New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus cringes slightly. This is why he should not do diplomacy. 'I apologize for question.' He inclines his head in an apologetic motion. He then picks up the glass and takes it to Illiiya. 'Drink it? it will burn on the way down but it will help you. He is not the kind of man to give ill to others.'
    Last edited by Exeson; 2009-12-20 at 07:39 PM.
    Sigatar by Me

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show

Raffy breaks his silence as the doctor snaps at Lothar.

"We're not guards," he says flatly. "And we're not here to disturb your business or your patients."

He pauses a moment to let the doctor absorb that. "We're nobodies. We came from nowhere, we were asked us to make sure no one and nothing else will be blown up, and once we've made quite sure of it, we'll be gone just as quickly."

He puts a ginger hand on his own head wound, not nearly as bad as the others'. "We've already taken a bit of a beating for it, but truth is, we're on a sort of timeline. I don't think it'll be long before this whole refugee and Hound situation goes wildfire. And when it does, whoever's sitting on that shipment of gunpowder is gonna have a real easy time getting it in place wherever they want to."

Another pause.

"So aye, the address would be helpful. And so would any other information you're able to give without disrespect to your patients."

I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Doctor

Spoiler
    Show
    Lothar winced as Doctor Rasen approached him. "Ah, doc, I'm glad for the kind words about my bandaging, but I'd really like a glass of what you gave the elf before you start stitching my head. I mean, if it's all the same."

He licked his lips. "You ought t' know that we got these marks fighting the Children, a few hours north, if that'll help your leechcraft." He hesitated, watching the Doctor's hands -and the sharp, sharp needle. "Cap'n Brucker's hired us on as a sort of extension of that kind of work, if you see my meaning- we aren't attached to the guard permanently. More like those little cleaning fish some sharks have, helpin' out and getting a bit on the side, but a totally different--"

He paused, and grinned. "Totally different kettle of fish, if you like."
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2009-12-21 at 06:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Doctor's

Spoiler
    Show
    Rasen raised an eyebrow. Reaching for the bottle, he poured Lothar a small measure, going back to his instruments as the soldier knocked it back.

“Alright, then. I... apologise if I was curt with you. One moment please.”

Turning back to Lothar, his face took on an expression of intense concentration – the ex-soldier winced as the needle threaded through the torn skin of his scalp, the doctor’s hands working with quick, delicate movements to thread the stitches back and forth. When he was done, he broke the thread, tying it off and cleaning the wound a second time before stepping back.

“Both of you should be alright, if you take care,” he said. “Which means no heavy lifting for you, sir,” – looking at Ithelus, then back to Lothar – “and not much else for you, provided you don’t decide to go around headbutting people.”

He gestured for Raffy to come over, inspecting the cut on the man’s temple.

“That seems to be healing nicely. Not much I ought to do, except clean it. Hold still.”

Wetting a clean corner of the cloth, he dabbed along the length of the half-clotted gash. Putting down the bloodstained rag, he ran his eyes over the group and nodded.

“All right then. The address was at number thirty-six Faulkes street, off the New Road. I didn’t meet the landlord. There were three men, dressed rather strangely – still wearing their heavy-weather clothes, though I suppose it was fairly cold in the cellar. The one who seemed to be in charge had an old powder-burn down the side of his face, and favoured his left arm, holding it out of sight. Maybe war wounded. Dressed like a commoner, but he could pay better than most.”

“That’s all I know. It didn’t look like they had a ‘shipment’ down there... whatever they’d had had gone up in the accident, and it had only burnt one of them. They’re probably long gone now, but if you do find them, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t let on it was me who told you.”

He paused.

“Give my regards to Marius, if you would. And if you’ll take a word of advice from an old sawbones, I wouldn’t stay around here if I was new in town. Try to get lodgings in the old town, if you can. The squalor and overcrowding are getting dangerous, especially around the Fields. I’ve lived through two plagues in my time, and I’ve never seen the rats so many or so bold as they are now. In winter, as well. There’s a sickness that a few people in the west side have come down with recently that I’m particularly concerned about. All in the same neighbourhood, and very quick it’s been too.”

He began tidying his instruments onto the tray, pulling a wooden bucket from under the table – seeing it was empty of water, he sighed.

“Maybe I’m jumping at shadows. I don’t know. But frankly, I wouldn’t like to be around here when summer comes. Not if it wasn’t my job, at least.”

He gave a faint, wry smile.

"In the circumstances, you might almost see why some might want to see that new Temple come down. All those thousands spent on cold stone when people are starving in the streets."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Doctor

Spoiler
    Show
    Lothar blinked away tears of pain, and nodded appreciatively to Rasen. "Much obliged, Doctor. This... sickness- it isn't near Faulkes street, is it?" The bearded soldier looked uncomfortable. "I mean, it's not even close to, uh, the season for that sort of thing, but I'd prefer to avoid it."

He stood up and brushed himself off. "Anyways, we appreciate your help. Not a word from us about it, either, to anyone bar Cap'n Brucker."
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2009-12-21 at 06:00 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Doctor's

Spoiler
    Show
    Rasen looked up, thinking.

"Fairly close, actually. I haven't seen any cases that far yet, though."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

At the Doctor's
    Spoiler
    Show

Raffy thanks the man. "And don't worry, Doctor, mum's the word. We don't intend on getting the town's most reputable physician on our bad side, so you can bet we won't say a thing to anyone. Though I'm hoping we won't see you again - nothing personal, you know what I mean."

He indicates his wound as he says this, to show that he simply means he's hoping he won't have any more injuries.

He'll make sure the doctor is paid slightly more than is typical, saying as he does so, "And of course nobody working for von Brucker stopped by here today," he says casually as he puts his hat back on. Then he heads out when the others are ready.

Outside the Doctor's
    Spoiler
    Show

About thirty paces after leaving Doctor Rasen's door Raffy spins and leans down, his young face only inches from Ithelus'. He locks eyes with the elf.

"How about from here on out, you don't mention who we're working for? We were hired off-uniform for a reason."

His voice is very quiet, just high enough for his companions to hear. He doesn't touch the elf or reach for his weapon at all, but there is a certain aggression in his voice. Looking to Lothar, he adds, "We got luckly with the doctor, not being the talking type. But tipping our hand could get us killed. All of us." He nods to Illiya and then looks back to Ithelus to make sure he shows some sign of agreement.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Doctor's

Spoiler
    Show
    Illiiya doesn't test the drink until Ithelus hands it to her and bids her drink. With that she nervously took the glass and put it to her lips, sipping the brandy for a moment before scrunching her nose and making a face that borders on hilarious.

It's strong. She said idly, pausing a moment to get her bearings again before she finished the thing with the same scrunched expression.

She sat quietly while the doctor spoke and dressed everyone's wounds, slowly growing more comfortable as time passed. He did not seem such a bad man now... though why he was earlier dressed as something so horrific was beyond her. Perhaps he was trying to avoid the screeching things by disguising himself as one of them?

------------

Outside, Illiiya followed along. She seemed to have grown more calm since the wagon attack and being harassed by the hounds, though that may have been the brandy's doing. The girl was willowy and her tolerance for the stuff left something to be desired.

Illiiya blinked at Raffy in confusion as he spoke to them about keeping quiet... something she was reasonably certain she'd done. She tilted her head to watch him quizzically, pale blue eyes locked on his.

Don't be angry. She said to him in an almost pleasant tone, before lowering her voice to a conspiratory tone, Anger makes the red ones come...

She gave Raffy a soft nod then... seeming happy to have helped.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus snarls, 'Yes, because that would look great for the hounds, a group of out of towers containing two evil, untrustworthy elves, with links to the Church asking questions about the black market and the purchasing of gunpowder.'

He places a hand on Illiiya's shoulder. 'I apologize for endangering your life. Next time I'll be sure to leave you out of it.' His words are well formed, but curt. He knows he has made a mistake, but that doesn't mean he likes having it pointed out to him.
    Last edited by Exeson; 2009-12-21 at 01:57 PM.
    Sigatar by Me

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Outside the Doctor's

Spoiler
    Show

Raffy's look softens. "This town'll eat you up," he says as if that makes it okay. "Sometimes you've got to lie. The Hounds won't like us no matter what, but the less they know the harder they've to work to get us. Mystery... we gotta be a mystery."

He shrugs. "I never knew an elf before. Seen 'em, but never knew 'em. You seem all right. And your... sister... well, that was something. Really something. There's a place I always wanted to go, on the edge of the Old Town up there, maybe it'll be free of the sickness. I'll buy you all a drink if you like."

He seems willing to talk to Ithelus or Lothar about Illiya but so far hasn't spoken to Illiya at all, even when she spoke up just now. Maybe he doesn't know how to handle her... unusual way of speaking.

((Raffy intends to head to the Hammer & Tongs now, though if the others have more errands he might tag along a bit more.))

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus pauses for a second. 'We'd like to join you,' He looks at the intoxicated Illiiya and then puts his arm around her shoulder in case she needs support. He nods for Raffy to lead the way. 'Remember we have to be at the Crow by sundown.'
    Sigatar by Me

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Outside the Doctor’s

Spoiler
    Show
    “I’ll see you there,” said Lothar. “Reckon I might try and... reconnoitre. Get the local perspective.” The soldier’s eyes twinkled. “Maybe make something out of my pay, too.”

Raffy shrugged, heading on his way – Fischer waved, heading off reasonably confidently into the Lower Town. He was sure the soldier could take care of himself.

[hr]

Seth

Spoiler
    Show
    Letting himself out of the Hammer, Seth looked around to get his bearings, trying to remember the directions Raffy had given him to this place the others had been so keen on meeting at. Placing himself with reference to the scaffolded spike of the temple belltower, he hurried on his way – the sun was starting to sink to the level of the rooftops, the dusk bringing with it the cold and the dark.

Pausing to ask directions, once or twice, he hesitated as he heard a call from behind – looking round, he saw a little, bent-backed man scurrying after him, the leather tassels of his grubby cap flying behind him. The fellow could have been any age from forty to sixty, a tangle of greying hair that had receded from his scalp to blanket his neck instead reaching down nearly to his shoulders – he was poorly-shaven, and draped in a cheap coat.

“’Scuse me sir,” panted the man, catching up with him, “’scuse me, sorry – I was wondering if I could ask, are you the gentleman who stopped by the Guard House today with the beast heads? I’ve been trying to find you, trying very hard, sir, but the guard on the door, he didn’t know where you’d gone. Said the captain had gone home and he didn’t know.” His tone was wheedling and obsequious. “Was that you?”

[hr]

Raffy & the Elves

Spoiler
    Show
    Raffy led the way back towards Judge’s Square with a sure step, twilight creeping in from the east as they made their way towards the Hammer – stepping back onto the cobbles of the square, the young man stopped, grinning broadly, at the sight of a new addition to the Guard House’s facade. The three beast heads each had a pike of their own.

Illiiya seemed less keen about admiring their handiwork, and Raffy quickly resumed his march towards the door of the Hammer. Shutting the door behind them against the cold, they looked around: the tavern’s common hall was quiet, a cluster of young men talking earnestly in one corner while a few others sat around in twos or threes, speaking in educated tones. The clothes of the customers spoke of quiet wealth – somewhat to Raffy’s disappointment, there was no-one in the gleaming velvets and silks he associated with the nobility. The talk, however, did not disappoint – he heard words he barely understood drifting up from the various tables, particularly the table in the corner.

“The right of rebellion, sir, that cannot be denied...”
    “An Empire needs an Emperor, that cannot be denied. Our successes in this war, the martial glories of our nation, our proud standing – what could be more grand than that? What more can we ask of our rulers?”
    “To be free.”

The men around the dark-haired youth who had spoken last erupted in a babble of conversation, each trying to speak over the others.

Noticing the landlord behind the bar – a man with a moustache like a well-groomed walrus – Raffy approached with confidence, the man regarding him with indifference. Leaning on the varnished oak, he reached for his money-pouch.
    “A drink for me and my friends here, please. And I’d like to take a room.”
    The barman raised his eyebrows almost imperceptibly.
    “That’ll be twelve coppers for the drinks then,” he said. “And ten schillings for the room.”
    "I'll need one too," said Ithelus. "With two beds."
    The barman's eyebrows climbed a tiny fraction of an inch higher.
    "Another ten schillings, then." He began pouring the drinks. "You staying long?"
    Last edited by LCP; 2009-12-21 at 03:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

"I...wasn't carrying them, but I helped bring them in, yes. What was it you wanted? If your message is specifically for the man who was carrying the heads, I'll be seeing him soon, and I can convey a message for you."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Seth

Spoiler
    Show
    "No, no - it was just I heard you ran into them on the north road, yes? With the caravan for the temple stone. My nephew is coming that way, you see, from the villages - I was wondering if I could ask, if it would not be too much trouble, if I could ask, sir, whether any of them got away? The Beastmen, I mean. I wouldn't want my nephew to come that way if there were still Beastmen on the road you see, sir, so I was wondering if I should send word for him not to come."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

At the Tongs

Spoiler
    Show

Raffy puts down a gold crown on the bar to cover both the round of drinks for his friends abnd the room for himself. To the landlord's question he replies,

"Not sure yet. Heard the roads mayn't be safe, and who knows what the weather'll bring. A few days at least, I'd say. You 'ave weekly rates at all?"

((Once the room-haggling is over:))

The youth slowly walks to a table not far from the boisterous debate. You can tell he isn't used to such a place. He can't move his head around quick enough to gawk at all the woodwork, the art on the walls, the people in the place, and so forth. When he finally gets a seat - two tables away from the debate, but he takes the seat closest to them - he whispers without a hint of irony: "Remember, a low profile."

Couldn't be happier.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Tongs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus drops the money. 'You're rooms are secure sir?' he asks. If the reply is affirmative he will stow his belongings in the room. He then sits with Raffy and drinks. 'As low as two elves can afford yes.'

Pulling out his dice he plays with them between his fingers. 'Once we have spoken to the others and returned for the night, I... well I have a request of you.'
    Last edited by Exeson; 2009-12-21 at 04:42 PM.
    Sigatar by Me

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy

At the Tongs
    Spoiler
    Show

Raffy raises an eyebrow and leans a bit closer. He picks up one of the dice and rolls it just to see what it comes up with.

(1d6)[6] He grins at the knuckle before him and puts a hand on the pan-pipe tattoo on the back of his neck.

"What can I do?" he asks affably.

Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-12-21 at 05:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus grins. 'Well, if we all agree later, tomorrow I aim to make some contacts, however I need someone with me who can, well... if a sticky situation presents itself. Of course if you don't want to I would want you to look after Illiya whilst I'm out.'

He finishes his drink, 'But we best be getting to the meeting.' He drops the key into the Barman's hand and leads Illiiya out of the door, waiting outside for Raffy.
    Last edited by Exeson; 2009-12-21 at 05:27 PM.
    Sigatar by Me

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

At The Tongs
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well I'm not one for subtlety and if we have trouble the 'buss is likelier to draw attention than not. But I'm happy to stand around and look mean if you need. Besides I need to see what all has changed here in Delberz, I'm happy to come."

He makes sure his stuff is all squared away in his room - his stuff mainly being his blanket and cookware. Openly wearing the broadsword and gun he's about to lock up his room when he pauses.

Looking around, he sees no one in the hall. So he goes back in, throws himself on the bed and lies there for a minute. Then two minutes.

He sighs a contented sigh and rolls off the side to his feet. He leaves the oil lamp lit and the window open just a tiny crack. He has arrived. He has arrived.

He rejoins the elves and walks with them toward the Crow. Unusually, he has left his hat behind despite the threat of weather. His long legs carry him at a good pace but many times he stops the group to jaunt down a side-street, poke his head in a pub, or read a sign over a door.*

He doesn't seem to care that they're quite late.

*I forget if our characters start out literate or not. If not re-imagine this as "scrutinise the picture on the sign above a door."
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-12-22 at 10:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae: At... wherever she's at now

Spoiler
    Show
    Illiiya tagged along quietly, just taking her surroundings as she went. The inn was a nice place... snug and warm. It made her feel good, and she almost wished she didn't have to leave... but they'd made plans to meet the others, and she didn't want to be left alone. She left the warmth of the Tongs with a wistful sigh.

The streets seemed colder after the heated inn, and she shivered a bit, curling her arms around herself as they made their way to the Crow. Raffy had seemed to take his time in coming down, during which time she stood close to Ithelus to keep warm. When finally he made it, she watched him with curiousity... wondering why his mood seemed so light. Perhaps he was taking her advice on being angry to heart. That was good. She'd hate to see him clawing out his own eyes in horror if the red things came.

They navigated the twisting streets towards the Crow, with her holding lightly to Ithelus' arm the whole way. As they moved she watched the people around her... occasionally pausing to stare at someone with an odd expression or recoiling slightly from another for reasons only she knew. It never took much to get her moving again, and by the time they reached their destination, she was more than ready to step in from the cold and have a nice, hot meal.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illiiya.... follows! Exciting! Honestly, when she's not freaking out or acting creepy and weird, she tends to just watch from the background. One of these days, I might have to post something showing the world through her witchsight one of these days. Should be entertaining.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2009-12-22 at 02:47 AM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

21. - Top - End - #141

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

"No sir, none that we saw or heard anyway. We didn't want them fetching help; the way should be relatively safe for at least awhile, until another passel of them happens by. I would never advise traveling alone, but you may tell your nephew the roads are about as safe as they are likely to be for the time being."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Seth

Spoiler
    Show
    “None at all?” The man hesitated. “As you say, sir. I – I am in your debt.”

Not waiting to say goodbye, he scurried away. Watching him go, Seth shook his head and continued on his way.

[hr]

All

It was dark by the time they reached the tavern – not that they were missing much from the lack of light. The Crow did not go out of its way to appeal to its customers – a tall, wooden building, the dark green paint that it had acquired at some point in its distant past was faded and peeling. A square wooden sign hung over the door, a surprisingly lifelike painting of the tavern’s namesake watching the street below with beady eyes. Illiiya shrank back a little from the painted bird’s stare.

Passing the thick, iron-bound door, the group found themselves in an ill-lit common room, dirty wooden pillars holding up a ceiling of dusty beams. A multitude of eyes rose from dirty mugs to glance at the newcomers, then returned to whatever they had been doing – despite the general air of squalor, the tavern was packed, the born commoners of Delberz rubbing shoulders with peasant villagers looking decidedly out of place. A weasel-faced landlord stood behind the bar, spreading the grime more evenly around a leather stein with a scrap of cloth.

In the corner, a pack of lean-looking men were playing dice – in the middle of the group, Lothar sat, joking freely with his new friends. From the looks of things, the soldier was doing rather well.

“You took your time,” came a voice from their left – looking round, they say Seth looking at them. The squire seemed none too impressed by their surroundings...
    Last edited by LCP; 2009-12-22 at 09:47 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus's eyes are drawn straight to the game, and indeed his hand wanders the the fairly heavy purse at his side. Ithelus waves at Seth absent mindedly and gravitates towards the game.

'Room for one more?' He drops his stake on the table and pulls out his dice. 'Just one round.....' he mutters to himself, '...just one....'
    Last edited by Exeson; 2009-12-22 at 10:12 AM.
    Sigatar by Me

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Raffy smiles at the uncomfortable squire, and shrugs. "Never want to be early. It seems... desperate."

He chuckles and slaps the man on the back as he walks past to get a table (or join the table, if Seth already got one). He's not exactly in a hurry to get into more drink and he figures he'll wait to see if a bar maid comes around. Or if someone else buys a round.

25. - Top - End - #145

BardGuy

Seth cradles his forehead in the crook of his hand. "Well, you all came, anyway." His eyes alight on Lothar's company. "Gentleman, I apologize for interrupting your game, but your friend and I have business to attend to. Lothar, if you please." Seth intentionally backs away and turns around as he finishes speaking, so as to be out of earshot of any protestations not outright shouted at him.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

The gamblers looked up at Ithelus – their jaded gazes turned into gawking stares at the sight of an elf. One of the younger ones made the sign of the hammer over his chest.

“Ranald’s teeth,” muttered the man sitting opposite Lothar. “How’d one of them get in here?”
    “He’s alright,” said Lothar, affably. “Met him on the road.”
    “The Hounds will string us up,” whined the young one. “Consortin’ with witches.”
    “Are you calling me the kind of man who hangs about with sorcerers?” asked Lothar, gruffly. “Ithelus is straight as a rule. Same as you or me.”
    “If he can pay,” said a third man, “he’s welcome.”
    “Maybe later,” said the soldier, looking sideways at Seth. “I think we’re wanted.” He scooped up his winnings, standing with a grin. Touching his hat, he bobbed his head to the company. “Evening, gents.”

Excusing himself from the gambling table, he wandered over to where Seth and the others were sitting.

“You’d better have found something worth hearing,” said Lothar, half-jokingly. “I was winning there.”
    Last edited by LCP; 2009-12-22 at 10:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

BardGuy

Looking slightly embarrased, Seth harrumphs. "There will be other nights, and other fools to be parted from their money, I'm certain."

"And if you're taking that to mean I didn't find anything...well, you win a cigar"

Seth shakes his head resignedly

"Not a total loss. I did hear a touch of talk about the two black powder merchants-and acquired one of their addresses. What I learned about them seemed to boil down to accusations of vaguely shady dealings and unsporting business practices; which is practically pillowtalk compared to the slurs some competing tradesman hurl at each other in other cities.

"All that convinces me of is that, if one of them's innocent, he doesn't *know* anything about the other's unscrupulous activities-or he would have come forward with it.

"But enough about my social blundering-what of this physician? I gathered from Von Brucker that he'd have something to say on the matter."
    Last edited by amgodtic; 2009-12-22 at 02:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Raffy leans back in his chair, hands behind his head, with a big s***-eating grin.

"Doctor wouldn't say anything. Has to protect his patients. Wouldn't say anything, mind you. So don't ask me where we got the address of three men with fresh powder burns. And money. Hiding out in a basement."

He's careful not to speak too loudly, but he does punctuate the end of his sentence with a loud laugh. Leaning back into the table, he says: "Doc, er, our anonymous informant says they've probably moved on by now, but I say it's worth lookin' the place over. Anybody up for a late night house call when we're done here?"
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-12-22 at 12:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

BardGuy

Seth inspects himself gingerly. "Well...I look worse than I am. Tender all over, but its not going to start to REALLY hurt again until tomorrow. I'm game to put that off as long as possible. And the rest of you?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Illiiya looked around the place with nervous anxiousness, scrunching her nose at the odd and unpleasant smells of the place. Smoke and cheap booze mostly, with the customer's pungent odors mixing together in a strange, dank musk.

She listened to the boys talk quietly, trying to avoid attention as much as possible. People weren't terribly fond of elves here, it seemed... and women often got the worst of it, she was certain. She glanced around the place as they spoke, watching the other people here from time to time, as if trying to figure them out. When the idea of going out tonight was brought up, she looked decidedly uncomfortable.

We're going out... now? she asked, sounding oddly lucid for a moment, It's dark out... Is it safe?