New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Perenelle's Pleasantly Playful and Passionately Peculiar Random Banter #133

Google-fu?

I wish I had more milk to make cocoa/chocolatey goodness.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Perenelle's Pleasantly Playful and Passionately Peculiar Random Banter #133

The real question needed to be asked:

Snickers
    Milky Way
    or
    Musketeers
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #333

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Snickers
    Milky Way
    or
    Musketeers
    There is a question? I see none.

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Snickers
    Milky Way
    or
    Musketeers
    I choose Mars Bars!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    :smallblush:

Translation:
    "Thank you very much my American friend. That's (Ce/Cet/Cette can also mean 'that/this') very nice of you.
    I believe it will be excellent, but that all depends on the night, no?"
    Merde! Moi Francais, ce est tres mal! D: *Bad Word*! My French, it is very bad!

I should have at least known you were talking about "night". I say "Bonne Nuit" about every other night to someone.

Edit: Incidentally, I'd like to pick a third option. (fourth, in this case)
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-11-17 at 04:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Not the really orangy ochre, the warm brown. It's a pretty loose descriptive term to be honest, I think.

Snakes. Why does it always have to be snakes.

What the heck is a Muskateers when it's a chocolate? It is a hard choice, milky way are nice, but snickers is advertised by mr. T...
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2009-11-17 at 04:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Merde! Moi Francais, ce est c'est tres mal! D: *Bad Word*! My French, it is very bad!
    Ahem. Indeed.

Also, in other news, for some reason this makes me like Irish folk music more than any other country's.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Banned

*Sobs* There's no chocolate left, i already ate it all!!!

*Gorges himself on first level commoners*

*Destroys a random village in a fit of rage over there not being any more chocolate*

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

You should youtube Wild Rover sometime then, there are quite some good versions.

Also probably seeing Rapalje sing Wild Rover live in a couple of months.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Not the really orangy ochre, the warm brown. It's a pretty loose descriptive term to be honest, I think.

Snakes. Why does it always have to be snakes.

What the heck is a Muskateers when it's a chocolate? It is a hard choice, milky way are nice, but snickers is advertised by mr. T...
    Mr. T pities the fool who don't like Snickers.

What is a Musketeers bars? A miserable pile of secrets a whipped chocolaty substance covered in chocolate.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    You should youtube Wild Rover sometime then, there are quite some good versions.

Also probably seeing Rapalje sing Wild Rover live in a couple of months.
    Butbutbut... That is Wild Rover, on YouTube... *confused*

And it's no, nay, never!
    No, nay, never, no more will I play the wild rover
    no never, no more!

*sings*

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Baby Ruth or Almond Joy. If not, Snickers.

13. - Top - End - #343

(I really want accents now. Also, perhaps we'd better stop the untranslated stuff?)
    No, keep going! It lets me exercise what little remains of my grasp of the French language.

I'm very frustrated to realize that, while I have retained the ability to understand French just fine, my ability to respond or converse is completely shot. Merdeux.
    That's pretty much me. It's unfortunate, really. I didn't like learning French (and so I dropped it last year), but I loved being able to speak it. I wish I was better with languages besides English.

I should go to France sometime! If what I've heard is correct, that should force me to regain some kind of competence with the language, however temporarily. However, I wouldn't really look forward to the prospect of stumbling over every sentence for a week or two.

It's also supposed to be a pretty cool place or whatever.

Edit: For the question above, Three Musketeers.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-11-17 at 04:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
    Butbutbut... That is Wild Rover, on YouTube... *confused*

And it's no, nay, never!
    No, nay, never, no more will I play the wild rover
    no never, no more!

*sings*
    Yesh, ish Wild Rover, but just by different band(s), giving different sound.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Yesh, ish Wild Rover, but just by different band(s), giving different sound.
    Cruachan's version is the one I like the most.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

*super facepalms*

So, I was absent from school all of last week. 5 days. I send out a mass email to all my teachers, requesting any and all makeup work they want me to do, when I'll be making up tests/quizzes... et cetera. And I got all work from 3 of my 4 teachers, but the 4th, my calculus C teacher, didn't reply. The email said it had been opened (school email's nifty function), but there was no reply. I talk to her today abotu the quizzes and stuff I need to make up (three in total), and she says she marked them down as 0/100s, because I "didn't have the initiative" to come and talk to her, when I emailed her the week before? She denies receiving it, and I'm only able to make up one of the quizzes. So, if I do the very best, I still average a 33% on all of them since I can't make up the other two. !

And yes, this is the same teacher that took points of my grade for using a black pen, that wrote with red ink, when the policy said "red pen". Apparently, the plastic on the outside of the pen has to be red, as well as the ink. So this pen isn't "red".

And I have my cumulative review exam tomorrow (past three chapters! Wahoo!)

/school rant
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2009-11-17 at 05:18 PM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty sure there's supposed to be someone you go to and say that your teacher isn't doing their job properly, particularly if you have evidence (from the school's own system, no less) that the teacher is lying to you. Head of department might be a good place to start.

18. - Top - End - #348

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mud View Post
    And yes, this is the same teacher that took points of my grade for using a black pen, that wrote with red ink, when the policy said "red pen". Apparently, the plastic on the outside of the pen has to be red, as well as the ink. So this pen isn't "red".

You cannot be serious. That is easily one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. If she told me that, I would have walked straight out of the room and into the principal's office. That's incredibly petty, and a blatant abuse of power.

PROTIP: Teachers, your job is to goddamn teach. Not to show off your authority to teenagers.

19. - Top - End - #349

I also have my share of teacher related horror stories. Luckily, the course is an elective and I can drop it, which I will do before Friday.

He gave us an assignment where we were supposed to think up points for and against a case, then present it to the class. He then proceeded to take off marks for me "contradicting" myself. He also refused to take up a test that reduced everyone's average by %10 because we had written it a week before and had probably forgotten all about it. Not to mention blatant favoritism (which may include sexism, but it may just be a coincidence that all the students he dotes on are female).

It feels good to rant, but it feels even better to drop the course.
    Last edited by Zocelot; 2009-11-17 at 05:47 PM.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
    Ahem. Indeed.

Also, in other news, for some reason this makes me like Irish folk music more than any other country's.
    Which reminds me, here's something else from the British Isles. *Apologies to all those who may be offended by the inclusion of Ireland in the British Isles. Apologies to all those who think it ought to be, too. Just to cover all my bases*

@Faculty Stupidity: Report it. Immediately. :/ You should not have to put up with that.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-11-17 at 05:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

21. - Top - End - #351

I can dance a hornpipe now!

Or at least, I can dance the hornpipe our director made up for us to do in the act 1 finale.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty sure there's supposed to be someone you go to and say that your teacher isn't doing their job properly, particularly if you have evidence (from the school's own system, no less) that the teacher is lying to you. Head of department might be a good place to start.
    She's the Department Head. I'm consulting my Dad now, and I need this lady to like me so she doesn't kill the rest of my grades... Soooo, after the marking period, I'll tell the Vice Principal, probably.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I can dance a hornpipe now!

Or at least, I can dance the hornpipe our director made up for us to do in the act 1 finale.
    *grins*

Our Production Manager/Stage Manager is making our male moving chorus dance a hornpipe in either 'If You Want to Know Who We Are', 'A Wand'ring Minstrel I' or 'Our Great Mikado'.
    Yes.
    A hornpipe in 'feudal' Japan. And possibly tapdancing gravediggers.
    Because we're awesome like that.

Also she's going crazy with the thematic colouring. Black and pink for everything except the Mikado who is gold.
    The chorus is under threat of Scenery Relegation if we wear anything but plain black. It even extends to the colour of the drinks we have in the Act II Finale.

Why does it always seem as if the Act I Finale is bigger than te Act II one. I mean, the vocal score for Mikado Act I is something like twenty pages, but the Act II Finale is about six.
    Is it the same for Pinafore?

ION: I finished my essay half an hour ago and edged marginally over the word limit! In celebration I bought myself chips and a Snickers. Before all the chocolatey talk made my hungry.
    I am now feasting.
    And watching Mikado Act I Finale on YouTube.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

25. - Top - End - #355

So I just ran outside wearing very little, so that I could get the mail. My mailbox is right under a streetlight, so if anyone had looked, I would have been fully illuminated.

I kinda hope no one was looking out the window at that time.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #356
    Barbarian in the Playground

Does anyone else get this? Every time I look at the name I immediately think of Mr Perelli's Miracle Elixer.

Obviously I must be insane.

-Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    So I just ran outside wearing very little, so that I could get the mail. My mailbox is right under a streetlight, so if anyone had looked, I would have been fully illuminated.

I kinda hope no one was looking out the window at that time.
    heh. I know how you feel.
    I ran outside chasing after my cat one time while in just my underwear... >.>
    Hopefully the neighbors were still asleep since it was pretty early on a Saturday morning.

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    heh. I know how you feel.
    I ran outside chasing after my cat one time while in just my underwear... >.>
    Hopefully the neighbors were still asleep since it was pretty early on a Saturday morning.
    Sounds rather....err...interesting.

But yeah, in the end getting the mail was pointless, because what I want still hasn't been delivered yet.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #359

*grins*

Our Production Manager/Stage Manager is making our male moving chorus dance a hornpipe in either 'If You Want to Know Who We Are', 'A Wand'ring Minstrel I' or 'Our Great Mikado'.
    Yes.
    A hornpipe in 'feudal' Japan. And possibly tapdancing gravediggers.
    Because we're awesome like that.
    Well, in 'A Wand'ring Minstrel' it could actually make sense, since there's the bit about a song of the sea.

Also she's going crazy with the thematic colouring. Black and pink for everything except the Mikado who is gold.
    The chorus is under threat of Scenery Relegation if we wear anything but plain black. It even extends to the colour of the drinks we have in the Act II Finale.

Why does it always seem as if the Act I Finale is bigger than te Act II one. I mean, the vocal score for Mikado Act I is something like twenty pages, but the Act II Finale is about six.
    Is it the same for Pinafore?
    Black drinks? That's fairly extreme.

I guess because at the end of Act I everything is happening all at once, whereas the Act II finale just rounds things off.
    And yes. Pinafore Act I finale, pages 58-86 in the vocal score. Act II finale, pages 141-150.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Sounds rather....err...interesting.

But yeah, in the end getting the mail was pointless, because what I want still hasn't been delivered yet.
    oh, it was. believe me. the fact that I had to run all the way across my yard and tackle a fat cat made it so much stranger. I cant imagine what the neighbors were thinking if they saw me.

aw. well hopefully whatever it is will come soon.