New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

@CK: ...Ah...massive life stress. :( I see. Mmm...*hugs for Koorly* Well, I'm sure things aren't as bad as they seem...holiday stress can pile up pretty quickly. Just do your best. And don't be afraid to tell people that you need some rest if that's what you really need...I admit that I don't know your family all that well, but if you need some support from them, you should be able to ask for their support.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-12-14 at 12:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

*hugs Koorly* :(

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eeeeeh. I bounce back pretty quickly. Some is just holiday stress, but some isn't and it's the 'isn'ts' that are the most worrying.
    But there's nothing t'be done about it, so why bother.

Hey, SansNom, how much d'you think it would cost to send a pachage to Londinium?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #364

*Huggles teh Koorly.*

Good that you bounce back well though. And not bothering with things you can't do anything about is a sensible approach of which I approve (Split infinitive - averted. Bonus points to me), since it's what I try to do.

Right. Now, holidays, free time, etc. Today I sort out everything I can sort without leaving the house. Tomorrow I sort out everything that requires me to leave the house. After that I can spend time writing/arranging/reading.
    This is a fairly solid plan, as long as I actually do it.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Hey, SansNom, how much d'you think it would cost to send a pachage to Londinium?
    I have no idea. When I order stuff from the US, the postage cost varies a lot, so I couldn't really say.

6. - Top - End - #366

No worries. The internet provides all!
    £3.25 isn't a bad price. That's next day delivery and I think overestimating the weight of the package.
    Well, guess I'll wrap it up and post it on the morrow. Truthfully I was expecting it to be more.
    I also find it sad that I'm only sending two presents to friends. Others just get cards.
    And for the record: GRANDPARENTS ARE HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, EVIL PEOPLE TO BUY FOR.
    Except Grandad. He adores Inspector Morse. And guess what? The complete novels of Inspector Morse for £9.99.
    Really, the other two are just going to get chocolates, biscuits or something upsettingly non-personal that all but screams "Last minute gift bought for the difficult and obstreperous relative." Those two have always been the worst ones to buy for.
    And for the last couple of years I've been buying toys and presents for toddlers. What does that say when it's still bleddy hard to buy presents for people I've known literally all my life when I'm buying sweet and personalised gifts for infants I've met all of once or twice?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Pixie in the Playground

thanks RGPsr4me for making my Avatar

8. - Top - End - #368

H2G2 (the first three. Or was it four?),
    No no no no no no no no no no no. You are a horrible, horrible person. You need to buy all five! You can't give them as a gift (which I assume you're going to) without Mostly Harmless! It's the best one! The recipient won't know how it all ends!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

No, no, grandparents are truly hard people to gift.

Because they're at a point in their life where they don't need, or want to accumulate a bunch of more stuff (or shouldn't). So you can't give them items that will just clutter up their life, unless they've expressed that they need something which is probably too expensive for a grandchild to buy them anyways, and at the same time, yes, the easy gifts like chocolates or cookies are so impersonal.

My grandmother seems to appreciate something like a handmade card with a nice message in it the most, that and spending time with her. Maybe others' grandparents aren't that way though.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-12-14 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Once again I use the word 'really' 47,000 times per sentence. Refined.

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    No no no no no no no no no no no. You are a horrible, horrible person. You need to buy all five! You can't give them as a gift (which I assume you're going to) without Mostly Harmless! It's the best one! The recipient won't know how it all ends!
    Well I'm buying extravagantly for some reason this year.
    Female Parental Unit's Present: £15.99
    Male Parental Unit's Present: £9.99
    Elder Youngest Brother's Present: £9.99
    Little Sister's Present: £14.95
    Granddad's Present: £9.99
    Littlest Brother's Estimate For Present: £12.00
    Grandpa's Present: pegging for £7
    Gran's Present: roughly £7

And considering this (plus my own present) comes out of £80. Twenty pounds from each of us. And we're -£7 already.
    Any deficit comes out of my own pocket.

Also: my Mum bought Dad H2G2 Books 1-4. I just went in with my loyalty card and physically bought it.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #371

Also: my Mum bought Dad H2G2 Books 1-4. I just went in with my loyalty card and physically bought it.
    Tell your "mother" that she is a horrible person from me.

At least she didn't buy him And Another Thing (Note: I haven't read it, but hopefully will. Then I can be informed and snark at it!)
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

What does that say when it's still bleddy hard to buy presents for people I've known literally all my life when I'm buying sweet and personalised gifts for infants I've met all of once or twice?
    It says that you've already been there for those people for a very, very long time, that likely you have already gotten them things they enjoy, and now must find something you or someone else hasn't already gotten them so that they won't be disappointed. Meanwhile, infants hardly have anything and don't really care if they accidentally get two of something.

ION: I got my paper back from the teacher...with a huge list of complaints and a deadline for revision. I guess I should be happy because he's actually now extended my final deadline to a full week after when it was due, but I can't help but feel like I'm now saddled with a lot more work than before. ^^;
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373

All this talk about gift-giving makes me appreciate how simply my family does it. My dad just tells me specifically that he wants a certain thing, and I do the same for him. It's easy, and simplifies the whole process.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #374
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    Presentation is done, huzzah! Managed to successfully talk in front of a room full of people without horribly embarassing myself, even when interrupted by the cleaner.
    That's no fun.

So, what's everyone getting for Christmas?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

We went over this. Either a pony named Richard Nixon or eradication.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Pixie in the Playground

What do you guys think about the new movie coming out avatar

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I think I'd rather lodge an arrowhead up my left nostril than see it, myself.

Oh, lah-dee-dah, those eeeevil militaristic humans and their science. Why can't they be more like us super shiny special blue people, with our humble ways and our connection to nature? Truly, it is they that are the monsters!

Them and technology, of course. God damn technology. What has that ever done for society, huh?
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-14 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

I largely agree with the implied opinion of Rusty there. Yes, it looks like it will be a very shiny movie, but at the same time it looks like it will be a very played-out plot with little-to-nothing that will truly surprise us.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    That's no fun.

So, what's everyone getting for Christmas?
    I'm getting some music, and something that is "for my car" although I don't know what it is yet.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Carbomb. Trust me on this one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Carbomb. Trust me on this one.
    Awww, but I don't wanna use one on my car. My car is still too useful.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Too useful, yes. A little too useful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, Avatar looks like your basic "Technology bad, natives good," anvilicious bullsquid. I'm all for some new sci-fi, but something like D-9, which had at the very least a little originality.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've already gotten some Hannukah gifts. A little bit of cash, some clothing, and Metroid Prime Trilogy is a pretty nice haul so far.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

I got the ThinkGeek soundtrack shirt, reimbursed for Left 4 Dead 2, and a heap of Latkes.

26. - Top - End - #386

So I just came across this.

What the hell?
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2009-12-14 at 04:14 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #387

Sometimes I think it'd be easier to replace me with a robot that dispenses facts, powered by They Might Be Giants songs. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Now, on a scale of 12 to 506, how strange is it that I am seriously considering building this robot?
    BANG → !

28. - Top - End - #388

Sometimes I think it'd be easier to replace me with a robot that dispenses facts, powered by They Might Be Giants songs. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Now, on a scale of 12 to 506, how strange is it that I am seriously considering building this robot?
    I give it about a zero.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #389

So it would make me less strange by 12 points to be considering this?
    I AM VERY MUCH CONSIDERING THIS.
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #390

So it would make me less strange by 12 points to be considering this?
    I AM VERY MUCH CONSIDERING THIS.
    No, it increases the strangeness of everyone present by 12 points.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas