New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    (she's not a *professor* - no PhD)
    Have to point out, it takes more than a PhD to be a professor.

My term finishes on friday. Were it not for the nonsensical errors in my presentation, I would be pretty much done with working already. As it is, I may be working up to my final day.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Eat Poop You Cat
    Round 1 (0/8)- Currently Playing: N/A

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Dude, he got an iPod for his 2nd birthday? O_o

Lucky kids these days... >.<
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Dude, he got an iPod for his 2nd birthday? O_o

Lucky kids these days... >.<
    *reads*

wat.

Just.

wat.
    trill in da playground

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

At least it wasn't an iPhone. By gods that'd scare me. It really would. I'd very nearly run away in denial I'd be so scared. Kids shouldn't be getting iPods, zoons, or anything technological until much later. Honestly. They should be going outside, or simply looking around for things to do! Dammit. Childrens' creativity and insight is going way downhill.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

...iPods...for your 2nd birthday.

...that..that is just wrong.

D< And what is with kids these days who all have cell phones? I swear, what do they need them for? They're kids! They shouldn't be racking up a phone bill!

...Man now I DO feel old.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I feel AWESOME.

No school tomorrow, plus I just got my new ThinkGeek soundtrack t-shirt in the mail!

Woot.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...iPods...for your 2nd birthday.

...that..that is just wrong.

D< And what is with kids these days who all have cell phones? I swear, what do they need them for? They're kids! They shouldn't be racking up a phone bill!

...Man now I DO feel old.
    I think the thought is that it's so they can keep in contact with their parents when they're elsewhere - though I personally just think that's lazy parenting.

I only got my cell because I started driving and my parents wanted me to have something on me in case of emergencies. I hardly ever use the darn thing.

On a tangential note, I'm probably one of the last people in the world who don't have texting. I just don't see the draw of it.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    On a tangential note, I'm probably one of the last people in the world who don't have texting. I just don't see the draw of it.
    I don't like texting. It's like saying "I want to talk to you, but I don't want to hear you."

At least that's my thought. Also: my cellphone is my family's land-line. We don't own an actual land-line.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Agreed: texting is lame. Especially when people do it while meandering through crowded public areas.
    I don't have a cellphone at all, and my home phone is old-fashioned with a ring that actually physically rings a bell. Love that big, bright sound. No rotary though, alas.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

I don't text either, but for an entirely different reason. Why, if I have a cell phone, would I use it to send you text? If I wanted to send you text, I would use an e-mail or an IM or heck, in a pinch, I could send you a message on Facebook. :p

I think the whole "unlimited texting" thing is what draws people. When you have that on your plan, if you do, then it's basically a way to contact someone for absolutely nothing. No used up minutes of your plan or anything.

You want to know what really makes no sense though?

TEXTING WHILE YOU DRIVE A CAR!

D: Good God, people. We're supposed to be the intelligent lifeform on this planet. Though I guess, if you're texting while you drive, the "intelligent" part is already questionable...
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-12-09 at 08:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't like texting either; it's a little cumbersome. My cell does have a camera though As for ring tone, I usually keep my cell on vibrate, meaning it doesn't matter.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

People in forums who don't like texting? I'm a little surprised, actually. I like texting for the exact same reasons I like forums and e-mail.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    People in forums who don't like texting? I'm a little surprised, actually. I like texting for the exact same reasons I like forums and e-mail.
    But see, like I already said, if you can use forums and e-mails, why bother with texting? It seems redundant...and it's not like texting on your cell phone is any easier than using a keyboard.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    But see, like I already said, if you can use forums and e-mails, why bother with texting? It seems redundant...and it's not like texting on your cell phone is any easier than using a keyboard.
    It's a lot easier than using a keyboard when you don't have a computer handy. Seriously, most all my texting is done in public (and is usually a message to one of my parents that I'm done whatever I'm doing and need to be picked up).
    Eat Poop You Cat
    Round 1 (0/8)- Currently Playing: N/A

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I don't like texting. It's like saying "I want to talk to you, but I don't want to hear you."
    Not really, the real usefulness of texting is not for having a conversation, but rather to send a unidirectional message. For example if I want to tell my mother that I'll be home late I'll just send her a text. I just want to let her know about it, not discuss it. If she, on the other hand, does want to discuss it then she can call me.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fostire View Post
    Not really, the real usefulness of texting is not for having a conversation, but rather to send a unidirectional message. For example if I want to tell my mother that I'll be home late I'll just send her a text. I just want to let her know about it, not discuss it. If she, on the other hand, does want to discuss it then she can call me.
    True. Not to mention, if you're in a position where you can't really make noise (i.e. a phone call), a text is a handy alternative.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Colossus in the Playground

After 9 straight hours of work, I'm done my answer outlines for tomorrow's exam. 3 essay questions, 3 pages single-spaced each. Closed book only, Final Destination. Only outlines, though, if detailed ones. Now not to forget them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Finals are over, Muppet Christmas Carol is on, laptop is warm, got a post cooking. It's glory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Finals are over, Muppet Christmas Carol is on, laptop is warm, got a post cooking. It's glory.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I liked Kermit in that movie. The human, not so much.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Sounds like somebody's got finals.

@Assassin89: You don't like Michael Caine? Blasphemy, madness, and heresy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    I liked Kermit in that movie. The human, not so much.

It's Michael Caine...

That's just...

24. - Top - End - #54

Sounds like somebody's got finals.

@Assassin89: You don't like Michael Caine? Blasphemy, madness, and heresy.
    Read the post directly above yours. If I didn't know better, I might have thought you did that on purpose.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Pssh. As if I read Random Banter before posting.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-09 at 11:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

NecromancerGuy

texting can, however, work when you're too out of breath to carry on a conversation and/or want to get a specific instruction out that doesn't need an immediate response.

...Also, Texting while naked is strangely liberating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

As is posting while naked.

This laptop really is quite warm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

NecromancerGuy

Lucky. Mine has a metal exterior and I haven't found a cooling mat for it yet, so I'd just burn off my leg hair...

Hmm. I wonder if that'd work to help get rid of all of my leg hair....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I have lost some hair. No leg hair yet, though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

I need two things.

1. A haircut.
    2. A beard.

These problems may be connected...