New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Perenelle's Pleasantly Playful and Passionately Peculiar Random Banter #133

I'm sure someone could argue for another president. I mean, I wouldn't agree, but I'm sure it could be done. You wouldn't think politics would be a profession that calls for much manliness and yet....

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Perenelle's Pleasantly Playful and Passionately Peculiar Random Banter #133

Quote Originally Posted by HotAndCold View Post
    I'm sure someone could argue for another president. I mean, I wouldn't agree, but I'm sure it could be done. You wouldn't think politics would be a profession that calls for much manliness and yet....
    No... no you can't.

Roosevelt is the baddest dude to ever be president.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Theodore Roosevelt was part of the Rough Riders, the first volunteer cavalry division in the United States. He led the charge up San Juan Hill. On that day, the cavalry division was without their horses. He led the charge anyway.

If you really want to read about manly presidents, this is the article to do it. Though honestly, they don't do George Washington proper justice in just how awesome he was.

Theodore, on the other hand...well, this is what they have to say about him:

"Roosevelt received letters from army cavalrymen complaining about having to ride 25 miles a day for training and, in response, Teddy rode horseback for 100 miles, from sunrise to sunset, at 51 years old, effectively rescinding anyone's right to complain about anything, ever again. "

Also, is that Booster Gold, HotandCold? Because that's a really awesome Booster Gold.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-11-16 at 07:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you! :D That is indeed Booster. Drew and colored him myself.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you! :D That is indeed Booster. Drew and colored him myself.
    *borrows your magical art powers, clones them into himself* >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    *borrows your magical art powers, clones them into himself* >.>
    That's not how cloning works. D:

Though incidentally Cobra, do you remember the origin story of your name? How it's actually derived from a Metal Gear RP?

Could you describe that character for us? :3 I'd like to take a crack at making him.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    That's not how cloning works. D:

Though incidentally Cobra, do you remember the origin story of your name? How it's actually derived from a Metal Gear RP?

Could you describe that character for us? :3 I'd like to take a crack at making him.
    At making him? There's a sketch of him, and the rest of the Cobras, somewhere on FB. But as I recall, I was heavy weapons guy. >.>

Like, BEYOND heavily armed and armored. >.>

I believe I got sniped in the story my friend wrote for it. But I also think I was one of the few survivors. I'm trying to reconcile those. >.>

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

ugh.... I just got back from Swim Team Practice.. I am soo tired.

This was our first practice, and we started our "warm up" by doing 500 meter laps. thats 10 laps total without stopping. 1 being to the end of the pool and back. then the rest of practice we did 50 meter sprints and relays... and practiced diving off the blocks.. I got home and ate 2 pieces of chicken, 4 slices of french toast, and 4 glasses of milk. Swimming apparently makes me hungry.

On the bright side my coach was happy and said that I'm pretty set for the season.
    I'm very happy with myself considering the fact I've never been on a competitive swim team and I can keep up with the people who have. so looks like a good start to the swim season!
    and now I'm off to do research for my project on women's suffrage. thats due tomorrow. blahh..

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

At making him? There's a sketch of him, and the rest of the Cobras, somewhere on FB. But as I recall, I was heavy weapons guy. >.>

Like, BEYOND heavily armed and armored. >.>

I believe I got sniped in the story my friend wrote for it. But I also think I was one of the few survivors. I'm trying to reconcile those. >.>
    Ah...well I guess that's okay...*huggles you* I think it'd be strange to see you as anything but a Cobra anyway. ;o Make way for the new Cobra Ikari! Now with 50% less false advertising!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah...well I guess that's okay...*huggles you* I think it'd be strange to see you as anything but a Cobra anyway. ;o Make way for the new Cobra Ikari! Now with 50% less false advertising!
    *hugs*...hey, draw if you want, I don't think anyone'd mind. If you want the group, as I remember, there was heavy weapons guy, sadistic sniper, crazed ego-driven leader, quiet stealthy second-in-command, mysterious ninjathing, loudmouthed hacker, and a very stereotypical soldier. I'll look for the sketch.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post

This was our first practice, and we started our "warm up" by doing 500 meter laps. thats 10 laps total without stopping. 1 being to the end of the pool and back. then the rest of practice we did 50 meter sprints and relays... and practiced diving off the blocks.. I got home and ate 2 pieces of chicken, 4 slices of french toast, and 4 glasses of milk. Swimming apparently makes me hungry.

On the bright side my coach was happy and said that I'm pretty set for the season.
    I'm very happy with myself considering the fact I've never been on a competitive swim team and I can keep up with the people who have. so looks like a good start to the swim season!
    and now I'm off to do research for my project on women's suffrage. thats due tomorrow. blahh..
    Yay! I knew you'd do well. ^^

I hope you recieved all that energy I didn't have, otherwise I don't know where it went.

*Hugs, huggles, snuggles... scuddles... yeah...*
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Swimming does tend to burn a lot of calories, prolly your body telling you that you did a good job. *nods*

I might've gotten into swimming if our school was not in central New York. D: Very hard to form a swim team with no body of warm water nearby and no budget for an indoor pool.

Oh, and before we forget about T.R., TV Tropes also has an article on him, showing just how manly he is.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

I understand how hungry you can get after swimming. I used to swim for a couple of hours each week, which was usually followed by eating most of a carton of eggs. I stopped swimming temporarily though, and never started again. It's something I should look into, but will probably put off indefinitely.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    No... no you can't.

Roosevelt is the baddest dude to ever be president.
    And yet, the manliest drink ever is named for Andrew "Action Jackson" Jackson.

One part A1, one part cheap whiskey, three parts broken glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

And yet, the manliest drink ever is named for Andrew "Action Jackson" Jackson.

One part A1, one part cheap whiskey, three parts broken glass.
    That's because the Theodore Roosevelt is too dangerous to serve in bars. Merely naming the ingredients has been known to make women faint. (and particularly unmanly men)

Also, Jackson was a different kind of badass. More along the lines of a gun-toting hickory stick beating badass.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow. Our 1st practice we only had to do 400 to start. Sadly, it only gets harder from here. But if you can keep up, that's doing really well. I couldn't when I started.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

That's because the Theodore Roosevelt is too dangerous to serve in bars. Merely naming the ingredients has been known to make women faint. (and particularly unmanly men)

Also, Jackson was a different kind of badass. More along the lines of a gun-toting hickory stick beating badass.
    ...still, both men practiced the art of Let The Other Guy Shoot You And Then Kick His Ass While He Reloads. An art only the manliest can hope to succeed at. >.>

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

...still, both men practiced the art of Let The Other Guy Shoot You And Then Kick His Ass While He Reloads. An art only the manliest can hope to succeed at. >.>
    ...For some reason, I now imagine a battle between TR and Jackson panning out as a battle between Solid Snake and Revolver Ocelot, with Theodore as Snake and Jackson as Ocelot.

Only Jackson also has his Hickory Stick, and Theodore shouts "Bully!" instead of repeating everything people say.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

...For some reason, I now imagine a battle between TR and Jackson panning out as a battle between Solid Snake and Revolver Ocelot, with Theodore as Snake and Jackson as Ocelot.

Only Jackson also has his Hickory Stick, and Theodore shouts "Bully!" instead of repeating everything people say.
    *grins*...I love it.

Oh, what'd you think of the pictures I sent you?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

*grins*...I love it.

Oh, what'd you think of the pictures I sent you?
    Pretty good, but I don't think I'll be able to OOTS-style Avatarize Cobra Ikari.

I do need a decent challenge for myself though. Hmm...
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Pretty good, but I don't think I'll be able to OOTS-style Avatarize Cobra Ikari.

Blind OotS cupid hanging over a doorway that a belkar clone is heading through?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #202

We're making OOTS style Cobras? That's wonderful. No, try. Believe in yourself, Introbulus.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    We're making OOTS style Cobras? That's wonderful. No, try. Believe in yourself, Introbulus.
    I sent him a pic of REAL Ikari. It's...a bit tougher than you think. I think. >.>

24. - Top - End - #204

I sent him a pic of REAL Ikari. It's...a bit tougher than you think. I think. >.>
    Okay, let me dig up my REAL Ikari pic(s) and make something. Once I get my normal computer back.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-11-16 at 11:44 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Okay, let me dig up my REAL Ikari pic(s) and make something. Once I get my normal computer back.
    =P

I meant the character, not what I look like. Go for it, though! =3

26. - Top - End - #206

=P

I meant the character, not what I look like. Go for it, though! =3
    I didn't know there were pictures of the character. Sorry, my mistake. * shuffles away *
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #207
    Bugbear in the Playground

Finally, FINALLY done with the Moby **** unit. I had the test earlier today.

This week is brimming with all sorts of work for me. Preparations for the con is most of it, plus I have two more tests this week. I completed my Philosophy essay almost a week early just so I had one less thing to do this week.

Luckily, this will all pay off this weekend with Daisho Con. One of my favorite voice actors is going to be a guest.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2009-11-16 at 11:54 PM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

I know the context for this is something completely different, but so help me, I can't not picture a cobra with shining glasses and inexplicable arms with gloved hands intertwined right under his snout.

I've never even seen NGE.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

I know the context for this is something completely different, but so help me, I can't not picture a cobra with shining glasses and inexplicable arms with gloved hands intertwined right under his snout.

I've never even seen NGE.
    To be fair, every time I think of the name "Cobra Ikari", I think of the old Arcade game "Ikari Warriors", or Cobra Commander.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

NGE, Cobra Commander, and Ikari Warriors. That's what everyone always thinks. =P

I'll grab the Cobra Unit pic and link it here, one sec.

Spoiler
    Show

By my awesome best friend.