Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

Ithelus and Illiiya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus clambers out of the hole, and then turns round and offers his hand to help up the ones behind him, his other hand with a finger over his lips, indicating silence. 'Looks to me like whoever owns this building is conspiring with the mutants, sir.' he says to Marius in a hushed tone once everyone is through. He moves over the the door and tries the handle slightly, to see if it is locked.
    Sigatar by Me

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Ithelus & Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    Marius nodded – taking a torch from one of his subordinates, Halbermann investigated the dark corners and crannies of the cellar, checking that they were truly alone. The torchlight revealed no hidden lurkers in the shadows – although it did show up quite how muddy they had become in their upward crawl.

Testing the trapdoor, Ithelus found it unlocked. There were no particular sounds from the other side.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

The Two Elves
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus nods at the others and as quietly as possible he opens the trapdoor just enough to see through. If no obvious threats pose themselves he will open it fully and clamber through.
    Sigatar by Me

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

The Two Elves

Spoiler
    Show
    Peering slowly up through the trapdoor, Ithelus found himself looking into the ground floor of a rather shoddily-kept house: a rickety staircase led up to higher floors on the left, while around him, a clutter of household objects burdened almost every surface, mostly in a pretty poor state of cleanliness.

Slumped in a stuffed chair from which the straw was beginning to leak, a jowly man with a bristly chin and a pot belly was slumbering, oblivious to the elf emerging through his floor. There was something familiar about the room and the sleeping man – after a moment or two, Ithelus realised what it was. This was one of the houses in Helstrum’s Ward – the address Maria had given them when they were looking for Puderbrand. The man in the chair was the landlord, who had told them that Puderbrand had left.

OOC: If you need a reminder, here’s the link.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

The two elves
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus motions for the men below to be quiet and to follow. He then gently pads over to behind the Landlord and places the sickle against the man's neck, the curve of the blade a rather disturbing match for the shape of the man's throat. His other hand snakes over the Landlord's mouth as he mutters 'Wakey, wakey' into the man's ear.
    Sigatar by Me

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy, Pieter & Lothar

Spoiler
    Show
    Raffy’s improvised grenade scattered the pack on Pieter’s heels in a sudden cloud of smoke, the pitch of the rats’ chattering changing as one of them ran out of the sulphurous fog with its fur alight, rolling frantically against the damp mud of the tunnel floor. Taking the opportunity, Pieter sprinted back up the tunnel, Raffy following suit as Lothar ran for the opening they had created. The swarm was right on his heels – the soldier howled in pain as one of the larger rodents sank its teeth into his calf, kicking it free and charging towards the dispersing wall of gunsmoke ahead.

[hr]

Ithelus

Spoiler
    Show
    The corpulent man blinked his eyes, swimming hazily back into consciousness: his eyes widened suddenly as he felt the metal of the sickle against his throat. He froze in place.

Mmmf!” came his cry of alarm through Ithelus’ fingers – his eyes slid sideways as Halbermann began to pull himself up through the trapdoor, the sergeant stopping as he saw Ithelus and his captive.

“Oho,” said the sergeant, straightening up. “What do we have here, then?”
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus and Illiiya
    Spoiler
    Show
    'He's the landlord of the place where Puderbrand used to live. We can and talked to him when we were chasing down the mutants.' Ithelus says in a hushed tone. He then slowly takes his hand away from the landlord's mouth. 'Now, you are going to very calmly and quietly tell us if there is anyone in the building, or I might trip up.' as an afterthought he turn the Halbermann, 'Got any rope or cuffs?'
    Sigatar by Me

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy, Lothar & Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    Accelerating back into his wild flight up the tunnel, Raffy gained on Pieter with surprising speed - behind him, Lothar barrelled through the dazed rats that had been pursuing the initiate, the roiling tidal wave of rodents on his heels swallowing them up as an ocean swallows raindrops.

Eyes flashing redly in the gloom, rats were leaping clear of the leading edge of the swarm, clinging to the soldier with claws and teeth as he ran. Flailing his arms, Lothar did his best not to lose his grip on his weapons as he tried to strike the biting, scratching vermin off him - the movement only slowed him down, more rats latching onto his shins and scurrying up his pounding legs. Sharp teeth broke his skin, gnawing through the boiled leather of his old regimental armour...

[hr]

Ithelus & Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    "J - just my lodger's wife, Bathilde, upstairs" quavered the landlord, his eyes fixed unwaveringly on the blade of the sickle. "...How did you get in here? Are you still looking for that man? I thought - I thought I heard you found 'im..."

"Enough o' them questions, mister," said Halbermann, helping the last of his Hounds out of the hole in the floor. "Gantz, shackle him. The rest of you lads, search the place. I want it turned inside-out, d'you hear?"

The militiamen set to their sergeant's instructions with a will. Rising up from the cellar with Illiiya in tow, Marius looked around rather circumspectly at his surroundings. His eyes alighted on the captive landlord.

"Did I hear you say you'd met this man before?" he said, turning to Ithelus.

Illiiya
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cloying sensations of the tunnel dissipated up here - she knew they were waiting down there, seething in the dark spaces beneath the earth, but in this house, the Winds seemed normal.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya + Ithelus

Spoiler
    Show
    Illiiya crawled up from the caverns eagerly, happy to be free of the crushing embrace of the earth. The place seemed less looming her. She wondered if this man even know what he lived over.

We didn't find them... She told Marius with worry in her voice, What if they're still trapped down there, behind that spot we couldn't reach? Sir.... they could all be killed.

If you hadn't been such a coward... you might have saved them. If you weren't such a weak wretch, you could have saved them all.

Shut up She muttered under her breath to no one in particular, before continuing on. By the time he talks... they might be... Please sir, there has to be something more we can do.

Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ettin in the Playground

In Nimh

Spoiler
    Show

Raffy swivels mid-stride and yells.

"Lothar, RUN FOR IT or I'm taking you out with 'em! EAT LEAD you SORCEROUS RATS!"

He then pauses for a pace to level his 'bluss.

Hopefully, Lothar keeps running and the rats scatter. Regardless, two seconds later Raffy resumes running without firing a shot... 'cuz he doesn't have one.

I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Lothar, Raffy and Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    The rats were utterly unheeding of the threat of the blunderbuss, surging forwards in a squealing, frenzied mass as Lothar put on a desperate burst of speed. Twisting as he fled, Lothar managed to block a trio of leaping vermin with the flat of his shield – falling back into the furry tide, the brained rodents vanished beneath the rushing torrent of their brethren.

Up ahead, Pieter had not slowed for a moment, the gap between himself and Raffy widening by the second – up ahead, he could see the damp-riddled planking of the tunnel entrance looming out of the gloom. The stink of the sewers wafted through its open door...

[hr]

Ithelus & Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    Marius looked sideways at Illiiya.

“Do you know another way in? It would take days to dig through that obstruction.”
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-07-12 at 05:25 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus and Illiiya
    Spoiler
    Show
    'Yes sir, Puderbrand used to be a tennent of his. I'm very willing to believe that he is innocent sir, but we should take all precautions.' He removed his weapon once the shackles were in place. 'Sir, there is apparently another way in, through the sewers by Altmarket. Problem is we don't know exactly which one or which way to go. They might have marked it though...'
    Sigatar by Me

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Ithelus and Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    Marius looked around the pack of Hounds they had with them.

“We don’t have the manpower to search the sewers in any reasonable time,” he said, reluctantly. “I can’t afford to take the guards off-duty tonight. If the killer strikes again, we’d be crucified.” He paused. “Your friends are capable men – they dealt with Puderbrand alone. I think they can take care of themselves.”

“Please,” bleated the man in the corner, even as the Hounds were shackling his wrists. “I – I’ve done nothin’ wrong!” His eyes alighted imploringly on Marius and the elves. “I don’t understand –“

Turning the key in the manacles that held the man’s hands behind his back, the Hound Gantz stepped back, looking up at Halbermann – the sergeant nodded, and with a startling suddenness, struck the suspect hard across the face, dropping him to the floor. Blood running from his nose, the landlord writhed on the floor, gasping up at the newcomers to his house: Halbermann cracked his knuckles with a rather casual air, looking at Marius.

“Sorry ‘bout him, mister Captain, sir. It’s terrible annoyin’ when they run their mouths, ain’t it.” Bending his knees, he dragged the man back onto his feet, two Hounds taking hold of him as he struggled in the sergeant’s grip.
    “You... you can’t do this... I’m an honest man...” he spluttered, weakly. Halbermann grinned through his dirty yellow beard.
    “Well, ain’t that just what a dishonest man would say. I think we oughter find out for ourselves, don’t you?” His voice took on a more serious tone. “What’s your name?”
    “G - Gunther Drosse.”
    “Well, G-Gunther, you can consider yourself in the custody of the Hounds, for crimes against the will of Sigmar.”
    “Stop this at once,” snapped Marius, stepping forwards – the heads of the assembled Hounds turned to follow him as one, making Ithelus rather suddenly aware of how badly outnumbered they were.
    “Unhand him,” snarled the Captain.
    “But he’s a heretic, your honour,” said the sergeant, all innocence. “I’m thinkin’ we should be thankin’ you heartily, actually. If it weren’t for your polite request, we might never have found this heretical scumbag here.”
    Nothing has been proving against this man.”
    “Yet,” replied Halbermann, cheerily. “I dare say my lads are goin’ to find plenty, though. Looks pretty simple to me. Blubber-cheeks here was in cahoots with that changelin’ your boys rooted out, helpin’ him dig his tunnels. That’s prob’ly how they’re gettin’ in places to do their murdering. There’s probably more of ‘em out there, using this arse-wipe’s cellar as their front door. We’ll redouble our searchin’ right away.” He slapped the captive hard on the shoulder. “Not that it matters much. I’m sure he’ll squeal on his mates for us real quick, as soon as the Hunter gets to work on him.”
    “I’m innocent!” yelled the man, struggling helplessly.
    “That’s what they all say,” said Halbermann, conversationally. “Well, when they don’t say ‘aargh’. Take him away, lads.”
    “He is in the custody of the Guard,” said Marius, hurriedly.
    Putting his tongue in his cheek, Halbermann looked around the room.
    “Can’t see any guards here, Captain. Got some Hounds, though. Got five Hounds. Plus meself.” He grinned again. “We’ll be taking him.”

“Sarge!” came a shout from upstairs. “There’s a woman up here!”
    “Take her too,” called back Halbermann. He looked back to Marius and the elves. “If you ladies and gentlemen want to be on your way, we’ll ‘andle things from here.” His eyes fixed on Illiiya, and he winked. “Wouldn’t want to stop you looking for your friends, eh?”
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Underground

Spoiler
    Show
    Almost there. Just a few yards left.

Pieter threw a quick glance over his shoulder.

Is Rafale trying to threaten rats with a blunderbuss? Gods, if he gets eaten alive, I'm not taking the blame.

OOC: As soon as Pieter reaches the sewers, he'll wait for the others and stay ready to close the doors in front of the rats.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-07-12 at 10:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy, Lothar & Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    Reaching the exit, Pieter scrambled through, his boots splashing down into the muck of the sewer on the other side: Raffy was hot on his heels, blunderbuss in one hand and lamp in the other. Turning as he made the end of the tunnel, he stared back into the blackness, where the frantically running silhouette of Lothar was approaching quickly at the head of a breaking wave of reddened, glittering eyes.

“Lothar! Look out!” shouted the bounty hunter, drawing the lamp back and hurling it overarm into the dark – the soldier ducked, twisting to one side to avoid the glowing projectile as it soared into the swarm. The lantern smashed with a crash of glass and metal, its reserves of lamp-oil igniting in a brief blossom of flame – vermin scattered squeaking from the impact, momentarily delaying their pursuit.

Now, however, they were without a light. In the gloom of the sewer, all they could hear was the pounding of Lothar’s boots drawing closer, and the crescendoing chittering of the oncoming swarm...
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

Underground with Raff and the Runaway Two
    Spoiler
    Show

When Raffy reaches the end of the tunnel he grabs a handful of shot and shoves it into the bell of his 'buss. Since he already loaded the powder earlier, he just has to ram it and add the matchcord to be ready to blast the rats again.... (2/3 actions complete)

If the lamp explosion + Pieter's shutting of the door seems to delay the rats a few seconds longer, he completes the priming (3/3 actions complete).

"Get that grate open!" he yells to the others.

((am I locked & loaded?))
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

((double post))

Raffy and Co

Spoiler
    Show

Since Raffy is loaded, he uses his nightvision to keep an eye on the wooden door while the others stumble to the ladder. "Move it," he hisses.

If one or two rats scramble between the boards he won't fire. But once the entire swarm starts spilling through, he will fire his last blast (out of powder). He lets them start to get away from the door so he doesn't have to blow the door to bits when he fires.

The 'buss resouds through the sewer like three kinds of thunder, probably alerting a few people topside that something is not right below.

((3 dmg))

Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-07-12 at 11:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Raffy, Lothar & Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    The rats snapping at his ankles, Lothar put on a last burst of speed, sprinting for the circle of grey in the blackness ahead that marked the exit to the sewer. As the soldier came tumbling through, Pieter slammed the door shut behind him – the sliding planks began to shudder and jump as the swarm struck the other side, their muted squeaking of the furry horde filling the reeking sewer with its noise. A lone rat that had made it through before the sealing of the tunnel door chittered madly at the trio, before realising how the tables had turned and fleeing into the darkness.

Picking himself up out of the filth of the sewer floor, Lothar checked his limbs – rat-bitten, but still in one piece. Behind him, Raffy had finished loading his blunderbuss: in the shadows far to their left, the black outline of the ladder to the surface was just visible, what light there was filtering in around the circumference of the circular drain-cover through which they had first descended.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-07-12 at 11:21 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    "Gods, what was that?" breathed Pieter. "It's like they were... waiting for us."

Trembling violently, he slid his dagger back in its sheath and stumbled toward the ladder.

"Let's get out, 'kay? I hate this place."

But he was certainly going to apologize to the others for bringing them here. One way or another, he would free those slaves, rats or no rats. Not tonight, though. Tonight he needed to rest. Dimly, he started to notice that he was bleeding profusely from several wounds.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-07-12 at 11:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy

Spoiler
    Show

"Stop talking and GO!"

Raffy stays his ground, preparing to fire on the rats when they inevitably spill over, under, around or through the door.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Spoiler
    Show
    Illiiya didn't flinch from the hound's gaze. Rather unusual for her.

Ignorant scum... all bluster and arrogance and baseless pride. You're a small fish pretending to be a shark.

A few minutes ago you were ready to leave the tunnels and call everything to a close. Now you're convinced this man is guilty? She told him with a narrow-eyed glare, Why don't you leave the thinking to Sir Marius. He will call you if he needs thugs.

She turned back to Ithelus with a worried expression.

I'm worried about everyone... but... I don't know where they'll be. She said, I don't know what else we can do... aside from hope they get out. Please.... if you can think of anything....
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus and Illiiya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus's eyes narrowed. 'Halbermann, I would like to remind you that if you take this man away against his will you will be tried for kidnapping. Your Hounds have no official power by the word of the law. Indeed you are glorified vigilantes.' He paused, 'Now, you outnumber us greatly so we can't stop you but if you do, know that you will be a marked man.' He cocked his head. 'Go on, give me the excuse I've been looking for.'

He turns to Illiiya, 'I guess we will have to search ourselves. Let us pray they can look after each other... But first let me search the building, so that I can support the testimony of the Hounds if any charges are brought against him.'
    Sigatar by Me

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Another_Poet View Post
    "Stop talking and GO!"

Raffy stays his ground, preparing to fire on the rats when they inevitably spill over, under, around or through the door.
    Pieter sighed. If only that boy were brave when it truly mattered, not just when it looked dramatic. 1

"You try too hard, kid. We're out of here now."

He climbed up the ladder and pushed the drain cover.

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Again, this is only Pieter's opinion of Raffy and isn't intended as a criticism of the way Poet plays.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-07-12 at 05:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Ithelus & Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    "A few minutes ago you were ready to leave the tunnels and call everything to a close. Now you're convinced this man is guilty?" She told him with a narrow-eyed glare, "Why don't you leave the thinking to Sir Marius. He will call you if he needs thugs."
    Halbermann blinked, caught off-balance by Illiiya’s cutting words.

“Din’t she used to be all quiet?” he said. He glanced at Ithelus. “You ought’ve kept her that way.”

Ithelus's eyes narrowed. 'Halbermann, I would like to remind you that if you take this man away against his will you will be tried for kidnapping. Your Hounds have no official power by the word of the law. Indeed you are glorified vigilantes.' He paused, 'Now, you outnumber us greatly so we can't stop you but if you do, know that you will be a marked man.' He cocked his head. 'Go on, give me the excuse I've been looking for.'
    “Kidnapping?” Halbermann gave a snorting laugh. “I’d give that mouth a rest, elf. You’re embarrassing the Captain.” He slapped Drosse on the shoulder again. “We’re takin’ this suspect for questionin’ with Mr Jagrun, and if you think that’s against the law, you can take it up with the Templars.” Grinning like a cat, he slid his eyes slyly sideways to Marius. “’Course, they might not take kindly to a bunch o’ jumped-up watchmen tryin’ to tell them their business, but what would I know. I’m just a lowly sergeant.”

Marius clenched his jaw, but said nothing: the Captain’s chagrined silence attested to the truth of the militiaman’s words. Taking Drosse by the elbows, two of the Hounds pulled the pale-faced landlord away, leaving the house through the front door. From somewhere overhead, the sound of a raised female voice became audible – another Hound was frog-marching an angry-looking peasant woman with a short crop of red hair down the stairs.

“This one was in the room upstairs, sarge,” said the militiaman in question. Halbermann nodded.
    “Leave her with Gantz and Gulli, Markus. They’ll take her back with the fat one. Then you get back to searchin’ this place.”
    Nodding, the sergeant’s subordinate marched the woman outside, returning quickly and setting to ransacking the house with the others who had stayed behind. Still standing before them, Halbermann looked back at Marius.

“It’s gotten dark, sir. Maybe you ought to be gettin’ back to the Guard House? Got a killer to catch, after all?” The man flashed his teeth again. “If your elves want to stay here, we’ll look after ‘em.”

Marius did not dignify the sergeant’s words with a response; however, he gave Ithelus and Illiiya a significant glance. The Captain clearly did not wish to stay – but it was also clear that he did not want to leave his agents in the hands of the Hounds. He was waiting for one of them to give him a cue...

[hr]

Raffy, Pieter & Lothar

Spoiler
    Show
    As his hands touched the rungs of the ladder, Pieter felt a change in the muffled sound of the swarm - the others clearly heard it too, Lothar's head turning as it echoed between the crumbling walls of the sewer.

The noise was not only coming from behind the tunnel door. There was a faint squeaking and scuttling rising from the darkness to either side of them, approaching through the shadows that cloaked the ends of the sewer passage. The sound of distant rats - coming closer.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-07-12 at 05:43 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    Pieter closed his eyes. He was too tired to be afraid or surprised. All he felt now was bitter, weary resignation.

"Oh please, let this be a nightmare."

He hurried up the ladder and pushed the cover.

"Out," he barked at the others, "now."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-07-12 at 05:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus frowned, this was not doing anything to reinforce his already fragile faith in the law. 'Captain, do you want me to search this building or are you confident with an assessment by one of Halberman's men?' The implication is heavy, but part of Ithelus is wavering. His friends are still out there somewhere, and well... Halbermann can be dealt with later.
    Sigatar by Me

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Ithelus & Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    "I trust the sergeant and his men about as far as I can throw them," said Marius flatly, not bothering with the pretence of civility that Halbermann had been indulging in towards him. Pausing, he seemed to consider his options.

"Stay here and partake in the search," he nodded. "I will take your report tomorrow." The Captain looked pointedly at Halbermann. "And I will expect it to be regular in every detail."

He glanced at Illiiya.

"Will you stay here?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

I+I
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus nodded and set off on his task. His mind wondered slightly, the Hounds were becoming a problem, more of a problem. He was due to see Kliener tomorrow, perhaps a solution could be worked out... Nothing as drastic as assassination, just something to put them in their place.
    Sigatar by Me

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Pieter

Spoiler
    Show
    The initiate was the first to scramble out of the sewers. As soon as Raffy was out, he slammed the cover back in place and allowed himself a deep breath of fresh air.

"We made it... we made it..."

He remained silent for a moment, eyes closed as if pondering something, then suddenly collapsed in a fit of hysterical laughter. It took him a full minute to regain control of himself.

"Sorry, sorry... Couldn't help it. Anyone needs healing?"
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-07-12 at 07:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ettin in the Playground

Breath of Fresh Air

Spoiler
    Show
    Raffy follows the others up the ladder.

As Pieter moves to seal the hatch, he looks back down. If the swarm appears in the spot of light below, he motions for Pieter to stop and fires his long-awaited final 'bluss blast at them. Then they hurriedly re-seal the hatch and run for it.