New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravenous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

Just wrote 3 pages on just half of the Wendish Crusade. I feel awesome. Heading to bed now. Don't know why I feel the need to tell you all this.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Anyways, thought you all might like this video, so I'll just leave it here.
    So... Much... Win...

So I think I did well on my test. Not too good, not too bad. Anyway, tomorrow is community service day, so hold onto you tights, kiddies, it's gonna be a giving ride!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

It occurs to me, through a haze of frustration and fatigue, half-blind from staring at a word processor and driven mad by reading the same passage over and over, that Jane Austen is simply not dead enough.

If I could find a way to, like, double kill her. That would take the edge off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    It occurs to me, through a haze of frustration and fatigue, half-blind from staring at a word processor and driven mad by reading the same passage over and over, that Jane Austen is simply not dead enough.

I'd rather do that with Melville. In my honest opinion, Moby **** tops the list of 'Books read in school that eat your life'.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Visited the blog. Too obvious on my plug?

That was amazing. That's one of those things that just has the power to make a bad day good and a good day great. It's impossible to outgrow the Muppets, they will always be awesome.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Just wrote 3 pages on just half of the Wendish Crusade. I feel awesome. Heading to bed now. Don't know why I feel the need to tell you all this.
    Nighty Night Gwyn.
    *hands teddy bear, snuggles* =3

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Visited the blog. Too obvious on my plug?

Yeah, just a bit. ^^;

As for the video...wow. Just, wow.

I was wondering how they were going to cover some of the more erm...mature parts of that song...but they did it with aplomb. Huh...you hardly ever see the word "aplomb" used these days....kinda strange that word, huh?

And of course, the end was just...it made me grin so much.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What genre/school do those two get lumped in with?

Jane Austen a Romantic? Melville a Gothic Romantic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #99
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravinous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    *giggle*

EDIT: must make post longer..... thinkthinkthink... aha! Who here likes Pooh Bear!?
    my favorite Winnie the Pooh movie would have to be Pooh's Grand Adventure; the search for Christopher Robin.
    I love Pooh Bear. Have you seen my baby's room? It's all pooh.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

10. - Top - End - #100

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravinous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    I love Pooh Bear. Have you seen my baby's room? It's all pooh.
    I don't think any of us have seen your baby's room. Nor do I think we particularly want to see it covered in poop.

Speaking of things shaped like feces though...

What was that one candy bar Mr Mud was always going on about?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #101

Winnie the Pooh, silly
    And why would you say none of you have seen my baby's room? There was a thread, in said thread, there were pictures, plus there are plenty of playgrounders who have actually been in my baby's room, so nyah...
    here's some pictures of said room for those that haven't though:
    Spoiler
    Show

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

What genre/school do those two get lumped in with?

Jane Austen a Romantic? Melville a Gothic Romantic?
    How about intensely dull "classics" that have millimeter-deep themes and flow like a piano cast down a flight of stairs?
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-11-25 at 01:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Teaching your baby misspelled words, right from the beginning? For shame, Alarra.

Winnie the Pooh was one of my favourite series as a kid. I remember in particular an old book from the ~1960s, that my dad had when he was a kid. It was full of Winnie the Pooh stories, and others by the same author. I should go find that book again sometime...
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-11-25 at 02:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    Really, I'd be happy with any kind of mythical beast. Dragon, pheonix, basilisk, anything like that would be fine. Although if I had to pick one, I'd pick a narwhal. They're basically sea unicorns, so I think it's clear that they're the best possible Christmas gift.

Or if that's infeasible, eternal life would be okay. I guess.
    Hmmm... I'll get back to you on that one, okay?

While you're waiting, have some snuggles and hot chocolate.

I'm tired and worn out.

Schizophrenic people are just exhausting.
    Hot chocolate and a comfy bed for you too. No, not my bed, silly. Now get your mind out of the gutter! The Auntie Goddess ITP commands it, and will give you stern, faintly threatening looks until you do.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

15. - Top - End - #105

So. Zeb's WAY behind the times as far as PC games go. A couple of days ago I started playing Assassin's Creed for the first time. I'm not that far into it, but I'm having a good time. Now, if only I could get it straight in my head which button is 'walk' and which is 'blend' and stop letting off the wrong one when I'm trying to just stop walking in a hot zone, I'd be doing a lot less running through alleys.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh, try playing the PC Assassin's Creed on a Wii Classic Controller with the controls assigned randomly.
    That was an interesting afternoon...

Desert Bus are doing my favourite Disney song, Part of Your World, yaaaaaaaay.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

17. - Top - End - #107

I remember when Street Sharks was on. That was a terribly awesome show.

18. - Top - End - #108

Winnie the Pooh, silly
    And why would you say none of you have seen my baby's room? There was a thread, in said thread, there were pictures, plus there are plenty of playgrounders who have actually been in my baby's room, so nyah...
    here's some pictures of said room for those that haven't though:
    Spoiler
    Show

I hope your child doesn't get PoohtheBear-phobia from having to look at it in the dark for the next 4 years.

(it was a joke, damnit! a joke! laugh!)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Desert Bus are doing my favourite Disney song, Part of Your World, yaaaaaaaay.
    Desert Bus is INSANE. Those guys are going to be bussing it for a week at this rate.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

How about intensely dull "classics" that have millimeter-deep themes and flow like a piano cast down a flight of stairs?
    Well, to be fair, the brilliance of Jane Austen's work wasn't the plot, but the witty dialogue and incisive social commentary, much of which is irrelevant in the 21st century.

Edit: Oh, and I'm back from Korea.
    Last edited by Gitman00; 2009-11-25 at 07:50 AM.
    Asymmetrically shod ass-kicker of the fan club

Nice Guys: Read this.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

"Courage is not merely one of the virtues; rather, it is the form of every virtue at its testing point."

-C.S. Lewis

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Desert Bus is INSANE. Those guys are going to be bussing it for a week at this rate.
    I did a 24 hour marathon with three friends. By the end of our two hours shifts, we were sort of convinced that the yellow lines down the middle were little yellow men who were coming to get us. Yeah... I never want to play it ever again.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

22. - Top - End - #112

NecromancerGuy

And the piano'd be more entertaining for longer... Well, at least if you got to poke it afterwards.

But yeah, that works.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by Gitman00 View Post
    Edit: Oh, and I'm back from Korea.
    Gitman! Good to see you back in these parts. Hope your tour wasn't too exciting.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie Austen attack? Would that help? Gets out the rage and is socially acceptable!

I've got this 'university' down now I think, I even have a (semi-)clean room. Pretty great.

@Gwyn Chan blah blah blah: I shall try and find them, they sound interesting. I thoroughly recommend Mogwai, but you need to find time to listen to each album all the way through, it doesn't really work when split up.

25. - Top - End - #115

. . . Epic and fantastic.

@Gitman: welcome back! I missed you.

How to Exhaust A Curly

1. Take one essay with only 71 words written the day before it is due in.
    Add one rehearsal that starts at five o'clock in the afternoon and finishes at midnight.
    2. Add one Curly who has 641 words done by the time she gets home from said rehearsal.
    3. Add three and a half frantic hours of typing that leave her with a 3 370 word essay.
    4. Mix in a little insomnia resulting in her falling asleep at five a.m - four an a half hours before her tutorial.

5. Then take a bill payment (always stressful) and mix with two hours of laundry and reading for a class at four.
    6. Add a snatched lunch before going on a two hour shopping trip for booze.
    7. Take two dozen bottles of beer, a dozen bottles each of white and red wine; eight litres of juice and one hundred and sixty six cups; put into bags, divide into three of carry to storage place.
    8. Allow an hour and a half to rest.
    9. Take a class at ten past three, followed immediately by another hour long class and stir until thoroughly exhausted.

10. For the piece de resistance, allow ninety minutes for showering, dressing and carry drinks over to venue before warmup for performance.
    11. Perform for two and a half odd hours; add an after-show first night cast part and repeat steps 4, 9, 10 and 11 daily for four additional days.

Repeat steps 6 and 7 once more. And on the final repetition of parts 4, 9-11 add in one extra two hour rehearsal for a choir performance in one week.
    The day after that another choir rehearsal, and the same for Monday and Wednesday. Make allowances for the friends who'll be coming up or down to see oneself in either performance.

Plus an essay.

Here endeth the recipe of exhaustion.

EDIT:
    @Rutskarn: RAGE! Jane Austen is a really good writer. Will explain why later, perhaps, but now it's off to step 9 of the Recipe To Exhaust A Curly.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-11-25 at 09:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    How to Exhaust A Curly

1. Take one essay with only 71 words written the day before it is due in.
    Add one rehearsal that starts at five o'clock in the afternoon and finishes at midnight.
    2. Add one Curly who has 641 words done by the time she gets home from said rehearsal.
    3. Add three and a half frantic hours of typing that leave her with a 3 370 word essay.
    4. Mix in a little insomnia resulting in her falling asleep at five a.m - four an a half hours before her tutorial.

5. Then take a bill payment (always stressful) and mix with two hours of laundry and reading for a class at four.
    6. Add a snatched lunch before going on a two hour shopping trip for booze.
    7. Take two dozen bottles of beer, a dozen bottles each of white and red wine; eight litres of juice and one hundred and sixty six cups; put into bags, divide into three of carry to storage place.
    8. Allow an hour and a half to rest.
    9. Take a class at ten past three, followed immediately by another hour long class and stir until thoroughly exhausted.

10. For the piece de resistance, allow ninety minutes for showering, dressing and carry drinks over to venue before warmup for performance.
    11. Perform for two and a half odd hours; add an after-show first night cast part and repeat steps 4, 9, 10 and 11 daily for four additional days.

Repeat steps 6 and 7 once more. And on the final repetition of parts 4, 9-11 add in one extra two hour rehearsal for a choir performance in one week.
    The day after that another choir rehearsal, and the same for Monday and Wednesday. Make allowances for the friends who'll be coming up or down to see oneself in either performance.

Plus an essay.

Here endeth the recipe of exhaustion.
    Yikes that would be exhausting. Over what period of time is this?

27. - Top - End - #117

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Yikes that would be exhausting. Over what period of time is this?
    I thought that was clear from her description. Rehearsal from 5 'til midnight yesterday, everything else today. Then repetitions.

After first night party seems an odd idea to me. I mean, we tend to go out for a drink or two each night of the performance, but the actual after show party is only for the last night. Don't want to be knackered and hungover on stage (Drunk, now, drunk is another matter...)
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I thought that was clear from her description. Rehearsal from 5 'til midnight yesterday, everything else today. Then repetitions.
    Oh right, I must have missed that.

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    How to Exhaust A Curly
    Yet you still somehow have time to write this?

I'm not even going to ask.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

She wasn't at her computer when this was typed, she was at a rehersal... it... typed itself.

The only logical explaination for her having the spare time to type it.