New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    Bleh. I will probably end up getting a high C in maths, a high B in biology and American history, and either a high B or an A in writing.

...This will be my first year not getting straight A's in everything. I even got straight A's (unadjusted) when I was studying everything in native-level Chinese. So why do I seem to be incapable of getting an A in my primary (though admittedly not first) language?!
    That's okay. You and I can be companions in not meeting the family standards.

When I was home for Thanksgiving I was asking my mum about her grades in college, because she's always talked about how 'Oh, I got Bs, my grades weren't nearly as good as in high school'.

Turns out she got, like, two Bs and one B+ her ENTIRE CAREER AT A UNIVERSITY. Four years times two semesters per year times four classes per semester equals 32 classes equals 29 As.

Yeah, life's not fair. I'm pretty sure I've got an A in at least one history class, maybe a high B in the class in which I had the oral, high B/low A in the class whose final is tomorrow, and low B in Spanish.

Not bad, but not great either.

Oh well. 's just grades. I'm not supposed to care, right?

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Aside from that she was stuck babysitting a cold, and empty house for several hours that morning. Technically there were two dogs downstairs with her, a cat upstairs and Littlest Brother still in bed at eleven thirty, but she doesn't count them as she couldn't talk to them.
    'Twas also very boring.
    But when the Koorlykin Parents came back from their shopping they came bearing sweeties!
    And then followed this conversation:
    "Koorly, I bought you these from [name of shop]. They're quite sour."
    "Excellent!"
    "They may be a little too sour?"
    "Huh?"
    "The till lady asked how old you were before I bought the sweets."
    "Eh?"
    "She would have had to refuse sale if you were under eighteen because these are extremely sour."
    " . . . Oh my."
    "You still want to try them?"
    "Can't be that bad, surely?"
    So I picked up one of the ominous apple flavoured sweets and licked it. Once.
    " . . .
    " . . .
    "Fffffssssseeeeeeeeeep!"

Koorly's mouth imploded, the roof of her mouth was burnt, and her eyes teared up rather badly. She was rendered tasteless for nearly four minutes.
    From one lick.
    Koorly's Dad was fool enough to try putting an entire sweet into his mouth at once claiming his years of spicy food rendering himself almost dead of tongue would save him.
    His face contorted so much he was gurning and he actually cried. And he gasped.
    Just half an hour ago Koorly's Elder Younger Brother tried one. He, sensing something was up from the devious smirks on his Dad's and his Elder Sister's faces only licked it once.
    He is not good when it comes to sour sweets.
    He actually went down on his knees from the shock, now, allowing for his melodramatic side he still took it about twice as badly as Koorly did. Also Mum could hear from from downstairs.

Koorly doesn't know what those sweets are called, but they are so sour they intimidate her. It's not like there're even many sweets in quarter, but there're enough to last several days at the rate she's intimidated by them.
    Terrified by sweets. Some Goddess she is.
    I want one.

That is all I have to say about that. I'm rather good with sour, and would probably do the foolish/brave thing and pop in a whole one. I've done worse things before, I'm sure it wouldn't kill me.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #573
    Firbolg in the Playground

Right, my dinner is in the oven, it'll be ready around... midnight. Excellent. Why am I good at organising things on the internet, but not my own real life?

*flees the many math and Science! lovers*
    *Gives chase*
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

well, on the way to a swim meet, our bus broke down. so we had to go back to the school and call our parents and such. and I was looking forward to doing three events this time...

on the bright side, only 2 more days until winter break for me!

5. - Top - End - #575

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    You weirdo freaks. You obviously never had teachers that steadfastly refused to give anything but absolute perfection an A. You don't know yer born!
    I do have teachers like this. Obviously I always get As and A*s.

I got braces. Yay for feeling terrible, and having a mouth full of cuts.
    At least your stupid teeth are ready for braces. I've had a space retainer for almost a year now, because I had too many teeth and some of them couldn't even grow in. If my brother is anything to go by, I'll be done with orthodontal work when I'm 22.

I'm fifteen.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

American history . . . from what I've heard it's only three hundred odd years, maybe it was boring you hence the less focus?
    *snip*
    English is amazing! And History!
    ...D: I think you have a problem here, Koorly.

But don't worry. ;o I won't tell anyone. Besides, American History didn't really start getting interesting until at least the mid-1800's. Say, remember that purchase we made from Napoleon? Over 2 Square Million Kilometers of land? And how 'bout that civil war we had? My were those interesting times.

;o Yes, I do know quite a bit about my own nation's history. This is why my favorite president is Theodore Roosevelt, despite his somewhat devilish dealings in Central America.

@Peren: Aww...;-; Always sucks when the bus breaks down.

Well...hope your winter break is fun! ^.^
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I do have teachers like this. Obviously I always get As and A*s.

At least your stupid teeth are ready for braces. I've had a space retainer for almost a year now, because I had too many teeth and some of them couldn't even grow in. If my brother is anything to go by, I'll be done with orthodontal work when I'm 22.

I'm fifteen.
    A* what? We never used A* except in mocks. And anyway, you just said you got As which is one less than the top grade. OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH. BOYO.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2009-12-16 at 06:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578

Hmm. HMMM.
    I repent nothing! Except that time in Y10 when I . . . but that's all.

You weirdo freaks. You obviously never had teachers that steadfastly refused to give anything but absolute perfection an A. You don't know yer born!

In other news: I have come into the possession of my very first hoodie. I think I may now be 'Yoof' and/or 'Street'. I think that is the case.

You have been infected by Manchester. There is no saving you now.
    Next thing you know you'll be downing cans of lager and talking about how amazing [insert reality show here] was while wearing seven ounces of 'bling' and flaunting your ASBOs.
    Alas, poor Bath, we hardly knew ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    That's okay. You and I can be companions in not meeting the family standards.

When I was home for Thanksgiving I was asking my mum about her grades in college, because she's always talked about how 'Oh, I got Bs, my grades weren't nearly as good as in high school'.

Turns out she got, like, two Bs and one B+ her ENTIRE CAREER AT A UNIVERSITY. Four years times two semesters per year times four classes per semester equals 32 classes equals 29 As.

Yeah, life's not fair. I'm pretty sure I've got an A in at least one history class, maybe a high B in the class in which I had the oral, high B/low A in the class whose final is tomorrow, and low B in Spanish.

Not bad, but not great either.

Oh well. 's just grades. I'm not supposed to care, right?
    Your mother's crazy smart. Mine don't have any expectations, not really. I beat them all academically when I left secondary school with actual GCSEs. Anything else is just a bonus.
    I pity the younger siblings though. It's a must. If a friend has younger siblings you immediately pity them because they have [Friend's name] to live up to.
    Also: for a first term Bs and As is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I want one.

That is all I have to say about that. I'm rather good with sour, and would probably do the foolish/brave thing and pop in a whole one. I've done worse things before, I'm sure it wouldn't kill me.
    Do you like your sense of taste?
    Then you may want to take your time. I've actually given away moe of my sweets than eaten them.
    Oh the looks on their faces. Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    *Gives chase*
    I still repent nothing!
    Halp! DeeRee, Cyssy halp your fellow humanities geek! QUickly now, before they have me discussing real imaginary numbers in baize space and peppermint resons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #579

A* what? We never used A* except in mocks. And anyway, you just said you got As which is one less than the top grade. OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH. BOYO.
    Heh, there's been A* at GCSE for ages now, but they're introducing it at A level, just in time for it to be available for my year. For once, the education system works in my favour. First, the grades available at A level...

Next, THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAhA
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

I repent nothing! Except that time in Y10 when I . . . but that's all.

You have been infected by Manchester. There is no saving you now.
    Next thing you know you'll be downing cans of lager and talking about how amazing [insert reality show here] was while wearing seven ounces of 'bling' and flaunting your ASBOs.
    Alas, poor Bath, we hardly knew ye.
    Man, you're getting Manchester confused with Liverpool. Manchester just has gangs of racist bastards murdering each other. No more chav-types than anywhere else. By percentage, perhaps even less than places such as Cambridge, Oxford or other smallish towns.

@Dogstar: You misunderstand, we had the A* grade, but it was never used except in official examinations (or mocks for said examinations). Regular grades/work/etc. was all A-D graded.

11. - Top - End - #581

Ah, the fact you said "in mocks" was what put me off. Despite the fact I have just had my mock GCSEs, at the beginning of Year 10 at my school, we start getting A*s for bits of homework too, just to give an idea of the standard required.
    BANG → !

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfft! Still not good enough! Unless you get a hunnerd percent in everything forever you fail at life! Only the best of the best of the best! How do you expect to get a job with only 12 A*s eh? Some starving African children would be fed for a week on your leftover percentages. Tut tut. For shame.
    (says the man with only 2 A*s to his name. 10 As, but those are NOT GOOD ENOUGH also a B)

13. - Top - End - #583

I still repent nothing!
    Halp! DeeRee, Cyssy halp your fellow humanities geek! QUickly now, before they have me discussing real imaginary numbers in baize space and peppermint resons.
    Too late. I may have been out of training for 6 years, but there's a reason I did county junior athletics in the first place.
    Now, you are captured and at my mercy. You have but one chance:
    JOIN ME. When our two disparate disciplines unite, none shall stand before us! We shall RULE the WORLD!! Mwahahahahhahahaa!!!!
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I'm fifteen.
    I feel oooollld.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    But don't worry. ;o I won't tell anyone. Besides, American History didn't really start getting interesting until at least the mid-1800's.
    NOT TRUE! I <3 American History. And all history. My major is going to be in medieval European history, though, because a) I love it and always have, and b) the best professor at this entire school, through a huge stroke of luck, happens to be the one who teaches in that area. TWO OF MY FOUR CLASSES are with him next semester. SO EXCITED.

Your mother's crazy smart. Mine don't have any expectations, not really. I beat them all academically when I left secondary school with actual GCSEs. Anything else is just a bonus.
    I pity the younger siblings though. It's a must. If a friend has younger siblings you immediately pity them because they have [Friend's name] to live up to.
    Also: for a first term Bs and As is good.
    Yeah, Mum IS crazy smart. She got combined master's and PhD in five years (normal, at least in anthropology, is 7) while being a full-time mother for two children under the age of four. While my dad was also in school. I don't know how she did it.

Also, because it's the first semester I'm not too worried. Next semester I should have better grades anyway, because all my professors are exactly the same (except I'm replacing a class taught by Impossible Mediterranean History Professor with one by Awesome Medieval History Professor) so I know what they want from me. The first half of a class is always figuring out the expectations . . . .

I still repent nothing!
    Ummmm . . . have some 2000-year-old texts and a Shakespeare play?

16. - Top - End - #586

How do you expect to get a job with only 12 A*s eh?
    Be amazing if I manage that, considering I'm only doing 10, I think. I might be doing 11, I can't remember...
    I know I've got 2 A*s already though, so Damn Good Times.

Phase: That's because you are. You're old and obsolete. You should just kill yourself. I'm curious though, how old did you think I was?
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2009-12-16 at 06:53 PM.
    BANG → !

17. - Top - End - #587
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...D: I think you have a problem here, Koorly.

But don't worry. ;o I won't tell anyone. Besides, American History didn't really start getting interesting until at least the mid-1800's. Say, remember that purchase we made from Napoleon? Over 2 Square Million Kilometers of land? And how 'bout that civil war we had? My were those interesting times.

;o Yes, I do know quite a bit about my own nation's history. This is why my favorite president is Theodore Roosevelt, despite his somewhat devilish dealings in Central America.

@Peren: Aww...;-; Always sucks when the bus breaks down.

Well...hope your winter break is fun! ^.^
    Ah, Teddy Roosevelt... By far the manliest president we have ever had. He even delivered a speech after being shot.
    Avatar by Recaiden Find more Necrons here
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Characters: Gronk 2-1

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

So Angel goes from causing 49 miscarriages at the same time to silly dancing and sexual tension...

Joss Whedon.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

@Geekish: I take objection to this.

Teddy Roosevelt was shot, then said some words.

Andrew Jackson was shot, then killed the bastard that shot him.

Jackson wins. FATALITY.

Muffarroo: Is that the comic or the show?
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-16 at 07:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the geekish one View Post
    Ah, Teddy Roosevelt... By far the manliest president we have ever had. He even delivered a speech after being shot.
    Well yeah. Teddy Roosevelt would challenge visitors to the White House to a wrestling match.

Dogmantra: 18-odd

21. - Top - End - #591

Man, you're getting Manchester confused with Liverpool. Manchester just has gangs of racist bastards murdering each other. No more chav-types than anywhere else. By percentage, perhaps even less than places such as Cambridge, Oxford or other smallish towns.
    In that case you're becoming a big meanie-head hiding all your hair away. Never cut your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Too late. I may have been out of training for 6 years, but there's a reason I did county junior athletics in the first place.
    Now, you are captured and at my mercy. You have but one chance:
    JOIN ME. When our two disparate disciplines unite, none shall stand before us! We shall RULE the WORLD!! Mwahahahahhahahaa!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
    SPORTS!
    ATHLETICS!!
    No! No! You shall not capture me. I will not be beated by an ex-athlete! Even if he is now doing a Masters degree in Math and something complicated and to do with binary stars which is pretty sweet.
    But I will not be beaten by you.

NOT TRUE! I <3 American History. And all history. My major is going to be in medieval European history, though, because a) I love it and always have, and b) the best professor at this entire school, through a huge stroke of luck, happens to be the one who teaches in that area. TWO OF MY FOUR CLASSES are with him next semester. SO EXCITED.
    I love Medieval History! Did it for an A Level which I rocked in. It's amazing and I loved every minute of it, true, I focused more on Medieval England (and Europe (and the Really Nearby East)) but it was amazing nonetheless.
    Modern history sucks.
    It's one of the reasons I'm taking Course II English next year: we can branch out into archaeology, Old Norse and history. How brilliant is that?!
    I'd have loved to take Ancient History and CLassical Archaeology as a degree (which is also offered at my uni), but I happily regret nothing.

Yeah, Mum IS crazy smart. She got combined master's and PhD in five years (normal, at least in anthropology, is 7) while being a full-time mother for two children under the age of four. While my dad was also in school. I don't know how she did it.
    Yup. Certifiably insanely smart.
    I'm going to do that. Not with the children and all, but get to my Doctorate as quickly as possible without ruining the experience.

Also, because it's the first semester I'm not too worried. Next semester I should have better grades anyway, because all my professors are exactly the same (except I'm replacing a class taught by Impossible Mediterranean History Professor with one by Awesome Medieval History Professor) so I know what they want from me. The first half of a class is always figuring out the expectations . . . .
    Awesome Medieval History Teacher is awesome purely by his subject. Is he also amazing for any other reasons? And yep, first term's generally a paddling one.
    Then you'll get kicked into the deep end. Can't wait. Can you?

Ummmm . . . have some 2000-year-old texts and a Shakespeare play?
    Sweet!

CURLY plays:
    The Wrath of Achilles and The World's Greatest Playwright!
    Wrath of Achilles goes into aristeia mode. It's super-effective!
    The World's Greatest Playwright rewrites THUFIR's history making him an evil man. THUFIR's POPULARITY RATINGS take a critical hit!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #592
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    @Geekish: I take objection to this.

Teddy Roosevelt was shot, then said some words.

Andrew Jackson was shot, then killed the bastard that shot him.

Jackson wins. FATALITY.

Yes, but I think that Teddy was manlier. Jackson was just a stone cold (hyphenated?) badass.
    Last edited by the geekish one; 2009-12-16 at 07:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    The show. First Season, episode Expecting followed by She.

It's just... wow. They're not meant to be watched one after the other.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Thing you need to know about the first season of Angel. Thing you need to know, is...it's not good.

The show gets better, but the first season is sort of bad.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-16 at 07:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #595
    Banned

So, arguing the manliness of past presidents and discussing Angel. How very festive.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Perhaps we should be singing Feliz Navidad and overdoing the eggnog, eh? Because nothing says the Holidays like ear-aching pop songs and alcoholism.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-16 at 07:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

In that case you're becoming a big meanie-head hiding all your hair away. Never cut your hair.
    Too late! Ahahaha.

@Jibar: On the topic of Angel, I saw a comic today that was an Angel/Jim Henson Puppets crossover. When Angel is a felt puppet it adds a certain... surrealness to the whole franchise.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Banned

Go eat some tinsel, you're ruining my holiday cheer.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now that I have brushed up on my history, Jackson was in a lot of duels. However, Teddy was part of the Rough Riders regiment, and almost certainly killed a bunch of dudes.

Wow, Dragonrider... your mom is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    So, arguing the manliness of past presidents and discussing Angel. How very festive.
    Festive, indeed.
    Last edited by the geekish one; 2009-12-16 at 07:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Go eat some tinsel, you're ruining my holiday cheer.
    Oh, alright, let's get so festive it hurts.

How about some music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dlqsokMfc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHKTj02cmHI
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show