New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Reactorside Picnic (Let's Play: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat)

Soo, I've finally begun with my promised LP. The whole thing starts a few hours into the game, but never fear, nothing crucial has happened so far. For some reasons, the English patch can't be applied, and I don't know what to make of the explanation below, I'm not sure what he means when talking about extracting the gamedata folder from the rar. So for the moment you'll have to enjoy a crazy mix of Russian, German and English!

So, let's begin!

Note: I'll write as Major Dagtarev. Anything that I write in italics will be my own thought on the game.

SO here I am, in the Zone. Finally. What a strange land. Of yourse I ahve been briefed extensively, but nothing prepares you for this, not quite. The land is so quiet, so unusual calm, only disturbed by gunshots sometimes, orn the barking of these hellish dogs. But it is a lingering quiet. I do not like it here, but this isn't my job.
    I mde my way to an old ship that is the closest thing to a safe place I found so far. Filled with Stalkers, traders and bandits. Each of them has their own story, and each of them is mad, I fear, in their own special way. Some more than others. But if you go to Rome, do as the Romans do, as my mother used to say, and I've already made some friends. This is my situation so far:

Spoiler
    Show

I entered the Zone on that small plateu up north, and was advised to head straigth for that stranded ship, which I did. Luckily, I only encountered some upity pigs, which I quickly put to rest with my pistol. They freak me out, however. They don't look... right.

So I began doing jobs, something to make a living from, get some rep and make some friends. Money is very very tight in this game! It's hard to actually save anything between having to repair your things, buying supplies and new ammo.

A: A Stalker named Kardan, the local weaponsmith, said that he would gladly offer his services, had he not lost his tools. What he needs are Simple Tools (whenever I make words proper nouns, it means they are quest items), Advanced Tools, and Fine Tools. I should search for them. Somewhere in the WHOLE GOD-DAMNED ZONE. Yeah. But of course I asked around, and after a while, I found a Stalker who told me that the old sawmill is probably the best place to look for tools, but that people don't go there for... reasons.
    Well, I've got a ... pistol, so I don't care about... reasons, and headed straight for the old buildings. To my horror I discovered that the destruction of the Brain Scorcher did not do away with those Zombies, and hordes of these things had gathered around to walk around aimlessly. I put them out of their misery. They are really bad shots. Still, they give me the creeps. I've got the feeling I'm going to say that alot from now on. But my search was succesful, I found some Simple Tools. Sadly, I took the short route out of that hell-hole and ran away. Still, Kardan was happy to see me, and we celebrated. Well, HE celebrated, with MY vodka.
    Here you see one of the weakest points of CoP so far. Some animations are really no longer pretty, and this is one of the finest examples.

A few bottles later, he told me that he had parted in scorn from his old mates, and I offered him to bring his apologies to them should I ever find them. He then fell asleep, muttering drunken things. Yeah. But I think I'll hit the sawmill once again, I've only explored the smallest building so far.

B: Beard , the guy in charge around here, said that a Stalker saw some very strange lights coming from that old digging ship to the east. I should check it out. And I did, only to find it ladden with gravitational anomalies and radiation. But still, I prevailed, and got the warped, glowing steering wheel. When I exited the ship, some guy named Tuna came up to me and told me some sob story about him needing the artifact for it's healing powers. I told him to go to hell, which he didn't like very much, and his tow thugs with AKs didn't like it, too. Once more I did what I had to do, and ran the hell away, through the swamp, the hail of bullets, and the shouted curses. But I made it. And I even received a fine reward, which sadly got spent on repairs and ammunition.

C: A guy named Sultan told me that they, the bandits, are planning to raid a neighboring ship full of rookies, and asked me to join in. I said yes, but quickly told their plans to Grouse, resident lawman, who informed the rookies, so that they were prepared. I still should go with the bandits, but turn my weapon on them, which I gladly did. Scum. That earned me some friends, a few rubels, and the trust of Grouse. Sultan didn't seem to mind. Luckily, he never got word of what happend. If it wasn't forbidden to draw weapons ion the ship, I'd take him out, too.

D: Speaking of Grouse: He told me of a missing hunter, and said that he had various coordinates where he suspected him to be. The first I checked, he wasn't. But the next... Grouse told me to meet him at the abandoned antenna station, which I did. He THEN told me that this freaking building contained freaking Bloodsuckers! All right. But still, in we went, and after countles deaths, Grouse didn't seem too eager to help me out managed to take out the two Bloodsuckers. We DID find their victims, but our hunter was not among them. God, I hate the sight of Bloodsucker victims. I really do. So, because we jumped down an elevator shaft, we had to find another way out. Which, funnily enough, lead through a LAIR OF SLEEPING BLOODSUCKERS. God, I never wanted so hard to just pull the trigger, and I never had to fight so hard to contain me. how those things twistred in their sleep, every movement making you think they'll wake up any minute. But they didn't and we managed to get out.
    Grouse had the only sensible thing to say, which was to find some poison gas and release it in their lair. That'll show them. But, funnily enough, he didn't know where to acquire some, but Uhu did. Because he was in no way endangered by a horde of Bloodsuckers, he offered me the information for the bargain price of 2000 rubels. Yeah. But what could I do, so he told me that there was a military convoy stuck on the bridge south, which transported the gas. Thanks, sucker. That would be E.

Ive done some smaller quests, too, but this is more or less the current state of affairs. There are still plenty of quests open, which Ill tell you about when they get important.
    Soo, time for a little compairing! Whats new, what has changed?

1. There are almost no Anomalies across the country, they now are gathered around special, handcrafted spots, like the abandoned ship where I found the prot/anomaly, or a scorched farm
    2. Important people will now be displayed on the minimap, like people who cant repair, are traders, etc...
    3. Zou can now repair and upgrade your weapons and armor!
    4. Gasmask and suit are now to separate items.
    5. Blowouts are now a regular event, and will kill zou if zou dont find shelter undeground or inside fully enclosed buildings. Ill try to get a picture.
    6. There are some new dangers, and the ability to protect yourself against them, like psy/emmison and poisonous gas.
    7. Drugs that can boost your protection or your carrying capacity

So, thats it so far, now, you decide! Where to go! Should I get the gas and show those Bloodsuckers? Should I investigate the sawmill a little more? Or should I do anz of the other quests, which mostly involve killing or finding dudes? Or should I see that I do my real objective, which is to look for the downed helicopters (see 1 on the map)? YOU DECIDE!

Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Reactorside Picnic (Let's Play: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat)

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    Soo, I've finally begun with my promised LP. The whole thing starts a few hours into the game, but never fear, nothing crucial has happened so far. For some reasons, the English patch can't be applied, and I don't know what to make of the explanation below, I'm not sure what he means when talking about extracting the gamedata folder from the rar. So for the moment you'll have to enjoy a crazy mix of Russian, German and English!
    I suspect he means you need to use winRAR to extract the gamedata folder from the RAR archive that you downloaded.

Sounds cool, looks fabulous. I'd suggest going after the bloodsuckers, if for no other reason than I want to see how they look in the new game.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

I say gas the suckers (hah, get it? ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, gas the bloodsuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Echoed, but I would like a few shots of combat.

Almost feels like you never left the safety of headquarters as is.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Here comes the next part! See as our brave soldier explores a silent forest station, sneaks into a mercenary camp and makes a daring escape, and finds the crate with the poison gas and an ugly surprise! See also: Mystery with Grouse, or The Blood is the Life!

What you won't see, and I'm sorry for that, is actual combat. SO far, I only shot a few bandits once, and not much else, aside from boars and the occasional snork. It's disapointing for me, too, but everything that you can shoot is either way too powerful, numerous, or boring (like the Zombies) Nonetheless, I'll try to get something in my sights from now on.

Spoiler
    Show
    I decided to find the gas, and get those Bloodsuckers out of the way. Sleeping and knowing that these creatures live. Uhu said, the chest should be on the brigde to the south, so let's head there.

When I got closer, it however, I saw that he forgot to mention the anomalies "guarding" the brigde. Yeah. But I had to get there, what can I do?

Gladly, I had learned some tricks from the other Stalkers, like tossing a small screw to see where anomalies are that can't be detected by my detector (the device in the left hand, normaly it would show the location of anomalies as three green bars on the circle) Still, navigating the bridge was tough, and a few times I feared for my life when I felt the sucking of the Vortices. Luckily, nothing but a few bruises.
    I managed to get to the truck, and even found some supplies in an abandoned jeep, but much to my dismay, the chest was locked. By two keys. The one time the military decides to be thorough, it has to be my objective. Looks like I'll have to look for the keys, or for Grouse. He is said to be a master with locks.

Well, now that I'm here, let's go check out that mercenary camp in the old sewage plant that Uhu mentioned. All he wants is information.

Sounds easy. But sneaking was never my strength (this is true for me, too). Sadly, it has to be now, I am one, they are, about 10? Bad match.
    The first guards were easily avoided, and below their building I should be safe and unseen. Let's see where this gets me.
    A-ha! Luck is on my side, for now.
    I'm in the first floor, and two floors above me is the laptop. I hope it goes as smooth as it has so far.
    But, no, it doesn't. (I'll spare you the countless failed attempts at sneaking up, the countless reloads. I found that I couldn't even stealth-kill one of them without the whole base noticing, and I finally lost my patience, ran up there (they would tolerate me for a few seconds), grabbed the info and run the hell away. Do you see a pattern here?)
    Somehow, I managed to escape without ONE of the even glancing me. I guess I must be lucky. Or not, because the moment I was out of reach of the mercs, a blowout started. And I was in the middle of nowhere. Only an old ship as my hideout. It'll have to do.
    (Normally, I would ahve hidden somewhere safe, but for you, I braved the storm and shot those fancy pictures from my shelter.)
    It begins with weird weather, wind blowing, picking up the leaves. A strange light. Then everything gets brighter, the sky begins to thunder and flash.
    I finally turns red, and lighting and terrible winds tear the world asunder. Whil I hid, I actually heard two victims who were too late. I prayed for their poor souls. THe Zone has claimed another two lives.
    Back to Uhu. Gues what he paid me: 2000 rubels! 2000! If I ever find him out of the ship, I'm going to beat that smug grin out of him, I swear. Bastard.
    With nothing better to do, and Grouse still out and about, I decided to explore the sawmill again, and see if I can find more tools.

Sadly, safe for a few stray Zombies, it was empty. (Here's something I dislike about Stalker. It sometimes makes the game world look bigger than it is by planting giant buildings with texture doors that can't be opened. So a station with four buildings might only have one or two that can actually be explored.)
    I decided to investigate the Bloodsucker lair again, and see if I can find Grouse there to talk to him about the missing hunter and the gas. Funnily enough, just when I get there, I get a message from him, saying to meet me back at the headquarter. Finally. (the game seems to be one of the few games where later actually means later, not "after you have finished a trigger mission" or "the next time you talk to me". I find this highly irritating, but cool and consistent at the same time.) Back in the ship, Beard informs me that Grouse went to the old dock cranes, and I should meet him there. All right.
    Just that he isn't there! (But the minimap says he must be, so our intrepid Major decides to investigate!) Well, none of the guys on the dock says anything, so I'll look into the only real building around here, an old shack (whose door was locked earlier, and whose porch sports a suprprising spot of blood!). In there, I found madness. Grouse on a table, drained of all blood. Before him, a freak with his m,outh and clothes soaked in blood! Somehow, he says he has expected me, that one day he knew somebody would find out. Tells me he's addicted to heamoglobine, and went to the Zone, hoping that the rough environment would distract him. It didn't.
    And having finished his confession, he pulls pout his gun and finishes himself. I... I really don't know what to say here. Grouse was, for the short time I knew him, compassionate, caring and concerned. He wanted to do things right, and were other Stalkers would have abandoned the lost hunter the moment he didn't return to camp, Grouse investigated. And this was what killed him.
    At least Beard is grateful, and rewards me with the coordinates of two hidden stashes and 10000 rubels. That's something, though it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The Stalkers however, now respect me, and repsect can be worth more than money here.

It also awards me an achievement, called "Detective". The Stalkers will now leave medical supplies in my personal chest in the headquarters at certain intervals. Nice, and I really like that you can buld up a reputation, but don't have too. After all, I could have gone straight for my main objectives. By the way, that's a really nice picture of a Bloodsucker, as the strongst mutant I've defeated so far. It does them justice. Those eyes in the darkness...
    One of the hidden objects is a sniper rifle! At last! I suffered severe burns, because some idiot decided that the attic of an old farm filled with burner anomalies and searing heat was a good place to hide things, but a sniper rifle definitely improves my chances of survival. Maybe now I'll be able to take on enemies without being pumped full of lead in a matter of seconds.

I'm really at a loss for what to do now. I guess I'll take a look at the choppers, shall I?

My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

I guess go for the helicopters, yeah. I'm curious as to whether it's possible to get the chest with the gas open, but I suppose that'll have to wait.
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sure it is, and I'm anxious to open it, as I guess it will gain me another achievement. and, safe those poor people, yeah. Saving people is what it's all about,. Not money. No.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Bumpification!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry to keep you waiting, been a little busy lately. Prepare for the next part, coming today. In this part, we may or may not find a Stalker named Magpie, we may or may not get shot by helpful lunatics,and we may or may not find the keys to the gas for the Bloodsuckers! By the way, if you see anything you like or dislike in my LP, let me know. And should you ever see something on a screenshot, and you would like to explore it, tell me. I'll be your tourist guide. IN HELL.

EDIT: Here we go! Great things have transpired, and I'm going to let you know! Behold!

Spoiler
    Show
    First, I decided to check the bridge again, or rather, under the brifge. Maybe we find something. And I am rewarded!

That's it for now, seems like I've got a whole lot of work in front of me.

But that's not the end of all! Looking around, I find a crashed car, containing some orders and a key labeled B. The orders say that somebody named K.S.Wlasow, Lieutnant Colonel, kept key B. So that must be what's left of his car. Colonel P.P. Slawin, driving at the end of the convoy, has key A. Yes!
    Once again I make my way across the bridge,

get the second key, and open Pandora's Box
    Those Bloodsuckers are going to pay.
    Back through the beginning night, to the Bloodsucker lair, 10 kilo of gas in tow.
    Mutants are more active at night, but I can't wait. First I help two Stalkers fend of two Zombies,
    , then encounter some more.
    . (This picture hides one Zombie. Can you spot him? All entries go to [email protected]. Stalkers, Zombies, Mutants and military spies are exempt.)

One of the most disturbing things those Zombies do, besides being, well, brainless, is that they sometimes simply refuse to die, thrashing about on the floor, and even getting up after a while. I take him out, and it's probably merciful, too. God...

More mutants!

And here's the lair. Why did I come here at night again? Just keep your nerves, and do waht is necessary. You'll be out of here soon. It's just that with those antennas pointing into the nightsky, and the wind howling in the trees... it'll take a dead man to not jump at shadows. Not that there aren't any walking dead around...
    Oh, speaking of being attacked

First, four Flesh come charging at me. Some serious beating of meat ensues.

A boar for good measure.

And some dogs. (Not displayed) I decide to take this as a good omen, because, honetly, I can't USE a bad one. Let's do this.
    First we connect the tank to the ventilation.

Than we open the valve.

And than we let the poison do it's evil work. That should finish them.
    But then I hear a roar. Footsteps, several. Oh god!

I'm not alone...

I prepare for them, getting out my shotgun. even if I'll die now, I'll die in the knowledge that the two who escaped will be the only two.
    But (after copious amounts of reloading) I prevail. My heart calms. <It is done.
    I really apologize here. It is very ahrd to take a picture of something that is visible only when slashing at you, and the darkness doesn't help. They also have the ability to grab you and suck for a while, something that made me shiver at my PC (complete with sucking sounds), but you don't see much of it on a screenshot, as our hero just stares into the sky and whimpers.
    The lair of the monsters lies calm now, and all that is left for me is to return to Beard and tell of my success.
    On my way home, I encounter some more dogs, but luckily they pass me by.

I'm not sure if it is visible here, but the pseudodogs have eyes that flash whit, a sight that is most unsettling in the darkness, especially when accompanied by barks and the sound of paws coming towards you.
    Back home I take a well deserved rest (You can see a part of the reward here, a detector of the newest kind, which I'll put to good use later)
    And spend some of the money on improvements, repairs and ammuniton.
    Ah, a bright new day! I have slept well, and am ready for new adventures. Today, I'm going to investigate one of the crashsites, and put my dtector to good use finding artifacts. I need some money.

Some more Zombies in my way. Thse guys can't aim to save their life, and ahve the senses of a rock.

I take them out quickly.

And here's the home of some guy named Noah. Stalkers say, he has found a way to acces the platue Stingray 3 crashed on. Judging from his ship, he's also either a friend of modern art, or mad. Not that those two would be in any way exlcusive to each other.
    Knocking on his door, and being greated by curses and a shotgun round, i decide he's the latter. And when he talks about how a tide of mutants and blowouts will ravage the land, and only he in his ship will survive, I decide that my suspicion was right.
    At least he and his dog make a lovely pair. It seems that madness attracts certain kind of specimen. But look, they are a lovely family.

But before I go, let's go anomaly hunting!

Just a few metres away from Noahs ark (as he calls it) I find the anomaly named scar, though I really can't imagine why they named it so. Carefully scouting around the chasm, my detector finds an artifact down there, and I decide to go in! It seems that it wasn't the heat that made the air above the scar like that, but some sort of psy emission. Having just reinforced my gasmask with a special emtal ring against psy emissions, i decide to take the risk. Quickly in there, grab the artifact, and get out! I feel woozy now, but nothing has happened (really, nothing did happen, although the psy-warning was yellow. Either I'mm well protected (which I don't believe, or psy-radiation takes effect only when above a certain treshold)
    The artifact, called lightning, protects me from electricity, but depoits radiation in my body. Sell it. (I have the feeling that nearly all artifacts who cause radiation suck mightily. Radiation really kills, and collects fast.)

After the successful foray into this anomaly, let's head to the old gass tation. Beard told me of a stash there, and I want to see what I find in the claw anomaly just next to it.
    Here are the goods,

but just as I emerge from unde the rocks, a blowout begins. And, much to my dismay, I find that the next safe hiding place is down in the chasm wher i rescued a metal chest from snorks. Yeah. But it beats being roasted alive.
    So, down the rabbit hole I go...

... and, after fighting my way out of it again, I stand next to the claw anomaly, from which i bring two stoneflowers and a dose of radiation. There is progress.
    But enough with the fooling around, time to think of the real reason why I'm here.

Noah, by the way, reveals that to get on to the plateau, you have to jump into an anomaly. I wonder how he discovered this? Genius and madmen...
    The chopper seems to have been overrun by snorks, the onboard computer says that it suffered a failure of both engins, and reveals three locations marked for evacuation. I'll visit them soon.
    Sadly, three of my comrades never reached any of these points

On my way back to the Sadowsk (the headquarter-ship), I stumble upon a last anomaly, called the circle.

Again, I run in, grab what I can, and try not to get too scorched.

Last edited by GolemsVoice; 2009-11-23 at 10:12 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

New part is up, and more will follow either today or tomorrow. Stay tuned!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

And there's more! Many exciting things happen this time, from the introduction of a new area to fast-paced, thrilling mutant hunting! Terrible fights through abandoned tunnels, amazing anomalies, fascinating artifacts, and deadly weapons!

Spoiler
    Show
    After I had managed to find the first helicopter, it was time to look for the sites marked as evacuation points. The first one was the Skadowsk, but no one had seen any military there. I hadn't thought so, too. Since the other two points lay closer to Pripyat, and I would ahve to get a guide to get there, I decided to wrap up what I had to do here.

Looking for the helicopter that crashed in the electrical facilities seemed like a good idea, as the other helicopter in this part of the Zone was surrounded by vapors of poisonous gas, and I wanted to at least get upgrades for my mask before I ruin my lungs for my country.
    I pick up a few artifacts from an anomaly on my way

and then head straight for the second crash site.

Seems innocent enough, but if my days in the Zone ahve taught me anything, it's to be wary of everything. And I was right. As soon as I notice the electrical disturbance floating through the air, and I hear the first objects crashing behind me, I know that this must be a poltergeist.

It is, however, not as dangerous as I had thought, once you learn to dodge and take cover. Luckily, despite it's somewhat intangible nature, bullets till bring it down, and after a few bursts, all is quiet again. Time to investigate the aircraft. The bodies of my comrades told me to keep my expectations low, and indeed. It seems that the crew died in flight, since the helicopter itself, or rather the onboard computer, lists no damage prior to the crash. Strange, but maybe they fell victim to the poltergeist. I wonder if it is some kind of sentient anomaly, or a being. I guess the latter, since it can be "killed". God, this must be a scientist's nightmare and paradise at once. Aside from a detailed map of the surroundings, which might be valuable to Pilot, the local guide, I find little of interest, but it can't hurt to look around.

By the way, I have a sort of awe and fear of those relics of technology, especially when they are big and bulky, and not sleak and streamlined or polished like most modern devices. I can't really explain this, but I sometimes have the feeling that those abandoned machines house a more primal power and spirit than our miniaturized technology of today. Hard to explain, really, but it adds something unique to the Stalker games. The land seems more... raw. But I disgress.

Inside a small building, I find a stash containing a few rounds and a pistol called "Black Kite", which, a comrade told me once, is THE pistol. Better keep it, I think it is mainly used for hunting big game. Plenty of those around here, but my trusty Pmm, that I got for excellent work still suits me better.
    Sadly, my knowledge of weapons is barely enough to recognize popular models when I see them, and a few basic things about shooting things. The text says that this pistol is the thing to get, but it's damage output and accuracy speak for itself, I think.
    Below the house, a heavy door awaits me, and a keypad. Sadly, I don't know the key, so this mystery has to wait.

I really really loved the parts of the original Stalker that took place in underground labs and complexes. It's the same feeling of abandoned, archaic technology that somehow becomes more than just a tool.

By the way, that's behind the crash site. I managed to get around the wall, but the game doesn't let me go any further. The good Major will have to stay out, I fear. Zone: I - daring explorer: 0
    Back to the Skadowsk. Artifact selling, armor and weapon repairs, so on. Pilot is indeed very interested in my map, and offers me to lead me the the Janow station for just 1000 rubel, instead of the usual 3000. That's a deal!
    So I arrive in Janow. The station seems to be divided in the Freedom and the Duty fraction, with the free stalkers literaly in between. But I quickly learn that in here, a strange agreement was made to not shoot each other. What refuge of civilisation amidst the horrors of the Zone.

This part of the Zone is clearly the more dangerous one, and so, the Stalkers that sir around here and tell of their heroics are a different breed, much more experienced than the rookies that hang around the Skadowsk.

A guy named Wano has serious problems. He indebted himself so much, that he had to sell his weapon and armor to raise money. However, now that he HAS the money, he can't go out to deliver it, since walking around without wepon and armor in the Zone is the second dumbest idea around here.
    I agree to deliver it for him to the Bandits.
    Speaking of Bandits...

Grizzly tells me of how the Bandits have begun to extort money from scavenging Stalkers, and even kidnapped one who failed to pay. Now, Grizzly and his mate discuss what to do. Grizzly wants to free the hostage with violence, while Torba, his friend, wants to give tham an artifact as payment for the hostage. I get to decide.
    That means, YOU get to decide! I have three options:
    1) Agree to hand over the artifact, saying that it's too dangerous with a hostage
    2) Say that this demands violence, and agree to storm the camp
    or 3) tell them that their discussing will get them nowehere. and that I'm going to do this my way. Whatever my way would be, we'll see about that.
    Choose one! Oh, the participation!
    (and, yes, I'm fully aware that you won't get much out of the conversation in the screenshot, I included it just for completeness' sake

Here's Nitro, resident technician. Well, guess what. He doesn't have any tools! Oh brilliant. Now, I'm well aware that you can't haul your entire workshop in the Zone, but how can you be a tinker without tools? Guess I'll have to get them. Again. But Nitro tells me that he has a second hobby, tinkering with radios and receivers (good luck without tools, idiot), but lacks any parts, since they are rare and nobody bothers with them, since there's no money in it (is there ANYHTING this guy can do on his own? Calm down, Degtyarev...). Apparently, however, parts can be found in the old concrete factory, that used to produce electronic devices before the accident.
    I promise him to look around, and he seems genuinely grateful. I'm a sucker for a guy and his devotion, I really am.
    But first, a strange old man asks me if I can lead him somwhere. He says that he don't want to bother his Freedom friends, and his repeated emphasis on the short duration of the trip and how easy it will be make me suspicious. But I decide to go with him. Friends and trust can really help you here.
    So, before long, I find myself marching behind him through the night.

The Zombie-filled night.

Yeah. But Uncle Jar, as he calls himself, seems to really not care, and the Zombies seem to do likewise, so what the hell. I follow him up into the attic of an old building, where he suddenly reveals that he is here to set an ambush for a group of mercenaries that in turn have ambushed him before. And I'm supposed to help him. Since really noone likes Mercs, I guess it's safe, and after all, they won't know what hit them, and they won't tell, will they?

This battle, if it can be called such, was one of the most atmospheric fights I ever had. Sadly, it was also one of the most inefficient fights I ever had. The above image sums up most of what I saw through my scopes, and I vowed to get night vision as soon as I can. Sometimes, wepon fire lit the night, and sometimes it was split by a flash of lighnting, and I managed ton get a few shots into the general direction of my enemies.
    Luckily, Uncle Jar had better luck with his rifle, and managed to get his revenge and reward me. Let's get out of here.

Next is Trapper, ex-hunter and now distributor of jobs to new hunters. He tells me that Stalkers drove away some Bloodsuckers that retreated into the nearby swamp, and I'm to make sure they never get out of it. When I tell him I've already taken out one of their nests, he's impressed. Ok. Time to get things done!
    Luckily, the cement factory and the swamp lie next to each other, so I decide to hit the factory first. I make my approach under the cover of night, but find that aside from a few Zombies, the facotry in unguarded.

Before I can begin any scavenging, however, i'm surprised by a Blowout. The factory proves to have ample shelter, So I wait and watch. Sadly, Zombies are immune to whatever goes on when the sky opens the gates to hell.

The stairs are no good anymore

so I have to find another way in.

Up a nearby silo, and across some stairs on top of the main building.

From there, I proceed to search the building downwards

Almost getting bruned by those acidic plants or whatever those are

almost getting burned by an anomaly I really should have seen

but prevailing in the end.
    While looking around in the underground, Is tumble upon a few small mutants called hamsters for theri size, and a strange symbol.

This symbol seems to mark no special spot, but it intrigues me nonetheless. I'll have to keep that in mind.
    Next is Bloodsucker hunting. I climb atop the huge silo and get out my scoped rifle. For this occasion, I skip the trumpet-blowing and go straight for the shooting.

Sadly, my training with these kind of rifles was less than optimal, and my ten shots are gone really fast. I'll have to do this the old-fashioned way. Walter, fetch me the shotgun, I feel like some excitement.
    And excitement I did have.

I approach the are where they have been seen, my shotgun ready.

I wrestle with the beasts, and one nearly magaes to suck me dry, but in the end

human tenacity triumphs over bestial aggression.
    Both Trapper and Nitro are really happy. Trapper has the next mission ready. A group of Stalkers encountered some really strange and frightening mutants (it's both shocking and reassuring how fast the strange can become the ordinary. Most creatures here would be deemed horrors by the outside world, yet the Stalkers have adapted, and this is their normal now)
    and the whole camp is worried. 5000 rubels are offerd to the man who manages to kill them. That's me!

I approach the old trainyard, wepon ready.
    Apparently, those mutants are some sort of dwarves.

Dwarves capable of lifting tanks and crates and throwing them at you, as well as sucking out your stamina and forcing your weapon out of your hand. I can understand how the people are frightened.

These beats are as resilient as they are ugly, and can withstand severe punishment. I empty half a dozen magazines on them, and finally they die.

Man, they ARE ugly. Then again, the things of beauty in the Zone can be counted on one hand. A non-mutated, five-fingered hand, that is.
    Again, Trapper is very pleased. With nothing to do around here, I head for the evacuation site in the abandoned air-defense base.
    Guess who's there to great me? If you guessed Zombies, that's correct!

These things are little more than target practice (great for practicing your headshot skills, or testing how bullets fly!) and are easily taken out.

But the bulding is empty, so I'll ahve to take a look at the remaining base.

Speaking of that, there's a whole lot ofn goodies behind these bars. If only I could get to them. Man, a RPG. Hmm...

The only unexplored part is the underground bunkers, so that's where I'll go.
    Some more hamsters

asking for grenades

some crouching

and another one of these short freaks. This time, I have the first draw, and he gets a grenade-and-bullets-shaped surprise. Sadly, he didn't take it well.

Through a key coded door (upstairs, I found the notes of the soldier who came here, saying he waited two days and then left, I got told by other Stalkers that the scientist's pathfinder picked him up. The note also told me the key to the door)

and open Sesame!

Sorry you guys, gotta go!
    After dumping or selling my newfound goods, I head out for the mobile lab. Nothing really exciting here. The soldier acknowledges the note, but refuses to say any more, because it's secret (there was never the option to tell him about whpo you really are, a thing that annoyed me. After all, this is the first survivor I encounter. But no)
    Gari, the tracker, tells me that he wants to leave, but has to remain with the scientists until he has found two artifacts that he can't get. I promise him to let him know should I ever stumble upon them.
    A scientist tells me of a Stalker legend, of a place called Oasis. According to the talk, this place is able to heal all wounds and remove fatigue, but nobody has ever seen it, only (claimed) to dream of it. Should I ever stumble upon the place (like hell) I should let him know.

While making my way back to janow, Trappers contacts me. He says that Stalkers have found the tracks of a chimera. Apparently, it has it's hunting grounds near a series of old vents. It is the chimera that killed his old friend Fox (I've read of him when I was briefed on the whole Strelok-business, a shame he's dead), and so he offers 10000rubels to the one that slays this beast. Around nightfall, I should wait near the vents till it comes out to feed.
    Allright...
    On my way, I encounter the strange symbol again, this time in a ptach of electrical anomalies on an abandoned parking lot. Hmm.

I arrive, and make camp where I can oversee the are nicely. Now, all I have to do is wait.

It appears all right, but whenever I shoot it from above (I think it can not access this position) it disappears into the night. Damn. So, once again I'll have to do this face to face. Damn.

The fight is really taxing. The chimera is fast, strong, and deadly. It can jump 10 metres easily, and is able to land a terrible blow out of the air.

It also has a hide tough enough to absorb the contents of several magazines.

Alas, even that was not enough, and in the end. The beast lies to my feet, killed by my hands. I feel proud.
    On my way home, I see a strange light coming from within an abandoned train.

This must be the train one of the Stalkers talked about. A "hunch" told him that I could find tools in ther. And he is right.
    Returning to the Janow station, Trapper and Nitro are again very grateful. Trapper's so relieved that he even gives me his trusted shotgun along with the 10000 rubel. A true hunter's weapon. With this deed, I have earned the respect of the Stalkers.

I am now not only Detective, but Monster Hunter as well, meaning that Stalkers will regularly deposit ammunition in my stash at the Janow station.
    Finally, I return to the Skadowsk. I have now more than 55000 rubels, and it's time to get that little extra. Nibmle says he can get me a fine stalker suit for "just" 40000 rubel, and I pay him. Now I only have to wait for the delivery. It's about time I get a new suit, and all the Stalkers say that Nimble alway manages to get the best.

So, now it's time for you. Decide whether to kill or negotiate, or do "my thing". Should I roam about the Zone some more, visiting anomalies and opening stashes (look, mommy, I'm a real Stalker now!) or focus on the main plot?
    Also, does anyone know a free an reliable program for making ingame videos?

13. - Top - End - #13

I say shoot them all and take their stuff. I bet if you went with the artifact, they'd make you find one first and then the bandits would shoot you anyway.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Violence, eh? It'll be fun to actually test my skill against human opponents.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

Kill 'em all. It's not like they won't attack you if you pay them. They are bandits after all.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Good. I'll give surlyseraph time until tomorrow morning. Now I've got three people following my thread, yeah!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

The last two updates have been amazing. 10 rubles says the Duty-Freedom truce breaks.
    Also, Nitro looks an awful lot like Vladimir Putin, doesn't he?
    Also, the sky is incredibly beautiful. Even compared to how well-done it was in the first two games.

I vote for violence, because it's always the best solution. Despite my best efforts to seek peace, my games always deteroriated into "Repetitive bandit genocide" at some point, where I'd clear them all out and they'd respawn several times because I just got so annoyed of seeing them all the time.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Also, Nitro looks an awful lot like Vladimir Putin, doesn't he?
    I was just thinking in the same thing...In Soviet Russia, Premier stalks YOU

I vote for killing them with fire. Cut out the middleman and save yourself an artifact hunt.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

So violence it is. You guys sure know what you want. I won't get tpo play much today, but I'll see what I can do the next days. Sadly, my vacation time is running out, updates my get rarer.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Newest part, in which a lot of violence happens, at all times of the day and the night, but especially in the night. ALso, new suits get examined and put to the test, and shocking secrets and tantalizing hints get exposed!

Spoiler
    Show
    Time to examine my new suit! I felt kind of weird buying something solely on the promise of another man, but I guess I can trust Nimble with this.

And my trust turned out to be 100% justified. An old Clear Sky suit, this thing will protect me well, and comes with a helmet, that, amusingly, is laid out for a squad commander that is backed by a military operation and can receive data and radio updates directly to his helmet. So, the full opposite of what I am.
    After I finished unpacking my early (and 40000 rubel) Chrismtas gift, I ask Kardan to build in additional protection and the usual gadgets. To my astonishment, I learn that both the helmet and the armor can be outfitted with systems that help my physical fitness, thus making me able to run longer and recover faster. The technology of the future, indeed. Bought.
    So, back to Jupiter (the first part is called Zaton, the second is called Jupiter), and let's have a look at the bandits that Wano owes money.
    I was hoping that it was the same bandit camp as the one in which the hostage is held, and that I could gain some information about the layout and the strength of numbers, but apparently there is more than one bandit camp around her.

Not that this isn't well populated.
    I make my way to the bandit's leader, Jack, and find that he is an arrogant jerk.

Instead of taking Wanos 5000 and being happy, he says something of interest rates and that it is now 7000. I would have been willing to pay the 5000, Wano has only himself to blame for making business with such shady characters, but this is enpugh. Even when I threaten him, he only laughs. "Who do I want to shoot with my toy gun?" he asks. Simple answer. Him.
    So I whip out my gun, and in a quick burst of automaitc fire, I kill his bodyguard first, and then him. Headshot time. Reminds me of my time in the force.

After that, it's only a matter of enough bullets and grenades.

For people who make ntheir living robbing Stalkers at gunpoint and extorting protection money, thay are sure lousy in a fight. Their last mistake.

Wano is very happy and tells me to keep the 5000. Fine with me.

When I just wanted to exit Janow station, I overhear this fat creep Flint bragging about how he made a detailed map of the safest and fastest rout between Zaton and Jupiter, and how he eradicated a whole nest of Bloodsuckers back in Zaton with only his shotgun. I confront him, but he just calls me envious and tells me to get out. I'll have to think of something, since I can't hurt him as long as he stays here. You just wait.
    I ask around, and one of the Stalkers tells me that in his opinion, the best place to look for tools would be the Jupiter complex. He also says that the complex is "scary" What isn't? Let's go!

But first, some artifact hunting in an anomaly next to Jupiter, filled with those fire traps. Luckily, they are easy to avoid.
    Than there's the conrete bath anomaly, just a few hundred metres further. It seems that some guest are already getting ready for a bath, but I interrupt them.

Something gives me the feeling that I shouldn't fall into the green liquid. Maybe it's the constant hissing of acid, or the beeping of my scanner. So it's time to jump. A good thing that my arnmor is very flexible.

A few hops later, and I'm the proud owner of a Soul artifact, which will fetch some price back at the station.
    But a man, they say, has to fight for what's his.
    First a horde of Flesh guided by a boar.

Then some bandit target practice for my sniper rifle.

Then a swarm of hamsters coming out of Jupiter. Reminds me of how they said that moments before the first blast at Chernobyl NPP, all the rats and other vermin left the place, frantically trying to get away. Creepy. But not a real threat.

And finally, because everybody loves me, some mutant dogs and a FREAKING Bloodsucker. Both taste shotgun. Man, THAT was strange.

But let's head to my real objective here.

Through the dawning night, I approach Jupiter complex, looming in the gathering darkness like only derelict buildings can.
    Some more dogs try to show me that radioactive evolution is the thing to come, but my armour proves to be almost unpenetrable. For teeth, that is.

Maybe it's better to start with the smaller building first.

Night has now fallen, and I am left with the pitch black corridors. Look around!
    I don't find any tools, but instead I find a list of orders saying that the scientific personel is to be moved into underground bunkers with all their equipment. It doesn't mention where, sadly.
    In another room, I find another document that also tells of secret labs and secret projects. This must have been a very important research facility once.
    As it turns out, a bunch of mercenaries have been following me, and something tells me they are not to pleased about me discovering the documents. The leader telling me I should have never come here might be a reason. Also, I hear the heavey footsteps of an exoskeleton. This is going to be tough.

I get the first one when he sticks his head through the door. Fool.
    The second one falls victim to my headshots. Take THAT, powered armor.

5 to go.

Here goes number three.

And four. The rest must be downstairs.
    Those fools never see me in the darkness, and a grenade amidst them proves their undoing.
    Their leader, Black, has a PDA containing interesting data. He tells his men to "guard" the mobile lab here in Jupiter and make sure the scientists never discover how to handle X-objects. Thinmgs just keep getting more mysterious, but I bet that whatever those X-objects are, they have something to do with the research from Jupiter complex.
    But now it is almost time to meet with my friends and assault the bandit camp. Somehow (and I really don't want to know how) Grizzly got a team of ex-police Stalkers (if they knew) and I am to meet them at 0100 in the night near the old container yard.

Nightvision has already paid more than full. The camp is swarming with bandits, and all in all, we are jsut five men. I hope they are as good as they have to be for this.

I wait for them near the car (but not too close, apparently the Ukrainians used the same cars used in Fallout 3, as most of them radiate furiously)

Here's a picture I took because somebody mentioned the beauty of the sky. Even under nightvision, the starlit skies have a strange beauty.

The troops arrive, and after taking out the guard, we assault the camp through rain, lightning and darkness.

Sadly, the enemies seem to be able to ignore bushes more or less, while I can see next to nothing.

I use the lightning to take aim, and the next lightning to see if anyone still stands.
    And before long, the corpses of the bandits litter the floor. This reminds me of my days in the force. Especially of the midnight crackdowns we used to train and execute. Never thought I could use the experience in a place like this.

A few more bodies, and I stand beofre the captor himself. Guess it's jsut not my night. He starts the old "one step closer"-speech, but a couple of rounds quickly silence him. Loser. It pays to be quick on the draw.

Together with Mitaj, the hostage, I make my way out of here. I never saw any of the other members of my team again, so i fear they bit the bullet. I feel somewhat sorry for them, as they were good men. But this is the Zone, after all. I hope somebody finds the bodies and gives them a proper burial, like those eerie crosses adorned with gasm masks that you sometimes find in the wilderness.

After collecting my reward (a few stash coordinates and 5000 rubel), it's time to let the eggheads know of the danger they're in. But amusingly, they tell me that the guards have vanished overnight, and I offer my help in finding trusty new ones. I also hand them the files I found in Jupiter, and even though he tells me that they contain little interestingm, he hands me a few scientific med-kits and 7000 rubel. Guess they have too much money on their hands, yes?
    I just want to elave, but Hermann holds me back. There's a job he likes me to do. They have encountered a pusing psy-field, and think that something may be causing it, and ask me to find a sample. If there is any, and if I can actually SEE it, that is. Another doctor tells me that I am very resilient and highly unlikely to become unconscious because of such a field. That's helping.

I am supposed to go and recover the sample, while Topol and his men stand guard outside the tunnel. What could go wrong?

So far, nothing. Only a few Zombies greet us with strange mumbling, but are quickly put down. I still don't fully understand the relation between Zombies and psy-emissions, but there certainly is one. I hope I won't find out the hard way.
    Topol waits outside, and I take some psy blockers, better safe than sorry. Let's get in there.

Past a locked door into a room filled with strange phenomena and electrical anomalies.

The detector shows me a nearby artifacts, maybe this is what i'm looking for.

It is indeed. Deftly I climb and sneak past the anomalies and find a warped isolator. Taken. I want out of here, my head is hurting.

But when I open the door I went past, I find Topol on his knees, clutching his head. Controller! That beast has rendered my comrades helpless. Shotgun time, freak, I'll not lose more men.

By quickly sprinting to where I hear him shambling, I manage to surprise the beast. He hits me with a fe attacks, but I hit him with shotgun shells, and I prove to be the hardest of us two.

If you wait long enough, your comrades will rise as Zombies and start to attack you. So THIS is how Zombbie is formed
    Back in the lab, Hermann thanks me, and quickly offers me another job. He thinks he can predict upcoming emissions by measuring the quaility and quantity of artifacts that appear after one. To get the data necesasry, he asks me to take three sensors and place them inside three anomalies. Combining treasure hunting with scientific research? I'm in!

Turns out your violence option was very fun! Fighting by night is almost two times as exciting as fighting by day, especially when it rains and a thunderstorm is going on, too. It is also two times as frustrating, though.
    Last edited by GolemsVoice; 2009-11-27 at 04:27 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow. Zombies actually rise from the dead now? I think I'm going to be paying extra attention to corpses when I get this.

22. - Top - End - #22

Ooh, throwing expensive equipment at anomalies!

See if you can work some back-stabbing in there somewhere, run off with these X-objects or whatever and take over the world.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. Zombies actually rise from the dead now? I think I'm going to be paying extra attention to corpses when I get this.
    They don't rise from the dead, as they are essentially not dead, just mindless. I meant that exposure to the Controller's mindscrew turns them into Zombies, and just wanted to use rise, because it was fitting. That's what Zombies do!

And I'll sure as hell want to get my hands on some X-objects, and I'm also sure that the scientists will want me to go looking for them. And I'm also sure I will find them (if they actually exis in ths game) in some mutant-infested hell hole, or a mutant free, but filled with anomalies/psy-mindbending. Or both. It never rains, it pours. And the downpour is radioactive.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

UPDATE, STALKER: Just yesterday, my hard drive containing my Windows AND my Stalker savegames decided to commit honorable suicide. I'll see what I can do, and REALLY hope that I can recover the savegames (the drive isn't totally gone, just enough that I can no longer boot from it). That means no updates as long as I have not restored the drive fully.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Bumping in case your hard drive is fixed.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

It isn't fixed, and never will. It's DEAD. DEAD! DEAD! In time I will continue this LP, but probably open a new one/drag this one up again. I'll have to play aaaaaall the way to where we left our hero. But your support is very appreciated! Thanks.
    Last edited by GolemsVoice; 2009-12-14 at 11:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

In Soviet Russia, Zone creates YOU!

We're back! Oh boy, we're back! I haven't replayed everything, but I've done enough new content by the way to warrant restarting this LP.

Once again, we're back into the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh... what's happened? Last thing I remember was exploring the Jupiter Buildings, when suddenly ... something happened, and now I'm here, my head apparently bandaged, and I feel pain. Outch. Well, luckily it's only aching, that means whatever has happened wasn't that bad. Or it has healed. Outch, moving is still painfull though. I think I'm going to rest a while.

A few days later...

So, the good people at Janow station told me about what happened. Apparently, I've fallen victim to what they call "Stalker's folly". I was so tuned for artifacts, mutants, anomalies and other dangers, that I totally forgot the most mundane danger of all: crumbling buildings. After all, those ruins haven't been maintained for about 20 years now, and they certainly weren't in the best state before. You know what they say about Soviet buildings. It seems I broke through the ceiling and fell, knocking me out cold and scratching me badly. Nothing broken, though. The luck's with those that earn it, eh? I spent a few days unconscious, but I survived, because another Stalker found me and dragged me back her. Being the hero of Janow station is good for more than just free drinks and the occasional pat on the back! I cannot imagine what would ahve happened if the mercenaries, bandits or mutants found me first. Well, I COULD imagine. It wouldn't be pretty.

But I'm all good now, so let's continue where we left. After a quick report back to the HQ (they thought I was dead, bastards), I'm now ready to continue adventuring!

That's my way of explaining the sudden break our good Major took. The quests I haven't done yet are killing the mutant dwarves and the chimera (so technically, I'm no hero of Janow station yet , explore the Controller cave, and plant the detectors, the quest I was about to do when my harddrive crashed. A few changes have happened, naturally, like a new assault rifle (neat gun, I love it) which I took from the cold dead hands of one of the Jupiter mercenaries, etc...

Here's one I missed back in Zaton, just pretend it always has happened this way.

So, Beard told me of some friends of his that are trying to spy on a bandit meeting, and asked me if I could accompany them. Not a problem! No one likes bandits!

I meet his man. We sneak in, and I witness an exchange between bandits and emrcenaries. The mercenaries are obviosuly trading good equipment for artifacts. Bastards.
    The exchange itself was a cutscene, otherwise I'd have supplied screenshots, of course
    Can't let that happen, can we? Let's stop them the old-fashioned way.

A few good rounds of white-hot lead later, both bandits and mercenaries got what they deserved, and I recover the trader's PDA. Apparently, the trader has access to Duty storage. That should interest the people back at the Skadowsk!

Now back to Jupiter!

A Stalekr told me that if you come close to the old cooling plant, you can hear radio messages asking for help. Like a Stalker trapped in an anomaly. But if you ask for coordinates, nothing happens. Spooky. Let's check that out, shall we?
    At night. Creeeeeepy time.

For now, it's Night of the Living Dead. But they are no match for my new toy. Joy.

After a few more undead, I arrive at the cooling tower. Ominously, it points skywards.

And here come the messages. A voice, obviosuly in distress, keeps calling out for something. Three messages seem to repeat themselves endlessly. "...find a way out. We're running out of...", "... we've been without water for two days, request help..." and "...trapped... can't make it much longer..."
    But even a throrough search reveals nothing, and my detectors show no anomaly that he knows of. Quite frankly, this place is giving me the creeps, I'm out of here. I have more important, not-as-frightful-things to do. Like checking out the crashsite of Stingray 1, which, amusingly, landed in a minefield. God, how I smiled! Not.
    But orders are orders.

Here we are, and once again, my trusty scre turns out to be my life-saver! A soft "thud" means "nothing but earth here", while a metallic "clank" means "death below!". Slowly, I crawl forward.

From crater to crater.

To the body of an unfortunate comrade...

And finally back on safe ground! Phew. I haven't sweated as much since I got my first girlfriend, know what I mean?
    I find two bodies and a deleted onboard computer, but luckily, the black box wasn't harmed. I'll take that to a savy technician.

Wait... what's that thundering? Sounds like... INCOMING!
    A big wave of freaking boars and flesh! And they're coming right for me! Waiiit. There's still that minefiled, yes? That should be amusing.

And it is. After that stampede, getting back is only a small problem. Only the smell of mutant bacon is somewhat distracting. He he.

Nitro, my dextrous friend, quickly cracks the black box. The message tells all other survivors to meet at a point B29. You all get to guess where it lies!

Now, playground, when will Call of Prypjat be release in the U.S.?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post

Now, playground, when will Call of Prypjat be release in the U.S.?
    Rumor places the Europe (And I guess US as well since Australia has the same release date) release at February fifth.
    Boats are like nuts, the outside is hard but the inside is usually good to eat.

And remember, things can always get worse.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay, the Picnic is back!

I'm trying to remember if there was a "B29" mentioned in one of the other games; I doubt it, but something tells me it's going to be in Pripyat.

What's that big helmet in your inventory?

Oh, and you have a SPAS shotgun and a G36 now. Looks like you're on the up-and-up!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Rumor places the Europe (And I guess US as well since Australia has the same release date) release at February fifth.
    Well, I'm German. Rumor has it it's already out . Did Finnland get the Eastern European/Russian release?

I'm trying to remember if there was a "B29" mentioned in one of the other games; I doubt it, but something tells me it's going to be in Pripyat.
    Aaand Surly Seraph is teh winnah. How could you ever guess that?

What's that big helmet in your inventory?
    Depends on what helmet you mean? The helmet I'm wearing is just your standard army helmet (with added gadgets of course) and the white scary mask (seriously, look at the EYES!) is your standard gas mask, with some extras. Helmet for combat, gas mask for Zone hazards. The big orange thing is the skull of a chimera, from which I drink.