New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravenous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

My essay is due Monday at noon.

I just realized that a quarter of it is false because I had confused two characters. One of them is named Walter Elliot. The other is named William Elliot. One is the protagonist's father, one is the protagonist's acquaintance/suitor.

I cited an offhand remark as belonging to the latter, using him as a much-needed third viewpoint. Now I need to find a new character and rewrite half the essay.

Sweet fancy Moses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

Musta done something to offend the karma gods.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

What day is it over where you are at? And how many words do you still need to write?

If you writing a literary essay, exactness is probably not that important, you can just make stuff up as you go on.

Here; Wiki article on the novel, Persuasion
    Last edited by Amiel; 2009-12-06 at 12:42 AM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

@Rutskin: Knowing the nature of this sort of problem, the answer will probably be "No, that'd make it EASY", with an actual explanation forthcoming. But...couldn't you just switch the names? Surely, if the person you are referring to does actually happen to say or do the thing you refer to, you can just pull out the wrong name and put in the right one?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

No, that'd make it EASY.

Seriously, a large part of the support for my essay hinged on that.

@Amiel: It's Saturday night over here, and no, that's not how it works. This isn't some sort of frou-frou BS class where you can get away with any crazy jargon, it's Humanities Core Honors. If your argument isn't airtight and sophisticated, you're not going to do well.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-06 at 03:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...As awful as that is, I can't help feeling unsympathetic with roughly 24 more pages to write by Thursday. Four of which have to be done by tomorrow at midnight.

Consider that, and if you really need to write something about it, just write a plot summary or something. Presumably you at least watched the movie, so that shouldn't be too hard.
    We actually only watched about a third of the movie, and I can't seem to find it at a movie rental place. The essay is done now, I just BSed my way through it.
    Avatar by Recaiden Find more Necrons here
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Characters: Gronk 2-1

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Firbolg in the Playground

This sunday is... wrong...
    Like, not bad, but wrong.

Usually on a sunday I would stay in bed until gone midday, get up slowly and generally laze around the house until I have to leave at about 6:30 for a choir rehearsal.

Last night, rather than sleeping properly, I just sort of dozed small amounts, before getting up at 11, heading into town to do some carol singing at 1, coming back about 15 minutes ago, and I don't have a choir rehearsal this evening.
    It's just all... wrong...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Barbarian in the Playground

It sounds wrong.
    Unrelated: There was a cuban revolutionist snowman in my kinder surprise.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1269

Quote Originally Posted by Il'deav Ilah'naie View Post
    It sounds wrong.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, what on earth is the backstory behind that snowman?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Il'deav Ilah'naie View Post
    It sounds wrong.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh sweet! A Kinder Egg toy! I love those eggs, and the little constructable toys that come inside. One time, I got a little chef guy in one of them, and actually made an entire character based on just that toy! *He was actually one of the most well-liked characters in the RP universe where I played him, being both an awesome chef and a real friendly guy to talk to*.

But man...those eggs are SO hard to find in the US. Seriously, if I saw a box of them somewhere, I would probably buy them in a heartbeat, and give one to each of my siblings, cousins, and whoever else I could find that would enjoy the candy/toy combo.

...That is one messed up snowman though...^^; But they do have a surprising variety of toys inside those eggs, so I'm not too surprised.

Edit: For those of you who have no idea what we're talking about, Kinder Surprise. *Though I prefer calling them "Kinder Eggs" myself.*
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-12-06 at 01:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1271

Oh sweet! A Kinder Egg toy! I love those eggs, and the little constructable toys that come inside. One time, I got a little chef guy in one of them, and actually made an entire character based on just that toy! *He was actually one of the most well-liked characters in the RP universe where I played him, being both an awesome chef and a real friendly guy to talk to*.

But man...those eggs are SO hard to find in the US. Seriously, if I saw a box of them somewhere, I would probably buy them in a heartbeat, and give one to each of my siblings, cousins, and whoever else I could find that would enjoy the candy/toy combo.

...That is one messed up snowman though...^^; But they do have a surprising variety of toys inside those eggs, so I'm not too surprised.
    Depends on where in the US you are, and knowing the right stores. I have easily been able to find them in the Boston area in the right stores.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Kinder Surprises are relatively easy to find in Canada.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Troll in the Playground

Agreed with Thufir. This Sunday is just bizarre.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eh, not as bizarre as having to stifle a laugh while being Caesar's corpse for the Marc Antony speech from Julius Caesar and having the person morning over you's breasts weighing down on one of your arms.

So yeah, I got to be Caesar's corpse at the last minute last night. Like, literally, we found the guy who was going to be her corpse was already in costume for the scene after hers in the Shakespeare showcase, and the scenes I was part of had all been cut, so I was just helping out backstage a little bit and wrangling the people who were there as part of the evening show who had missed the tutorial that was given during the matinee.

Surprisingly enough, I wasn't completely bored out of my skull despite finding myself basically without anything constructive to do for the matinee show.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-06 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Sometimes it's fun to poke around backstage. There's a lot of energy, tension, and slightly illegal card games going on back there.

Also: ESSAY ARRGH ARRGH ARRGGH
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

One down, one to go... Which would feel like a bit more of an accomplishment, if it weren't for the fact that the other essay has to be at least 5 pages longer than...actually, let me check this for a moment...

*check*

Yeah, probably at least 5 pages longer than the one I just finished at best.

...But I still feel pretty good. ^^
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Sometimes it's fun to poke around backstage. There's a lot of energy, tension, and slightly illegal card games going on back there.

Also: ESSAY ARRGH ARRGH ARRGGH
    >.>

Illegal? Nah, it's perfectly legal unless you don't get caught.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

*collapses into thread*...need...snuggles...O_o

=P

Rawr, does anyone know a good method for clearing your mind efficiently? I have a few, but they take too long, and I really should study for my math final tomorrow... >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post

=P

Rawr, does anyone know a good method for clearing your mind efficiently? I have a few, but they take too long, and I really should study for my math final tomorrow... >.>
    *snuggles* :3

My legs hurt from walking all day. q:

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Banned

*Grabs Cobra and huggles him*

*Licks Cobra*

Awww, snuggles.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Troll in the Playground

;-; Poor son. *Snuggly hugs for Nameless*

Hmm...mind-clearing you say? Well...you could just find a nice soft bed and lie down for awhile with your eyes closed. Or barring that, find a nice comfy spot to sit down and just think for awhile. I find that the best way to clear the mind is to relax your body.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

;-; Poor son. *Snuggly hugs for Nameless*

S'okay, I got an awesome shirt and some awesome contact lenses. :D

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

Cobra has apparently infiltrated webcomics now...

@Nameless: Man. You didn't buy contact lenses from Cyberdog did you? Cyberdog is a terrible (and overpriced) place.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magnets?

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post

=P

aww. *snuggles* You okay?

sleeping? Running? reading? laughing? thats what works for me most of the time.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Cobra has apparently infiltrated webcomics now...

@Nameless: Man. You didn't buy contact lenses from Cyberdog did you? Cyberdog is a terrible (and overpriced) place.
    Actually, the ones I got were pretty much the same price as they are everywhere else I looked. And at least they give me a recipe with it. xD

And yeah, Cyberdog is overpriced, But it’s damn awesome. And a lot cheaper then some of the other Cyber based shops.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Actually, the ones I got were pretty much the same price as they are everywhere else I looked. And at least they give me a recipe with it. xD

And yeah, Cyberdog is overpriced, But it’s damn awesome. And a lot cheaper then some of the other Cyber based shops.
    Did you get purple contacts!!? =D

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    Did you get purple contacts!!? =D
    I was there for about 15 minuets with EBM blasting trying to select which ones I wanted. I eventually went for Red Lizard ones.
    They didn't have electric or neon purple like I wanted. .-.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I was there for about 15 minuets with EBM blasting trying to select which ones I wanted. I eventually went for Red Lizard ones.
    They didn't have electric or neon purple like I wanted. .-.
    aww. V.V
    red contacts are still awesome though. =) pictures?

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    aww. V.V
    red contacts are still awesome though. =) pictures?
    When I decide to take them out and wear them, yes. :3