Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [BleachITP] Episode 32: "Terrible Secrets Revealed! The Bakkouttou War Begins"

"When my Zanpakutou was destroyed by the hands of the traitorous Shinigami Tohon Toho, I thought my days as a Substitute Shinigami were over. But all that changed when I, Shinichi Masato, met Ryuuhei Atsushi, a noble from Soul Society hiding as a teacher in the mortal world. He gave me the power of his greatest creations; the Bakkouttous, but the head of his noble family and brother sent assassins to deal with Atsushi once and for all, wrapping me and my friends further into the conflict.

Now, Atsushi has disappeared and the battle to decide the fate of the Ryuuhei family is about to begin!"

Opening Titles

As Masato continued to leap from rooftop to rooftop, they eventually left behind the various barracks and came closer and closer to the districts of noble houses some distance away. After a bit of hopping about, Masato finally came to a stop before the gates of a particularly large manor and stared deeply into his target.

He was still standing a fair distance from the actual gates, which was probably a good thing. Although there was no one visible, there was the unmistakable feeling that someone was keeping watch. Masato let his eyes scan the surroundings, but couldn't find any clues. Finally, he sighed and turned to the others.

"Alright, this is it. First things first, we need a plan. It's a big place, and we won't have long before they'll be on full-alert, so we'll have to move as quickly as possible," he explained with a bright glint of bravery in his eyes.

His hand found its way to the hilt of his Bakkouttou. "Once we break through the gates, we should split into pairs to cover as much ground as we can." Without even waiting for a response, he drew the blade and kicked up a gust of wind around the group as they continued to formulate.

"So who's coming with me?" he asked with his grin back in full-force.
    Last edited by Zarah; 2009-11-24 at 12:57 AM.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP] Episode 32: "Terrible Secrets Revealed! The Bakkouttou War Begins"

Mesuinu nods at Masato, having just caught up due to opting to conserve her strength. "I think each group should have one heavy hitter and one support combatant. You, Tyler, and... Wolfgang, was it? You three would be heavy hitters, while Ami, Metta, and myself have abilities more suited for support."

Mesuinu glances over the group appraisingly. "Ami and Tyler are an obvious pair even if we don't follow my logic, so that leaves the question of how the remaining four of us split up. I'd personally prefer to be paired with you, since I'm more familiar with your abilities as a substitute shinigami than Wolfgang's skill set."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BleachITP] Episode 32: "Terrible Secrets Revealed! The Bakkouttou War Begins"

Tyler nods.

"In a case like this, one group is bad. Should we say that, if one of us sends up a signal, we try to regroup on them, though? Just in case? And any ideas of key locations to look? I mean, is this pure extraction, or what exactly is the goal here?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #4

"Finding Atsushi is our main goal, and getting him out of here," Masato said, but he quickly stopped himself and put a hand to his chin in thought. "But then, he did say he might be able to make a proper cure for Natsuko if he could get to his workshop..."

After a moment of thought, he raised his head up and looked back to the manor. "We should keep our eyes open in case we find the workshop too. Might be able to knock out two birds with one stone."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Ami nods. "I want to go with Tyler..."

Wolfgang flashes, and is now in human form. "...That leaves me with Metta, then."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That sounds great. Tactically sound even." Metta teasingly grins over at Mesuinu.

"So, do you think we should expect an attack as soon as we step on their grass? Or will this be more of a 'move along, find a three-way split, and then run into our own fights some way down the line?"

He pauses. "Does anyone have communication devices? Or should I make some?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu nods curtly at Metta. "I think you should make some, especially if you can make them able to pinpoint relative locations. That way, if one of us finds Atsushi, we can all converge and reunite without signalling out position to hostiles."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alrighty then..." He holds out a set of watches to each member of the group.

"These will allow for communication, as well as mental indications of direction and proximity of everyone else. With a thought command, it can also immediately take you to any other member of the group...but please give me some indication before you use that function. I expect it to be pretty draining on me." His look suggests he'd rather no one use it at all if they can help it.

9. - Top - End - #9

Masato scooped up one of the watches and slipped it on his arm as he listened to Metta's explanation. Once he was finished, he gave a nod of understanding. "With any luck, we won't need it," he reassured.

"Now, the first order of business. Getting through that gate," he noted, staring at it for a moment as if in thought of a plan. However, it didn't take long for the others to realize just what he was actually doing when the air around him suddenly swirled up began to circle viciously. He swung the blade in a wide arc, causing the wind to lash out straight toward his target. The gates stood up to the attack at first, but quickly began to bend and eventually snap off their hinges. They were both flung back a fair distance and landed with a clatter, leaving the team the only opening they were going to get.

"Now or never!"

((Also: Deadtiming, but anyone is free to continue if they want. I just planned for them to enter the main courtyard and fight off some nameless assassin mooks before actually getting close to the manor and splitting up.))
    Last edited by Zarah; 2009-11-24 at 02:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ya'know...I'd chastise you for being reckless and overly destructive..."

"But that was pretty sweet."
    He quickly forms a strange looking weapon, and heads into the manor's yard.

...behind whoever goes in first.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Trying to ignore Metta's favored weapon, Mesuinu will take point, drawing her zanpaktou as she moves forward. "One group takes the front door, the other groups circle around the main building to search for alternate points of access?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler straps on the watch as he moves forward. His hand then flashes, and he has his mask donned.

"Ami and I will go right."

And he leads that particular pair in just that direction, his eyes scanning back and forth for incoming enemies.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-11-24 at 11:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

A figure is jumping over the rooftops, dressed in a black Shinigami outfit.

She's heading towards the rest of the gang.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-11-24 at 08:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14

With a leap to the front of the group, Masato added, "Then I've got the front door."

As soon as his feet landed on the ground, a gust of wind whirled about around him. Just as he was charging up to break through the doors, they slammed open themselves, spilling out countless numbers of assassins in black bodysuits, each brandishing similar blades.

"So much for the element of surprise," he noted in a flat tone before jumping straight into the group and beginning to carve a path through, being careful to avoid actually killing anyone.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler grins under his mask and begins laying into the oncoming horde.

Using fists makes it easier not to kill people, but there sure are lots of assassins flying into the air. Most seem to be unconscious as soon as they're airborne.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

The figure flashes through the crowd of ninja mooks, not seeming to use any weapons, and dodging in and out, seeming picking her moments.

Hi, guys.

Natsuko flashes out of the crowd again.

Just so I know, we allowed to go for the kill, or just incapacitate?

Because if just incapacitate...

She's wearing a Shinigami outfit, and draws out several Silver Tubes, as well as some round spheres.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-11-24 at 11:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #17

Masato's eyes turned into dinner plates open seeing the girl flash by. Too dumbstruck to talk at first, he simply stood in place and stared off with a blank expression before nearly getting himself stabbed and throwing himself back to reality. He blasted all the assassins surrounding him outward in a circle, then promptly turned to Natsuko and yelled,

"What are you doing here!?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Um... helping you guys out?

She dodges an attack, seemingly without looking at the guy.

Don't worry, I'll be careful.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler is currently using an enemy ninja as a club. His casual tone belies the apparent effort.

"I think he means how is it you're out of bed and fighting? You were in a coma not that long ago. And I think we're going for non-lethal if possible."

Oh, bowling for ninjas. Blast, a 7 10 split.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

She chucks one of the silver balls at the ninjas, and it clunks off one of them, knocking him unconsious.

And then bounces off to do the same to about ten other ninjas.

Not sure. Maybe the poision wasn't as potent as we thought?

Maybe there was something working to bring me out of the coma?

She casually dodges some more blows, some of which she shouldn't have been able to see coming.

Those Bouncers really work... mum was asking if I could test one out.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-11-24 at 11:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

"look sir, mooks!" Matsu glances at his needler. "Well this is useless for non-lethal combat..." He straps it to the back of his belt, and makes a simple baseball bat. "Eheheh..."

"Natsuko!"
    *thwack* One of the ninjas goes sailing through the air. "You better be careful...I'd hate to think what healing serious wounds would do to me..."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Got it!

Yet again, Natsuko dodges a couple of attacks, several of which are coming from her blind spots.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Ami skillfully leaps to and fro, providing nonlethal attacks to ninjas! Wolfgang does the same.

((Sorry for the short post, at my mom's. Godmod permission to KD if it comes to it.))
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #24

Masato swished away another few mooks with a wide swing, then turned to the others. "Well, I guess we could use any help we can get," he noted, but before he could continue, he was cut off by the rush of a few more assassins.

A few well-timed dodges and parries left him unharmed, allowing him to leap back out of the way of harm and a little closer to the others.

"Why don't you team up with your boyfriend over there?" he said toward Natsuko in a rather joking tone. "Seems like he doesn't particularly want you to be on your own."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...

She dodges a few more attacks, and manages to put the assassins down.

Listen, I'm going to have to rotate out, and use a few more longer-range stuff, okay?

She proceeds to wade a path out, and chucks some silver tubes, which release non-lethal bursts of reiatsu.

Looks like I'm not entirely recovered...

thanks for the warnings, Adilla.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Kreeeng*
    "No, I don't want you to be on your own. Especially if you're willing to admit you're not fully recovered."

*thwack*crack*PIIING*

Metta pauses. I could just be putting these guys to sleep... He sends an assassin flying. Oh, right. This is more fun.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Technically, I've still got Adilla piggybacking on me...

She launches a few more of the knockout silver tubes.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu has an easy enough time against the wannabe 2nd squaders, not even releasing her zanpaktou. What she lacks in raw power and supernatural speed, she makes up for with precise technique and hand speed. She makes a point of flipping her blade so that she strikes with the duller inside edge upon talk of nonlethal strikes.

"Masato, a question." Mesuinu swings a leg back, sidestepping a charge and fueling the momentum for an upward slash as her attacker passed."Why are we using nonlethal force on violent criminals that don't have any information that would be valuable in delivering justice to- Bakudo Hachi: Geki."

The weapon was knocked out of the attacker's hand, and a second later the enemy's arms are bound behind him. "Bakudo Ichi: Sai. Valuable to delivering justice to their employers."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Because we're the good guys, and we don't kill people unless they're trying to kill us...and have a remote chance to do so."
    *smack*
    "Other than that though...Yeah, I was just following his lead." Metta shrugs.
    *club*
    "Oh, sorry. Our fearless leader probably has a better answer."
    *bludgeon*

30. - Top - End - #30

"Because it isn't our place to kill like that," he replied as he finished a "duel" with another assassin and soon left him in an unconscious heap before moving on to the next.

The numbers of the mooks were certainly dwindling, and it wouldn't be long before they were all dealt with.