New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Banned

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Captain Hook was a classy gent. I wish to become more like him.

Peter Pan did not deserve to win at all.

Tossed aside... LIKE AN OLD GLOVE!

Incidentally, I'm watching old Disney movies because I have nothing better to do.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Youtube not good enough for ya?
    An excellent idea, old chap. I shall proceed there immediately.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...I strongly suspect that there may be some heavy conflict between the aggressive department heads, or at the very least, a friendly competition.

This will be an interesting test of peer-to-peer interaction.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Hmm...I strongly suspect that there may be some heavy conflict between the aggressive department heads, or at the very least, a friendly competition.

This will be an interesting test of peer-to-peer interaction.
    And this will differ from actual academic life how? Most academics I know would happily poison their co-workers for a Professorship.

The more time I spend at uni, the more I realise how accurate the Unseen University is.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

Incidentally, I'm watching old Disney movies because I have nothing better to do.
    Hook would always win again Peter in a fair sword fight. Peter Pan is a sadistic flying cheater who should be killed by any competent swordsman/swordswoman.

Speaking of old Disney movies, does that include the live action, as a Great Dane and four Dachshunds were the subject of one movie.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Wouldn't linguistics include non-english?
    It would, but the Linguistics Department was so badly bullied by all the Language Studies Departments for not fitting in with all the others that I saved their poor, nervous wreck of an institute and brought it in under the might of the English Department.
    Koorilithulu's a good Dismotivational Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I think we gotta share medieval history.

I like linguistics too and give me some time for Spanish . . . .
    Done!

He's even better in the book. Rather than a bomb he tries to poison Peter Pan. I always felt sorry for Hook, he was foppish, but dangerously so.
    The sequel almost gave him his dignity back.
    Then Disney invoked the usual and he was humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    The more time I spend at uni, the more I realise how accurate the Unseen University is.
    I want to sig this. I don't know if I can, but I dearly want to. If I find space may I?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post

I want to sig this. I don't know if I can, but I dearly want to. If I find space may I?
    Sure, go for it.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Banned

He's even better in the book. Rather than a bomb he tries to poison Peter Pan. I always felt sorry for Hook, he was foppish, but dangerously so.
    Best phrasing ever.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

I need this cat.

____

10. - Top - End - #1330

Best phrasing ever.
    Thank you.

By the way, how did you find The Hunchback of Notre Dame? I see from your sig that you like the guilt-inducing part of the introductory song; but did you enjoy Frollo's show stealing number?
    Honestly, Frollo and that freaky clown-thing Clopin are the best characters in the film. They're so cool.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Banned

They're the only good bits in the film.

Anyone for Scrabble? We'll wait a wee while for a fourth. Lexulous Multiplayer Room.

12. - Top - End - #1332

Anyone for Scrabble? We'll wait a wee while for a fourth. Lexulous Multiplayer Room.
    Psh. I think all of the film is great --

Wait, scratch that last sentence. All of the movie MINUS the gargoyles is great.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2009-12-29 at 07:20 PM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Banned

Sure that isn't the rose tinting of time talking?

14. - Top - End - #1334

Sure that isn't the rose tinting of time talking?
    Well, you do have a point there. I haven't seen it in a few years. Still, I'm female. I automatically like certain Disney films a lot more than others. Like Beauty and the Beast. One of my favorites. Then again, most people liked that Disney movie.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Banned

Are you insinuating that you are obligated to like Beauty and the Beast because you're a girly?

16. - Top - End - #1336

Are you insinuating that you are obligated to like Beauty and the Beast because you're a girly?
    I'm not obligated to. What I mean to say is that more females watch Disney movies than males. I know that at least half of the guys going to my college wouldn't be caught dead watching Disney. And they're lame for it.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the Beauty and the Beast movie. ...But I tend to root for Gaston.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Well, the giant ham is often more interesting than several other characters. This also applies to Frollo and Clopin.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    I'm not obligated to. What I mean to say is that more females watch Disney movies than males. I know that at least half of the guys going to my college wouldn't be caught dead watching Disney. And they're lame for it.
    I'm fairly lame for watching it. So how does that work, is everyone lame?

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ettin in the Playground

Now you see how the world works, Zero!

21. - Top - End - #1341

Beauty and the Beast was one of the few Disney movies that I didn't see as a child or since then, much to the chagrin of some of my friends (coincidentally, these are all female).
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1342

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    ... Really? I mean, he's an entertaining antagonist, but I still prefer the Beast over him.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Banned

... Really? I mean, he's an entertaining antagonist, but I still prefer the Beast over him.
    Naaah. No one verbs like Gaston, he's got the Beast beaten by miles.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, no one's adjective as Gaston. I'm happy for other villains, and I'mma let them finish, but Gaston was one of the best villains of ALL TIME.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ettin in the Playground

It would, but the Linguistics Department was so badly bullied by all the Language Studies Departments for not fitting in with all the others that I saved their poor, nervous wreck of an institute and brought it in under the might of the English Department.
    Koorilithulu's a good Dismotivational Tool.
    I was talking about Linguistics the other day with someone and he seemed to think that linguistics = classics plus learning as many languages as possible. I would have hit him if a) I were less polite, and b) our conversation was not on the internet.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Utterly true. That and the art is beautiful, I also admire the way they worked traditional Catholic Church music into it.

My G&S Society has a termly Disney night. It's also a cosplay night.The guys love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Yeah, no one's adjective as Gaston. I'm happy for other villains, and I'mma let them finish, but Gaston was one of the best villains of ALL TIME.
    Gaston was a great villain because he was, frankly, a git. A likeable, devious, jealous, pompous, vain, idiotic human man whose entire motivation for villainy was: Belle's as pretty as me. I'll marry her!
    Gaston was cool.
    As was the Beast until we see him as a human. They could have made him slightly better looking as a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I was talking about Linguistics the other day with someone and he seemed to think that linguistics = classics plus learning as many languages as possible. I would have hit him if a) I were less polite, and b) our conversation was not on the internet.
    Wall + head = ow.
    Were on earth did he get that notion from?!
    You should have cyberpunched him. It's really very simple. You just type *cyberpunch!/alternative violent action* in MSN/whatever and then sent it to him.

EDIT:
    And now I'm going to have songs from Notre Dame, The Hunchback of and Beauty and the Beast (it's the Gaston song - typical!) in my head all night.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-29 at 08:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ettin in the Playground

Wall + head = ow.
    Were on earth did he get that notion from?!
    You should have cyberpunched him. It's really very simple. You just type *cyberpunch!/alternative violent action* in MSN/whatever and then sent it to him.
    I responded very snippily. It's a guy with whom I was hardly impressed to begin with. I know him from school and he gave me an essay to edit for a class we both took . . . Lord above. I don't know how in the world he got into this school because he was either lazy or just plain ignorant.

28. - Top - End - #1348

Gaston was a great villain because he was, frankly, a git. A likeable, devious, jealous, pompous, vain, idiotic human man whose entire motivation for villainy was: Belle's as pretty as me. I'll marry her!
    Gaston was cool.
    As was the Beast until we see him as a human. They could have made him slightly better looking as a human.
    I'm in complete agreement here.

29. - Top - End - #1349

Sheer luck perhaps?
    Ouch, still, it seems like you'd have had to work double time for that essay swap.
    One: to correct his essay - taking far longer than usual.
    Two: to triple-check your essay for everything he misse.
    Wow, that reads a bit harsh, but from your . . . signifcant pause I have reason to believe I'm partially correct.
    Am I?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

Sheer luck perhaps?
    Ouch, still, it seems like you'd have had to work double time for that essay swap.
    One: to correct his essay - taking far longer than usual.
    Two: to triple-check your essay for everything he misse.
    Wow, that reads a bit harsh, but from your . . . signifcant pause I have reason to believe I'm partially correct.
    Am I?
    Heh, pretty much. He was very disorganised and talk about rampant typos! Also I wrote mine six days ahead and he did his the day before. And he asked me to go to a movie with him.

...I said no.

Annoying thing is, we're in the same major and the same year, and I know I have at least one class with him next semester.