New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well, y'know, you hear one thing about those parties and you don't know whether to be disgusted by them or worried about their safety.

As it stands, furries have a bad enough reputation for how they behave at furry events, especially if in fursuits, that bigoted or not, I'd feel justified in giving them an askance look.

Then again, it's only slightly more bizarre to me in terms of overall weirdness than going to any kind of BDSM enthusiast get together, but actually slightly less weird to mention to a friend that one is going to it.

Some topics are just going to make people wonder and ask questions as the best reaction.
    Mmm...I think one problem is that we also RP a lot together, and a lot of our characters ARE anthropomorphic, so now he doesn't just think I'm a bigot, he thinks I'm a hypocrite for being alright with playing them in RP, but not okay with him hanging out with people who do that same role-play in real life.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Good for you, KilltheToy. Opera is great: may you grow to love it.

I've also heard that kind of rumour about furries and their , , , Saturnalian tendencies, Coidzilla. Hey Introbulus, is this a past event? Like has he gone to the party already? Did he debrief the experience at all? I'd really like to know if the furreputation is just.

Yay exam week. Stuck at home on a Friday night bent over a textbook.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I've also heard that kind of rumour about furries and their , , , Saturnalian tendencies, Coidzilla. Hey Introbulus, is this a past event? Like has he gone to the party already? Did he debrief the experience at all? I'd really like to know if the furreputation is just.
    ...I can't remember what that means, but I keep imagining Jupiter cutting off Saturn's junk and throwing it into the sea while they're both wearing fursuits now...

Good luck with your exams, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Mmm...I think one problem is that we also RP a lot together, and a lot of our characters ARE anthropomorphic, so now he doesn't just think I'm a bigot, he thinks I'm a hypocrite for being alright with playing them in RP, but not okay with him hanging out with people who do that same role-play in real life.
    Eh, not really. There's a clear divide between table top RPGs and LARPing after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KilltheToy View Post
    I just read most of the High Octane Nightmare Fuel on TVTropes. If you'll excuse me, I need some time to recover from the partial mind rape.
    Really? Nightmare Fuel always left me with the feeling "Uh, how does this qualify for the page?" There was only one thing I remember that actually was pretty spooky I ever saw on it.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

*walks in, fires a shotgun into the ceiling*

I'm another fellow who's never really been affected by the nightmare fuel pages. I find them hilarious.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

...I can't remember what that means, but I keep imagining Jupiter cutting off Saturn's junk and throwing it into the sea while they're both wearing fursuits now...

Good luck with your exams, sir.
    Thanks fella.
    For the good luck, and the image.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

I feel I must point out that the animated bowing bears no relation to the notes being played...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    *walks in, fires a shotgun into the ceiling*
    And lo, I am humbled, for I don't think I've ever seen you post before...

ION, I need to learn to do preparations for important events more in advance.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm an oldie from the forum- but I don't pop in as much anymore.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, y'know, you hear one thing about those parties and you don't know whether to be disgusted by them or worried about their safety.

As it stands, furries have a bad enough reputation for how they behave at furry events, especially if in fursuits, that bigoted or not, I'd feel justified in giving them an askance look.

Then again, it's only slightly more bizarre to me in terms of overall weirdness than going to any kind of BDSM enthusiast get together, but actually slightly less weird to mention to a friend that one is going to it.

Some topics are just going to make people wonder and ask questions as the best reaction.
    Yeah... yeah...

I'm actually mistaken for a furry a lot these days. I wonder why.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

10. - Top - End - #190

Sweet! Which system did you introduce him to? 3.5 DnD? 4.0? Some other system? Or maybe a freeform RP?
    I'm gonna do 3.5, I'm more familiar with it, though I know the rules of 4e enough to play it, I couldn't DM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HotAndCold View Post
    Oh my. What have I come into the thread to?
    Your reaction implies there was an innuendo I missed. Say it isn't so! D=
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

*Wakes up*
    *walks over to compuer*
    Ach, no more parties for Nameless.
    ... Oh wait, I have one next week.
    *browses through tagged photoses on Facebook*
    Oh God. o_O

Ah, morning Playground. *cuddles*

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    *Wakes up*
    *walks over to compuer*
    Ach, no more parties for Nameless.
    ... Oh wait, I have one next week.
    *browses through tagged photoses on Facebook*
    Oh God. o_O

Ah, morning Playground. *cuddles*
    ...-_- Son, please tell me you haven't brought shame to our family. *tapping his beslippered foot and holding a coffee mug that says "World's Best Dad" on it*.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

WE have SNOOOOOW!

Just a . . . little . . . excited, here. Not so excited that after a week of draaaaaaaagging myself out of bed at 7:40, it's the weekend and I wake up on my own at ten till seven. Again.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    WE have SNOOOOOW!

Just a . . . little . . . excited, here. Not so excited that after a week of draaaaaaaagging myself out of bed at 7:40, it's the weekend and I wake up on my own at ten till seven. Again.
    No snow for me today, but it will probably appear in a few days. As for when I wake up, it was around seven, although I normally wake up at twenty after six.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

...-_- Son, please tell me you haven't brought shame to our family. *tapping his beslippered foot and holding a coffee mug that says "World's Best Dad" on it*.
    I only stripped once this time! I swear!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Barbarian in the Playground

WE have SNOOOOOW!

Me too!
    Using my ruler, it's like 0,5 mm of snow. And only on cars. But I'm still happy about that.
    Last edited by Ikialev; 2009-12-12 at 10:58 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

WOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'll be coming to gencon indy 2010, 99% sure of that!
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

19. - Top - End - #199

WE have SNOOOOOW!

Congratulations. I've had snow fall 3 times this week
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

20. - Top - End - #200

Aaaaaargh. Bad pins and needles. STupid biology.

Why is it so stupidly painful?

Anyway, the parents got out to Christmas films today and I've been having a mini-marathon.
    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the Claymation one), Mickey's Christmas Carol and The Muppet's Christmas Carol. Lor' when I put on Rudolph I had the biggest childlike grin on my face, pure nostalgia. That film was literally the first Christmas film I ever saw. I almost know it verbatim.
    There was no CGI sequel.

And we're decorating the tree tonight too!

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!
    CHRISTMAS!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Muppet Christmas Carol is candy-coated gold.

Also: I always liked Jack Frost, principally because Kubla Krause is an unstoppable kingpin of destruction. That's right, you send your armies of pot-metal mechanical abominations into the land. Purge, purge!, that none of the simpering and idyllic fools may survive your wrath. They shall pay for their lack of economic knowledge.

Seriously, ice money. What the hell. Just switch to a goddamn barter system already.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-12 at 02:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Oh ho ho, think nobody saw our little gaffe, do we, poster who was until recently above me? Think we destroyed all of the evidence?

That's alright. That's alright. Your error need never see the light of day...for a small consideration, of course.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-12 at 03:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

NecromancerGuy

^: Did I sleep post again? Sorry about that, sometimes that ust happens...x.x
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I only stripped once this time! I swear!
    But did you get tipped? That's the bigger question.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-12 at 03:48 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground

WE have SNOOOOOW!

We have snow too!

It's coming down at a lovely rate, and supposedly it'll stop on Tuesday. That means that we should have a decent amount by the end. Huzzah!

Though I'll admit that I've been spoiled, since my idea of 'a decent amount of snow' comes from having lived in Madison, WI for five years.

Now, I just need to finish that scarf I started a month ago so that I can go out and play!
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

25. - Top - End - #205

NecromancerGuy

Curse you. Our ground is still too frozen to dig down into it or drive anywhere due to our driveway and not having any treading for driving on ice. And all we've got to show for it is some mistiness today.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Muppet Christmas Carol is candy-coated gold.
    Indeed.
    I think it's a wonderful adaptation of the book. Likewise with Mickey's Christmas Carol. And the former has catchy songs.

Wish it snowed. Never seen it.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #207

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Indeed.
    I think it's a wonderful adaptation of the book. Likewise with Mickey's Christmas Carol. And the former has catchy songs.

Careful, if Iceland cracks you might just be getting to see snow for a long, long time.

Aren't there some places further north you could visit sometime to see the snow, anyway?
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Indeed.

You've never seen snow fall, or snow itself?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

While I don't agree with his views on certain things, I can say one thing for sure, profesoor Roland Rotherham is pretty damn smart...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #210

Careful, if Iceland cracks you might just be getting to see snow for a long, long time.
    Lovecraftian monsters don't suffer from the cold.

Aren't there some places further north you could visit sometime to see the snow, anyway?
    Up North?
    That's a mythical place inundated with horrific monsters and incomprehensible accents. And the UK Meetup.
    Wish I didn't have to pull out.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    You've never seen snow fall, or snow itself?
    I have seen snow on TV/in photos etc. I have seen snow fall, but not stick.
    Therefore, I've never had a proper snow.
    Except that one time where college was cancelled because of snow (now that was epic, it was almost like a mini-blizzard while waiting for the bus home) but it doesn't count because the snow petered out before I got home.
    Depressing.
    It's like my home (and home town) is immune to snow.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-12 at 04:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!