New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Perenelle's Pleasantly Playful and Passionately Peculiar Random Banter #133

can frozen pizza get freezer burned and then the cheese doesnt melt right when you put it in the oven? I think something is wrong with this pizza....

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Perenelle's Pleasantly Playful and Passionately Peculiar Random Banter #133

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    can frozen pizza get freezer burned and then the cheese doesnt melt right when you put it in the oven? I think something is wrong with this pizza....
    To answer the first part of the question: Yes, it can.

For the second part: most likely.

Cobra suggestion: get something else to eat. Or eat weird pizza.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

That happens all the time to me, and yet I still keep freezing my pizza.

I've had this horrible, horrible song stuck in my head, and I wanted to share the misery.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zocelot View Post
    That happens all the time to me, and yet I still keep freezing my pizza.

I've had this horrible, horrible song stuck in my head, and I wanted to share the misery.
    What...what...what is this madness? It's...it's like gangsta screamo? I'M SO CONFUSED! D=

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

you mean this song?
    Ahh...Disney Shorts. Such a part of my childhood.

Sorry Cobra, but all I can think of when I hear about singing worms is this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Firbolg in the Playground

I decided to finish my homework before going onto the random banter this time. Of course, now it's too late for me to think straight, and I've already used up all my wit and huggles on my friends at school, so I'm sorta useless now.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Was the pizza in the freezer for a long time? If so, then I'm pretty sure the freezer burn was caused by the process of sublimation. Yeah, currently taking chemistry atm. Woot, random knowledge.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

My formal was...slightly worse than I was expecting.

Hm.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

AAGGGHHH. I missed the Gilbert and Sullivan conversation? Oh woe betides!

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    And not one of you even mention that song about New York. That's about the City and the City alone. I will have no part of it.
    Hey, don't pin that piece 'a crap song on us. Wasn't our idea.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What happened? Your ex try to kill ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

No, but it was basically fairly lame. Also the food was terrible and between an hour and a half and two hours late. Ickiness or lateness, either would be fairly acceptable. Together, it is not.

Also, the amount of people that snuck alcohol via flasks in pockets into this particular no-alcohol-event is...actually not surprising at all. By which I mean, about 80 percent of the graduates were at least tipsy.

Goddamn did everybody look nice though. Well, almost everybody >.> But I won't go into that.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Perish the thought! I have a world of respect for City dwellers.

I just hate it when people hear "New York" and immediately assume "The City". We have Woodstock here, you know. The Hudson River? Erie Canal? It's a pretty awesome state!
    Spoiler
    Show

...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Could be worse. We could go into moon songs...
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

14. - Top - End - #434

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Could be worse. We could go into moon songs...
    I'm your moon
    You're my moon...
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, JoCo. A native inhabitant of Brooklyn, of course.

16. - Top - End - #436

NecromancerGuy

In other news, goodwill came through for me for three of the four black things I need for my concert on the 3rd. Got the slacks, shoes(which I might be able to use to dance in in a pinch with some polishing), and shirt.

Now to just get a belt and figure out what the woman wants in terms of ties.

Funny thing though, I think this is the first time I've ever had a black dress shirt. I kind of want to get a solid red tie to go with it just cause now...
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #437
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

You guys and your EIGHT fraggin' pages since I last came here, yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    It's spelled Megadeth, not Megadeath. And yes, they apparently are. Did I mention that Slayer and Testament are also playing? I think that I might explode with happiness. Or metal. Or both!
    Hmmm, looks like the closest they're coming to me is Nashville, and that's not close enough.

Also, *waves*
    PHOE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Lego = <3. *snuggles*

You can never have too much Lego.
    Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos

Ahhhh, that feels better.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

*Twitches every time "Legos" is said in lew of "Lego".*

Sorry, reflex...
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

19. - Top - End - #439

Neither is the plural of the toy. To be correct you would have to say Lego bricks, as Lego is merely a brand name and not the actual term for one or many bricks.
    Last edited by Alarra; 2009-11-18 at 01:44 AM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

20. - Top - End - #440

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    *Twitches every time "Legos" is said in lew of "Lego".*

Sorry, reflex...
    Two problems...

1.) ... in lieu of...
    2.) "Lego" as the plural is equally wrong. LEGO is a brand name and as such should only be used as an adjective in formal speech or writing, NEVER as the noun. That being said, the proper plural can only be "LEGO bricks". Ergo, stop getting all worked up about it since you're* wrong too.

*by "you" I mean everyone who gets their undies in a bunch about the whole issue.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2009-11-18 at 01:48 AM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

I know...

It just bothered me for so long due to... uh... well, I'm not sure why... but now I can't help the twitching.

...And don't get me started on "Jedi's"... <.<

EDIT: Also, just gotta say that that Avatar is awesome, Alarra.
    Last edited by V'icternus; 2009-11-18 at 01:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post

PHOE!!!!
    Yo! I was in the neighbourhood, and thought I'd take a shot at actually posting again.

How have things been? (Also, I am inordinately fond of your avatar. Just saying).

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    2.) "Lego" as the plural is equally wrong. LEGO is a brand name and as such should only be used as an adjective in formal speech or writing, NEVER as the noun. That being said, the proper plural can only be "LEGO bricks". Ergo, stop getting all worked up about it since you're* wrong too.

*by "you" I mean everyone who gets their undies in a bunch about the whole issue.
    There is such a thing, of course, as a substantive adjective, in which case Lego would be a proper plural since English adjectives do not have a plural inflection. :P

All the same,
    Bunched undies are bad medicine all around.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-11-18 at 01:56 AM.

24. - Top - End - #444

Yo! I was in the neighbourhood, and thought I'd take a shot at actually posting again.

How have things been? (Also, I am inordinately fond of your avatar. Just saying).
    *huggles Phoe*

Things, such as they are, are good! My list of complaints lately are mostly not noteworthy as they are things any person might have to deal with in the course of their day to day lives. (Those things include, but are not limited to; that I'm bored with my job and I don't like it anymore, but I don't relish the idea of moving on for various reasons, and that I'm horribly sick and tired of having to pick up dog poop in my own yard because that's where my dogs are supposed to poop and we don't typically hang out back there for any reason, but my nosey neighbor lurks on her back porch in the mornings to waylay me and insist that I do something about it because she picks up her dog's every steaming pile as it falls to the ground).

I actually like this avatar a lot too. And this time I even had a say in what it was going to look like instead of "Alarra, honey? Can you make me a ---- themed avatar?" But speaking of bowling avatars, you should check out hers. Look particularly at the bowling ball itself. It's amazing.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    There is such a thing, of course, as a substantive adjective, in which case Lego would be a proper plural since English adjectives do not have a plural inflection. :P

All the same,
    Bunched undies are bad medicine all around.
    There is such a thing, however, a substantive adjective would never be pluralized, so your point is moot.

In usage, a substantive adjective refers to "things that are {adjective}". So, a substantive adjective should not be modified by an adverb or adjective, certainly not one indicative of some portionality.

For a most common example, we'll use "old" as a substantive adjective. I might say "out with the old" as part of a well used phrase. I would not, however, say, "I need to get rid of some old." It just doesn't make any sense. Along those lines, one could argue more accurately, I suppose, that "I tire of Lego" is a more properly constructed sentence, but not "I need more Lego".
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2009-11-18 at 02:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445

NecromancerGuy

I miss legos.

Also, the guy from green day's name is Billy Joe.

Billy Joe. @_@
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-11-18 at 03:27 AM.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

I miss legos.

Also, god but it hurts to talk to my ex but I have no idea why.

Also, the guy from green day's name is Billy Joe.

Billy Joe. @_@
    Which is infinitely inferior to "Billy Joel". >.>

If you're implying the name sounds ridiculous, there's a girl in my biology class named "Barbara Sue". She's also the annoying kid who sits up front and asks a bunch of unrelated questions, then interrupts the teacher with semi-understood or just wrong answers in an effort to show how much smarter she is than everyone. -_-

She called me an annoying know-it-all once, too. >.>

27. - Top - End - #447

NecromancerGuy

If you're implying the name sounds ridiculous, there's a girl in my biology class named "Barbara Sue". She's also the annoying kid who sits up front and asks a bunch of unrelated questions, then interrupts the teacher with semi-understood or just wrong answers in an effort to show how much smarter she is than everyone. -_-

She called me an annoying know-it-all once, too. >.>
    ^ Sounds like she's infinitely inferior to "Barbara Ann" and sets her self up for the retort "Ah, so you're not a complete know-nothing after all, just an insufferable cur. I wonder if you even know what cur means. Gah. So insufferable."

I'm implying that it's surprisingly rural for someone who is, well... such a nancy boy.

or rather, not really implying, so much as, that's why I found it worth commenting upon.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree. Billy Joel > Billy Joe.

...Mostly because Just About Everything > GreenDay...
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449

Sleep is unnecessary and overrated. I do just fine getting a couple hours' worth a night. Sleeping any longer than the absolute bare minimum just feels so... wasteful.
    But... but... but...
    I now feel old for needing eight and a half hours of sleep every night to function.

And I have a kitty sitting on my chest, blocking the view of the monitor...

Also, I miss missing pins while trying to play bowling. I want to gather friends and go bowling again!
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Sleep. Is it just me, or does it feel so much less potent if ends in warm, snuggly blanketcuddle mode, instead of iceflash out-of-bed-before-eyes-open mode?