New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravenous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

All the cool kids got Pokemon Blue.
    Ah, but my friend had Blue, making Red the logical choice. Also, attempting to be cool would be a losing battle on my part and I always knew that.

And it is boring, monotonous, solitary and thoroughly arduous; my egregiously solecistic attempts at my assignments are matched only by such natural disasters as Pompei. But at least I can use esoteric vocabulary, so it's all well and good.
    The trick is to use esoteric vocab in the assignments, thus confusing your tutors so they give you a good mark just for the benefit of the doubt. Or because they're too lazy to look up the vocab. (Of course, I would never do that while marking...)

2. - Top - End - #752

I don't suppose you'd be up for a game of internet scrabble in twelve hours time or thereabouts, would you, Zero?
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

3. - Top - End - #753
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    The trick is to use esoteric vocab in the assignments, thus confusing your tutors so they give you a good mark just for the benefit of the doubt. Or because they're too lazy to look up the vocab. (Of course, I would never do that while marking...)
    When you're dealing with, let's see, such things as Abelian groups, n-th dimensional parallelepipeds in finite Euclidean space and finite dimensional vectorspaces over complex numbers defined with dual spaces and assuming both are Hermitian I think you've already gotten fairly esoteric. And that's just reading the assignment sheet.

And unfortunately, my supervisor is pretty good at maths. He can see if you don't have a clue, even if he is the stereotypically awkward kind of mathematician.

It did work for Geometry though. Last assignment I got 92%... I deserved around 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    D'aww.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    I don't suppose you'd be up for a game of internet scrabble in twelve hours time or thereabouts, would you, Zero?
    You mean, at past midnight on a week day when I have lectures to go to in the morning and no internet connection to utilize?

The library shuts at midnight, even if I was so inclined I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-11-30 at 07:20 AM.

4. - Top - End - #754

You know, I realized the idea was flawed, just not that flawed. I'll attribute it to spending another night tossing and turning rather than participating in any activity even remotely akin to sleep. Off to school I go.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate when my payments come late into my bank.

Some day it'll happen when I need to pay my rent, and I won't be able to, and fffffffff >_<
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Banned

Two hours to figure out the relation between the Gram matrix and the volume of a parallelepiped, why ||-||C1 forms a Banach space with C1[a,b] and work out what the hell they're on about with these dual spaces...

I hate Mondays... And Tuesdays. And days. And time itself is a curse upon me.

Oh, almighty Poseidon, this brave man of the sea is burdened by your many trials...
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-11-30 at 07:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Rulers are tools for killing children."

I did not know that.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Banned

And it is done. First time I've done better at Analysis than Algebra...

Maybe I should take these things more seriously; for the last question I pleaded that attempting it may drive me to alcoholism. Too bad the world isn't made of kindly-hearted people who would give me 100% for such a heart-felt supplication.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Firbolg in the Playground

GRAR! Brikkenbrockenfrikkenfracken.

So, it turns out I may not have completely missed my London-Oxford coach on saturday. In fact, it seems the thing I missed was the helpful sentence on the website which explains that the Megabus service between London and Oxford is, in fact, the Oxford Tube rather than an actual Megabus.
    The reason I missed this would be because that explanation isn't there.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #760
    Banned

I've given up on transportation of the 'being within proximity of people' range. It may take 35-40 minutes to walk to uni every day, but that's the price this modern hero pays for not associating with public transport.

So, there's your solution. You have to walk. Time may be a factor however, so assuming you wish to arrive within the hour walking at roughly 60miles/hour should do you well enough.

11. - Top - End - #761

Unfortunately I lack superhuman speed. They swear it's in the post.
    So, yeah. Since I walk at more normal speeds, I draw the line at Yum-Yum somewhere between the hour-long walk from my house to Gosforth and the 3-4 hour walk from my house to my parents' house.

I wish I could walk at 60mph. I'd save so much money on travel.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #762
    Banned

Then who is reality to deny you your wish? Impossible or laughable, a man can grasp his dream!

If you have the will then who is to say that you can't walk at 60miles/hour.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-11-30 at 10:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you have the will then who is to say that you can't walk at 60miles/hour.
    Human Physical Limitations, without enchancement.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

14. - Top - End - #764

One of my students has filled in their evaluation form to say that I led the tutorial discussion too much, but also there was too much class participation. I can only assume from this we should all have sat in silence. What do people want from me?! Gah.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

One of my students has filled in their evaluation form to say that I led the tutorial discussion too much, but also there was too much class participation. I can only assume from this we should all have sat in silence. What do people want from me?! Gah.
    You actually expect students to want to do work? (Also, you're a teacher? Neat! ^w^ 20% of the best people I know are teachers!)

Today's schedule:

Spend all day cleaning out my room.
    Spend all day finishing up my job applications.
    Spend all day finishing up the work due today for class.

...There is a slight problem with my schedule.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

16. - Top - End - #766
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    Human Physical Limitations, without enchancement.
    Never heard of them.
    He made an illogical statement and must be taught not to do so again. A harsh beating around the forehead with a decently-sized piece of lumber should do the trick and will provide entertainment for a good while.

Also, sitting in silence is quite mind-expanding.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

I found my old Game Boy Colour on my last trip home, complete with Pokemon Red, Yellow and Gold. I've been happily playing through Red in a very retro gaming experience. I've also come to the conclusion that back-lit screens are one of the best inventions of all time. I have no idea how I played on that console for so long as a kid.
    I never got into pokemon games until silver/gold (no gameboy), I got crystal and a GBA for christmas and played it for hours. I'm working on Pearl now.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Next time, do exactly this. Sit in silence. Say nothing, no matter what is asked of you. If he speaks, stare at him. If he moves, follow him with your eyes. If he strikes you, double the intensity of your gaze.

Also, all of you need to be wearing masks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Next time, do exactly this. Sit in silence. Say nothing, no matter what is asked of you. If he speaks, stare at him. If he moves, follow him with your eyes. If he strikes you, double the intensity of your gaze.

I'm Coidzor and I approve of this message.

Maybe the git just wanted no actual discussion and instead a straight-up powerpoint lecture that he could sleep through while the lights were dimmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #770

I would love to do this, although the questionnaires were anonymous, so I don't know who in particular to focus on and trying to stare at everyone might dilute the power of the stare. And the expense of the masks, that's a downside.

Also, y'know, might impact on me being re-hired.

I'm Coidzor and I approve of this message.

Maybe the git just wanted no actual discussion and instead a straight-up powerpoint lecture that he could sleep through while the lights were dimmed?
    Quite probably. I also have a theory they didn't actually read the questions and just circled the same number for everything so they could go home. I know that's what I did as a student.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Banned

Well, I've missed two lectures because I was reading MSPaintAdventures, but that was surely time well spent.

Anywho, I'd better avast and get to the supermarket if I want to eat food at some point. Probably be back in two weeks.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Well, I've missed two lectures because I was reading MSPaintAdventures, but that was surely time well spent.
    God dammit, you just reminded me how far I am behind on that. It kind of takes the fun out of 100-strip archive trawls when the bastard goes and makes 101 more the next day.

It's like I'm racing him.

ALSO: Aha, finally found a PNG version of my old avatar. I was beginning to think I'd be stuck with these rags forever.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-11-30 at 01:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

God dammit, you just reminded me how far I am behind on that. It kind of takes the fun out of 100-strip archive trawls when the bastard goes and makes 101 more the next day.

It's like I'm racing him.

ALSO: Aha, finally found a PNG version of my old avatar. I was beginning to think I'd be stuck with these rags forever.
    Is that why you had your halloween costume on so long? Also you should change your sig because your costume's off now.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Don't try to change me. You don't know me. You don't know me at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Why is Rutskarn holding a piece of cardboard? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

It's parchment.

On it are described various secrets such as how to get more hats and how to blow up the moon in under 5 minutes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    On it are described various secrets such as how to get more hats and how to blow up the moon in under 5 minutes.

Rutskarn, buddy, remember all that sucking up I've been doing? Heh heh hoo...

Crap.

28. - Top - End - #778

Cold, cold, coldity cold.
    Why's it so cold here?
    Why are my hands always so cold?

That reminds me, I should defrost the fridge and start packing to go home. One essay left. One lecture left. One rehearsal left. One performance left. One tutorial left. One seminar left. One Bop left.
    It's the Final Countdown!
    I failed my saving throw as well.

Oh, one lot of laundry left.

The repetition of the simple sentences above is really rather strange to look at. "left" is a funny word.

Last week concentration is at an all time low. I have very little written, and my mind keeps floating away. I'm almost doing free association here.
    Need to take my recycling out Friday, mustn't forget that.

What should I go as for the Bop? Christmas theme. They'd better put on some properly cheesy Christmas songs. If I don't here Slade I will feel exceptionally let down.

Speaking of let downs . . .
    Because of my stupid schedule for the past week I kindly emailed my tutor telling him how crazy it was and that while I was still going to do my essay it might not be as long as it should be.
    Really, it was a courtesy email, because that's what we were told to do. If we were going to have lots of things going on in one week, especially relating to extra-curriculars it was polite to notify your tutor.
    So I did.
    He snarked back saying things along the line of "extra-curricular activity is no excuse for sub-par work" and things along that kind of degrading putdowns.
    I fail to see how "not as long as it should be" or "I will still try to keep the standard of my work as high as possible" deserve that kind of cutting remarks.
    Frankly, I was offended.
    Especially as some other pupils did (if you pardon my language) crappy, half-assed essays that were barely 1200 words long and handed them in without any explanation for why, or even emailing him in advance they'd have troubling writing the essay for [insert reason].
    So, people of the Playground, when I see him for my tutorial should I tell him how offended I was?
    I mean, smeg, I haven't had such a derogatory piece of correpsondence since I was in Y11 and received a anonymous note from a class member telling me I was a '[censored]ing whore who didn't deserve to live'. And I consider what my tutor sent me worse than that because we're meant to be two adults etc. etc.!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I mean, smeg, I haven't had such a derogatory piece of correpsondence since I was in Y11 and received a anonymous note from a class member telling me I was a '[censored]ing whore who didn't deserve to live'. And I consider what my tutor sent me worse than that because we're meant to be two adults etc. etc.!
    I believe you should. Just, make sure you don't reference the "other students" thing, and try to keep it frank but nice in tone. Your tutor may have just been in a bad mood and misread your intent.

Zherog, if you are still active, wth?
    Last edited by Reinboom; 2009-11-30 at 05:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's supposed to be cold there. It's only a little bit cold here. Not even below 0. And my feet are only cold because I'm not wearing any socks right now.

My hands aren't cold at all. They're almost never cold. This is great in winter, but running so warm naturally is a pain in the arse come summer.

Furthermore, Final Countdown is an awesome song >.>

As for the email, I wouldn't mention it, but that's because I'm incredibly shy and never mention anything like that if I don't absolutely have to. You should probably say something.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing