New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That Was Unexpected Thread II: Now with 230% more lasers!

Kayl's character was intended as a parody of Vaarsuvius. Both characters were heavily intended to be adrogynous. I have gone to great lengths to never refer to Kayl by gender (302 doesnt count). Difference is Kayl's gender is extremely obvious.

And there are other reasons why Kayl may be uncomfortable by Torn (look at where he is specifically when he mounted Kayl).

Also, there's only 2 characters I can think of who use grey magic.

Comic 304 is up. Oh why did a 5-paneller take so long to make?

Because this (Comic 304 Alternate) was what it originally was supposed to look like. As you can see it's a largely incomplete 11(+?)paneller with duplicate panels and incomplete text bubbles. I'll save the SVG in case popular demand dictates I complete the comic for some stupid reason.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Guess what? I prefer the longer one.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Guess what? I prefer the longer one.
    I gotta ask...

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

I like the four panel.
    I'll make avatars if any one wants them.
    Cool comic
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125

Well, it seems like there was more thought put into it and I happen to prefer longer conversations. (not monologues though)

6. - Top - End - #126

Since I apparently can't get a consensus, everyone start voting for your favorite of the two WTwU comic 304 versions now. Do ya wanna see where the 5-paneller goes or the 12-paneller goes? (Note: If the 12-paneller is voted for i'll complete the comic)

I can't make comic 305 because both comics send Marnia in different directions so I need a fan consensus!

P.S. I vote for the 5-paneller.

7. - Top - End - #127

I'll vote for the longer comic.

8. - Top - End - #128

Well votes are on until the end of today (or start of the day tomorrow.) For those of you on different time zones the time is now 8:00 AM.

And i'm sure this'll influence a few votes, but
    304 Alternate is completed, complete with pose fixes, 12th panel and some dialogue edits.

Questions? Comments? Critique? Votes?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

It would be nice to see how Marnia hunts down Rand, but I'll vote for 304 Alternate. New characters draw more attention after all
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2010-03-03 at 01:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

I vote for Alternate Comic 304. Feels more complete, and doesn't stretch my screen.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2010-03-03 at 02:20 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

Well it looks like the 12-paneller won, so I made 305 around the different ending. If you wanted to see the 5-paneller, it's your own damn fault for not voting.

Comic 305 is up. Had a bit of fun in making this one.

12. - Top - End - #132

Hm, doesn't want him to know the king is currently dead.... wonder why.

13. - Top - End - #133

Characters will lie to one another. Some will be situational liars others might be chronic liars. I'm not gonna tell you who and/or when someone lies/lied, but I do expect you to be like "Did I hear that, or did I hear that from X?"

But right now, i'm just teeming with ideas on how I wanna continue this comic, i'm pretty much suffering from the exact opposite of writer's block

Comic 306 is up. 15-paneller is 15-panelled.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Great comic. Understood exactly what was going on!

Huh. So Arcane Incarnations CAN be defended against and CAN be hurt! I'm guessing by "that was a bad idea" meant he was unseucessful at killing Powers and Xeno.

Anyway, glad you have writer's rain (opposite of writer's block). It's pretty much what I'm like 100% of the time.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135

Heehee, funny dialogue.

16. - Top - End - #136

Arcane Incarnations not only can be hurt, but they can be killed. Just because it's really hard to do so doesn't make it impossible.

And if Xeno or Powers were do die, you'd get to see their deaths. I've already determined Powers' fate throughout the rest of the comic, but Xeno is more of a wild card. I will not however, be able to predict Powers' next decapitation.

Comic 307 is up. There's actually a lot more going on in this comic than meets the eye.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2010-03-11 at 05:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Fairly interesting. And foreshadowing too.

18. - Top - End - #138

no comment.

Comic 308 is up. This comic was actually finished yesterday but a huge storm killed the power, killin' mah internets. Having some time, I decided to add 3 more panels, but the computer was dangerously low in the middle of making 'em.

Still, I liked the way this one came out, especially the backgrounds.

19. - Top - End - #139

Whoa! New hair style!

20. - Top - End - #140

Well Kayl has a lot of hair and after falling for a bit you can't expect it to maintain shape afterwards.

Comic 309 is up, hey check it out I made a comic in 1 day!

It helps that I don't have to draw a hugeass complicated background.

Still, whenever only memn comments I get the feeling i'm doing something wrong. I need to know what i'm doing wrong so I can improve. If a comic is mediocre I need to know that too. If i'm doing it right let me know what amused you so I know what to do right.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry for not commenting, Rand, but with pretty much all the comics you've ever made recently, I only ever have a vague understanding of what's going on. It's like someone’s trying to speak to me in a foreign language and I only really get the gist of it.

I feel stupid, though, because I'm sure your general audience probably understands it and I'm just too stupid. And I can't even understand the comic enough to break it down and tell you what's confusing me!

I'm really sorry, man.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

Having a good plot to follow is quite nice; it's one reason why I prefer longer comics of yours to shorter ones. You have, and use, more time talking and explaining what's going on.

For example, I think that Rand somehow switched himself with an illusion, but I'm not exactly sure of that, or if it was meant to be obvious earlier.

This comic comment; this one likely would have gotten me some stares if there was someone in the room with me.

23. - Top - End - #143

Well I can definitely tell you that in Comic 304, I established that Rand switched himself with an illuson when Marnia yelled at Marcellan (The Arcane Incarnation) to kill the illusion.

And Q, here's a synopsis of the plot
    Spoiler
    Show

Rand, Torn, and Kayl are friends and adventuring partners that were trying to set up a new years party at their hometown. Torn gets lost and encounters Major Powers. Afterwards Torn inadvertently finds himself teaming with Powers to kill the tau fire warrior who managed to escape. They, as a group, manage to take down the fire warrior. Afterwards they go their separate ways. Powers then decides to crash the party with a platoon of Imperial Guardsmen behind him. Rand wipes them out and captures Powers. A botched rescue operation sends sanctioned psykers Kyle, Eric, and Gary teleported to 3 random points in the universe. Kyle appears in an unknown featureless plane, Gary teleported into Magebane's territory, and Eric appears in an unknown area which is yet to be established. Gary and Powers meet up in Magebane territory (notable by it's gray landscape, red and black skies, and almost all characters drawn in Madness style) and are led to The Emperor, who unveils Shas'Ui Ke'tie'pert'nek resurrected and granted a growing seed of The Emperor's power that, with time, enhances Ke'tie's physical and magical augmentations. Afterwards Powers and Gary reluctantly agree to team up with The Emperor for mysterious purposes. Powers is freed upon the termination of Rand.
    The next day Rand, Torn, and Kayl go to a dungeon that seems to be run by an Arcane Incarnation with a wierd name. There, they encounter Powers, Ke'Tie, and Gary in the same dungeon. There, Ke'Tie tells them some information about The Emperor and the...err...crystal I forget what it's called. that they need to slow him down. This is a lie because they are working for him. In their first fight, the 5 of them dominate the haunted armor enemies while Ke'tie is seen taking serious damage while managing to kill them however. Later, Xeno, as Ke'tie becomes being known as, begins to be able to dominate enemies. Just outside the chamber Powers kills Gary at the suspicion of daemonic possession. At the chamber containing the crystal Powers and Xeno turn on Rand, Kayl, and Torn. They are actually working for The Emperor. however they were already aware of the inevitable betrayal and attack them first, where Powers is incapacitated and Xeno's power level at its current state is unleashed. Kayl dissapears leaving Torn and Rand to fight Xeno, who dominates them while taking wounds that would kill any non-undead but shrugging them off. Rand manages to escape with the unconscious Torn and Powers, restored by Xeno, gives chase to them to Xeno's consternation. They manage to escape but mysteriously, Kayl is nowhere to be found. At the dungeon entrance, Powers and Xeno are met by Eric, who has aquired arcane powers and augmented abilities through unknown means. Eric disables Xeno and comes close to killing him until an attack from the resurrected Gary knocks him into Powers' reach, who kills him. It turns out Gary was resurrected by The Emperor into an incredibly powerful psyker with minor to moderate arcane powers, the result of which has mutated his body to give him claws, fangs, talons, skeletal wings, and heightened strength and speed.
    Later, Rand and Torn make their way to Kayl's house, where Kayl and Rand reveal to Torn their plan which replaced the Crystal with an illusion, Kayl dissapeared with the crystal to Xeno's consternation but to The Emperor's amusement. Clanor, an evil Arcane Incarnation, convinces Kayl to give him the crystal for safe keeping. What he has done with the crystal is yet to be known.
    Xeno, the next day, goes to the Tau enclave in an unknown valley in an unknown mountain range to regroup with the other Tau there. There, he secretly kills Shas'o Ay'pos Troh'fee Cray'zee and becomes Shas'O Ke'Tie Pert'Nek, aka Shas'O Xeno or Commander Xeno.
    The next day, due to its spiked high crime rate, the 3 of them decide to go to Eetwosees, the capital of the Kingdom of Eternus, which is a massive walled-in city with a population estimated at 1 billion. They figured there'd be a few quests here and there and some baddies to drop. Once they get there they find Powers attacking a (Half?) Orc out of suspicion of xenos existece. He is incapacitated by a White Scars space marine who gets his foot stuck in his mouth. As he is being brought to the prison, Powers, with a small bit of assistance from The Apprentice, manages to escape and kill the space marine with a massive fall, which Powers survives. The Apprentice, along with Lord Magebane, are also at the kingdom do negotiate (or rather intimidate) the king of eternus due to his attack force being wiped out by Powers and Xeno in the previous chapter. After which they leave and have a brief encounter with Torn and Kayl. Rand teleported away after Torn tried to blow him up. The king tells them to rescue his daughter from the terrorist front Atlas which is headquartered in a formerly abandoned but massive tower-fortress. They make their way to it and begin kicking ass inside, only to find that someone was already kicking ass inside.
    A semiconscious Rand is found flying around destroying everything resembling hostile when he teams up with Powers and Xeno who seem to be doing the same thing out of their own amusement. Rand eventually diverts away randomly and finds enough rest to stay awake for a bit longer. He then accidentally finds his way to Lizard Juliet's cell, who turns out to be an albino of Rand's currently unnamed reptilian species. She also claims to be Princess Marnia Eternus to Rand's stubborn disbelief. The two of them then find their way to Kayl, Torn, Xeno, and Powers whom have reluctantly agreed to team up one last time. After which Lord Secundus casts a spell to have the 6 of them's form changed to their greatest fear. Rand is tailless, Marnia is undead, Torn is a kobold, Kayl is a Red Dragonnoid, Powers is tau, and Xeno's power was too great to be taken away by Lord Secundus so he called in a favor from The Emperor to read a note which seemed to cause great consternation in Xeno. Powers is decapitated after dominating Kayl. Kayl in response devours Powers' decapitated yet somehow alive head. Afterwards The Emperor, out of fury, casts a continent-destroying evocation spell which is absorbed by Marnia's meta-hammer. Xeno then goes berserk and freezes Kayl, and punching Rand out of the tower. Marnia then uses the power absorbed in the metahammer to defeat Xeno and knock out his arcane abilities and augmentations, turning him into just a regular undead. His disembodied powers are absorbed by the Meta-hammer, giving Marnia incredible spellcasting ability. Marnia later uses this ability to cure everyone except Powers and Kayl of their curse. Torn nails Xeno to the wall with his axe. Marnia, Torn, and Kayl then continue on to find Lord Secundus and Clanor holding the leader of Atlas captive, making the task of taking him down rather easy. As they go to turn him in Marnia teleports Rand to them, who seems to have been captured and tied to a chair by remnant Atlas agents and brought to Lord Secundus. Kayl then begins to experience pain and at the hospital, Powers' head bursts its way out of Kayl's body. The head is then kicked out and lands on the body of a tau fire warrior, crushing the previous head and taking control of the body. Rand is taken in by Eternus Police because he was tied to a chair and suspected of possibly committing a crime. Once he is removed he teleports away out of the association between him and marnia, torn, and kayl always ending badly one way or another. The Apprentice later trains Xeno to use his remnant powers, making him more powerful than before.
    Marnia is reunited with the king who confirms Marnia's royalty status. Not long after a massive army led by The Apprentice is teleported outside of Eetwosees. The King, his Elite Praetorans, Marnia, Torn, and Kayl enter the battle. The Apprentice surrenders mysteriously and The King is killed through unknown means, however Marnia suspects The Apprentice to a powerful psychic. Rand, who appeared mysteriously, agrees to rezz the king, but tells Marnia the spell will take 48 hours, which she agrees to sit through to Rand's frustration.
    Powers and Xeno fight just outside the Tau Enclave. Powers found himself there while Xeno must complete a special Trial by Fire called by the Aun'O himself. Xeno and Powers fight briefly before they agree to a truce for the moment. Xeno completes a portion of the trial by fire before getting irritated by the Earth Caste commander who designed it and kicks his ass, to Aun'Ui Eeth'err'ee'le's and the Aun'O's pleasure. Xeno is now offically recognized as Shas'O Ke'tie Pert'nek. Afterwards Powers attacks Xeno in a battle that seems to have dragged on into the next day.
    Previously, after teleporting away from Marnia, Kayl, and Torn, Rand appears at his house when he is met by a mysterious light blue spellcaster who calls him into battle. The man turns out to be the apprentice of another spellcaster Rand killed during his infantile years and has sworn revenge. After thinking Rand dead he attempts to kill Rand's brother Gromm, only to find out he's the demon prince and ex-god Lord Secundus. Rand teleports behind him with a flamethrower.

Everything from here on forward is explained in the latest chapter.

Also, hay guys check this out. Pilot comic for this metroid sprite comic concept I have for when WTwU is over.

Sadly most of the humor is only understandable if you follow the Metroid series.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2010-03-16 at 03:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Also, hay guys check this out. Pilot comic for this metroid sprite comic concept I have for when WTwU is over.
    That looks like some damn good spriting. Although my knowldge of Metroid is quite limited, I will still look forward to this.

As for your plot summary...Um...I will try to read it again later. When you're finished it. Yeah.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145

Very long and somewhat confusing plot so far.

The way it winds around probably doesn't help with understanding what's going on.

26. - Top - End - #146

Synopsis is finished. I'm a terrible writer, let me say this right now. And I apologize for the giant wall of text, there was nothing I could do to stop it.

27. - Top - End - #147

As for the sprite comic, it came out pretty good. I changed some portions of the map around (Excluding the obvious such as the blue bridges) to suit my purposes but it came out pretty good. Might need to change the color on the 8-bit Omega Metroid sprite though, it looks like crap.

Comic 310 is up. Had a bit of fun with this one.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2010-03-18 at 02:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    As for the sprite comic, it came out pretty good. I changed some portions of the map around (Excluding the obvious such as the blue bridges) to suit my purposes but it came out pretty good. Might need to change the color on the 8-bit Omega Metroid sprite though, it looks like crap.

Comic 310 is up. Had a bit of fun with this one.

As somebody who know nothing about sprite art whatsoever (yet somehow managed to create and finish a somewhat successful sprite fancomic) I wuld have to say I really didn't notice anything wrong with it.

As for the decapitation, if this were any other comic I might be worried. But since it's this comic, I'm sure it's just a temporary thing.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Well, that was an impostor and the princess was obviously unconsciously defending herself from attack!

Seriously though, it's been going on for a while, but why has the tarrasque been shrinking? He started out being at least 8 times as large as Princess and now he's the same height as her!

30. - Top - End - #150

Archduke Araske's monocle is enchanted (as implied by the purple magic effect), and it can be assumed that the monocle gives him the ability to shrink his size at will. This will probably have a practical effect in the future but as of now it serves more as a convinience for me.

Comic 311 is up. Drawing this set was an absolute nightmare lemme tell you. I'll probably steer away from these two for comic 312