New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Haven and Hearth

Hey, Playground People!

You may or may not have heard of the free MMO 'Haven and Hearth'. Its basic gameplay is similar to that of Wurm, as is the concept. Every action earns you Learning Points, which are spent to learn new skills. You start out in some random area (a forest, for example), and have trouble with just keeping fed. Eventually, you can create great communities, and cities, and almost anything.

Anyway, here's a link. I was wondering if we could make our own little settlement, if anyone's up for it...?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus View Post
    Plus, with the UMD check, I could just threaten to blow the world up using stonehendge.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I love how it never crosses anyone's mind that the author may know less about astronomy than they do.

I WENT TO ART SCHOOL, OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    From what you described, you were dying.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
    Brendan Gill

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Haven and Hearth

So, i'm guessing that no-one is interested in this?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus View Post
    Plus, with the UMD check, I could just threaten to blow the world up using stonehendge.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I love how it never crosses anyone's mind that the author may know less about astronomy than they do.

I WENT TO ART SCHOOL, OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    From what you described, you were dying.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
    Brendan Gill

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Haven and Hearth

There are surely people interested on that kind of game, however there's dozens if not hundreds of other free MMORPGs out there that promise more or less the same thing.

Add in that there's the fact that those games are huge time sinks to level up skills and get items and whatnot and people just don't have the time to try all of the free MMORPGs that appear.

If the link you presented had astounding 3D graphics and a community of thousands then people may be interested, but as it is it seems more like a tree in the forest of free MMORPGs that exist in the net.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-06-04 at 10:38 AM.