New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Finals Week is no fun.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Fostire View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Thanks It's a stupid tense, anyway.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Thanks It's a stupid tense, anyway.
    I agree.

...Though maybe only because we don't use it in the Canaries.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    I'm doing lit analysis. One of the essays we could choose was "A Biological Homage to Mickey Mouse" by Stephen Jay Gould.

<3 Gould.

That is all.
    A man walked up to Steven Gould and said: "Sir, Punctuated equilibrium is evolution written by jerks."

Gould looked the man square in the eye and said: "Well, Gradual Evolution is evolution written by creeps."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Personally, I'm inclined towards an idea a friend of mine once had: Allow advertisements, but don't allow them to actually say what they're advertising. Would make them much more interesting.
    Wouldn't that make them, in an ideal world, proclamations of intelligence?

Eeeeenteresting.

Also, give me no worlds to rule, plox.

EDIT: That Italian song I linked earlier. I cannot stop listening to it. SO interesting musically.

Even my genius composer friend, who was just lying down on my bed when I showed him it, sat up, rapt with attention. This is quite impressive, since he is no longer surprised by much of anything, musically, having studied so much of it, and being, of course, a genius.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-12-15 at 08:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Finals Week is no fun.
    this is agreed with. Very stressful. Plus I'm going to miss half these classes

-Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Finals Week is no fun.
    Oh yes, even if you don't have much in the way of real finals, but instead have gigantic projects due during that week.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

8. - Top - End - #518

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    Oh yes, even if you don't have much in the way of real finals, but instead have gigantic projects due during that week.
    I'll be honest, I think I would prefer that. I hate studying for tests.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

9. - Top - End - #519

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    I'll be honest, I think I would prefer that. I hate studying for tests.
    I dunno. Would you prefer to have to plan and build a wearable object that extends one sense and restricts another at the same time within two weeks?
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

10. - Top - End - #520

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    I dunno. Would you prefer to have to plan and build a wearable object that extends one sense and restricts another at the same time within two weeks?
    Hmmm, doable, I think. Might be a little annoying, but it is better than studying for those two weeks. Feels like I actually accomplish something while I'm doing it, too.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

11. - Top - End - #521

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    A man walked up to Steven Gould and said: "Sir, Punctuated equilibrium is evolution written by jerks."

Gould looked the man square in the eye and said: "Well, Gradual Evolution is evolution written by creeps."
    <3

10hearts

12. - Top - End - #522
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ouch. >.<

The one good thing about English - we don't have those whacky tenses to indicate mood. We just do weird contortions instead.

My test was 1/6 grammar, 1/3 translation, 1/6 Find The Appropriate Verb To Complete The Sentence, and 1/3 composition. took about two hours. Was fairly hideous.

Tomorrow I have an oral wherein I compare Marx, Machiavelli, Gandhi, and Cicero.
    At least I didn't do it in the exam.
    Yours looks . . . interesting, if a bit chunky. My last exam was a straight forward three-parter:
    Lissten to these French peoples, answer these questions in full sentences in perfect French. The last question is answering things implied by the transcript.
    Read this text. Answer all these questions. Now, see that English paragraph? Translate it entirely.
    See this picture? Write an essay on it.
    Lubbley jubbley.

Your oral looks like great fun. I feel envy for the bits involving Cicero and Machiavelli. :smallenvy:

Well, that's only present indicative tense, there, so I'm guessing you haven't got that far yet. The list of tenses that I know of is

Spoiler
    Show
    indicative

present -
    voy, vas, va, vamos, van

preterit -
    fue, fuiste, fui, fuimos, fueron (I don't do vosotros because I'm lame like that)

imperfect -
    iba, ibas, iba, íbamos, iban

*future -
    iré, irás, irá, iremos, irán

*conditional -
    iría, irías, iría, iríamos, irían

perfect tenses

present -
    he ido, has ido, ha ido, hamos ido, han ido

pluperfect -
    había ido, habías ido, había ido habíamos ido, habían ido

*future -
    habré ido, habrás ido, habrá ido, habramos ido, habrán ido

*conditional -
    habría ido, habrías ido, habría ido, habríamos ido, habrían ido

subjunctive

present -
    vaya, vayas, vaya, vayamos, vayan

*imperfect -
    fuera, fueras, fuera fuéramos, fueran

*future -
    fuere, fueres, fuere, fuéremos, fueren

imperative
    --, ve, vaya, vayamos, vayan

*starred items indicate that I haven't officially learned these tenses but I am overeager and decided to know them anyway. I'm in intermediate university Spanish . . . by the end of the year I ought to have officially learned all of those.
    I know all of those! In French, but I know all of those! I especially despise the perfect conditional and any subjunctive tense.
    And in French quite a few of the tenses use the exact same form of the verb as other tenses do so you have to guess the tense from context and the entire rest of the sentence to figure out which tense the verb is. At least you don't seem like you'll be facing that problem.

ION:
    I think my little finger is now infected.
    And last night my parents made the pickled onions and the entire bottom floor smelt of onions all night. I sleep downstairs, and two rooms away from the kitchen, yet my eyes were watering as strongly as if I were the one peeling the onions at that exact moment.
    Ever tried getting to sleep when one's eyes are streaming and raw from onion peeling?
    'Tisn't nice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #523

I think someone next door was doing something this morning involving hammering. This annoys me, because quite apart from its own annoyance factor, it's difficult to distinguish between the banging sound of someone hammering next door, and the banging sound of someone knocking heavily on the door.
    Not that I answered the door and found no-one there, of course. If someone knocks on my door unexpectedly at 11am while I'm still in bed, well, that's a bit silly of them, really. If they want a decent chance of an answer, they should ring the doorbell.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Studying is student and dying put together. Seriously.

I wish there is a way to get rid of flies, mozzies (mosquitoes), and cicadas; especially the last three. That would be awesome, and how much better would our lives be for it!
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

For the first time this winter, and only very, very briefly...

... there was snow.

Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    For the first time this winter, and only very, very briefly...

... there was snow.

You can have our snow if you want it, I'm tired of it

17. - Top - End - #527
    Bugbear in the Playground

*phew* I just finished my Economy final, and man was I lucky.
    Yesterday I was almost panicking because I realized that I knew a lot less than I thought. After telling myself several times that "I'm so screwed" I calmed down and calculated that I had enough time to study a chapter or two (out of 8), so I chose the last two chapters (poverty and big business) because, since they weren't on either mid-term, I figured there would be at least one question on those.

Today I entered the exam room, sat down, picked up the question sheet and went from to . Out of four questions, two were on poverty, and one was on big business. And the best part, I only had to answer 2 of them

Now all that's left is math and then I get to go home

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

I have my oral in half an hour (JITTERJITTERJITTER) and tomorrow a history exam that I haven't studied for at all because it's stupid. Pah. THEN I get to go home. I have ONE MORE NIGHT HERE and I should be packing but I'm not because I'm too nervous about the oral.

19. - Top - End - #529

I think someone next door was doing something this morning involving hammering. This annoys me, because quite apart from its own annoyance factor, it's difficult to distinguish between the banging sound of someone hammering next door, and the banging sound of someone knocking heavily on the door.
    Not that I answered the door and found no-one there, of course. If someone knocks on my door unexpectedly at 11am while I'm still in bed, well, that's a bit silly of them, really. If they want a decent chance of an answer, they should ring the doorbell.
    This student was woken up at the unholy and godless hour of quarter past seven by the overeager Male Parental Unit. It was dark, lonely, and very cold. Considering that Koorly is your typical student then you know she only went to bed a couple of minutes before two in the morning.
    And that was early for her.
    And so Koorly was cold and tired. And cold. ALso really quite tired.
    How was she awoken?
    Thump, thump, thump, thump! on the door naturally.
    A thoroughly unpleasant way to be woken.

Aside from that she was stuck babysitting a cold, and empty house for several hours that morning. Technically there were two dogs downstairs with her, a cat upstairs and Littlest Brother still in bed at eleven thirty, but she doesn't count them as she couldn't talk to them.
    'Twas also very boring.
    But when the Koorlykin Parents came back from their shopping they came bearing sweeties!
    And then followed this conversation:
    "Koorly, I bought you these from [name of shop]. They're quite sour."
    "Excellent!"
    "They may be a little too sour?"
    "Huh?"
    "The till lady asked how old you were before I bought the sweets."
    "Eh?"
    "She would have had to refuse sale if you were under eighteen because these are extremely sour."
    " . . . Oh my."
    "You still want to try them?"
    "Can't be that bad, surely?"
    So I picked up one of the ominous apple flavoured sweets and licked it. Once.
    " . . .
    " . . .
    "Fffffssssseeeeeeeeeep!"

Koorly's mouth imploded, the roof of her mouth was burnt, and her eyes teared up rather badly. She was rendered tasteless for nearly four minutes.
    From one lick.
    Koorly's Dad was fool enough to try putting an entire sweet into his mouth at once claiming his years of spicy food rendering himself almost dead of tongue would save him.
    His face contorted so much he was gurning and he actually cried. And he gasped.
    Just half an hour ago Koorly's Elder Younger Brother tried one. He, sensing something was up from the devious smirks on his Dad's and his Elder Sister's faces only licked it once.
    He is not good when it comes to sour sweets.
    He actually went down on his knees from the shock, now, allowing for his melodramatic side he still took it about twice as badly as Koorly did. Also Mum could hear from from downstairs.

Koorly doesn't know what those sweets are called, but they are so sour they intimidate her. It's not like there're even many sweets in quarter, but there're enough to last several days at the rate she's intimidated by them.
    Terrified by sweets. Some Goddess she is.

ION: Now there's only the diabetic grandmama to buy for. The crankiest of the Grandparents is bought for, and Granddad has some dozen books.

EDIT:
    @DeeRee Sis: PACK. NOW. It'll get your mind off the exam and you'll do something useful at the same time. And trust me, if you apck now you won't have to worry about it later on.
    Get it over and done with before the JITTERJITTERJITTERs get you.
    Good luck on the oral, you'll rock their socks off, naturally.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-16 at 12:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    <3

10hearts
    :o Does this mean it's time for the blue feather? Yes, Harvest Moon Reference

Hmm...well I feel a little less stressed than before. Got the results back from my slightly smaller paper. Got an A on it. Though I think it was actually a bit worse than my larger paper, I guess the professor for this class was a little more lenient on her requirements. So assuming she doesn't just randomly decide to plunge my grade into a B- for some arbitrary reason *This is the ONLY grade I've gotten for the entire semester so far*, I should be green for that course.

...Ah...now I need to finish editing my other paper. <.<; The one with over 5,000 words and 20+ pages.

Next time, I'm picking a topic that I actually DO know pretty well, like video games or um...the history of Scrooge McDuck? Something other than Blogging for sure. <.<; (I should have known that my sudden and almost passing interest in it wouldn't carry me through the whole thing.)

@Koorly: Aww... Don't be embarrassed, Koorly (Even if it is somewhat funny). Every deity has their weakness. I am sure that even the mighty Phase of the lunar cosmology, or the unflappable DragonRider of um...riding dragons...would be brought down by such a "sweet", as you so call it.

I mean, at least you got to see the look on your brother's face when he tried it too. >w< *snirk* That had to be worth something, yes?
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-12-16 at 12:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    :o Does this mean it's time for the blue feather? Yes, Harvest Moon Reference
    You should be ashamed.

...and I should be ashamed for getting the reference without looking at the white text...

Next time, I'm picking a topic that I actually DO know pretty well, like video games or um...the history of Scrooge McDuck? Something other than Blogging for sure. <.<; (I should have known that my sudden and almost passing interest in it wouldn't carry me through the whole thing.)
    Remind me to tell you someday about how pretty nearly 75% of the essays I wrote my Junior and Senior years of University were all about Silent Hill in one way or another

@Koorly: Aww... Don't be embarrassed, Koorly (Even if it is somewhat funny). Every deity has their weakness. I am sure that even the mighty Phase of the lunar cosmology, or the unflappable DragonRider of um...riding dragons...would be brought down by such a "sweet", as you so call it.

I mean, at least you got to see the look on your brother's face when he tried it too. >w< *snirk* That had to be worth something, yes?
    There are few greater pleasures than being immune to a sour candy and then watching a friend try one.

Though, from the sound of things, those things probably would've put me on the floor...

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    You should be ashamed.

...and I should be ashamed for getting the reference without looking at the white text...
    Don't worry we can all be ashamed together.

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Don't worry we can all be ashamed together.
    Yes, well you won't get the double-whammy of feeling old as well.

...I first thought of the very first Harvest Moon...on the SNES...way back when...

24. - Top - End - #534

DeeRee is the Goddess of Inventing Languages. She's one of my younger almost-triplet siblings.
    And I don't mind being brought low by a sweet, it was completely unexpected so I wasn't prepared. It's still bad, but not as shocking as it was.

I laughed like a drain for over a minute.
    Totally worth everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    There are few greater pleasures than being immune to a sour candy and then watching a friend try one.

Though, from the sound of things, those things probably would've put me on the floor...
    Indeed, I'm immune to most types of sour sweets, and I take a small amount of sadistic glee from eating sour sweeties with other people. Especially Best Friend, she can't handle her sour sweets very well.
    But I do think they would have shocked most lovers of sour sweets. Even Toxic Waste isn't restricted to people above a certain age! I think that until one had acclimatised to the sweet it would be difficult to eat.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

...laughed like a drain...
    What? I looked it up and it still doesn't make any sense.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

26. - Top - End - #536

I... want to try one of those sweets. Given the description, I want to try one while sitting down comfortably, possibly with a glass of water on hand just in case, but I want to try one.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

27. - Top - End - #537

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    What? I looked it up and it still doesn't make any sense.
    Yes it does.
    Elder Younger Brother was in discomfort and agony. I laughed loudly, and probably a little coarsely, at his pain.
    If you mean you don't understand why it's 'like a drain', don't worry, neither do I.

I... want to try one of those sweets. Given the description, I want to try one while sitting down comfortably, possibly with a glass of water on hand just in case, but I want to try one.
    Okay, just asked Mum, she says they were simply called "Sours." They're spherical, with a ridge dividing into into two hemi-spheres. Dusted with white powder.
    They come in many flavours, Mum saw four different tubs of them, each a separate flavour and she bought the apples ones.
    Initially she was going to buy the lemon ones, but after hearing the "If your daughter is less than eighteen years old we're not allowed to sell them to you." thing she changed it.

They might be hard to find as Mum got them from a pic 'n' mix shop so you have to buy them by the quarter, half pound or pound. I'll be going town tomorrow so I'll pop in the shop and ask for the name and where you can buy them from.

Oh yeah, seeing as I've not got much to do, I'm thinking of actually sitting down and watching all three LoTR films. Extended edition. All in a row.
    Should I?

EDIT:
    @Thufir: It occured to me that my pic 'n' mix shop might have a website. They do. And an eBay shop.
    The sweeties are fizz balls. Or at least they match the sweets sitting right next to me. You can't get them separate online for some reason. They also do lemon and orange ones is you feel especially brave.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-16 at 01:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #538

Oh yeah, seeing as I've not got much to do, I'm thinking of actually sitting down and watching all three LoTR films. Extended edition. All in a row.
    Should I?
    With or without toilet breaks?

And speaking of those sour sweets, I think I had one of them once. I knew they were sour, but I thought that meant they were sort of on the level of Toxic Waste sweets. Yeah. I put the whole one in my mouth for a second. Not a good idea.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

DeeRee is the Goddess of Inventing Languages. She's one of my younger almost-triplet siblings.
    And I don't mind being brought low by a sweet, it was completely unexpected so I wasn't prepared. It's still bad, but not as shocking as it was.
    I actually spent an hour yesterday on Aywen grammar. It was awesome.

ION: The oral went pretty well. My professor said I was really well-organized and coherent. Still . . . 86/100 . . . okay but not ideal.

30. - Top - End - #540

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    With or without toilet breaks?
    With. Definitely not without.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    And speaking of those sour sweets, I think I had one of them once. I knew they were sour, but I thought that meant they were sort of on the level of Toxic Waste sweets. Yeah. I put the whole one in my mouth for a second. Not a good idea.
    How did you react?
    Koorly level, Koorly's Dad level or Elder Younger Brother level? Something in between?
    I still don't like those sweets, I'm taking them one quarter of a sphere at a time. The only plus side to putting the whole sweet in your mouth (if you can handle it for the time it takes) is that it'll take out most of the sour coating and top layer.
    If you can handle it.
    Which I severely doubt.

ION:
    Bought some new tea today.
    Blackcurrant, Ginseng and Vanilla tea. It's a pink-purple tea!
    That's awesome.
    It's my first time trying something other than Lord/Lady Gray, and it's also my first fruit tea. It's nice, the blackcurrant is a bit strong, especially the longer one leaves it to steep, so I may actually flavour this one with honey as recommended by Twinings.
    It smells delicious.
    I'll be blunt, I don't especially like it right now, particularly because I kind of let the tea go tepid (I was watching Home Alone) which made the blackcurrant too strong.
    However, if I rejected Lord Gray after the first cup I'd never be a semi-addict now.

To all tea lovers! Probably just Kneen, what else would you recommend?

EDIT:
    @DeeRee Sis: See? Told you you'd do wonderfully. And before you say you didn't 86 is still an A right?
    And it's your first Final so it can't count for much of your overall degree. Don't worry, be happy, enjoy your grade, get to packing and working on the finer intricacies of Aywen (pardon me if I spelt it wrong, I only seen it once for a few seconds) grammar.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-16 at 02:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!