New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Song of Death [IC]

The undead charging at him, Ráslím quickly speaks some strange arcane words. The creatures in the area are hit by a wave of energy, and those that cannot hold their ground disappear, only to blink back into existence somewhere nearby. To get away from the front line, Ráslím similarly blinks out and back into existence, reluctantly using his more alien powers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard:Hammerfall step, a blast 5 directly in front of me, hitting both Mummy and Swarm, and possibly whatever is hiding.
    Mummy 1:17 vs fort
    Swarm:22 vs fort
    Creature in the darkness (?):15 vs fort
    Damage = 12
    If the mummy is hit (Ha! Silly thought), teleport it to G8, if swarm is hit, teleport it to J6.
    Move: Assuming mummy is not hit and teleported, use Etheral stride to teleport to H12 and +2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

If the mummy is somehow hit, I'll walk to F12.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Eitri steps through the sticky webs to get into a better position from which to lasso the mummy. The corpses are clearly a variety of mummy, preserved corpses woken to life by dark magic. In this case they were a product not of magicians, but of the spiders - the offspring of a spider known for collecting bodies to lay its eggs in. Once the eggs hatch the young spiders live off the organs of the body until only an outer shell is left - a mummy, perfectly preserved and draped in webs. No doubt you were all going to have suffered the same fate as these two corpses, had you not woken up so timely. Fire may work well against the mummies, and anything affecting an area should do well against the swarm. Eitri also spots something moving in the tunnel, but can't make it out any better than Cáï at this time.

Ráslím transports the swarm in a most unfriendly way before teleporting to safety himself.

Round 2

Cáï steps to the side and fires an arrow at the corpse of the young man. The arrow tears into his dead flesh most effectively.

The spiders disappear into the shadows and webs all over the cave, only to surge forth a moment later near Cáï and Ráslím, shrouded in shadows.

At the entrance of the tunnel something large and hairy appears, chittering menacingly. A monstrously big spider. Barely has it appeared before Ericr is hit by a sticky net, and he can feel its threads sticking to him, binding him and making him vulnerable.

Near the swarm the webs almost seem to come alive and wrap around the feet and legs of those nearby.

Spoiler
    Show
    9 damage to Mummy 2 from Eitri, and it is pulled and marked.

17 damage to swarm from Ráslím and the swarm is teleported. Ráslím teleports to H12 and gains +2 to defences.

20 damage to Mummy 2 from Cáï.

Swarm moves and gains +4 to all defences until start of its next turn.

Ericr is restrained and gains vulnerable 5 necrotic (save ends both)

Cáï, Grimnir, Ngeri and Ráslím are immobilized (save ends)

Ericr, Ngeri and Grimnir's turn.

C: Cáï - Init 31, 37 hp, immobilized
    W: Swarm - Bloodied, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir, -2 defenses until end of Ngeri's next turn, grants combat advantage and -4 AC until end of Grimnir's turn, +4 defences until start of next turn
    S: Spider - Unwounded
    Er: Ericr - Init 25, 43 hp, Restrained + vulnerable 5 necrotic
    N: Ngeri - Init 24, 23 hp, immobilized
    G: Grimnir - Init 24, 52 hp, immobilized
    1: Mummy - Unwounded
    2: Mummy - Barely hurt, Marked by Eitri, Cáï's Quarry
    Ei: Eitri - Init 19, 47 hp
    R: Ráslím - Init 9, 32 hp, immobilized, +2 defences until end of next turn
    Last edited by Deadly; 2009-12-16 at 03:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Grimnir smiles grimly at his new foes. "Going to make this interesting, are we? Good, good..." He raises his rods and a bolt of green flame leaps from his torch towards the spiders.

Spoiler
    Show

Deadly, did you give me the HP I recovered from using Life Syphon when Ngeri got bitten? I got 4 HP from that.

Save vs. immobilized: (1d20)[20]

Eldritch blast (Standard Action):
    Attack roll: [roll]1d20+16[roll] vs. AC

Damage: (1d10)[3]+ (1d6)[5] Warlock's Curse +4 rods +1 Empowering Shadows EDIT: +4 Cha. Forgot to include that.

Effect: It grants combat advantage on my next attack due to the Torch of Misery.

Also, since a creature under my curse was bloodied and I have a bloodcurse rod, I get my pact boon. My Darkspiral Aura is now at 1 point.

Also, minor action to curse Mummy 1.
    Last edited by Kallisti; 2009-12-16 at 03:51 PM.
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Ericr staggered with the force of the mummy's blow against him, feeling the sickening rot burn into his skin through the fur and clothing. He was still staggering as the newest creature to challenge them came forward and hurled its webbing across his body. He stood there a half moment, looking like some ridiculous fest-tree covered in dangling ice and snow.

Then he laughed, a dry and quiet sound. He snapped his muscles and stood upright, shaking the worst of the webbing aside as if it were nothing. His clothes had become solid steel, enamelled grey-black plate covering his body. Bloodied and battered, he still stood tall and upright, a Knight if there ever was one.

"By the song in my heart, I rebuke thy foul taint and meagre bonds! Dare you come against me, the justice of the Nightengale? To me comrades, let my blessing aid you!"

As he roared his challenge, a great pulse of light swelled from him, a circle of radiant energy that seemed to hum with the song of the Nightengale, that seemed to evoke the rustle of birds' wings within its reach. Within that circle was safety, strength, and resilience.

Spoiler
    Show
    Succeeded on both saves, hit reflex 25 for the swarm and 23 for Mummy 2. If that succeeds I did 13 and 15 damage respectively. As mentioned in OOC, anyone within 3 squares of ericr from now to the end of the encounter gets +1 to all defences.
    Last edited by nepphi; 2009-12-17 at 12:50 PM.
    "The only thing between us and victory is that Ogre Mage!"

"So...defeat?"

"...shut up."

Avatar by the illustrious and swift Djinn_in_Tonic.

Kurik

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cai manages to see the spiders coming and quickly moves out of the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Immediate interrupt to Spiders moving adjacent:
    Weave through the fray
    Shift 3(one because of difficult terrain) squares back.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Ericr's pulse of divine energy burns both mummy and swarm while protecting his close allies. His challenge does not go unheard, as the mummy's attention is drawn to him.

Ngeri likewise brings his holy symbol to bear and calls down divine wrath upon the two mummies. The corpse of the young man blatantly ignores the holy threat, while the other trembles and stumbles backwards several feet at the blast of radiant energy.

Grimnir curses the old mummy and fires a bolt of vile energy at the swarm, which by now looks ready to fall apart.

The old mummy still trembles from Ngeri's blast and remains where it is. The younger corpse cracks its broken bones back into place and its dry flesh almost seems to mend itself as it turns to Ericr and swings its webbed fist at him. This time the fist merely scrapes harmlessly against the plate armor.

Spoiler
    Show
    18 damage to swarm and 15 damage to mummy 2 from Ericr.

29 damage to Mummy 1 from Ngeri, and it is pushed 5 squares and immobilized until end of Ngeri's next turn.

Ngeri saves against immobilized.

8 damage to swarm from Grimnir (also, the combat advantage from the Torch only applies if you afflict radiant or fire damage, and Eldritch Blast does unspecified damage)

Mummy 2 regains 10 hp.

Eitri, Ráslím and Cáï's turn.

W: Swarm - Near death, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir, +4 defences until start of next turn
    Er: Ericr - Init 25, 43 hp, +1 defences*
    N: Ngeri - Init 24, 23 hp
    G: Grimnir - Init 24, 52 hp, darkspiral aura 1 pt
    1: Mummy - Wounded, Cursed by Grimnir, immobilized until end of Ngeri's turn
    2: Mummy - Wounded, Marked by Eitri, Cáï's Quarry, Challenged by Ericr
    Ei: Eitri - Init 19, 47 hp, +1 defences*
    R: Ráslím - Init 9, 32 hp, immobilized, +2 defences until end of next turn, +1 defences*

* Ericr and all within 3 sqaures of him gain +1 to all defences.

7. - Top - End - #67

Since I moved away as the spiders entered adjacent wouldn't I not be immobilized? Just curious.

Cai strings another arrow and lets fly at the swarm. The massive spider doesn't unnerve her at all, after all it's at least something she's encoutnerd before. Mummy's, not so much.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack:
    17 vs. AC (natural 1)
    Damage:
    Saving Throw:
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eitri swings his hammer as the mummy moves to attack the Paladin before trying to move just out of the Mummy's reach before trying to leap into the fight, hoping to attack the Mummy from behind while it is distracted. All the while, the sigils on his hammer glow again, and the backswing of his hammer sounds like the roll of distant thunder.

Spoiler
    Show

Opp Attack roll: 1D20+17=29. Damage: 1d10+8=13.
    Move Action: Eitri moves one square up, and then one square diagonally up and to the left. Athletics check: 1d20+8=25.
    Booming Blade against the Mummy: Int vs. AC. 1d20+17+2=22. Damage roll: 1d10+8=11. If the target is adjacent to me at the start of its next turn, and it moves into another square, it takes 6 damage.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Ráslím

That's strange. I thought I already jumped away from this one. Somewhat confused, Ráslím resolves to try again, once more disappearing, this time in a swirl of energy that twists the webbing around him, and the swarm as well...

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Draw my rod.
    Standard: Close burst, Otherwind stride, attack vs fort on the swarm = 16.
    Damage: (1d8+5)[10]. Swarm is also immoblized if I hit until the end of my next turn. Whether or not I hit, I teleport to K11.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2009-12-17 at 08:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Eitri strikes swifly as the corpse moves, then follows it to deliver another solid blow.

Ráslím disappears in a burst of energy and reappears a few feet away. Sadly, all the small spiders evaded the burst, well protected by all the masses of web.

Round 3

Cáï fires an arrow at the swarm, but the arrow doesn't want to cooperate with her and whizzes by Ericr before getting stuck in the webs.

The swarm seems set in its pursuit of Ráslím, and skitters across the webs like it wasn't even there. Once they've caught up with the mage they quickly swarm him, biting and spinning their webs. Fortunately Ráslím has excellent reflexes and manages to evade the tiny creepers for now.

The big spider spits its sticky webs at Eitri, wrapping him tightly in the sticky nets, clinging to him and making him vulnerable. It then swiftly skitters across the cave to make a deadly lunge at Ericr, managing to sink its vile fangs into a soft spot.

Spoiler
    Show
    13 damage to Mummy 2 from Eitri. 11 damage to Mummy 2 from Eitri.

Eitri is restrained and gains vulnerable 5 necrotic (save ends both).

9 damage to Ericr from Spider, and he is dazed and takes ongoing 10 necrotic and poison (save ends both). In addition he can't use Second Wind until the end of the encounter. I've subtracted the ongoing damage already, since it is Ericr's turn.

Ericr, Ngeri and Grimnir's turn. If I were to give some advice, I'd say forget the mummies.

W: Swarm - Near death, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir
    Er: Ericr - Init 25, 14 hp, +1 defences*, Dazed + ongoing 10 necrotic and poison, can't use second wind
    N: Ngeri - Init 24, 23 hp
    G: Grimnir - Init 24, 52 hp, darkspiral aura 1 pt
    1: Mummy - Hurt, Cursed by Grimnir, immobilized until end of Ngeri's turn
    2: Mummy - Bloodied, Marked by Eitri, Cáï's Quarry, Challenged by Ericr, if it moves on its next turn while adjacent to Eitri it takes 6 damage
    Ei: Eitri - Init 19, 47 hp, +1 defences*, restrained + vulnerable 5 necrotic
    R: Ráslím - Init 9, 32 hp, immobilized, +1 defences*

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Ngeri

Ngeri takes a step to the side to gain a better view of the giant spider. He calls out to the Nightingale to heal her child, Ericr.

Spoiler
    Show

Healing Word on Ericr. Spend a healing surge, gain an additional 18 hp and gain 2 to all your defenses vs the next attack made against you.

Also, I went ahead and roll the extra hp for my healing word. If you'd rather the recipient roll for themselves Deadly, that's fine. Just let me know either way so I'll know in the future.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Feeling the power of the Nightengale's healing wash over him, Ericr gave a low, steady howl. His body rippled, stretching beneath the leather under his plate. His features grew more bestial, his muzzle lengthening as he shifted.

"Embrace the void and be gone!"

Then the sword flashed with a judgmental ferocity and slammed into the great spider with a crash. Whether it truly connected or was parried remained to be seen behind that flash of light, but it was truly a blow with all his power behind it.

Spoiler
    Show

Rolled 26 to hit, 22 to damage, and passed the save. Ericr's not giving ground just yet.

Last edited by nepphi; 2009-12-18 at 03:57 PM.

"So...defeat?"

"...shut up."

Kurik

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Grimnir stares at the spider for a moment. "The bigger they are, the harder they fall, you humans say? I hope you're right."

Rods raised, he spits a curse and begins to chant.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Curse the spider
    Standard: Cursebite. Area burst 20, targets all I have cursed within the burst, so it'll get Mummy 1, the swarm, and the spider.
    Cha vs. Fort:
    [roll]1d20+12][/roll] vs. Swarm
    [roll]1d20+12][/roll] vs. Mummy 2
    [roll]1d20+12][/roll] vs. Spider

Damage:
    (2d8+4)[11] Necrotic +(1d6)[6] Warlock's Curse +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows to Swarm
    (2d8+4)[13] Necrotic +(1d6)[5] Warlock's Curse +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows to Mummy 2
    (2d8+4)[14] Necrotic +(1d6)[3] Warlock's Curse +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows to Spider

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Ericr draws upon all his strengt, both physical and spiritual, to smite the spider in return for biting him. The blow just barely manages to pierce the creature's tough shell.

Ngeri steps to the side and offers a quick but effective prayer to aid Ericr, then raises his holy symbol to shine its holy light upon the vile spider. Sadly all the webbing gets in the way of the searing light.

Grimnir raises his rods and calls upon dark forces to take a bite out of his enemies. The swarm, what was left of it, is obliterated, while the spider gives Grimnir a mocking chitter in return as the shadowy teeth of his curse shatter against its supernatural hide. The old mummy doesn't fare quite as well, though it still stands strong.

Both mummies crack their bones and the webs around them tighten to hold together their torn flesh. The old mummy wades through the webs to get to Grimnir, while the other lashes out at Ericr. It's attack seemed rather feeble however, helped along by Eitri's warding and Ngeri's blessing.

Spoiler
    Show
    22 damage to spider from Ericr. Everyone gains 8 temp hp. Ericr saves and regains 4 hp.

Ericr heals 46 hp and gains +2 to defences against next attack. Ngeri takes 5 damage.

27 damage to swarm from Grimnir, killing it. 23 damage to Mummy 1 from Grimnir.

Both mummies regain 10 hp.

Eitri, Ráslím and Cáï's turn.

C: Cáï - Init 31, 37 hp, immobilized, 8 tmp hp
    W: Swarm - Dead
    S: Spider - Barely wounded, cursed by Grimnir
    Er: Ericr - Init 25, 60 hp, +1 defences*, +2 damage, +4 regen while bloodied, 8 tmp hp, can't use second wind
    N: Ngeri - Init 24, 18 hp, 8 tmp hp
    G: Grimnir - Init 24, 52 hp, darkspiral aura 2 pts, 8 tmp hp
    1: Mummy - Wounded, Cursed by Grimnir
    2: Mummy - Wounded, Marked by Eitri, Cáï's Quarry, Challenged by Ericr
    Ei: Eitri - Init 19, 47 hp, +1 defences*, 8 tmp hp, restrained + vulnerable 5 necrotic
    R: Ráslím - Init 9, 32 hp, immobilized, +1 defences*, 8 tmp hp

Last edited by Deadly; 2009-12-18 at 06:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Cai see's that her compainions are trying to hold the giant spider off. However the mummy is much closer to here and she looses an arrow at it. But all the webbing is throwing off her aim and she misses. (unless 18 vs. AC hits...)
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

With the swarm in front of him gone, Ráslím turns his attention to the giant spider attacking his new allies. Focusing on what he knows well, Ráslím summons illusory mirrors, arrayed to impede the spider and mummy while allowing free reign to his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Maze of Mirrors, centered on I-7
    Attack:
    vs spider, 33-crit hit
    vs mummy, 14-crit miss
    No damage, but the spider is immobolized and takes a -5 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. And since it's an illusion power, the spider grants CA to the next ally to attack it before the start of my next turn, and also grants CA to me until the end of my next turn.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2009-12-18 at 07:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eitri struggles against the web, grunting with exertion, but cannot break free on his own. Instead, he extends his hand just to the right of the huge spider and makes a tight fist, watching his Aegis expand, catching the Spider in it's reach. He then pulls his hammer back again, watching it crackle with thunder as he brings it down upon the Mummy, searching his brain for information about the massive Spider.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Eitri uses his daily power Swordmage's Decree, blast 3 centered in square 6,I. Because he only hit one target, it acts as an Encounter Power and may be used again next encounter. The Spider is marked with his Aegis for the Encounter, which does not dispell his other Aegis mark.

Standard: Eitri uses Booming Blade against the Mummy. The attack roll is 26, damage is 15. If the Mummy moves next turn, it takes 6 lightning damage.

Knowledge Checks against the Spider: 25 Arcane, 20 History, 30 Dungeoneering.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Eitri places a mark upon the spider, promising it a hard time should it continue to hurt his new allies. He then swings his hammer at the mummy, delivering a solid blow. Eitri remembers little about the spider that he hadn't already inferred from his knowledge of the swarm. Tomb spiders such as these lair near graveyards and other places where there are plenty of corpses for them to lay their eggs in, thus creating an animate mummy in which hundreds of tiny spiders live until they burst forth from the corpse. They are creatures of the dark and not of the natural world, some say possessed and twisted by terrible spirits.

Ráslím tampers with the senses and mind of the monstrous spider, placing it in a maze of mirrors.

Round 4
    Cáï fires an arrow at the old corpse, but unfortunately her aim is completely off today and the arrow misses.

The giant spider hisses with annoyance at the mirrors and lashes out at what it believe to be Ericr, trying to bind him with its web before sinking its fangs into him. Both attempts fail entirely as the illusionary mirrors do their job. It is now completely open for Ericr to deliver a good blow against it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spider is marked by Eitri. 15 damage to Mummy 2 from Eitri.

Spider is immobilized and takes -5 to attacks until end of Ráslím's next turn. It also grants CA to the next attacker and to Ráslím until his next turn.

Cáï is no longer immobilized.

C: Cáï - Init 31, 37 hp, 8 tmp hp
    S: Spider - Barely wounded, cursed by Grimnir, marked by Eitri, immobilized and -5 attacks until end of Ráslims turn, CA to next ally to attack, CA to Ráslím until end of his next turn
    Er: Ericr - Init 25, 60 hp, +1 defences*, +2 damage, +4 regen while bloodied, 8 tmp hp, can't use second wind
    G: Grimnir - Init 24, 52 hp, darkspiral aura 2 pts, 8 tmp hp
    1: Mummy - Wounded, Cursed by Grimnir
    2: Mummy - Bloodied, Marked by Eitri, Cáï's Quarry, Challenged by Ericr
    Ei: Eitri - Init 19, 47 hp, +1 defences*, 8 tmp hp, restrained + vulnerable 5 necrotic

Last edited by Deadly; 2009-12-19 at 05:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Ericr did lash out, his sword again thrumming with powerful radiant energy. In the same breath he struck with his spirit as well, sending a challenge at the second mummy across the way, putting all his spite behind the effort at the thing that would challenge those he'd chosen to protect. His will swelled freely, aiding allies as well as hindering his foes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Granting Eitri a saving throw, making a Radiant Smite vs the spider at a base roll of 16 (hope I hit with the CA reducing its defences), and Divine Challenging Mummy 1 across the way. Since I'm still adjacent to Mummy 2, I think the challenge remains on both.

"So...defeat?"

"...shut up."

Kurik

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Even with the Paladin's guidance, Eitri still cannot break free of the webbing that binds him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled a 6. :/ Ah well, I'll just make the roll come my turn.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Grimnir looks at the monster before him. "Goodbye." He aims his rod, grinning.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Curse Mummy 2, since it's the only uncursed enemy left.

Move: Ethereal Stride to teleport to H11. I gain +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

Standard: Dire Radiance.

Attack roll: (1d20+11)[20] vs. Fort.

Damage: (1d6+3)[8] radiant +(1d6)[2] Warlock's Curse +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows.

Effect: Damage again if it moves closer to me on its next turn.

Effect: Torch of Misery is triggered by the radiant damage. It grants Combat Advantage against my next attack.
    Last edited by Kallisti; 2009-12-19 at 03:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Ngeri

Ngeri frowns at the spider as he calls on the Nightingale to curse the monstrosity.

Spoiler
    Show

Zealous Sanction 23 vs. Will. 17 radiant damage if it hits. Next ally who hits the spider can spend a healing surge+5 hp.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Even with the spider confused and in a most favorable position for Ericr to strike at it, the paladin still fails to even hit it. His efforts to aid his allies seemed to fail as well, aside from drawing the attention of the mummy across the room.

Ngeri curses the monstrous spider, naming it a enemy of the goddess and searing it with radiant power.

Grimnir curses the last mummy before blinking away from the one currently standing next to him, before blasting it with the cold, unrelenting radiance from a distant star.

The old mummy wades through the webs, seared once more by the radiant damage of Grimnir. The corpse moans at the onslaught but continues towards Ericr, intent on getting where the action is. Once there it smacks a fist at the paladin, but misses.

The other mummy regenerates once more, slowly recovering from its wounds, while turning its attention to Eitri. With a hateful moan it strikes at the dwarf, with about the same success as its friend.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can not mark the other mummy without unmarking the first. The Divine Challenge specifically says "The target remains marked until you use this power against another target,..." I will assume you still decide to mark the other mummy, to give it a reason to come to you rather than pester the others.

20 damage to spider from Ngeri. Next one to hit it before Ngeri's next turn can spend a healing surge and gain +5 hp.

15 damage to mummy 1 from Grimnir. Grants CA to Grimnir on his next attack.

8 damage to mummy 1 from Grimnir.

Mummy 2 regenerates 10 hp.

Eitri, Ráslím and Cáï's turn. Don't forget to roll saving throws

S: Spider - Wounded, cursed by Grimnir, marked by Eitri, immobilized and -5 attacks until end of Ráslims turn, CA to Ráslím until end of his next turn, next to hit before Ngeri's turn can spend surge+5.
    G: Grimnir - Init 24, 52 hp, darkspiral aura 2 pts, 8 tmp hp, +1 defences*, +2 to one d20 roll before end of next turn
    1: Mummy - Bloodied, Cursed by Grimnir, Challenged by Ericr, CA to Grimnir on his next attack
    2: Mummy - Wounded, Marked by Eitri, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir

Last edited by Deadly; 2009-12-20 at 05:08 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Seeing that the mummy is near the spider, Cai drew one of enchanted arrows and let fly at the mummy. With any luck the Spider will also be caught in the flames.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Firestorm Arrow +2
    Range Basic: 24 vs AC (I forgot the +1 from missing the mummy last turn in the dice roller)
    Damage: 16
    Quarry: 15
    Both Mummy and Spider: 11
    Last edited by Emlyn; 2009-12-20 at 10:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eitri growled, swinging another thundering upswing blow at the mummy beside him, using the leverage of his swing to tear free from the binding webs that held him in place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eitri rolls a 32 for his Booming Cudgel attack roll, dealing 16 thunder damage. If the Mummy moves from his square before the start of my next turn, he takes 9 damage. Eitri also rolls a 17 for his saving throw, tossing off the Immobilized and Vulnerable-Necrotic conditions. And they said the die weren't favoring me.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

With a few words, phantom birds fly out of Ráslím's orb and circle the spider, harrying and distracting it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action:
    illursory Ambush on the spider, vs will.
    Attack - 17
    Damage - (1d6+8)[11]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Eitri swings his hammer at the mummy, using the force of the blow to tear himself free of the web.

The illusory birds don't seem to bother the spider at all as it tears itself free from Ráslím's previous illusion and once again turns its attention to the real world.

Round 5
    Cáï fires a most deadly aim at the old corpse. The arrow shatters against the corpse in a fiery burst which consumes the old, dry corpse entirely and causes flames to spread all around it, helped along by all the webbing. Fortunately the fires didn't spread even more.

The spider doesn't seem to like the situation. With a spiteful hiss it throws its webs at Ericr, entangling him before striking at him. Fortunately for the paladin the fangs meet his armor instead of his flesh. In annoyance the spider slips to the side to get out of reach of the restrained paladin.

Spoiler
    Show
    16 damage to mummy 2 from Eitri, and if it moves before Eitri's next turn it takes 9 more damage. And Eitri is saved... I mean, Eitri saves!

Ráslím saves as well.

47 damage to Mummy 1 from Cáï, destroying it. 11 fire damage to Spider and Ericr from the burst. If Cáï wishes she can spend a healing surge and gain an additional 5 hp.

Ericr is restrained and gains vulnerable 5 necrotic (save ends both)

S: Spider - Wounded, cursed by Grimnir, marked by Eitri
    Er: Ericr - Init 25, 57 hp, +1 defences*, +2 damage, +4 regen while bloodied, restrained + vulnerable 5 necrotic, can't use second wind
    G: Grimnir - Init 24, 52 hp, darkspiral aura 2 pts, 8 tmp hp, +1 defences*, +2 to one d20 roll before end of next turn
    1: Mummy - Dead
    2: Mummy - Bloodied, Marked by Eitri, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir
    Ei: Eitri - Init 19, 47 hp, +1 defences*, 8 tmp hp
    R: Ráslím - Init 9, 32 hp, +1 defences*, 8 tmp hp

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Ericr's physicality didn't seem up to ripping free of the smoldering webs on his body this time. The lycanthrope hauled at them, but they remained, clinging around his form still. This didn't hinder him entirely, however. He twisted and swung his sword into the mummy beside him, the blade flashing with the nightengale's light.

"So...defeat?"

"...shut up."

Kurik

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Grimnir begons to advance towards the corpse, but the webs stop him behind the paladin. "Accursed cobwebs. Fine, we can do this from here." He raises his torch for another spell.

Spoiler
    Show

See die rolling thread for wasted Fate of the Void on my Acrobatics check...

Ah, well. Standard action: Dire Radiance on the Mummy. It'll probably get partial cover from the paladin--I don't know the 4e cover rules--but it's worth a shot.

Attack roll: (1d20+11)[28] vs. Fort.

Damage: (1d6+3)[6] Radiant +(1d6)[5] Warlock's Curse + 4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows

Effect: Damage is repeated if it gets any closer to me on its turn.

Effect: My next attack against it gains Combat Advantage due to the Torch.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Ngeri

Ngeri moves up to stand by Ericr, then lets loose a burst of divine light on the spider and mummy.

Spoiler
    Show

Moves up to I 10. Cast Divine Glow on Mummy and Spider. 15 and 29 v. Reflex, respectively. 7 radiant damage to each. Everyone within 3 squares of Ngeri gain +2 to attack rolls until end of my next turn.