New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

The movies were awesome. The books? Eh.

Also, RAAAAAGGGEE at paperwork. I hate everything eff word graaaah

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

I just spent most of the day picking apart cars. Ugh. Still gotta find a hood, a radiator, and a headlight/bracket. Last one can probably not be from a scrapyard.

Then I get to pry the busted stuff out. This next week is going to be fun.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What happened again that you need to cannibalize hulks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

Assuming that "hulks" means "cars", my friend rear ended someone a few days ago and messed up his front end, so I'm helping him fix it in my spare time.

5. - Top - End - #695

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Assuming that "hulks" means "cars", my friend rear ended someone a few days ago and messed up his front end, so I'm helping him fix it in my spare time.
    Hulks meaning dead cars.

That's awfully good of you. Hope your work goes swiftly enough.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

Heh...I spent a good hour ripping off a piece of metal behind the grill. Swiftly isn't the word I'd use

Really though, I've got nothing better to do in my free time, though it'd be nice if he weren't broke - that way we wouldn't have to hop around salvage yards to piece together things.

On the plus side, bumper, front panel, driver side window, and A/C condenser all for under $100.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    I dunno. Putting random sound combinations together is probably easier than learning over 10,000 words and expressions, not to mention another grammar system.
    Yes, but putting them together in specific ratios while still appearing random enough to sound like you aren't repeating yourself constantly?

That's the part that's beyond me. >.<
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

8. - Top - End - #698

NecromancerGuy

Well, cheaply and safely aren't bad either, Jacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Yes, but putting them together in specific ratios while still appearing random enough to sound like you aren't repeating yourself constantly?

That's the part that's beyond me. >.<
    Did you just forget what the refrain/chorus is for?
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Plus there's cleary sub-text going on between Sam and Frodo. Clearly. So clear it's all but text.
    Sorry for bringing us back to this topic after a page, but...too hard to pass up the opportunity to post this. Just for Curly
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

I'm safe...I'm totally wearing gloves and safety glasses. What could go wrong

11. - Top - End - #701

NecromancerGuy

Well, getting teleported to Australia comes to mind. Or Mt. Everest.

Or having all of your exes, ever, show up and beat the snot out of you with tire irons and then messing up all of your handy work.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Or having all of your exes, ever, show up and beat the snot out of you with tire irons and then messing up all of your handy work.
    Isn't this the plot of "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past?"

13. - Top - End - #703

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Isn't this the plot of "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past?"
    Um, I don't know... Nor have I heard of that...show or movie or play or whatever. Probably movie...

I feel dumb and ignorant now. Dangit Phase!

It'd be pretty bad for me, I imagine. Especially if only 5 girls showed up, as that would mean that I wouldn't have any future exes. Which could mean 1 of 2 or 3 things.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #704
    Barbarian in the Playground

My heating has broken. It's really cold. I hate my life.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    *wraps you in a blankie and offers hot chocolate and snuggles*

My sympathies. However, this is something easy to counter.

...or, rather, easier than having your AC break in summer. Curse you, 100+ degree Georgia summers! >.<
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Sorry for bringing us back to this topic after a page, but...too hard to pass up the opportunity to post this. Just for Curly
    Huzzah! My dad printed off all of these up to Elrond, but I never knew where on the internet they actually came from, so I never got to read the rest.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! I'm a helper! ^.^
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Barbarian in the Playground

Snow stopped being fun when the heating went off.

19. - Top - End - #709

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    On the bright side, as long as you're bundled up properly, it won't be too bad for you to go outside.

Hmm. I think if you basically seal off a smaller room where most of the animals/people of the house are going to be spending most of their time it won't be too bad.

But this sort of thing is why I value fire places.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #710
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oooh, it snowed for a little bit a few minutes ago. Probably all melted by now, but it snowed; and it's practically Christmas. Almost.
    And I now officially declare all my Christmas shopping complete. Littlest Brother now owns a copy of Les Mis. And the morrow is the Delivering.

And for my next trick! I shall read the entirety of my omnibus LoTR including appendices (1112 pages) in twenty-four hours.
    And seeing as I did the back-to-back movie trilogy that will be twenty-four hours from opening the book to pg. 1 and then the clock starts running.
    I don't actually know why I'm doing this, same with yesterday's marathon, but it seems like a good idea.
    And I haven't read it in almost nine years, so I believe I'll give it a re-read to see if I still don't like it or not.

P.S.
    It's bally cold. I walked into town today and lost all feeling in my face and ears within five minutes of leaving the house.
    I do not deal well with the cold.
    It's colder Up Country, and it'll be colder still come January/February time. I'm tempted to just stay home and fly north for the summer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, New York City.

Home to the NYC Gilbert an Sullivan Players! Great commercial! I'm seeing their Ruddigore!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

Just got back from a visit to my old High School after several years. Man, things sure have not actually changed that much.

I mean, I could say that all the people there are unfamiliar to me and different, but really only the Principal is new, and I actually knew him for a year or two before I left. Both my math teachers were there (One who taught regular math, and one who taught the advanced course for Pre-Calc), along with my favorite English Teacher. He seems to be doing alright. It occurs to me now that I should've asked him about his daughter. But he seems to be doing alright.

My sister is doing the costumes for a play at the school. Along with that, my cousin who lives next door is the director, my dad is the set designer, and my mother is doing the lights. Not that either of my other brothers are doing anything for it, but suddenly I feel like I ought to be doing more with my time. o.o;
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh God god God

God damn it housemates.
    They go, turn the alarm on. I don't hear this, step outside THE RINGING WON'T STOP.
    I don't know the code, I don't have their numbers, I don't know what to do I'm just shut in my room pretending it doesn't exist.

Did good. 3 months until my nervous breakdown.

Edit: Okay, it's stopped beeping and I've calmed down. Stuck in my room now however.

Oh well. At least I'm alive.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2009-12-18 at 05:51 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

24. - Top - End - #714

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Oh God god God

God damn it housemates.
    They go, turn the alarm on. I don't hear this, step outside THE RINGING WON'T STOP.
    I don't know the code, I don't have their numbers, I don't know what to do I'm just shut in my room pretending it doesn't exist.

Did good. 3 months until my nervous breakdown.

Edit: Okay, it's stopped beeping and I've calmed down. Stuck in my room now however.

Oh well. At least I'm alive.
    Well, on the bright side you now have motive and great incentive for getting their numbers.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Their alarms are coded? Strewth.

Or do you mean their doors are...coded? I don't know how your dorms work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ettin in the Playground

I live in a house off campus.
    The alarm is just a general house alarm that triggers if anyone is in the hallway.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

27. - Top - End - #717

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    I live in a house off campus.
    The alarm is just a general house alarm that triggers if anyone is in the hallway.
    ...That's a strange alarm. Wouldn't be useful except for vacations and even then....

Well, I guess it might be useful if one was tyrannical enough to actually try to seal someone in their room for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-18 at 08:37 PM.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Maaan. I appear to be the drunk herder for Manchester. Nevermind.

@Jibar: So it's a burglar alarm? It might be a good idea to remember the code in future (this is from personal experience)

29. - Top - End - #719
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anyone up for Scrabble with Player_Zero and me? We're on Lexulous in the Multiplayer Room, as usual.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

In like Flynn, am I.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show