Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Raffy the Sparrhowhawk

    Raffey puts a hand on the wagon wall and vaults up atop it. Leering down at the monster he takes aim, making sure he's on an angle so that Hans will not be caught in the shrapnel. He lowers the bell-shaped barrel will he can just see the beast's scalp over it, and gently pulls the trigger.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Agility v. 34 (1d100)[95]

    If he fails to leap up, he will consider shooting through the wagon wall - if the gaps between the slats are wide enough to make it realistic. Otherwise he'll have to hold off till he can get a shot I guess.

    Damage (if fired): (1d10+3)[13]

    Next round I intend to attack with my sword - can I holster my 'buss after firing, or am I out of actions? (I'm not trying to fanaggle extra actions here, I'm just not real familiar yet with how much you can do in a round in this system.)
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-12-11 at 11:29 AM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Ithelus screams as the weapon slices through his skin and muscle. Almost faltering from the pain he stumbles backwards a few steps and staggers to a halt. With a look of determination He whips out a dagger and levels his sickle a the beastman, his arm swaying slightly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Drawing a throwing knife/dagger in off-hand, giving me a free parry each turn. also taking defensive stance to try and keep myself alive. I just want to help give a flanking bonus.
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Illiiya Jaelrae

    Ithelus' scream of pain snapped her from her cowering. Panic ran through her as she realized his plight. Ithelus was getting hurt. He might get killed! Sweat beaded on her brow as she peered over the wagon to see.

    No! No no no no no no! She muttered to herself. No! I don't want to... please don't make me! It hurts!

    The beastman advanced on Ithelus threateningly. She could barely think. He was the only one she had... she did not want him to die. But the things were right there... waiting.... watching her. They scared her more than death. Death was an end to suffering. Not them. They were a beginning.

    Steeling herself, she stood from the wagon and began to channel... her slender body shaking like that of a scared child. It was for Ithelus. She could not bear to watch him die. He was the only one who had been kind to her.

    The winds surged around her in a torrent that only she could hear. The screeches of the things beyond sight flitted to her ears, and she shook. Struggling to guide them, she held her arms out towards the monster, and begged that the wind would listen to her call.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Dart at the beastman who's hurting Ithelus! Or at least, she's trying.

    Move action: Channeling. (1d100)[6] (51)
    Casting roll: (1d10)[3] or (1d10)[9] with a +1 to the highest if the channeling roll succeeds.
    Damage: (1d10+3)[5]

    Let's hope this works.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

    Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    The Bestigor gave a distorted bleat of confusion as the air around it grew cold, its sleek white fur standing on end – it shook its head like an ox bothered by flies as thin cuts slashed across its thick hide, droplets of viscous blood beading from the dark lines. Turning its malevolent gaze on Ithelus, it seemed to blame the elf for this misfortune, hefting its axe and lurching forwards to strike – spurring his horse forwards, Seth gave a shout, slamming the butt-end of his spear down hard on the creature’s thick temple. Staggering sideways, it gave a howl of pain, blood running from the corner of its bestial mouth as it turned to snarl at the squire.

    Behind them, there was a deafening bang – the side of the lead cart vanished in a sudden plume of grey gunsmoke as Raffy’s reloaded blunderbuss went off inches from his target’s skull, the lethal spray of shot shattering the Beastman’s skull and stripping it of half its flesh in one simultaneous roar. The shrapnel-riddled corpse swayed for a moment, axe still upraised over Hans – with a thud, it fell to its knees, before keeling over face-first into the mud.

    The beastman facing Lothar stepped back at the report of the gun, turning to look in the direction of its fallen brother – its bloodshot eyes flicked back in the direction of the woods behind it, its blade lashing out almost instinctively in the direction of the cornered soldier as Lothar made a probing jab with his sword. As far as the beasts possessed any reason at all, Fischer could tell the only thing keeping this one in the fight were the howls of its leader...

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Taking heart from the death of another of the foul creatures and resolve from the support of Illiiya, knowing how hard it was for her Ithelus pushed forwards. He pestered the massive beastman, his sickle dancing through the air around the creature's head, never threatening but always there.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Parrying stance and defensive stance.
    Last edited by Exeson; 2009-12-12 at 12:50 PM.
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boston (Northeast USA)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Seth is only tangentially aware of the tide turning in his sides favor; he relaxes his assault slightly, urging his steed forward to attack first, so that if it manages to bring down his opponent, he can quickly move forward to turn the other's attention to himself.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Horse:

    Attack: WS 25 +10 outnumbering (1d100)[38]
    Damage: (1d10-1)[8]

    Seth, second:

    Attack: WS 35 +10 outnumbering (1d100)[46]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[5]


  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Raffy the Sparrowhawk

    Hurling his spent blunderbuss down amidst the stone blocks, Raffy decides the odds are good enough for close engagement. More importantly, some of these ugly stinkers might get away if he doesn't move quick.

    He leaps the wall of the wagon, draws his sabre and moves to cut off the nearest beast.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free action - drop weapon
    Half action - draw sword
    Half action - move; agility 34 (1d100)[49]

    I would like to move to a square SOUTH of Beast#2, *if* there are no AoO rules. If moving past this creature is going to get me killed, then I'll just move up next to him instead.

    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Illiiya Jaelrae

    Shakily, Illiiya lowered her hands. She was too frayed to use the winds properly... The beast had not even seemed to feel her last attempt, and the things around her were all to anxious for her to try again, and falter.

    Panickedly, she looked about the wagon for something she could do to help. The fight seemed to be going against them, but the beasts were still standing and fighting, and that means that someone could still be killed. She looked at the short blade that Ithelus had given her to defend herself with. She was no great warrior... did she dare try and fight?

    The creatures were not relenting. Even if she armed herself, she would be no use in the fray and she knew it. The idea of leaping in against the beasts, unarmored and poorly trained scared her less than what she knew would become of her if she drew too much more on the winds. A moment of indecision passed, before she tried her hand, one more time. She could not just watch them die.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Second verse, same as the first. I just know I'm going to miscast sooner or later! Dart on the one attacking Ithelus!

    Channeling. (1d100)[37] (needs a 51)
    Casting roll. (1d10)[5] or (1d10)[3]
    Damage. (1d10+3)[5]

    Fingers crossed.

    Edit: YES! With the +1 from channeling, I JUST made that! *Happy dance!*
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2009-12-12 at 07:04 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

    Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Vaulting over the wall of the wagon, Raffy gave a yelp of alarm as his foot caught on the edge – stretching out his arms to keep the blade of his sword away from his body, the youth landed face-down on the road, the wheel-rutted mud welcoming him with a wet squelch. The noise caught the attention of Lothar’s opponent, however – its eyes flicking between the cursing man in the mud and its own resolute opponent, it began to back off, rusted blade still warily upraised between itself and Lothar. Shaking the blood from his eyes, the soldier made a testing lunge, his own sword meeting the beastman’s notched cleaver with a peal of meeting iron – making up its mind, the mutant pushed hard on the locked blades, the force of the shove sending Lothar stumbling backwards. In an instant, the beast had turned, two long bounds carrying it into the shadows of the trees.

    The Bestigor gave a howl of fury as its follower fled – hemmed in by its own enemies, it hefted its axe again, jerking it threateningly in the direction of Seth and Ithelus whenever its circling attackers drew near. There was a second chill in the air, the monster braying in powerless rage as unseen claws slashed its muzzle – blood dripped from its distorted face, the mutant shaking its heavy skull like a dog to clear its eyes as its enemies closed in. Still it held out, ducking under the squire’s jabbing spear to swing its weapon high at the rider’s head – Adelbert’s horse skittered away, the heavy blade rushing through air alone.

    Far from the fighting, meanwhile, Hans had reached the rope – clutching his dagger, he began to saw through the coarse fibres, the horses of the wagon behind him whinnying eagerly at the sight...

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boston (Northeast USA)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Seth continues his assault on the Bestigor, eager for this business to be done with

    Spoiler
    Show


    If Bestigor is still up, Seth attacks first; if he's not, Seth charges down the ungor and attacks:

    Attack: WS 35 (possibly +10 2v1) (1d100)[30]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[5]

    If Bestigor is still up, Horse attacks as well; if not, either because he was already down or Seth finished him, horse moves up to Ungor (in which case, I'm not clear if he gets to attack)


    Attack: WS 35 (possibly +10 2v1) (1d100)[80]
    Damage: (1d10-1)[7]


  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Ithelus dips and ducks under the swings of the Beastigor's axe, relying on his elven grace and inborn agility to keep him alive. Again he only feints with his sickle, his wounds too bad for him to risk another injury.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Same as last two rounds.
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Illiiya Jaelrae

    Only one left and it was fleeing. Illiiya crouched back down in the wagon with a shudder. The others could handle the one that remained... it was badly outnumbered and attacked on all sides. She dared not call to the winds again. Already she could hear them screeching... calling... mocking her and pleading with her to try once more. She knew they were there... just out of sight. She knew they were watching her, and waiting... looming where she could not see.. always at the fleeting edge of her vision. She crouched down in the wagon to shiver and collect herself... wishing with everything she had that they would simply go away.

    Deep down... she knew better.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Illiiya's had enough. No more channeling. She's going to crouch down and take a little personal time. I guess we can treat that as full defense?

    In any case.... yeah. Good luck down there guys!
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

    Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Raffy the Sparrowhawk

    Raffy splats into the mud half-on the corpse of the beast he just shot. He looks around to see if anyone noticed, and gives it a few stabs to make it look like he was just making sure it was dead.

    Scrambling to his feat, he charges after the beast man who is trying to get away.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Courtesy stabs: for show only :)

    Half action: Stand

    Half action: run after beast man

    It sound like there is not such a thing as a Charge action, where I can both move and attack, but just in case there is:

    WS - (1d100)[1] vs 31

    damage (1d10)[3] (str bonus is 3 if that matters)

    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Stumbling to his feet, Raffy’s eyes fixed on the fleeing Gor – lifting his broadsword, he charged after it at full pelt, ducking in among the shadows of the tree-branches as the thing began to vanish into the darkness of the forest. Turning with a roar of fury at the smooth-skin on its tail, the beast lashed out, its rusted blade a glinting blur in the gloom – the weapon glanced the side of Raffy’s skull, sending the youth staggering sideways with hot blood running down the side of his face. Hearing the shouts of the other humans behind it, the beastman hesitated for the merest moment before turning to flee again.

    It was a mistake - the Sparrowhawk's broadsword darted out, sinking deep into the mutant's side. Its howl of agony echoing among the gnarled trunks, the monster bounded away into the gloom, cloven hooves carrying deeper into the trees with inhuman speed...

    Leaving the boy to his chase, Lothar sank down on one knee, tearing a strip of cloth from his doublet and beginning to bandage the bloody wound on his scalp – on his left, Hans finished cutting through the rope that blocked the road, the coachman having to seize the reins of the lead carthorses as they tried to start forwards. On his right, the Bestigor still held out, shouldering its way through Seth’s blows to bring its axe crashing down on the squire’s frantically upraised shield – the heavy blade bit deep, splinters flying from an impact that made Adelbert rock back in the saddle. Wrenching its weapon free, the white-furred monster snarled at the circling Ithelus, trying to ward the elf off as it readied itself for another swing at the squire.
    Last edited by LCP; 2009-12-17 at 05:45 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boston (Northeast USA)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Seth continues his assault on the Bestigor, eager for this business to be done with

    Spoiler
    Show


    This is mostly copy-pasted from my previous post; seems silly to come up with 30 colorful expressions for the same 10 second action.

    If Bestigor is still up, Seth attacks first; if he's not, Seth charges down the ungor and attacks:

    Attack: WS 35 (possibly +10 2v1) [rol]1d100[/roll]
    Damage: [rol]1d10+4[/roll]

    If Bestigor is still up, Horse attacks as well; if not, either because he was already down or Seth finished him, horse moves up to Ungor (in which case, I'm not clear if he gets to attack)


    Attack: WS 35 (possibly +10 2v1) [rol]1d100[/roll]
    Damage: [rol]1d10-1[/roll]


  16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boston (Northeast USA)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Spoiler
    Show



    That's what I get for TOO much copy-pasting: the same typo breaking syntax 4 times over (all repeated below)


    If Bestigor is still up, Seth attacks first; if he's not, Seth charges down the ungor and attacks:

    Attack: WS 35 (possibly +10 2v1) (1d100)[80]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[10]

    If Bestigor is still up, Horse attacks as well; if not, either because he was already down or Seth finished him, horse moves up to Ungor (in which case, I'm not clear if he gets to attack)


    Attack: WS 35 (possibly +10 2v1) (1d100)[94]
    Damage: (1d10-1)[7]


  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Ithelus continues his attempts to distract the creature from its actual combat threats.

    Spoiler
    Show
    same again
    Last edited by Exeson; 2009-12-14 at 08:33 PM.
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    goblinpaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    The makeshift bandage soaked through instantly, but it sufficed to keep blood from Lothar's eyes. The wounded mercenary, growling oaths through gritted teeth, levelled his sword at the Bestigor which seemed to be still hurling itself at the wounded squire. Despite the large mutant being outnumbered and injured, it seemed no closer to defeat or flight.

    Lothar paused a fraction of a second, experienced eyes watching the clashing blades- there, as the albino moved in for another attack, that was the chance- and he leapt into the side of the thing, bellowing "Nordland!" The ordinary steel of his regimental sword neither shone nor sang, but it did strike for the creature...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge action at the Bestigor. With charging and outnumbering bonuses, I'm pretty sure I have a +30% to my WS, and no longer have the -10% from the scalp wound: 65

    Attack: <65 (1d100)[60]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[13]
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2009-12-14 at 09:20 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Illiiya Jaelrae

    Illiiya watched what was left of the fight with nervous anticipation, not moving from her wagon, but praying softly to no god in particular that they would see it through all right. Things seemed to have taken a sharp turn in their favor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Staying the course and staying out of the fight. You guys seem to have it wrapped up in any case.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

    Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Raffy the Sparrowhawk

    Giving his head a shake so the blood won't run in his eyes, Raffy feels dizzy. He stumbles for a second - just long enough to draw his knife in his spare hand - and then charges all-bollocks-out at the beast man's back.

    "Somebody GET IT!" he roars.

    Spoiler
    Show

    edit: retconned due to misunderstanding on my part. Many thanks, LCP.

    half action: draw knife
    half action: throw that knife

    BS - (1d100)[82] vs 48

    damage - (1d10+3)[10] (assuming I add SB to a thrown weapon)

    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-12-16 at 12:01 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    The Bestigor roared, swinging its axe high over its head and lunging for Seth once again – raising his battered shield, the squire screamed in pain as the heavy blade twitched through the air, the white-furred beast breaking the predictable pattern of its blows to slice hard into the young man’s leg. Baring its yellow fangs in a hideous grin, it wrenched its weapon free, swinging the bloodied blade back to deliver the killing blow –

    Lothar cannoned into its side in a blur of steel, the monster’s affronted roar turning into a howl of agony as the soldier’s sword ripped into its leg, shearing through muscle and bone in one hacking stroke. Blood spurting from the mangled mess, it rolled onto its back, shrieking curses at the Nordlander in its own vile tongue – Lothar stepped forwards with a rather matter-of-fact air, bending briefly over the spitting beast to drive his sword through its gullet before straightening up and dusting his hands. At his feet, the white-furred body convulsed and fell still, a last gurgled obscenity dying in the monster’s throat.

    There was a shout from the woods – looking up, Seth gritted his teeth against the pain in his leg and dug his spurs into his horse’s sides, accelerating into the darkness of the trees. Branches loomed up around him, scratching at his face – he felt one snag in the folds of his mail shirt. The next moment he was falling, tumbling face-down into the frost-preserved leaves of the forest floor – his injured horse slowed to a halt, turning and whickering in confusion at its master’s sudden absence.

    Hearing the thunder of hooves behind it, the last Beastman redoubled its flight, bounding between the trunks like a satyr of Tilean myth – Raffy was a match for it, jinking between the trees with blade bared. As the creature paused to turn around a particularly broad tree, the youth slammed into it from behind, the impact driving it face-first against the gnarled bark – the broadsword’s point lanced forwards, impaling its shoulder and pinning it to the tree. Stepping back, Raffy watched the creature writhe for a moment, before drawing his dagger and driving it hard into the base of the monster’s skull.

    The noise had stopped. Looking back, Raffy saw the figure of Seth, gingerly getting to his feet – the last of the beasts was dead.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Ithelus dropped his weapons and fell to his knees. The blood was too much, the monster's blood, his friends blood, his blood. It pooled on the ground under his arm and-no, he couldn't help it; his stomach emptied itself onto the cold ground. He gasped slightly before jumping blot upright.

    'Illiiya!'


    He ran to the cart and launched himself atop it, moving to her he wrapped his good arm around her shoulders, 'Are you ok? no one hurt you? It's all ok now...' The usual awkwardness of physical contact with her lost to the sheer adrenaline of the past few minutes.
    Last edited by Exeson; 2009-12-15 at 08:01 PM.
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Illiiya Jaelrae

    I'm all right. Illiiya said with a slight shudder, too shaken to recoil from the contact, You... you're hurt. You're all hurt. I... don't know medicine. I... I can't... I don't know how to help you.

    She looked at him helplessly, still shaking, but trying her best to focus on the injuries of her friend and companions rather than the looming sensation of being watched. It would fade... it always faded. Just like it always came back... eventually.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Illiiya doesn't have heal, and I'm pretty sure you can't use it untrained, yes? But unless we know that Lothar does, (I think it's Lothar, right?) she's gonna worry over who will treat them. She'll even try if she can. She's not really flustered by blood and injury... it's the daemonic that haunts her dreams... anything chaos-related will send her into a phobic fit. Or mention of Gavinburough....

    Granted, I'm certain it's a moot point, as Lothar will probably just mention that he's a passable field medic.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

    Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    'It's ok... I'll sort somehting out' He says as he slowly lets go of her. Welcome back awkwardness! He moves to the rest of the group,

    'Any of you who can tie a dressing? I only have one hand.'
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Finally managing to quiet the stamping carthorses, Hans limped over to where Lothar was standing, the coachman favouring the side on which the beastman had gored him.

    “Reckon I owe you lads my thanks,” he said, slowly. “If it weren’t for you, I’d be beast-food right now.”

    Shooting the elves a sideways glance that indicated he did not include them in his appraisal, he nudged the corpse of the Bestigor with the toe of his boot.

    “Beastmen. That puts the lie to it bein’ the Wolf, then. The lost shipments'll be somewhere in these woods, I reckon. And what’s left of the carters.”

    He looked up at the trees.

    “Morr knows what a bunch o’ horn-heads wanted with four wagon-loads of limestone.”

    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to have anyone who’s coming out of the woods hear what Hans just said.
    Last edited by LCP; 2009-12-16 at 07:01 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boston (Northeast USA)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Seth trudged back to the caravan guiding his horse. He looks a bit out of it. When he gets all the way to the carts, he looks around, and the immediacy of the injuries wakes him up. "Hans," he begins, "how much further to Delberz? Even if we can dress these wounds, we all shouldn't be too long without boiled water and a doctor's eye."

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    "Not far now," said the coachman. "We should make the town before nightfall."

    Spoiler
    Show
    It's currently round about noon-ish. It's wintertime, so nightfall is in 4-5 hours.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Another_Poet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Orleans and abroad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Raffy the Sparrowhawk

    Once he's sure the beastman is dead Raffy pulls his sword out of its shoulder, causing it to fall to the ground. Then he grips it by its hair (or head fur) and saws off its head with a long, messy slice. Wiping his blades on its clothing, he comes back to the wagons with a head in one hand, a ruddy sword in the other and a neutral expression on his young face. Lumbering about at well over 6 feet tall, he doesn't exactly look like a youth anymore in this light.

    "We lose anyone?" he asks, looking around. He seems relieved to see the answer is no. "I vote for heading out. Delberz has better doctors than the nighttime chill of the road."

    He'll gather his own belongings and the three heads (or two heads and one pile of head-pieces) which he'll hang from the side of the lead cart. "The other shipments might be worth looking for," he says to no one in particular, "But not on our own, wounded, when it means getting in late. Let's go."

    He takes his spot on the bench of the lead wagon. (He helps clear away the snare line if needed.)
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

    You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

    Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:


    Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    goblinpaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    Blinking the still-trickling blood from his eyes, Lothar leaned down to sever the albino's head even as Hans was thanking them. Exhaustion slowing his every move, he nodded to the wagoner. "Yer welcome, my man. I hate these bloody things. Sod if I know what they'd want with stones, though- I'd put a wager down that they were just after human flesh, with taking stones away as bonus. Maybe they're heaped up 'round a stone as a monument to the Four."

    He stained the creature's fur with his sword before sheathing it and turning to the carts. "The kid's right, though. Best be movin' on. I can wrap your arm there, squire, and I may well do a better job'n some city sawbones as never seen a cleaver-wound in his life. Seen plenty worse in the war- why, once the 'Fishes' had to see off a Norse attack, an' those bastards carry axes the size of both Shallya's tits together. Lemme tell ya all about it on the way back into town."

    Giving the mutant one last kick in the fork for good measure, the former soldier turned to his cart, preparing to move on. After hopping up to the driver's seat and reclaiming his musket, he paused and looked around the ragged group.

    "Where's Jurgen? He still runnin' for home?" Lothar gestured at the wounded squire. "Here, Seth, maybe you and your horse should leg back and grab him? The Drakwald's no place to be alone. He's likely to get eaten."
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2009-12-17 at 03:29 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    LCP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

    "We can take him or leave him for all I care," said Hans, plodding back towards the lead cart. "He din't exactly look too concerned for our health when he legged it."

    Pulling himself up into the driver's seat with a wince, he tore a strip from his sleeve, beginning to bandage the gash in his abdomen where the beastman's horns had struck.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Seth's call, since he's the one with the horse.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •