New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

<_< You're actually a butterfly dreaming that you're an internet persona, P_Z. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Dallas-Dakota has it right; everyone else missed a trick. Facepalm comes in cans, not jars. Check this out!

(grabs a can of facepalm and tries to crumple it on her forehead--)

%&¤/! It comes in steel cans! /¤%&!
    Plus it was full and unopened...

*recently found canned peanut butter the other day*

It might also be a bit of a regionalism thing, as well. Since there is that whole continental divide in the form of a pond, after all.

We're pretty sure you apply it directly to the forehead though!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-31 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Also, call me 'hun' again and I'll spur the Mongol hordes to burn down this damn town, so help me.
    Duly noted. Is there any reason you dislike the term so?

ION: The Boy is at a huge party for New Years and I'm at home with my parents drinking wine, browsing the net. I chose poorly with my plans.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Banned

It suggests over-familiarity. You shall address me as Lord Zero de Britannia, the Honorable Haddock and the Furious Windmill.

It's New Year's? Huh.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-31 at 02:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I am very happy for new-years, the plan is all coming together

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oky, I've finally had it with those Go Compare opera ads. The first couple of variations were fine, y'know?
    But now there's six or seven variations.
    And the song is a right ear worm.

Yes, you'll thank your stars that you went to Go Compare!

AAAAAAAAHHH!!

And what is up with his moustache?!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm very happy it's New Year's because I'm looking forward to being able to say "twenty-ten". The last decade hideously fractured the pattern we'd been following for the previous two thousand years.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I'm very happy it's New Year's because I'm looking forward to being able to say "twenty-ten". The last decade hideously fractured the pattern we'd been following for the previous two thousand years.
    What did you call 1009 then?

8. - Top - End - #1448

Nine thousand and one. Or possibly 'ten ten'.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

It's New Years Eve.
    I'm miserable.
    And I have a crossbow.

Let's recreate some Buffy.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Nine thousand and one. Or possibly 'ten ten'.
    ...Huh? 9001? 1010?

What is this pattern exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    It's New Years Eve.
    I'm miserable.
    And I have a crossbow.

Let's recreate some Buffy.
    Aww. Why're you miserable exactly? Bearing in mind if you say it's because you don't have plans you can get stuffed.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-31 at 02:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

Aww. Why're you miserable exactly? Bearing in mind if you say it's because you don't have plans you can get stuffed.
    Disregarding the question of why you'd care, it's because I'm back home and nobody really wants to spend time with me. I'm just spending the whole time by myself, just like at Uni.
    The crossbow does alleviate this somewhat.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

12. - Top - End - #1452

...Huh? 9001? 1010?

What is this pattern exactly?
    9001 is 1009.
    9002 is 2009.
    It's the only way one alive now can say the year is 'over nine thousand'; but really I like putting years backwards.

1010 . . . eh, Gregorian clendar implemented back a few hundred years knocked seventeen days off the year. Or something. So I make up a reason to be contrary, oh, and I don't like the number nine very much.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Banned

Disregarding the question of why you'd care, it's because I'm back home and nobody really wants to spend time with me. I'm just spending the whole time by myself, just like at Uni.
    The crossbow does alleviate this somewhat.
    Well, I would try to comfort you by insinuating that we're on the same boat here, but not only would you not derive any pleasure from that it would validate your depressive ideas. Also, I'm not in a boat, I'm sitting in bed.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Bugbear in the Playground

A new headset that I ordered on Boxing Day arrived today in the mail. It has sound that works in both ears, which is twice as many ears as my previous headset worked in (the reason I got a new one). I have no idea if the microphone works yet, but if it doesn't then it's probably a computer problem because the last mic didn't work either. Oh, and they're also extremely comfortable, they practically float. Overall, am very happy.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I would try to comfort you by insinuating that we're on the same boat here, but not only would you not derive any pleasure from that it would validate your depressive ideas. Also, I'm not in a boat, I'm sitting in bed.
    Maybe you should buy a crossbow too.
    Nothing but a Nobody

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Banned

Maybe you should buy a crossbow too.
    I don't need a crossbow when I can just laugh.

Derishishishishishishishi.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Banned

This decade broke with naming convention, yes. Most other decades didn't distinguish their years as The Floridian Folly, then as the realization that the folly wasn't easing, Floridian Folly 1, Floridian Folly 2, etc. (Before then, I was officially living elsewhere.) Next year there will be a census in the U.S., one of the few data collections which intruded into the average citizen's life before computers, and I will not be counted in it. This makes me feel odd and displaced, doubly so when I remember being counted in the Irish census of 2006. Census isn't residency. No wonder the Romans shooed everyone home. Less complicated that way, the tabulations.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

Mmm...summing up this Decade is a difficult task...though I feel like I should give it a try, since my life is likely going to be defined by this, the decade in which I grew from a boy to a man.

Well...I certainly can't let a review of the decade go by without mentioning the 9/11 Disaster, the horrible and unpopular Mideast/US war, and the major recession that hit the entire world like a ton of bricks. Remember when we could afford to fuel our cars at a lower ratio than we could buy milk? Yeah...I miss those days too.

But this decade was also a good one, for the advance of technology. True some of it wasn't as mind-boggling as we thought it would be, like the Segway...but think of how far mobile communication technology has come, and how Web 2.0 has evolved.

Of course we still have many challenges to face...global warming continues to affect our world, and though we have made some progress in fighting it, we are still fighting an uphill battle. As Americans, we still have to resolve our involvement in the Middle East, and we are still suffering one of the worst recessions in years.

But I have hope, because despite the trauma of this decade, we now have a president who really wants to bring about change and progress, and we have science trying actively to prevent the disaster that we ourselves created.

It is not an ideal decade, but I think in the 2010's, we'll at least be headed in the right direction.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

Reams unwritten in 2000 now exist; some of it's even preserved. (The Wayback Machine collapsed under its own archives of the 'net some time ago, but oh the surprise to some people who thought no backups existed of the early parts of the decade. Computer memory is dispassionate.) In that year Doctor Who and Star Trek were dead and presumed buried for all time. Comic books were comic books, movies were movies, and the child of the two was bound to be ugly. Nobody had planted Central Park with fabric banners nor projected holograms of destroyed art in its original plinth to let it exist again.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

It would appear that Death Note is subtly racist against Asians. On screen it said "Rally Connors." They pronounced it Larry.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Rum is the solution to everything, yarr.
    Combining it with fireworks is even better.

However spilling your rum while setting off fireworks is not.
    Even though rum won't stain(I was told so by a random nearby standing (gay) guy), it's a waste of rum.

Yay, rum!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't drink. So, not-yay rum.

Also my family went for new year's dinner at some friends' house and everyone else ate a lot but I didn't so I'm the only one not complaining about being overstuffed. Yay me?

Edit: So call me a wimp, but the first new year - no, take that back, the second - I ever stayed up till midnight was 2006, the day after I joined this forum, and since then I've used it every year to keep me occupied in the hours before midnight.

Last year it failed me; I went to bed at ten-forty-five because I was tired.

Why, yes, I am lame and pedestrian. But I hope that you all keep me up today because I gotta say . . . .

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll be going to sleep by eleven.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-12-31 at 09:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

DeeRee, I have one wee response to make to you about this.

...Weeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaak.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

This next quote annoyed me. Alot.
    "Ever since I broke up with you you've been different."
    Hell yeah i've been different.I ain't gunna be sweet on a girl who's new boyfriend is a foot taller than me.
    ____

25. - Top - End - #1465

You didn't stay up for the turn of the millenium? That was the first time I was up at midnight (I went to bed at about 8:00, then my parents woke me up because they thought I'd be mad later in life if they didn't wake me for the new millenium), and I've been up at midnight every year since.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zocelot View Post
    You didn't stay up for the turn of the millenium? That was the first time I was up at midnight (I went to bed at about 8:00, then my parents woke me up because they thought I'd be mad later in life if they didn't wake me for the new millenium), and I've been up at midnight every year since.
    Oh, I take that back! I did! Like you, I think that was the first time in my life I ever stayed up till midnight.

....I was eight years old at the turn of the millennium. And given that my bedtime was eight-thirty till I was twelve (my parents were big on bedtimes), there wasn't much opportunity for it except that year, when they let me stay up with my best friend.

(Side note: at twelve my bedtime became nine-thirty and, to be honest, now at eighteen any time I'm awake past that I still feel like I'm staying up late. Which is ridiculous because I'm in college. But I go to bed by 10:30 most nights.)

27. - Top - End - #1467

You just have to stay up, Dri.
    If nothing else, you need that practice at staying up late. Maybe that's just the crazy evening person who hardly ever goes to sleep by midnight in me talking.

Are you really going to miss your second changing of the decade?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-12-31 at 11:20 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #1468

Happy New Year from the East Coast!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

29. - Top - End - #1469

Happy New Years from Ontario, which is in the same time zone as the East Coast.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ettin in the Playground

It's rather not new year yet in Oregon. Because we are BEHIND THE TIMES, MAN!

Also: I just found a video of myself from August when my hair was down to my hips and I can't stop watching it because of the crazy length. I think I look better with the short hair I have now, but there used to be SO MUCH OF IT.

Yeah, you guys don't care. Times like this I wish the girl thread were still active.