Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
Prerequisites for various Maneuvers/Stances are the attack they are based on (or other more unusual criteria). For example an attack based on clawing an opponent will have the Claw or Talon Natural Attack listed as a Prerequisite.
Does this mean none of them will have maneuver pre-requisites? Because I wasn't totally comfortable with that idea with Breath of Fire (a discipline for using breath-weapons), and here it is even less of a good fit. OTOH, having Racial Hitdice count as full IL for purposes of calculating IL for access to level of maneuver and effects of maneuvers could be good.
1st Level
Bite Limb (Strike) If your Bite attack succeeds your opponent takes a -1 Penalty to all Attack rolls made using a specific limb or Natural Attack for several rounds.
You MIGHT need to increase this to -2.
Chase 'Em Down (Stance) You gain +1d6 Skirmish.
Limit this to melee attacks?
Claw Rush (Strike) You make a Charge Attack with your Claws, and your opponent gets no Dexterity Bonus to AC for this Attack.
Does this allow Sneak Attack? Two claw attacks (or more in some cases)?
Defensive Peck (Strike) You attack Defensively while attacking with your beak. Your Attack Roll Penalty is lowered by -2 for this round.
Not quite as good as Combat Expertise, unless maybe you have 5 ranks in Tumble... still nice though.
Face Hugger (Strike) If you successfully grapple an opponent your tentacles cover his eyes and mouth temporarily blinding and muting him.
One round, or until grapple ends? I suggest until the grapple ends.
Focused Attack (Stance) You gain +2 to Attack rolls with one of your Natural Weapons, but are limited in the attacks you can make.
Might be cheese if you only have one natural attack anyway, but not that bad actually. Might depend on the details.
Intimidating Gore (Strike) Your Gore attack Demoralizes your opponent.
Seems a little illogical, especially if it doesn't require a charge... maybe something to let you bull-rush with the same attack you gore with? DON"T require a charge, but DO give the +2 bonus to ALL the rolls involved in the charge (except the damage roll).
Lean Into It (Boost) Temporarily boost your Natural AC Bonus by +2.
This works.
Mild Adrenal Burst (Boost) Increase one Movement speed you possess by +10'.
This needs to only last one round, otherwise it will completely over-shadow Desert Wind. As it is, it is technically more powerful already, but I can live with that.
Readied (Stance) You take no Penalty to AC when Readying a Charge Attack.
Didn't think you could ready a full charge, only a partial charge. Seems VERY specific, especially for a stance. Turn it into a Boost? Perhaps one that sticks around until you do something other than charge or ready a charge? And lets you ready full charges instead of just partial charges?
Rearing Blow (Strike) You rear up and strike your opponent with both forehooves for extra damage.
Need to see actual mechanics to comment.
Stunning Slam (Strike) You Slam attack Stuns opponent for 1 round.
This works since Monks can do it... I guess? Maybe move it to 2nd level since it isn't limited by per-day uses, but then again, it ALSO is limited by recovery mechanics.
Tail Slap (Strike) Your tail attack temporarily dazes your opponent.
This might be overpowered if it also deals damage... wait, what am I talking about, if stun is OK, then so is Daze I should think (does either make them flat-footed? I am feeling lazy and my internet connection is VERY slow.)

2nd Level
Ambush Predator (Stance) Automatically threaten Critical against Flat-Footed opponent.
Niiiceee... of course, it is NICEST with a manufactured weapon, since almost all natural weapons are just x2.
Flying Tackle (Stance) You perform a charging leap, crashing into your opponent, and knocking both of you to the ground.
Seems a bit weak compared to stunned or dazed. Better do damage or the first level Setting Sun throw makes it cry.
Pack Tactics (Stance) Both you and Allies gain a cumulative Bonus to Attack rolls equal to the number of you attacking the same Enemy.
This works, although not so well for most PC parties.
Pinning Stance (Stance) Gain a +4 Bonus to Grapple Checks meant to Pin a Foe.
Eh... a bit mundane and narrow, but... why not?

3rd Level
Flexible Attack (Boost) You may change your Initiative.
Need more details to know how this falls between the "Delay" option (everyone can already do it), "Refocus" (even worse), and White Raven Tactics (very good).
Retributive Strike (Counter) Any foe attacking you provokes an Attack of Opportunity.
Two guys with this fighting=one round of alternating attack rolls?
4th Level
Back Kick (Strike) You lash out behind you with both back legs, severely injuring your opponent.
D&D doesn't have facing, but if that is just flavor, then this should be fine.
Bash (Strike) Your Slam attack does +2d6 damage, and your opponent takes a -2 Penalty to all attack and damage rolls for 1 round.
I would rather stun...
Cripple (Boost) For the next three rounds the opponents you successfully attack have their Actions limited.
Needs more details.
Eye Rake (Strike) You rake your opponents face, possibly blinding him.
This works.
Gore Toss (Strike) If your Gore attack is successful you toss your opponent over your back onto the ground.
So they land mirror image about the center of your space to where they started?

Going to stop here for the moment.