New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Age of the Warriors - a ToB expansion book idea

So I suppose this should be taken as only receiving permission from the handful of people who have already said so and everything else is off-limits?
    Last edited by Iamyourking; 2010-12-17 at 06:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    So I suppose this should be taken as only receiving permission from the handful of people who have already said so and everything else is off-limits?
    I don't think there's an organized thing with one person to ask who can give permission on behalf of individual creators; you have to ask them individually.

My stuff is completely open, as I've said before, but it's not what you asked for.
    Last projects, from years back: Lesser Disciplines (Tome of Battle). Also, Never Behind the Curve (multiclassing).

Some of my current work is under the name IGTN on D&D Wiki

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

I would try PMing the authors of the specific disciplines you are interested in.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Havvy View Post
    As long as people are asking for permission, I would like to get the content of this thread to DnD-Wiki (see the link in my signature for more information). Some of the disciplines are already over there, but we could always get more.
    But D&Dwiki sucks >.>
    Mixing good homebrew with bad homebrew will eventualy lead people to consider the good homebrew bad without even seeing it.

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    But D&Dwiki sucks >.>
    Mixing good homebrew with bad homebrew will eventualy lead people to consider the good homebrew bad without even seeing it.
    You can say the same thing about here. The vast majority of content people make isn't much good, especially not on the first try. You can't just assume everything posted on some site is good, even if it's a single-author site, let alone one where anyone can just walk in.
    Last projects, from years back: Lesser Disciplines (Tome of Battle). Also, Never Behind the Curve (multiclassing).

Some of my current work is under the name IGTN on D&D Wiki

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

I'm new here, but if writers are needed, I'm here to help.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome. I would suggest reading the following thread, and then just jumping right in. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/printthread.php?t=156748

This project has lost a little steam, but maybe it can be gotten moving again. Don't worry about getting everything right at first. On the internet it is easier to get corrections by posting bad stuff than by asking a question...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as people are asking for permission, I would like to get the content of this thread to DnD-Wiki (see the link in my signature for more information). Some of the disciplines are already over there, but we could always get more.
    I don't have time to move my stuff over right now, but feel free to move any of that material (Narrow Bridge and Broken Blade) over if you want.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

9. - Top - End - #759

Hey guys. I was wondering if I could use the disciplines from Refactoring ToB archery and the Black Rain discipline to make a custum ToB gunslinger class for my homebrewed campaign setting?
    The Age of Warrior, a ToB expansion.

Credits to Ninjaman for old Death Jester avatar.
    Homebrew (feel free to PEACH)
    Base Classes:
    Fighter Fix, The Sublime Matador

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

10. - Top - End - #760
    Bugbear in the Playground

Speaking as the primary refactorer of the archery: go for it.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking as the secondary refactorer for archery (I think) I would like to hear how it goes with those disciplines in the campaign if you can manage it. I often think that the homebrew forum tends to (on average) be low in grounding in practical gameplay reality, because so little of it ever goes through anything LIKE a testing cycle. The more a homebrew departs from the published materials the more it tends to be like a bunch of theoretical physicists trying to discuss car engine design over a drafting table.
    Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #762

Thanks guys, I'll definitely try to provide feedback for the disciplines.

Base Classes:

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

13. - Top - End - #763

Continuing the mass-upload, more issues:

Dancing Leaf: What level are twilight ambush and rose's thorn riposte?

Untamed Essence: Which is the second 6th level strike: Long Slash which makes a full attack or Argent Cross which makes two attacks? (or do they both exist?)

Piercing Point: What level are fight of balance, devastating spear, and killing spear?

Meanwhile, the uploading is bearing some fruit. See http://dspeyer.homelinux.org/aow/ Bits and pieces are missing or broken, but I think this design has potential. Thoughts?

14. - Top - End - #764

Well, as far as I can see, it's looking pretty good.

Base Classes:

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    Meanwhile, the uploading is bearing some fruit. See http://dspeyer.homelinux.org/aow/ Bits and pieces are missing or broken, but I think this design has potential. Thoughts?
    FRIENDLY WARNING FROM A CONCERNED CITIZEN OF THE INTERNET:
    Norton Internet Security has that site blocked as unsafe, but when I go HERE for an explanation (hope the links works for people other than me), it lists no actual threats... 3 comments in the lower right.
    Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    FRIENDLY WARNING FROM A CONCERNED CITIZEN OF THE INTERNET:
    Norton Internet Security has that site blocked as unsafe, but when I go HERE for an explanation (hope the links works for people other than me), it lists no actual threats... 3 comments in the lower right.
    Misleading status of "Unsafe"

while giving no apparent reason is a dis-service to the User. Furthermore, it would tend to cause Users to ignore REAL threats on sites actually harmful. Norton should either be more explicit or change the warning. Site Owner should contact Norton for possible correction.
    There are 5 other comments on that page with similar notes. As such, I'd say it is probably (98%) safe.
    On balance: Just because you don't agree with the level of balance doesn't mean that others cannot. While balance is objective, which balance is being aimed at is subjective.

DnD-Wiki (a place to store your homebrew) (is not DandDWiki) | My Homebrew |
    IRC: #dnd & #havvy | 5 Color Alignment | Why can't https:// links ever work around here?

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

There are 5 other comments on that page with similar notes. As such, I'd say it is probably (98%) safe.
    Well.... 2 other comments and 6 total VOTES.

I concur with what you are saying, but the other 2% (or whatever) seemed to me to be reason enough to do what I did. I was careful to include mention of the lack of any specific threat listing... if I had done this sort of thing before, I would have been more through. Thank you very much for filling in the gaps.
    Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #768

It appears that Norton is treating homelinux.org as a single website. It is in fact a free dns provider (specifically, dyndns). dspeyer.homelinux.org has nothing to do with anyoneelse.homelinux.org. It is entirely likely that someone used homelinux.org for something malicious at some point.

There seems to be no way to inform Norton of this without giving them money. Any existing customers feel like passing the word?

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I am a customer I think... in as much as I am using a computer with an up-to-date subscription. Don't know how to do this since the only link is for "site owner", and while I might be able to pass along a message on your behalf, I don't know if you qualify since you aren't the owner of the overall service, just your own site within it.
    Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #770

I realize we need organization more than new content, but these base classes were insistent in my head: Bowsage (like swordsage, but bows, with a few bits of warblade mixed in) and Strikewright (to warblade as warlock is to sorcerer).

Yes, I'll finish the school uploading soon. Then we'll have to figure out what to do with the rest of it, which is bulkier and less structured.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

I was looking over the bow-sage, and cross-checking associated weapons for the 3 archery disciplines. It occurs to me that we should probably make repeater crossbows (including repeater hand crossbows) explicitly qualify as associated weapons for Iron Rain. See also THIS, which I really need to make a martial initiating version of, built around Iron Rain.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-01-08 at 05:44 PM.
    Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #772

Repeater Crossbows sound good for Iron Rain.

What is "THIS"? Was there supposed to be a link?

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, there was, and now there is... repeated below.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=5
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Just popping in to remind everyone that Hero's Edge is complete.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

25. - Top - End - #775

Upload complete!

Some proofreading is still needed, and I just settled the unanswered questions myself.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

How does one put a line-break in a description? Some of Falling Anvil ended up with the first sentence/paragraph of the rules text included in with the flavor text, and I don't want to mash all of the non-flavor stuff into one giant paragraph if it can be helped.

EDIT: Also, your description field sizes seem to be too small, a lot of my stuff doesn't fit. Tables are also a bit of a mess, but that is probably a lot harder to fix.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-01-09 at 03:06 PM.
    Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #777

The description field is in HTML. Just use <br> for a line break.

Unfortunately, each field is limited to 500 characters. This is a limitation in datawiki. For 500-1000 char descriptions, you can put the second half in detailsoverflow. For longer, or more formatted things, you can specify a wikia name and then put the content there (in ageofwarriors.wikia.com, or you can use the link that will be generated on the school page).

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

I somehow did not see DetailsOverflow. That was exactly the sort of solution I thought would work if increasing a field-length wasn't going to be enough. The 1000+ things are also good to know about, and I shall try to remember to look into them.
    Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #779

Who's still around on this? I've got some energy to devote to it again, but there's a ton to do. If there aren't a bunch of us, we'll need to scale back.

30. - Top - End - #780

I am available, and without a big project right now, so I'd be able to help.

Base Classes:

Disciplines:
    The Endless Play