New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show
    "A horrible business, to be sure," said a minor noble, his eyes continually straying back to the polished metal of the blunderbuss. "But these things happen in the lower town, you know. All these newcomers, making trouble..."

[hr]

All

The last of the guests seeming to have arrived, doors in the sides of the hall opened, and servants began to filter out with various refreshments. The chattering of the great hall died down – the Baron had entered, followed by the Baroness. There could not be a more stark contrast between them: short and wiry, with noticeable streaks of grey in his hair and a lined, shrewd face, Baron von Brucker would have needed to stand on a box to be on a level with his golden-haired, lavishly-dressed young wife. The Baroness looked young enough to be Marius’ sister – Marius’ younger sister.

Stepping up onto a raised dais at the head of the hall, the Baron held up his hands for the attention of the gathering: what conversation had survived his entrance faded, nobles, merchants and priests all turning to hear what he had to say.

“Ladies and gentlemen of Delberz,” he said. His voice, while sharp, lacked the carrying quality to speak in such a large space, and all but the elves had to strain their ears to hear his words. “I have invited you here,” – and there was the tiniest of pauses, implying possibly that it had not been entirely his idea – “to celebrate a happy day for our city. Due to the actions of a few loyal citizens, a band of the most dangerous deviants and enemies of our realm have been stopped, and the work of hundreds of our townsmen preserved from destruction. We owe them our thanks.”

There was polite applause.

“I have called you together so that you may bear witness that we do things properly in Delberz – that we reward those who serve the cause of righteousness.” He cleared his throat. “Even when they come from the most unlikely of quarters.”

He gestured with his hand, and the party found themselves herded smoothly forwards by servants until they were standing before the Baron. They became aware that all eyes were now on them – many of the nobles seemed to be looking at them as if they were creatures in a zoo, finding the presence of such lowly commoners in their midst almost entertaining. The odd whisper and snigger was audible from the back of the crowd.

“In gratitude for your services to the city of Delberz, I am pleased to bestow on you fifty gold crowns – which Lector von Kemperbad has generously agreed to match – as the promised bounty for the destruction of the New Street mutants,” said the Baron, seeming to deliberate for a moment over which of the four was most presentable before handing the heavy purse to Illiiya. He winked. “Don’t spend it all at once.”

Genteel laughter rippled through the crowd – Raffy got the uncomfortable feeling that they were possibly being laughed at. Before they could reply, they were professionally whisked away by the same uniformed servants, snatched out of the limelight before they could embarrass their host. Ithelus found himself back next to Marius, who was watching the proceedings without looking too impressed.

“It was going to be a hundred crowns,” the Captain muttered, in a voice meant only for the two of them, “before he heard the Lector was going to contribute.”

“Now!” exclaimed the Baron, “Please – eat, drink and be merry, as for the morrow, we are safe once more.”

The hubbub of conversation resumed, servants with trays of refreshments slipping effortlessly into the crowd. At that point, a bewigged and powdered footman stepped through the main door, clearing his throat rather self-importantly.

“My lords and ladies –“ he began – a tall figure stepped straight past him into the hall, making the servant stop in the middle of his sentence.
    “I can announce myself, thank you,” said the man, removing his tall, broad-brimmed hat and thrusting it into the servant’s hands. The attention of the assembled company almost instantly fixed on the newcomer.

Clad in a long, black coat, he was quite conspicuously armed, an expensive-looking but functional sword hanging at his belt opposite a heavy flintlock pistol. A brass hammer-sigil hung on a chain around his neck, his hooded, grey eyes surveying the Baron’s guests like a man might evaluate livestock. His sandy hair had thinned over his temples, the odd grey bristle showing in his light-coloured, stubbly beard – nevertheless, he still looked physically fit. As you might expect, from a Witch Hunter.

“Aldric Jagrun, of the Templars of Sigmar,” he said, his strong, harsh voice reaching every corner of the hall. “I believe I am expected.”

A hushed silence fell – broken after a well-timed beat by Lector von Kemperbad emerging from the crowd, extending his hand.
    “Aldric!” he said, as if greeting an old friend. “You have made excellent time.”
    “I have had business in one of the villages on this road,” said Jagrun, by way of explanation. “When I heard the news, I made all haste to be here.” He shook the Lector’s hand. “Let’s hope I’m not too late.”
    “You are welcome in Delberz, sir,” said the Baron, hesitantly trying to take control of the conversation.
    “I wish I could believe so, my lord,” replied the Witch Hunter, stepping forward to look the ruler of the town square in the eye. He raised his voice slightly – projecting to the entire hall. “I am sure, however, that there are those in this city to whom my arrival will be most unwelcome news. Perhaps even in this very chamber.”
    His eyes swept the room, passing over the faces of the wealthy gathering.
    “You have grown lazy, my lords! You have grown idle. The canker of Chaos festers at the heart of your once-great city. Mutation and sorcery stalk your streets.” He met the Baron’s eyes again. “You stand on the very brink of the abyss.”

A man in noble garb spoke up:
    “But - the mutants were caught. I know they’re unpleasant, but two murders are hardly proof of –“
    Four murders,” called the Witch Hunter, not looking round. “Two of which I have witnessed with my own eyes.” He turned on the questioner. “A third body was discovered under the Temple bridge, slaughtered by the same means as the two found this morning. A fourth was found only a few houses away, in an alley. I came here directly from the scene of the crime – the man’s body may still be warm.”

Letting his words sink in, he watched coolly as the questioner did his best to shrink into his boots. “The fourth man was found with his throat cut. The blood had been drained from the wound, and used to paint unholy symbols onto his flesh. Symbols which I know full well to be the mark of a Ruinous Power.” He paused. “Now, sir, will you tell me your city is free from the stink of sorcery?”

Letting silence reign for a few seconds, he nodded.

“You have allowed the followers of the Four to destroy Sigmar’s Temple. They have roamed unchecked for months on end, and they grow bold. I only regret I was not called upon sooner.”

“We will render you assistance in any way we can,” said the Baron, breaking from his dumbfounded silence.

“Thank you, my lord. I will require food and board, here at the castle – and the use of your dungeon. I make no other requests. You may rest assured, these heretics will answer to Sigmar’s justice.”

“Just them?” called a voice – Raffy realised with surprise that it was Maria’s. The Witch Hunter turned, finding her face in the crowd.
    “I suppose you will say that the innocent have nothing to fear,” she said, levelly meeting the man’s gaze.
    “No, my lady” said the Witch Hunter, flatly. “Sometimes, the innocent must suffer so that the guilty may be punished.”

Bowing politely, he was steered away by the Lector, the high priest apparently wanting to introduce the Templar to some local dignitaries. The conversations of the hall resumed, but far less exuberantly than before. The man’s words hung in the air like a death sentence: every merchant and nobleman in the room knew that in the eyes of the Hunters, no man was above suspicion – and suspicion was as good as proof.

OOC: Again, you can choose anyone to approach and speak to, or keep to yourself – either way, let me know.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-04-20 at 12:17 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter came back from the kitchen with a towel in his left hand and a tray of cups filled to the brim with fine red wine in the right. Careful to stay out of Maria's sight, he zigzagged slowly towards Rafale, absent-mindedly handing out cups to anyone who asked. By the time he reached the target of his attention, he had only one cup left. He briefly hesitated at the sight of the young man's blunderbuss (How could the guards let him in with that thing?), but steeled himself; no one would be foolish enough to fire a gun in the middle of an upper class gathering.

So Pieter discreetly approached Rafale from the left and 'accidentally' spilled the cup of wine on the young man's shirt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleight of Hand test to make it look truly accidental. I'm aiming for the shoulder so I can whisper in his ear while pretending to wipe off the stain.

(1d100)[32] (passed)

"Oh, I'm so sorry, good sir!" exclaimed Pieter in a contrite tone. "I... wait, please, I'll take care of this mess right away."

(OOC: Just waiting to see if Rafale reacts in anger or instinct before Pieter gets the chance to explain.)
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-04-20 at 12:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Raffy smolders when the Lector gets the crowd making fun of him and his companions, but takes great interest in the witch-hunter's words. More and more he is sure that these murders were committed by the same person who killed Lily.

He's happy to see wine being passed among the nobles. If they can get drunk enough....

Crash! And then he's soaked in the stuff. Brushing himself off with a look more of shock than irritation, he hears the apology ffrom the servant.

He shakes his head. "No, it's fine," he says, brishing red wine off of his "new" coat. and wringing his scarf. "I was just going to p*ss anyway, I can clean it up..." Before this cartridge falls out of my pants, he thinks, uncomfortable from the chaffing paper tube of powder.

He turns to exit the hall into one of the side-passages.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-04-20 at 01:14 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Damn it, thought Pieter, gritting his teeth, as Rafale walked away.

He strode after his quarry, determined not to let him escape before he had a word with him.

"Sir, let me take you to the castle's laundry," he called helpfully. "It's not far, but they won't let guests enter alone."

OOC: I hadn't realized that LCP had posted before me. Let's say that Pieter was in the kitchen during the Witch Hunter's little speech.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy

Raffy turned and looked at the servant a little more closely.

"You can see I don't have any finery," he says. "It's no problem, really."

If I have to take off my clothes he might see the cartridge... he worries. Suddenly he's paranoid that some unfortuitous bulge might be showing through his britches. What if this servant is actually a guard of some sort? What if he's on to something?

Raffy's posture suddenly becomes a little more defensive. "But thanks for the offer," he says in a cold, wary voice.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Earlier with Raffy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus frowns. 'Us lot?' he asks in an offended tone. 'I was a thief, not an assassin. Sorry mate, but I can't help you there' He pauses, 'But I'll tell you now whatever you have planned for the poison think twice about it, once you go down that road it is very hard, and I mean very hard to get out of it.... Unless you don't intend to...'

Ithelus shows indifference towards the speech, although at the mention of 100 gold crowns his eyes light up considerably. At Marius's words he chuckles slightly, 'For all the pomp he is no different to a lowly barman'

He takes a long swig from the brandy and turns to Illiiya, 'I want to go speak with the witch hunter, it might be best for you to just wait with the Captain, I won't be long lovely...' he pauses before moving closer to her he gives her a tight hug, fueled by a mix of the alcohol and Raffy's earlier words. 'I'm sorry for leaving you so much recently, I won't be long' He lingered in the hug slightly before reluctantly breaking off and stalking up to the Witch Hunter.

'Excuse me, um sir, My name is Ithelus, I just want to say that I investigated one of the murders this morning and well, please find the bastard who did it. Sir, it was horrible.'
    Last edited by Exeson; 2010-04-20 at 05:09 PM.
    Sigatar by Me

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Ithelus

Spoiler
    Show
    Turning at the elf's words, the Witch Hunter met Ithelus' eyes - the man's calm, unblinking gaze made him feel like a butterfly pinned to a board. Behind him, the Lector took a moment or two to notice Ithelus' arrival - a look of momentary irritation crossed his face and vanished in a flash, the priest turning to face both of them.

"Ah - Aldric, this is one of the gentlemen who discovered the mutants."
    "Really?" said Jagrun, not taking his eyes off Ithelus. His voice was level, his face inscrutable. "You are to be congratulated. Many a promising career among our own order has started the same way."

Holding out a gloved hand to shake Ithelus', he nodded. "I give you my word that the heretics responsible will be run to ground. The tools of magic cannot be hidden from me." He gave a faint smile.

"As a matter of fact, I will wish to question you and your friends regarding your discoveries. Tomorrow, at sunrise." The man's tone did not leave much space to interpret his words as a request. "I believe the Baron will make accommodation for me here. The guards will show you the way."
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-04-20 at 04:27 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: LCP, any chance Raffy could find anything in the chemist's cart himself? Something labeled as poison, or commonly recognised as deadly like arsenic?

If needed, my Search skill is 30.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter

Oh, enough with subtlety, it's not getting me anywhere.

"Mister Rafale," Pieter said urgently, just loud enough to be heard by the man with the blunderbuss. "We need to talk about the mutants and a few other things." His eyes darted to the nearest exit. "Elsewhere, of course."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Raffy looks up sharply, surprised to be called by his full name. He recovers quickly and motions toward the door. His hand rests on his sword hilt, and he nods.

"After you," he says. He follows the servant out of the hall to some convenient alcove.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lothar found himself back in the region around the High Priest of Ulric, Geberic. He frowned and stroked his beard. "Well. A Templar. Your opinion, Father? On the sorceries?"
    Games:

[WFRP] Ill Met By Morrslieb, as the increasingly-scarred Lothar Fischer.

[WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart, reprising Lothar Fischer.

[WFRP] The Hour After Midnight as Lothar Fischer, former soldier.

=

January 19-25 2014 is GOBLIN WEEK!

I did writings for it! Read them here!

=

sext: take my hand as the bombs fall. we will engrave our affectionate shadows on the walls in dush and ash, to last a thousand years. [my twitter]

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter

Pieter leaned against the wall of the alcove.

"I saw you at the meeting of the Society," murmured the initiate hurriedly. "My name's Pieter, and I -and the Society- wish to help you and your friends. I believe we have a common enemy in the Hounds: neither of us wants those fanatics to use the current troubles as justification to oppress innocents." He displayed his magpie pendant. "I serve the Trickster. And I feel it is my duty to stop the Hounds' madness by whatever means it takes. The first step is to make sure they don't have any bones to gnaw on."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-09-21 at 07:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Illiiya's frightened demeanor while she was paraded up before the crowd made her all the more laughable to the crowd, most certainly... and she all but flinched as she was handed the sack of coin. She looked at it uncertainly, not even sure what she was to do with it as they shuffled her again out of the spotlight. She was grateful for that, at least.

Just as she was about to hand the bag to Ithelus, the new entry to the party arrived, and Illiiya froze like a rabbit sensing a predator about. She found herself unwilling to speak, as if that would somewhat draw his attention... even moreso as the man spoke aloud of his intention to root out the horrid sorcerer to blame for this madness... and that it may even be present in the room.

Illiiya reached out for Ithelus' arm, only for him to tell her to stay put so he could speak to the man. She barely manged to squeek out a protest that went unheard as he left her by Marius to go and walk directly towards the Witch Hunter. She paled as she watched him, backing towards Marius.

No... no no no... She muttered to herself, M-mister Marius, help him. He's going to get blamed for this. We're always guilty to the hunters.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Just waiting on an answer to whether I found poison before I answer Pieter.

Quote Originally Posted by Another_Poet View Post
    OOC: LCP, any chance Raffy could find anything in the chemist's cart himself? Something labeled as poison, or commonly recognised as deadly like arsenic?

If needed, my Search skill is 30.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    Marius only watched, seeming almost as agitated as Illiiya.

“I can’t exactly just pull him away,” he hissed, his eyes still on Ithelus. “It’d look suspicious.”

He shook his head.

“What is he doing?

[hr]

Lothar

Spoiler
    Show
    ”Me? I haven’t seen these bodies. I have no opinion,” he said, flatly. His eyes strayed to the Witch Hunter’s distant back. “We’ll have to see whether this Templar gets results... or whether he just sets up shop, like the Hounds.”
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

16. - Top - End - #796

"Aye, true enough. Uh. Well, if you would please excuse me, Father- I had best greet Captain von Brucker. 'Tis a pleasure." Lothar again salutes the Ulrican priest, slipping into the crowd.

Best not leave Illiiya alone too long, even with the good captain. What is Ithelus doing? And by Sigmar's brass hammer, where is Raffy? Damn his eyes, he better not do anything rash...
    Games:

=

=

sext: take my hand as the bombs fall. we will engrave our affectionate shadows on the walls in dush and ash, to last a thousand years. [my twitter]

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Raffy is still wary, but he relaxes a little. Thinking about it, the man's face does seem a little familiar...

"Arright Pieter, so what ddo you propose?"

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

"As much help as I can give," answered Pieter with a shrug. "Think you can introduce me to your friends?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy

"Look, you might not want to be associated with them right now," he says, getting impatient. "I gotta go do something for the Hounds myself... or for their Lector anyway."

It Pieter is the perceptive type, he might see Raffy's eyes flicker to his gun briefly.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Another_Poet View Post
    If Pieter is the perceptive type, he might see Raffy's eyes flicker to his gun briefly.
    Let's make it a Perception test. Target 47.

(1d100)[3] (easily passed)

Pieter grew nervous.

"Um... just... be careful around the Hounds, okay?" he said uncomfortably. "Is there a place where I can meet your friends after this party? An inn or something?"
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-04-21 at 02:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

"What do you want? You just want to help us investigate the murders?"

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, that's it." Pieter nodded. "I can make myself useful. Not to brag or anything, but I wield a certain amount of authority among the common folks and I know quite a few useful people in this town. I can understand if you don't trust me right away, but it would be a mistake to turn down my help."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Illiiya looked over helplessly, her hands clenched so tightly around the sack of coin in her hands that her knuckles turned white. She did not want to see Ithelus hurt... but she knew if she approached that man, that he would know. Somehow, he would know.

He's going to get in trouble. She muttered, eyes fixed on him, He's going to get hurt.

Nervously, Illiiya looked around for her companions. One of them could help her.... they had to! She spied Lothar moving about towards her, and quickly slipped to him, trying her best to ignore the other people around her.

Lothar, you have to help. She said in hushed panic, Ithelus is talking to the hunter. T-they're going to burn him! They hate us, so much...
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

24. - Top - End - #804

Lothar smiled and nodded at those around him as he took Illiiya by the arm and steered her back toward Marius. "Ith'll be fine, long as he doesn't do anything stupid," he whispered. "We can see him from here; the 'Hunter tries something and I'll head right over and see what's what."

He nodded to Marius when they returned. "Cap'n. You know what Illiiya's brother's doing, talking to Herr Jagrun?"
    Games:

=

=

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Lothar & Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    Marius shook his head, still gazing at Ithelus and the Sigmarites. "Not a clue," he said, darkly.

Turning to Lothar and Illiiya, he lowered his voice, motioning them over to one side where they could not be easily overheard.

“Listen – what you told me about... yourself, today," he said, looking at Illiiya. "You must not tell that man. It sounds like he’s a real Templar, not some self-appointed joke from the provinces.” He looked over his shoulder to make sure they weren’t being listened in on. “There are men in his Order who’ve burned genuine College wizards when they could get away with it. Usually an elf would be exempt, but as far as I can tell you have no-one to protect you - no mentor, no papers. The letter of the law means nothing to them. Do you understand?”

Waiting for confirmation, Marius nodded and turned his eyes back to the Witch Hunter, as if wanting to make sure the man had not crept up behind them in the meantime.

“Good. We didn’t have this conversation. You never told me anything. Not that there’s anything to tell." He looked over at Ithelus. "I can only hope that Ithelus understands that too."
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-04-22 at 04:10 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Illiiya nodded fearfully at Marius. She knew full well about how little it took for an elf to be guilty in the human lands.... and a sorcerer even more so.

A-All right. I just don't want him to get hurt. She said nervously, looking to Lothar, And everyone else just... l-left. I'm glad you came back. I'm not good... by myself.

27. - Top - End - #807

Lothar frowned, looking from Marius to Illiiya. "No, you aren't. You have those...funny turns we didn't talk to the captain about. Good thing, too, because it'd be blink luck that he turns out such a nice chap." The soldier fidgeted with his cuffs, clearly uneasy- although whether it was the new fancy clothing or the situation was unclear.

"It makes me wonder what Ith is thinkin', wanderin' off like that." He suddenly seemed to recollect himself and turned to Marius. "Obviously you don't know the Templar, Cap'n. You know who might? I mean... this is more your circle than ours, by a bit." The soldier paused. Uhh... should I ask? I mean, he's a captain and I'm a soldier...but then-- ah, screw it. "Uh... if I c'n ask- why are you standing with us lot? Surely the Captain o' the Guard and the Baron's Son has better friends than a Nordland soldier and an elf."

The soldier reached out and plucked the sleeve of a passing servant, collecting some wine for himself and his mismatched conversational companions. He drank from it a little fast.
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2010-04-22 at 07:02 AM.
    Games:

=

=

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Illiiya quietly refused a glass of wine, still watching Ithelus and the witch hunter nervously. As if she expected any minute the man would unhinge his jaw and swallow her friend whole.

I'm... trying to be better. She said softly, I feel better with people around... um... s-sometimes. But lately, Ithelus has been really busy. I.. I think he's tired... of watching me. And then we got here, and everyone left. I still don't know where Raffy went.

But y-you're here. Thank you. She said, shifting her weight nervously, and inching closer to Lothar. So what... are we supposed to do?

29. - Top - End - #809

The soldier shrugged at his elven friend's refusal of wine, and kept it for himself. (Look, they don't cover 'wine etiquette' in 'Which End to Hold a Sword by, You Worthless Dogs' class.) "Do? I have no da-- uh, dang clue. Ith should be bright enough to stay quiet, and if Herr Jagrun decides he wants to ask him some questions in private, we can follow."

Lothar nudged Illiiya gently with his arm. "'S gonna be alright, Ill. We just get through tonight nice and quietly and we c'n look for the murderous witch tomorrow." He drained his glass of wine.

"Somethin' to look forward to," he muttered.

"Wait." He looked up and Illiiya. "What do you mean- that is- where is our resident bounty hunter? We oughta stick together." He stood taller in his freshly scrubbed boots, peering over the crowded room. "Where is Mari-- ah, M'lady Samtzunge? He might be with the Society crowd."
    Games:

=

=

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Still away from the hall with Pieter, Raffy nods his head. "You can earn my trust real quick like," he begins. If his voice wasn't low enough before, he lowers it even more now. "I'm--we're--going to need to make a quick exit pretty soon. If you go spend some time by the gate, you could stop the soldiers from shutting it on me before I get out."

If Pieter wants to know why he would trust him with that, he is blunt: "Cuz with no-one down there, I'm gonna die. And if you betray me, I'm gonna die. So I got nothing to lose, and on the off-chance you actually care about justice, you'll keep that gate open, eh?"

((OOC: Please god someone stop me))