New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    In Tennessee, they wait until your tags are 9 months out of date. Then they shoot your car.
    Depends on the part of Tennessee. In NE Tenn, you need to put bright orange hunting jackets on your car, or someone thinks it's a deer.

Dodging bullets in a Honda... Neo was a wuss.
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Must say, I am greatly enjoying the Christmas-themed avatars floating about. Too bad I'm lazy, or I'd have one myself. ^^;

Also, my brother is home now. All the way from Cali. And he brought his X-Box 360.

Did not bring his Orange Box though. D: But I'm glad to see him. ^.^

Just two more days and it'll be a full house.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Must say, I am greatly enjoying the Christmas-themed avatars floating about. Too bad I'm lazy, or I'd have one myself. ^^;

Also, my brother is home now. All the way from Cali. And he brought his X-Box 360.

Did not bring his Orange Box though. D: But I'm glad to see him. ^.^

Just two more days and it'll be a full house.
    My sister returned from Cali on the 18th, and in two days, I have an annual Christmas Eve gathering with several of my dad's relatives, and on Christmas, I have something with my mom's family.

Also TF2 on Orange Box is inferior to the PC version.

I should also get up Inkscape to make a christmas themed avatar that I can reuse again and again.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

4. - Top - End - #964
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Queso is probably just a lazy shortening of "salsa con queso" but it's humorous to hear people at Outback place an order for simply "chips and queso". I'd laugh hysterically if some smart alec server brought them out potato chips and a wedge of muenster.
    I think that is indeed the case.

Also, I will definately do that if I ever in the food service biz, if only for the confused look on their faces, followed by the indignant reactions.
    Never eat French fish. They're poisson.

Avatar by Elder Tsofu. May he forever be as awesome as he is when I typed this.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    In California, they won't pull you over until they're six months out of date. ...Then they'll not only pull you over, they'll impound your car and it'll cost a small fortune to get it back.

Dunno what the corresponding laws are in Tennessee, though.
    Hmm...I dunno either. I always heard that you get a 30 day grace period, but I never checked. I found out because my mom got pulled over in her car, which was also expired, and the deputy gave her a warning.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Hmm...I dunno either. I always heard that you get a 30 day grace period, but I never checked. I found out because my mom got pulled over in her car, which was also expired, and the deputy gave her a warning.
    Depends on the area. In Eastern KY, a friend of mine's mom got a warning and told to look into it as early as she could. In the only other city in the state, she got pulled over and ticketed twice for it within one day, even though the second ticket was superfluous and she still had the last one on hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, Winter Break.

Early to bed and early to rise makes Jack a dull boy.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, our city police are a lot more likely to ticket you than the county sheriff. Actually, I don't know anyone off the top of my head that's been ticketed by the sheriff dept. though know quite a few who've been ticketed by either (or both) the city and state.

On another note, I've recently started watching Hysteria! again. Man, I missed that show.

EDIT: @Phase: I've always been a late to bed, early to rise person myself, so I don't know how that saying got started
    Last edited by Jack Squat; 2009-12-22 at 11:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Ah, Winter Break.

I though the saying was "no work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", but then again, boredom can be prevalent through the winter.

I'm more of a late to bed person, early to rise person, which started last year.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

10. - Top - End - #970

NecromancerGuy

^: We're guessing you want a girl who gets up early, stays up late?

Ah, Winter Break.

You'll miss out on the nightlife!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-23 at 12:44 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey everyone! THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

12. - Top - End - #972

I know just such a girl, but unfortunately she's never there.

13. - Top - End - #973

Speaking of staying up late, I've been doing just that for the last couple of days so that when I go home, the time zone difference won't affect me as much.
    Seemed like a good plan until I realized that I did it wrong and I should have gone to bed earlier instead of later.

14. - Top - End - #974

NecromancerGuy

Heh. We did the same thing before we came back home. Now we're still doing it. x.x
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #975
    Banned

There is no Santa Claus.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    There is no Santa Claus.
    Yes there is, but he is a corpse somewhere in Turkey. So there might be a zombie Santa, but no regular Santa.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Banned

No, no. I killed him. Boomerang off a cliff.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, did you throw a boomerang off a cliff, which then killed him? Or did you throw a boomerang at him which then knocked him of a cliff?

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

AWWE YEAH!
    Guess who has a 4.0 GPA after their first semester of Uni?
    Yeah. It's hard not to care about grades when you're this bloody amazing.

I have made my way back to Malaysia. The Orient truly is a world of wonder. Many complain about the vapour that hovers in the air, too heavy to move anywhere, but I find it does great things to my health.
    But not my hair.

I was raised all over the world. There I am blessed to wander.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-12-23 at 11:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Banned

Wait, did you throw a boomerang off a cliff, which then killed him? Or did you throw a boomerang at him which then knocked him of a cliff?
    Neither. Use your imagination.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    Damn right that is.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

22. - Top - End - #982
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yes.

ION: I have blackcurrant cheesecake tonight, I am pleased.
    Tomorrow there will be homemade flapjacks. I am inordinately pleased.

I am six hours and forty-five minutes into my twenty-four hours to read LoTR in full challenge. I am on page 647.
    Just a little over halfway through.
    The action scenes are better in the film if only because it's easier to visualise and more dramatic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #983

NecromancerGuy

^: Have to say it, sorry for being *****, guys, but that's not really much of a surprise, Koorli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    No, no. I killed him. Boomerang off a cliff.
    You threw a boomerang at a cliff which killed the cliff and caused the collapsing cliff to crushify him?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-23 at 03:36 PM.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #984
    Banned

You can't kill a cliff. Don't be stupid.

25. - Top - End - #985

So. I am singing carols on radio Newcastle at stupid am tomorrow. Do I stay in my parents' house in Whitley Bay and get my mum to drive me in in the morning, or go back to Newcastle tonight meaning I dont have to get up quite so early tomorrow, but this will be after a late night metro journey and walk?
    Such a dilemma.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

26. - Top - End - #986
    Banned

Tonight. So you don't bother your mum.

27. - Top - End - #987

She offered, it's her fault if I decide to take her up on it.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Thats probably the most beautiful, most amazing thing I've seen this month. *hugs*

29. - Top - End - #989
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    You would make your poor mum wake up early and drive you all the way there on Christmas Eve?

How rude.

Besides, the way you ask the question and the fact you have asked the question means you're going to do the thing that is easiest for you. Which would be to do nothing. I bet you fifty cans of green paint that you don't go anywhere.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-23 at 04:01 PM.

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Perhaps it was just an offer to be kind, but she doesn't want to actually do it?

But I recommend seeing how you feel after the metro and walk and making a decision then.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show