New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Yes, yes he is. Disney decided to give him a nephew.

...No, I do not know his actual name. But I will be greatly disappointed if it isn't Mortimer.
    He has two nephews, Morty and Ferdie. (Yeah, it was the twenties. )

I honestly just finished writing an essay about the way that Disney has neotenised Mickey over the years, which is the only reason I know this.

...OMG teh Playground can read my mind!
    Last edited by cycoris; 2009-12-15 at 05:02 PM.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

...YES to the Mortimer, then. And, presumably, Ferdinand.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Cyssy: What kind of class are you doing that involves talking about Disney? Jibbers'd love that class.

@DeeRee: How'd the Spanish final go?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    @DeeRee: How'd the Spanish final go?
    It was okay. Some stupid useless grammar questions that I think I got right but I'm not sure because I thought they were stupid and useless so I didn't memorize them.

You ever had a moment on an exam when you just blank on something you know you know? I was sitting there and suddenly I COULD NOT call to mind the imperfect form of the verb "to go" (ir). I skipped the question but it was just driving me crazy. So then I went back to finish and iba came right out of my pen like I'd never forgotten in the first place. So annoying.

5. - Top - End - #485

I owe most of it to the fact that I read through all of Don Rosa's Donald Duck & Scrooge McDuck stories within the last two months.

You should check 'em out when you get the chance, Koorly. The man does an incredible job writing stories for Scrooge & the Gang, and actually wrote an entire arc that fuses the life of Scrooge McDuck together into an actually plausible timeline (for the Duckverse, that is), and I cannot recommend that arc highly enough to you, because it may very well be the most well-researched comic book arc ever written.
    Darn you, I was hoping to use tomorrow for some studying, Now I'll have to read Scrooges advetures. Darn You *Shakes fist

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Darn you, I was hoping to use tomorrow for some studying, Now I'll have to read Scrooges advetures. Darn You *Shakes fist
    :3 It is my secret ultimate goal to make everybody in the world procrastinate as much as I do, thereby making me not look so bad in comparison.

Besides, it's Don Rosa. I'm doing you a favor if you haven't already seen some of his work.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    It was okay. Some stupid useless grammar questions that I think I got right but I'm not sure because I thought they were stupid and useless so I didn't memorize them.

You ever had a moment on an exam when you just blank on something you know you know? I was sitting there and suddenly I COULD NOT call to mind the imperfect form of the verb "to go" (ir). I skipped the question but it was just driving me crazy. So then I went back to finish and iba came right out of my pen like I'd never forgotten in the first place. So annoying.
    In language courses especially. Happens to me quite often with kana.

Chem exam in an hour and twenty minutes. So what do I do? Compose.
    I don't want or need my sanity. I just need to learn where my mind exists.

*Looks up what neotenising is.*

Oh. Like 95% of the population at WVU.

THAT'S IT! Like in a lucid dream, when the dream slips away, you know you're waking up.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-12-15 at 05:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488

:3 It is my secret ultimate goal to make everybody in the world procrastinate as much as I do, thereby making me not look so bad in comparison.

Besides, it's Don Rosa. I'm doing you a favor if you haven't already seen some of his work.

I've seen some of his work, or at least think I did, But I've never sit down and read a whole bunch of it at the same time.

And you didn't had to fear me, I'm already a horrible procrastinator. I even got a "procrastinators, leaders of tomorow" t-shirt for my last birthday.
    Last edited by Tiger Duck; 2009-12-15 at 05:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    And you didn't had to fear me, I'm already a horrible procrastinator. I even got a "procrastinators, leaders of tomorrow" t-shirt for my last birthday.
    I need a shirt like that. I might go looking for one. Maybe tomorrow...
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    In language courses especially. Happens to me quite often with kana.

Chem exam in an hour and twenty minutes. So what do I do? Compose.
    I don't want or need my sanity. I just need to learn where my mind exists.

*Looks up what neotenising is.*

Oh. Like 95% of the population at WVU.

THAT'S IT! Like in a lucid dream, when the dream slips away, you know you're waking up.

This is for you, Mr Sting Fanboy . . . I was so mad when I heard this music along with an ad. It's such an interesting song. Almost as annoyed as when I heard "If You Want to Sing Out" advertising some phone company . . . .

Although at the same time I'm happy because it gets good music out there.

Related (because of the youtube vid I just linked): I hate that they've started running advertisements before videos on YouTube.

Edit: And if you think the video is weird . . . wait till you get to 2:35. XD priceless.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-12-15 at 05:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491

@Cyssy: What kind of class are you doing that involves talking about Disney? Jibbers'd love that class.
    I'm doing lit analysis. One of the essays we could choose was "A Biological Homage to Mickey Mouse" by Stephen Jay Gould.

<3 Gould.

That is all.

A demon cannot be hurt

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

This is for you, Mr Sting Fanboy . . . I was so mad when I heard this music along with an ad. It's such an interesting song. Almost as annoyed as when I heard "If You Want to Sing Out" advertising some phone company . . . .

Although at the same time I'm happy because it gets good music out there.

Related (because of the youtube vid I just linked): I hate that they've started running advertisements before videos on YouTube.

Edit: And if you think the video is weird . . . wait till you get to 2:35. XD priceless.
    Tell me who allowed this song to be used in an ad. Now.

No music should be allowed in advertisements. No art should be allowed in advertisements. No advertisements should be allowed in advertisements, unless they are mock advertisements. Mocking themselves. Those are okay. Because advertisements aren't.

...Hey. He inverted the first arpeggiated chord in "Message in a Bottle" in the related links recording... Huh. Wonder why. It is more mellow.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-12-15 at 06:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493

Today has been productive, but occasionally icky. I've been sorting/tidying/cleaning things, because my housemates seem disinclined to do so.
    So, I was dealing with the accumulated tins that needed to be put out for recycling, specifically the ones which still needed to be washed first...
    doesn't cover it. Sweetcorn should not be blue/black. Blleeeuuuuccchhhghhhh.

On the plus side, it's gone now. As is all the junk mail that was sitting on our doormat because no-one could be bothered to pick it up. And I put my 3rd year notes into a ring binder, tidied my room a little bit... it's good.
    Tomorrow, I will get out of the house to get my new phone charger, do christmas shopping, etc.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

No music should be allowed in advertisements. No art should be allowed in advertisements. No advertisements should be allowed in advertisements, unless they are mock advertisements. Mocking themselves. Those are okay. Because advertisements aren't.
    The wonderful irony of this is that the music video for the song is a mock ad.

Also, what happens at the end of the video (when he falls off the walking-on-water) - you think that was a mistake they decided to incorporate into their music vid?

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

I just saw Russell Howard live on stage and he said he likes Norwich.
    Then he swapped shirts with a guy.

This has been pretty much the best night of my life.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

The wonderful irony of this is that the music video for the song is a mock ad.

Also, what happens at the end of the video (when he falls off the walking-on-water) - you think that was a mistake they decided to incorporate into their music vid?
    Irony not lost on me...

Re: The ending.

I have wondered that myself.

17. - Top - End - #497

Tell me who allowed this song to be used in an ad. Now.

Oh, how I wish you ruled the world.

ION: littlest brother is being whiny at the top of his lungs, and I can't send him downstairs because he'll bother other people. ...I can hear him whining about losing a game of hide & seek through three closed doors.

Please outlaw whining too?

EDIT: Shoosh, DeeRee. You'll get to see him the day after next. And a couple of days after that, I shall be in China with an adorable 15 month-old baby. SQUEEE! Babywant, babywant, must control the babywant!
    Last edited by cycoris; 2009-12-15 at 06:29 PM.

A demon cannot be hurt

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    Oh, how I wish you ruled the world.

ION: littlest brother is being whiny at the top of his lungs, and I can't send him downstairs because he'll bother other people. ...I can hear him whining about losing a game of hide & seek through three closed doors.

Please outlaw whining too?
    Send him to me! I miss him!

19. - Top - End - #499

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I just saw Russell Howard live on stage and he said he likes Norwich.
    [guy from Suffolk](Psst! He was lying! No-one likes Norfolk or anything in it!)[/guy from Suffolk]

Heh, maybe I should write all of my posts with [guy from Suffolk] tags around them... I am a guy, and I'm from Suffolk...
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

20. - Top - End - #500

Yep. But not in a grammar quiz, it was during a French practice essay exam. My mind broke when I was trying to decide whether it was the conditional, the subjunctive or the pluperfect or some other wacky, hyper-involved tense and I just stared at the paper for a good fifteen minutes because each of those tenses involves word endings and different applications and rules of which verbs can be used or not which each tense and then the substitutes and - *break*
    I remembered eventually.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep. But not in a grammar quiz, it was during a French practice essay exam. My mind broke when I was trying to decide whether it was the conditional, the subjunctive or the pluperfect or some other wacky, hyper-involved tense and I just stared at the paper for a good fifteen minutes because each of those tenses involves word endings and different applications and rules of which verbs can be used or not which each tense and then the substitutes and - *break*
    I remembered eventually.
    Ouch. >.<

The one good thing about English - we don't have those whacky tenses to indicate mood. We just do weird contortions instead.

My test was 1/6 grammar, 1/3 translation, 1/6 Find The Appropriate Verb To Complete The Sentence, and 1/3 composition. took about two hours. Was fairly hideous.

Tomorrow I have an oral wherein I compare Marx, Machiavelli, Gandhi, and Cicero.

22. - Top - End - #502

DeeRee:
    What level of spanish are you in? I'm almost finished grade 10 spanish, and I've only come across ir, voy, vas, va, vamos, vai's, and van.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

23. - Top - End - #503

Ahhh, Spanish. A language that I no longer have to learn, simply because there's no more room in my schedule for it. Gotta get all those art credits.

Besides, espanol is una lengua muy aburrida.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

I love my guildwars. Have some various aged screenshots.
    Spoiler
    Show

My best character dancing at the Bazaar.

My monk dancing in her costume at halloween.

My mesmer gets a makeover.

My rit gets ambushed by killer bunnies.(seriously)

My ele ponders the meaning of life. (back with her older armor.)

My ranger when she was brand new.

Crazy party.
    ____

25. - Top - End - #505

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I love my guildwars. Have some various aged screenshots.
    Spoiler
    Show

My best character dancing at the Bazaar.

My monk dancing in her costume at halloween.

My mesmer gets a makeover.

My rit gets ambushed by killer bunnies.(seriously)

My ele ponders the meaning of life. (back with her older armor.)

My ranger when she was brand new.

Crazy party.
    Who's that victim, and how are you a spider monstrosity?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

I drank something that made me like that and ran up to a random AFK guy.
    ____

27. - Top - End - #507

Personally, I'm inclined towards an idea a friend of mine once had: Allow advertisements, but don't allow them to actually say what they're advertising. Would make them much more interesting.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #508

Heh Guild Wars. I can't decide what was more fun, actually playing the game and having to concentrate and use split second reactions because I decided that an interrupt Mesmer would be a good idea, or going along with two friends in a party, all only bringing Vengeance as a res, then convincing the guy that he had a virus because he died on the dot every 30 seconds... Nah, definitely the second one.

Oh, and that time us three level 20s helped out a newbie. And by "helped" I mean one of us used Edge of Extinction and the other two killed ourselves with illusion of weakness, trying to kill the newbie.

Geez, I'm a bastard in that game.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Besides, espanol is una lengua muy aburrida.
    No es aburrida. Es interesante.

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    DeeRee:
    What level of spanish are you in? I'm almost finished grade 10 spanish, and I've only come across ir, voy, vas, va, vamos, vai's, and van.
    Well, that's only present indicative tense, there, so I'm guessing you haven't got that far yet. The list of tenses that I know of is

Spoiler
    Show
    indicative

present -
    voy, vas, va, vamos, van

preterit -
    fue, fuiste, fui, fuimos, fueron (I don't do vosotros because I'm lame like that)

imperfect -
    iba, ibas, iba, íbamos, iban

*future -
    iré, irás, irá, iremos, irán

*conditional -
    iría, irías, iría, iríamos, irían

perfect tenses

present -
    he ido, has ido, ha ido, hamos ido, han ido

pluperfect -
    había ido, habías ido, había ido habíamos ido, habían ido

*future -
    habré ido, habrás ido, habrá ido, habramos ido, habrán ido

*conditional -
    habría ido, habrías ido, habría ido, habríamos ido, habrían ido

subjunctive

present -
    vaya, vayas, vaya, vayamos, vayan

*imperfect -
    fuera, fueras, fuera fuéramos, fueran

*future -
    fuere, fueres, fuere, fuéremos, fueren

imperative
    --, ve, vaya, vayamos, vayan

*starred items indicate that I haven't officially learned these tenses but I am overeager and decided to know them anyway. I'm in intermediate university Spanish . . . by the end of the year I ought to have officially learned all of those.

30. - Top - End - #510

(I don't do vosotros because I'm cool like that)
    Fixed it for you