New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Wait, wait.
    Wait...
    You have a cat tree?

Our cat just uses the Christmas Tree...
    Spoiler
    Show
    behold the marvelous cat tree:
    Spoiler
    Show

and my cat at home does that with our christmas tree too

Huh... My mom can fit about 5 on... one behind her neck/on her shoulders, three on her legs and torso and one on her chest. But that's when she's reclining on the couch or in the recliner with the leg rest up.
    I have the foot rest up, but my laptop is taking up some room and i'm sitting up. So if I got rid of my lap top and laid down there'd probably be more room.
    Last edited by Perenelle; 2009-12-21 at 10:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

mmm... We think this might have been when one of them was trying to get her attention while she was on her laptop last, actually haha.

She was still reclining though, hence the leg cats.

Edit: Heh. I just realised something.*Nom Perenelle*
    Nonpareil
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-21 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #933
    Troll in the Playground

I had "Hot Stuff" stuck in my head all day during work. That made things a little interesting.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    I had "Hot Stuff" stuck in my head all day during work. That made things a little interesting.
    It's probably better than having, say Gay Bar stuck in your head during work. Or any other Electric Six song, really.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

True, but having the urge to do this in a grocery store.

As I told my brother (who got the song stuck in my head) - "This is going to end humorously"

6. - Top - End - #936

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    It's probably better than having, say Gay Bar stuck in your head during work. Or any other Electric Six song, really.
    We were singing danger, high voltage to our selves while putting out zucchini once while working produce.

We were rather embarrassed once we realized what was going on.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

True, but having the urge to do this in a grocery store.

As I told my brother (who got the song stuck in my head) - "This is going to end humorously"
    Eh, that's nothing. We once did the full opening number from Westside Story in a public square, pretending it was completely spontaneous (we did the music a cappella).
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I like shapkas myself.
    Things like this amuse me. Not that Jack likes shapkas, but words like shapka, kielbasa, and queso. All of these are mundane words in their root languages, but have somehow gained a sense of cool in their usage elsewhere.

Shapka is Russian for "hat" but conversationally means a very specific style of hat imagined on Soviet heads.
    Kielbasa/Kolbasa is Russian (and I believe Polish) for "sausage" generically and doesn't convey a sense of one type over another.
    Queso is probably just a lazy shortening of "salsa con queso" but it's humorous to hear people at Outback place an order for simply "chips and queso". I'd laugh hysterically if some smart alec server brought them out potato chips and a wedge of muenster.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

God I love my family.
    Christmas time it's everyone grouped round a console, watching musicals, feeding me...

Fantastic. Simply fantastic.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

10. - Top - End - #940
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    God I love my family.
    Christmas time it's everyone grouped round a console, watching musicals, feeding me...

I hate you. So much.

11. - Top - End - #941

NecromancerGuy

^: Don't worry, Zero. We usually aren't that happy go lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Queso is probably just a lazy shortening of "salsa con queso" but it's humorous to hear people at Outback place an order for simply "chips and queso". I'd laugh hysterically if some smart alec server brought them out potato chips and a wedge of muenster.
    Well, yeah. For one thing, muenster is not even the kind of cheese one eats potato chips with. For another, we don't eat it from a wedge, we eat it crumbled over the chips and, occasionally, lightly tossed. Which is why super-sharp cheddar is preferred, what with being hella crumbly and the right flavor.

For another, the waiter should misinterpret it so grossly as to bring out chips in the British English sense...

Muenster... the name just doesn't really go with it either... Better off with goat cheese instead. mmm... goat cheese. Or Manchego... Lambcheese. Or Ewecheese.... Yeah, Ewecheese would be an appropriate thing here.

Hmm, we believe Queso is actually short for Queso Blanco, which is apparently the proper name of some kind of variety of cheese. Which is fairly soft as far as we can tell, which is part of what it makes for such a good sauce cheese. Possibly is just the more common name for Queso Fresco which seems like more of a proper name than "White Cheese" which would describe more of a class than a proper cheese, but la wiki seems to think it is a proper name.

And we don't think it's so much a sense of cool as a general word from one language being coopted into english as a word for a specific type of that general thing from that language's culture.

'Sombrero' would be another example, and it has nothing to do with coolness.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-22 at 05:29 AM.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #942
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    God I love my family.

Christmas time always makes me wonder why I ever left home at all. There's a warm house, people feed me genuinely nice home cooked food, the place is clean, I actually have time to see friends... It's all so much better than my normal life.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Banned

What's Christmas but a time for finding yourself a year older and not a day richer? There's nothing merry in that. If I could work my will, Phaedra, every idiot who goes about with "Merry Christmas" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.

14. - Top - End - #944

NecromancerGuy

This idea of people not wanting to feed themselves is very strange. What is so nice about other people putting the food into one's mouth for one's self?
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    What's Christmas but a time for finding yourself a year older and not a day richer? There's nothing merry in that. If I could work my will, Phaedra, every idiot who goes about with "Merry Christmas" on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.
    Zero, remember that, unlike yourself, most people will die if stabbed in the heart, regardless of the material.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Zero, remember that, unlike yourself, most people will die if stabbed in the heart, regardless of the material.
    Indeed. Even the strongest man couldn't pierce my cold, stone heart.

But rather, what concern is it of mine whether they die? If they die then so be it. They'd better die and decrease the surplus population.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-22 at 06:24 AM.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say.

Merry Christmas to you, Zero.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Banned

Merry Christmas you say? I do not make merry myself for Christmas. And I cannot afford to keep idle people merry.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Should we just open a Quote thread, or what?
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Should we just open a Quote thread, or what?
    I'm expressing myself through the medium of Dickens!

You're just too old to perceive of what I'm trying to transmit. Too old and too cryptofascist.

Besides, a decent proportion of everything I say is a reference of some sort. For instance, this post contains two references so far.

Let's round that off with some non sequitur.

A face full of men! My men!

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

You. You quoted Red Dwarf.

Player_Zero has gained yet another awesome-point, and at least half an internet to boot.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #952
    Banned

Oh please. That's hardly even a mention of my scintillation.

You'll see. I'll out-shine the sun.

...Better stock up on sun block. Wait, actually, I'll probably just incinerate the Earth in the blink of an eye. Sun block doesn't really cover that eventuality.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

What if it's really, really good sunblock?
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

*squees* My Hauppage HD PVR just got here!
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

25. - Top - End - #955
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mud View Post
    *squees* My Hauppage HD PVR just got here!
    That's one fancy little box you got there.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

'Tis a capture card. And an expensive one at that... *looks at empty wallet *
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

So...apparently my tags have been expired since August. No idea how I haven't been pulled over. Guess that needs to get fixed.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

So...apparently my tags have been expired since August. No idea how I haven't been pulled over. Guess that needs to get fixed.
    In California, they won't pull you over until they're six months out of date. ...Then they'll not only pull you over, they'll impound your car and it'll cost a small fortune to get it back.

Dunno what the corresponding laws are in Tennessee, though.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

In Tennessee, they wait until your tags are 9 months out of date. Then they shoot your car.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960
    Bugbear in the Playground

I guess the repair shops make good money, then...
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!