New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Well That Was Unexpected Thread II: Now with 230% more lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    Ahriman: turns out the Emprah wanted you and your legion taken to Terra all nonviolent-like but Horus changed the order for Russ to "kill them all". Does that ever make you question your decision to ultimately side with Horus during the Heresy?
    Keep in mind: Even before Russ went to kill them, the Thousand Sons were NOT getting along well with the Emprah, ever since the council of Nikea.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, the Council of Nikaea AKA the Show Trial of Magnus the Red, AKA the Knee-Capping of the Thousand Sons was a serious derp. Having the Sons to give up their psychic powers is like having the Space Wolves calm down, having the Emperor's Children settle for mediocrity, the Ultrasmurfs give up douchebaggery, and the Word Bearers give up their faith to the Emprah.

Wait...didn't the aftermath of the latter cause Magnus and Russ to actually AGREE on something?!

ANYWAYS...after that, the Thousand Sons just derped around for a while until Magnus thought you-know-what was a good idea.

ANYWAYS v.2.0...
    Comic 546

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Yeah, the Council of Nikaea AKA the Show Trial of Magnus the Red, AKA the Knee-Capping of the Thousand Sons was a serious derp. Having the Sons to give up their psychic powers is like having the Space Wolves calm down, having the Emperor's Children settle for mediocrity, the Ultrasmurfs give up douchebaggery, and the Word Bearers give up their faith to the Emprah.

Wait...didn't the aftermath of the latter cause Magnus and Russ to actually AGREE on something?!

ANYWAYS...after that, the Thousand Sons just derped around for a while until Magnus thought you-know-what was a good idea.

ANYWAYS v.2.0...
    Comic 546

To be fair, A) Sorcery was a quick-path to enslavement to Tzeentch and Emprah knew it, B)the Council didn't really do jack to stop the Sons using sorcery, it just made everyone ELSE avoid psychic powers like the plague until after the heresy (some time afterward it was overturned and the compromise proposed and rejected there was instead given) and make every interaction with a Son terse and guarded on both sides.

What I find REALLY derpy was what he did to the word bearers. I mean, not only did he basically tell them "Your accomplishments ain't nothin'" to their faces, not only did he react as badly as he possibly could have in that situation to one of his primarchs (i'm still not sure why he didn't just tell the primarchs 'I need to defeat these massive warp consciousnesses who gain power through worship' or something like that - the fact that the primarchs weren't wary of chaos was half of the reason they kept falling like dominos) but he forced every word bearer there to fall to one knee basically just because he COULD.

Why not whip it out of your pants while you're at it?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-08 at 12:15 AM.

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Do keep 'em coming

Comic 545 is up

Ha! So powers WAS that self-rightous!

Or possessed by chaos in the most deliciously ironic of ways...
    Hmmmm.

ANYWAYS v.2.0...
    Comic 546
    Ah! Xeno's back! ...not for long, though.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Bugbear in the Playground

ANYWAYS v.2.0...
    Comic 546

You have explained quite well why the thousand suns don't really have any loyalty to the Emprah. What you have failed to explain is why Arhiman won't immediately get annoyed a Horus and his legion and storm over to kick Failbaddon's butt in a hilarious fashion. While the Emprah may be a jerk, that doesn't make what Horus and co did acceptable to Arhiman.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    You have explained quite well why the thousand suns don't really have any loyalty to the Emprah. What you have failed to explain is why Arhiman won't immediately get annoyed a Horus and his legion and storm over to kick Failbaddon's butt in a hilarious fashion. While the Emprah may be a jerk, that doesn't make what Horus and co did acceptable to Arhiman.
    Ahriman left his humanity - the part that might have some anger over that - behind a long time ago. He is a servant of Tzeentch now, and Chaos Undivided (ie, the Word Bearers, the Black Legion and others) worship all of the chaos gods as a single pantheon. Horus himself was manipulated by Tzeentch, just as Ahriman was manipulated into casting the Rubric. He doesn't care that Horus was a piece in Tzeentch's grand scheme.

And even if he had, in the end, it was still the Space Wolves that actually set Prospero aflame.

(I'm pretty sure Emperor is referencing Magnus' sorcery seeing through to the Heresy and his subsequent attempt to warn the Emperor, who saw he got the info from Tzeentch and thought MAGNUS was becoming a traitor)

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #1087

I can't tell you what Ahriman the Title-less' reaction would be to learning the truth, but...well, i'd recommend you read A Thousand Sons to get a better insight as to what happened with them. It's really quite tragic, they didn't deserve an ounce of what happened to them.

And IIRC, there's a difference between psychics and sorceries, and even then it's not the domain of Tzeench. If that were true, there would be no Undivided, Slaaneshi, Nurglite, or Khornate Sorcerers.

Comic 547. No real advancement in plot, but at this point, you should know that if you read this comic for the plotlines, yer doin' it wrong!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-09 at 07:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

I can't tell you what Ahriman the Title-less' reaction would be to learning the truth, but...well, i'd recommend you read A Thousand Sons to get a better insight as to what happened with them. It's really quite tragic, they didn't deserve an ounce of what happened to them.
    Well, they kinda did.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Morally, of course, they didn't. But... well, Magnus basically handed all of Prospero to the space wolves on a silver platter. It's like saying the guy who stuck his tongue in an electric socket didn't deserve to get shocked.

And IIRC, there's a difference between psychics and sorceries, and even then it's not the domain of Tzeench. If that were true, there would be no Undivided, Slaaneshi, Nurglite, or Khornate Sorcerers.
    They actually bring this up at the council: The difference is that sorcerers draw more power from the warp than naturally flows into them (paraphrasing there) by bargaining and interacting with the entities there.

Khornate sorcerers don't make sense anyway because Khorne despises psychic powers.

And yes, Sorcerery is Tzeentch's domain because Sorcery is a type of psychic power. See? Part of his story is that the other chaos gods - in a rare moment of cooperation - unite against him and scatter knowledge of all of his spells across the cosmos. That's why he has the Scribes.

Comic 547. No real advancement in plot, but at this point, you should know that if you read this comic for the plotlines, yer doin' it wrong!

... You travel with THAT GUY, willingly speak to an albino shakespearan lizard with a balloon attached to her tail and literally work for a guy who lives in a chair and are able to tell Xenos "you look ridiculous" with a straight face?!?!

...Helmet

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, here's a question about the Chaos Gods that came to me yesterday.

If I read correctly, Slaanesh is the youngest god, being born at the fall of the Eldar. And yesterday I found out he exists in Warhammer Fantasy? When was the fall of the Eldar? Was it not around 30000 or so?

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    So, here's a question about the Chaos Gods that came to me yesterday.

If I read correctly, Slaanesh is the youngest god, being born at the fall of the Eldar. And yesterday I found out he exists in Warhammer Fantasy? When was the fall of the Eldar? Was it not around 30000 or so?
    Ah, this mix-up happens all the time. Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40K's universes have nothing to do with each other.... in-universe, anyway. The Eldar and Elves have two separate backstories.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-10 at 09:39 AM.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1091

I might have said that wrong. What I meant is that Tzeentch doesn't hold a monopoly on psychic powers, and you can only make use of them by Tzeentch's fickle favor.

And as far as I can tell, 40k and WF exist in different universes. Though who knows. Maybe the events of WF ARE actually happening in 40k, in some backwater planet long-forgotten by the Imperium. Mankind has incredibly regressed technology, a group of feral orks plague the planet, Chaos has their hand of course, however, for unknown reasons, are unable to lend a technological hand, a splinter of Exodite Eldar sought to cut off their connections to the Warp through their technology altogether, and reverted to some primitive state, having long-forgotten their roots, and the Dark Eldar Elves, I can only begin to guess. Sigmar, Big Mac Daddy of the Empire, being a contender for one of the Missing Primarch slots.

Comic 548 is here. Ridiculous Xeno is best Xeno

Questions? Comments? Critique? Tributes to those tragically murdered 11 years ago this day?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-11 at 10:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

I might have said that wrong. What I meant is that Tzeentch doesn't hold a monopoly on psychic powers, and you can only make use of them by Tzeentch's fickle favor.

And as far as I can tell, 40k and WF exist in different universes. Though who knows. Maybe the events of WF ARE actually happening in 40k, in some backwater planet long-forgotten by the Imperium. Mankind has incredibly regressed technology, a group of feral orks plague the planet, Chaos has their hand of course, however, for unknown reasons, are unable to lend a technological hand, a splinter of Exodite Eldar sought to cut off their connections to the Warp through their technology altogether, and reverted to some primitive state, having long-forgotten their roots, and the Dark Eldar Elves, I can only begin to guess. Sigmar, Big Mac Daddy of the Empire, being a contender for one of the Missing Primarch slots.

Questions? Comments? Critique? Tributes to those tragically murdered 11 years ago this day?
    The thought occurs that Warhammer Fantasy could be that second Terra from the beginning of Horus Rising.

EDIT: So is Abbaroy like Avbaroy, but with the planet version of a six-pack?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-11 at 10:59 PM.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #1093

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    EDIT: So is Abbaroy like Avbaroy, but with the planet version of a six-pack?
    You know i've actually been meaning to explain that but I never found an opportunity
    This isn't the first time the Treaty of Abbaroy was mentioned, just so ya know, but I figure it hasn't been important until now.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, yes he is.

Also, it would be hilarious if they DID cut him into 5-6ish separate parts and just regenerated him at each separate location.
    Although the ramifications of 6 Powers roaming around is rather grim to contemplate...
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

15. - Top - End - #1095

Well, he has been decapitated. Twice. And is still kickin'. Who knows.

How many webcomics have characters that have twice survived decapitation?

Anyways, a totally not writers-block induced Metroid: Consternation 17
    I have absolutely no idea or explanation as to why, but the file size for this comic was MASSIVE. it's a 6-paneller so the cause for this continues to baffle me.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anyways, a totally not writers-block induced Metroid: Consternation 17
    I have absolutely no idea or explanation as to why, but the file size for this comic was MASSIVE. it's a 6-paneller so the cause for this continues to baffle me.

Certainly isn't the large amount of zoomers.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

17. - Top - End - #1097

The tidal wave of zoomers looks like something beautiful if you look long enough at it.

18. - Top - End - #1098

SwashbucklerGuy

Anyone want to take a guess on how many of those things Ing put in that last panel?

19. - Top - End - #1099

Normally rasterized pictures make for smaller picture sizes, it's things like gradients and blurs that create huge file sizes.
    Maybe Zoomers are more dangerous than we know

Comic 549 is up

20. - Top - End - #1100

I hate 0 comments. 549 amused me.

Anyways, Ask the Custodes 6: Bailed Out pt 1

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-22 at 10:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1101

That's not so much chaotic as it is madness. Or is there no distinction?

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    That's not so much chaotic as it is madness. Or is there no distinction?
    When it comes to the warp, composed literally of the thoughts and feelings of those with psychic powers/potential for psychic powers? No real difference.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #1103

If you have an expectation as to what "chaos" looks like you're doing it wrong. There's an equal chance it'll look at least somewhat similar to what you have in mind as it would look similar to a digital printout of the Libyan flag. I just took some pictures (free cameo if you can guess the general sources) and made edits in Photoshop until I could look at them and say "THAT's what the Warp looks like!"

Anyways, Comic 550. Your body isn't ready.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-26 at 05:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1104

I can say, my body wasn't ready.

Also, when did this Secundulu's party take place?

25. - Top - End - #1105

It was like...comic 25-something. In other words he's referencing something that happened a REALLY long time ago so...
    It would only make sense if you've gone through the archives or have been following me for the last two or three years. Archives that I am terrible at keeping up-to-date.

Comic 551 is up. Let's get this ship sailing, I told you I was going somewhere with this. Kind of.

It's like how I play Chess. Only think three moves ahead, maximum.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Well, at least he's happy for the moment.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

Just noticed: you said appearance of CHAOS when I think you meant the warp. We have very clear descriptions of what the realms of chaos look like.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #1108

SwashbucklerGuy

Well I'm amazed he got the spell off, much less actually got it to work.

It's like how I play Chess. Only think three moves ahead, maximum.
    Better than when I was younger where "thinking" wasn't in my dictionary. But come around high school I was actually somewhat competent at Chess. Too competitive for my tastes later on though.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Just noticed: you said appearance of CHAOS when I think you meant the warp. We have very clear descriptions of what the realms of chaos look like.
    Ooh yes. He's actually a good friend of mine.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Well I'm amazed he got the spell off, much less actually got it to work.

Better than when I was younger where "thinking" wasn't in my dictionary. But come around high school I was actually somewhat competent at Chess. Too competitive for my tastes later on though.

Ooh yes. He's actually a good friend of mine.

I don't think moves ahead at all, really. My one strategy is turn my Queen into an assassin - back it up with a rook and then shove it ALLLLLLLLLL the way across the board.

I actually was referring to descriptions like these:

"The Garden of Nurgle is Nurgle's realm within the Warp. This unwholesome realm is home to every pox and affliction imaginable and is alive with the stench of rot. This 'garden' is not a barren wasteland, but rather a macabre paradise of death and pestilence. A thick sheet of buzzing swarms of black, furry flies litter the sky, and twisted, rotten boughs entangled with grasping vines cover the mouldering ground, beneath an insect-ravaged canopy of leaves. Defiled fungi both plain and extraordinary break through the leaf-strewn mulch of..."

As well as the fact that the warp other than the realms of chaos is just warp-energy

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #1110

Well, I have read it all, but something that long ago I'll have to go look at it again. Keeps me fresh on the story, too.

And killing a custodian seems like the worst thing you could do in the WH40K universe. The rest of them will surely come after you.