New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Song of Death [IC]

Grimnir glares at the largely-unaffected monsters, and, rods raised, strides towards the dog. "I'd rather you didn't consume my associate, you flea-ridden ragheap." A dazzling blast of shimmering light and flickering shadow leaps from him, cascading over the dog and one of its minions.

Spoiler
    Show

Immediate Reaction to Cai's new bruises: Life Syphon. I recover 4 HP and gain +2 on my next attack roll, which cancels out the aura.

Move to H9.

Minor: Curse Skeleton 1.

Standard: All the Sand, All the Stars

Cha v. Will: (1d20+13)[25] on the dog, and (1d20+13)[22] on the skeleton.

Damage: (2d6+8)[14] +(1d6)[1]+4+1 to the dog, (2d6+8)[17] +(1d6)[1]+4+1 to the skeleton.

Effect: Anything I hit is dazed until the end of my next turn.
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Ngeri

Ngeri turns towards Ericr and, after muttering a quick prayer to the Nightingale, bathes Ericr in healing light.

Spoiler
    Show

Erirc gets to spend a healing surge +16 hp. And he gets +2 to all his defenses until end of his next turn.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Ráslim

Just outside the beast's aura, Ráslim tries to contain their foe within a series of mirrors, these illusions confusing and confounding them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maze of mirrors, centered on G6.
    Attack vs Will, Wolf: 17
    Attack vs will, S1: 25
    Assuming it misses the wolf, I'll use the Orb of Deception encounter power to attack S2 instead, getting a +3 on the roll vs will:(1d20+16)[20]
    Anyone hit is immobilized and takes a -5 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. They also provide CA to me until the end of my next turn and to the next ally to attack them before the start of my next turn.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Cáï leaps back and fires a shot at the skeleton, but once again her aim is off and the arrow flies off into the darkness while she moves further back away from the threat.

Ericr strikes out at the skeletons next to him in a burst of determination. Only the last hit strikes true, the first just barely missing. However, the beasts surrounding him feel the weakening power of his determination.

Grimnir steps closer to show the dog and skeleton what insignificant gnats they are. Both reel back from the overwhelming power.

Ngeri looks around and decides to delay for just a second.

Ráslím tries to contain the wolf and one of the skeletons in a maze of confounding mirrors. The wolf proves annoyingly stubborn, but the skeleton seems to have succumbed to the illusion. Making a quick alteration, he turns the spell from the wolf against the second skeleton instead, trapping it amongst illusory mirrors.

With Ráslím finished, Ngeri offers a quick prayer to Ericr, lending his aid to the paladin's continued health. With that done he then steps in between the combatants and raises his holy symbol high, searing all undead around him with radiant power.

Eitri steps around Ericr to strike at the remaining skeleton, this time delivering a solid hit.

Round 3

The dog and skeletons struggle against the overwhelming powers holding them at bay. Only the one next to Ericr and Eitri manages to get anything done this time, stabbing feebly at Eitri but failing to do any harm.

Spoiler
    Show
    10 damage to skeleton 2 from Ericr. Ericr regenerates 4 hp.

Grimnir regains 4 hp. 20 damage to dog and 23 to skeleton 1 from Grimnir. Both are dazed.

Ráslím hits skeleton 1 and 2.

Ericr spends a surge and regains 41 hp. Ericr gains +2 to defences until end of his next turn.

Ngeri: Healing Word is only a minor action. I'm going to delay your action until after Ráslím's turn and then use Turn Undead for you.

Turn Undead: 25 damage to skeleton 1, 42 damage to skeleton 3, 23 damage to skeleton 4 and 42 damage to dog from Ngeri. All are pushed 5 squares and immobilized until end of Ngeri's next turn.

Notice that skeleton 3 and 4 are currently outside the map (despite being shown).

Eitri uses Booming Cudgel against skeleton 2: 19 damage.

Notice the new initiative order

The orange-y circle around the dog is an aura. When you start your turn within it you take -2 to attacks until end of your next turn.

Skel1: Near death, Cursed by Grimnir, dazed til end of Grimnirs turn, immobilized and -5 attacks and CA to Ráslim til end of Ráslím's turn, CA to first attacker
    Skel2: Hurt, Cursed by Grimnir, immobilized and -5 attacks and CA to Ráslim til end of Ráslím's turn
    Skel3: Bloodied, Cáï's Quarry, immobilized til end of Ngeris turn, 3 sqrs outside map
    Skel4: Hurt, immobilized til end of Ngeris turn, 3 sqrs outside map
    Cáï: 30/75 hp
    Ericr: 74/102 hp, +2 defences (adj. to Eitri), +2 damage, regen 4 while bloodied, +2 defences til end of turn
    Grimnir: 56/78 hp
    Ráslim: 65/65 hp, 8 temp hp
    Ngeri: 62/78 hp
    Eitri: 53/95 hp
    Dog: Bloodied, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir, Aegis of Shielding, dazed til end of Grimnirs turn, immobilized til end of Ngeris turn

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Feeling wounds close and bones knit, Ericr howled a new challenge at the massive, canine abomination and charged. The force of the howl went ahead of him like a wave, again with that faint suggestion of the beating of a thousand tiny wings.

"Embrace the void, cur!"

His sword gleamed with the Nightengale's blessing once again, and he swung, crashing it into the shoulder of the shambling blasphemy.
    "The only thing between us and victory is that Ogre Mage!"

"So...defeat?"

"...shut up."

Avatar by the illustrious and swift Djinn_in_Tonic.

Kurik

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Curse Skel 3.

Move: Move to K10.

Standard: Eldritch Blast on the wolf.

(1d20+14)[25] vs. Reflex

(1d10)[5]+(1d6)[6]+4+1 damage

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cai is immensely thankful that Grimnir got the skeletons off of her. Seizing the opportunity she fires off a shot at the nearest skeleton.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Mark skeleton 4 as quarry
    Range Basic Attack: 30 vs. AC
    Damage: 26
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: A Song of Death [IC]

Ráslím

Molding several small creatures out of arcane energies, Ráslím's creations swarm the large beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Illusory Ambush on the dog
    Attack vs Will: 32 (added the modifiers wrong on the roller)
    Damage: 14
    On hit, the dog takes a -2 to attack rolls till the end of it's next turn and provides CA to me until the end of my next turn and to the next ally to attack them before the start of my next turn.
    Move: To N11.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Cáï fires a shot at the nearest skeleton. This time she has more luck hitting the thing, but strangely the damage seems to be less than it should be, and the other skeleton nearby staggers slightly as if it too had been hit.

Ericr charges at the monstrous abomination and delivers a resounding hit, his blade tearing through the undead flesh with righteous fury. Yet still the beast remains standing defiantly.

Grimnir just barely manages to add a few more wounds to the lumbering corpse pile.

Ráslim sends a swarm of annoying little illusory critters at the dog, stinging and biting and distracting the great beast. Still it doesn't seem willing to give up yet.

Ngeri turns to the skeleton next to Eitri and raises his holy symbol to burn the undead corpse in holy flames.

Meanwhile Eitri moves in to aid Ericr. As he does the skeleton next to him makes a swift stab at him, just barely managing to get its blades past his armor. Eitri ignores the pain and continues onwards to deliver a blow to the skeleton next to Ericr. While the skeleton remains standing it looks like its a close call.

The pile of walking corpses turns its dead eyes on Eitri, annoyed at the dwarf's protection of Ericr. Apparently determined to take the dwarf out right here and now, the dog lashes out at Eitri in a veritable flurry of claws. But apparently whatever luck it had against Ericr a moment ago has completely disappeared, as every single attack fails miserably.

Round 4

The skeleton next to the dog makes a stab at Eitri as well, but has only marginally more luck, looking slightly less pathetic when it misses. The skeleton which got a lucky stab at Eitri when he moved follows the dwarf to flank him with its friend. Apparently this one has a bit more luck, as it manages to slip its daggers past Eitri's armor once more while he's distracted by the other skeleton.

The other two skeletons charge at Ngeri, blades raised. The first one sinks its daggers into the cleric's soft flesh, while the other misses.

Spoiler
    Show
    26 damage to skeleton 4 from Cáï. It takes half that damage (13) and Skeleton 3 takes the other half (13).

42 damage to Dog from Ericr.

16 damage to Dog from Grimnir.

14 damage to Dog from Ráslim.

Ngeri's actions : Sacred Flame on Skeleton 2. 18 damage to Skeleton 2 from Ngeri, and Eitri gains 7 temporary hit points.

Eitri's actions : Booming Blade on Skeleton 1. 14 damage to Eitri from Skeleton 2 as he moves out of its reach. 14 damage to Skeleton 1 from Eitri.

I swear my dice are hexed first the dog rolls two 20s against Ericr and now it rolls two 1s a 2 and a 4 against Eitri. What the heck is up with that?

21 damage to Eitri from Skeleton 2.

17 damage to Ngeri from Skeleton 3.

The orange-y circle around the dog is an aura. When you start your turn within it you take -2 to attacks until end of your next turn.

Skel1: Near Death, Cursed by Grimnir
    Skel2: Bloodied, Cursed by Grimnir
    Skel3: Bloodied, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir
    Skel4: Bloodied, Cáï's Quarry
    Ericr: 74/102 hp, +2 defences (adj. to Eitri), +2 damage, regen 4 while bloodied, -2 attacks (aura)
    Grimnir: 56/78 hp
    Ngeri: 45/78 hp
    Eitri: 25/95 hp, -2 attacks (aura)
    Dog: Bloodied, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir, Aegis of Shielding, -2 attacks til end of next turn, CA to Ráslim and next ally to attack until end of Ráslim's next turn

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Grimnir grins at the assembled monsters and walks towards the dog. "Now die, worms."

Spoiler
    Show

Yay, cheesy lines!
    Move: Move to I7.
    Free: Skels 2 and 4 were bloodied last round, triggering my Pact Boon thanks to my Bloodcurse Rod. I'd been adding the boons to my Darkspiral Aura, but I'll take those ones as Fate of the Void, adding to my attack roll on the dog.
    Minor: Second Wind. +2 Defenses, + 19 HP, and thanks to Rune-scribed Soul +1 attack and +4 damage. -1 healing surge.
    Standard: Cursebite.
    Dog:
    (1d20+19)[33] vs Fort
    (2d8+4)[19] +(1d6)[4] +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows +4 Rune-scribed Soul.
    Skel 1:
    (1d20+19)[22] vs Fort
    (2d8+4)[19] +(1d6)[3] +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows +4 Rune-scribed Soul.
    Skel 2:
    (1d20+19)[38] vs Fort
    (2d8+4)[14] +(1d6)[6] +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows +4 Rune-scribed Soul.
    Skel 3:
    (1d20+19)[21] vs Fort
    (2d8+4)[18] +(1d6)[5] +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows +4 Rune-scribed Soul.
    Skel 4:
    (1d20+19)[28] vs Fort
    (2d8+4)[19] +(1d6)[5] +4 Rods +1 Empowering Shadows +4 Rune-scribed Soul.

11. - Top - End - #191

Cai is not exactly sure what just happened but at least something got hurt. As the skeletons move away from her she fires an arrow at each of them.

Spoiler
    Show

Twin Strike: 30 vs. AC
    Damage Skel3: 8

Twin Strike: 35 vs AC
    Damage Skel4 (quarry): 28

As Grimnir launches a spell Cai let's loose another at the dog.
    Spoiler
    Show

Combine Fire: 30 vs. AC
    Damage: 21
    Last edited by Emlyn; 2010-02-07 at 01:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Cáï fires two quick shots at the two skeletons. Once again, one of the skeletons seem to take less damage than it should while the other looks more battered in return.

Ericr strikes out at the dog once more, but has about as much luck against it as it seems to have had against Eitri a moment ago.

Grimnir sees his chance to go all out on the undead. While the dog resists most of the necrotic onslaught, all three skeletons are blasted to cinders.

As Grimnir casts his spell, Cáï jumps in with an additional shot at the dog, delivering a solid strike. Still the dog remains standing, though it looks almost ready to collapse by now.

Spoiler
    Show
    8 damage to Skeleton 3 from Cáï. 18 damage to Skeleton 4 and 10 to skeleton 3 from Cáï (total 28 between the two).

Grimnir regains 19 hp and gains a bunch of bonuses.

17 damage to dog, 26 damage to Skeleton 1, 24 damage to Skeleton 2 and 27 damage to Skeleton 3 from Grimnir. Skeleton 1,2 and 3 are destroyed. Cursebite only works against those you have cursed (and you spent both a minor and a move action this round) so Skeleton 4 is unaffected.

21 damage to Dog from Cáï.

Ráslim, Ngeri and Eitri's turn.

Skel4: Near Death, Cáï's Quarry
    Ericr: 74/102 hp, +2 defences (adj. to Eitri), +2 damage, regen 4 while bloodied, -2 attacks (aura)
    Grimnir: 75/78 hp, +2 defenses +1 attacks +4 damage until end of next turn.
    Ngeri: 45/78 hp
    Eitri: 25/95 hp, -2 attacks (aura)
    Dog: Near Death, Cáï's Quarry, Cursed by Grimnir, Aegis of Shielding, Challenged by Ericr, -2 attacks til end of next turn, CA to Ráslim until end of Ráslim's next turn
    Last edited by Deadly; 2010-02-07 at 02:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Ráslim

Ráslim directs his creatures to continue the attack on the dog-beast, the illusions in his mind taking on a real form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard:Illusory ambush on the Dog again.
    Attack vs will: 30
    Damage: 10
    -2 to attack until the end of my next turn, provides CA to me until the end of my next turn and to the next ally to attack them before the start of my next turn.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Ráslim continues his illusory onslaught to keep the dog distracted.

Ngeri directs a quick prayer Eitri's way while striking out at the last remaining skeleton, but misses by a couple inches.

Eitri strikes at the dog but misses as well. Making a snap turn he draws on his reserves to follow up with another swift strike. Thanks to Ráslim's illusion distracting the monster, Eitri manages just barely to deliver a resounding blow to the lumbering beast. With a mighty crash the monstrous abomination collapses in a heap of rotting flesh.

Round 5
    The lone skeleton remaining makes a desperate strike at Ngeri, but despite managing another stab at the cleric the future doesn't look very bright for the undead thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    10 damage to Dog from Ráslim.

Ngeri's actions: Healing Word on Eitri, who regains 44 hp. Sacred Flame on Skeleton 4. Miss.

Eitri's actions: Booming Cudgel, miss. Action Point (Aegis Sigil). 30 damage to Dog from Eitri, destroying it.

13 damage to Ngeri from Skeleton 4.

Cáï's turn. I imagine she'll likely end the encounter, so not much point having everyone post actions.

Skel4: Near Death, Cáï's Quarry
    Grimnir: 75/78 hp, +2 defenses +1 attacks +4 damage until end of next turn.
    Ngeri: 32/78 hp
    Eitri: 69/95 hp, -2 attacks (aura)
    Dog: Dead

15. - Top - End - #195

Cai let's one final arrow fly at the skeleton.

[spoiler]
    Range Basic Attack: 24 vs. Ac
    Damage: 24
    [spoiler]
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Cáï's arrow flies through the darkness and crushes the skull of the skeleton, which collapses in a pile of bones. As the graveyard falls silent once again, only the eerie sound of distant cries is heard.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

"Let's get inside and under cover."

It wasn't a suggestion, the way Ericr phrased it. The battered paladin's eyes were already sweeping the graveyard, making sure no further threats were going to try rising out to attack. His massive sword was gripped tightly in his right hand, the left holding one of his sides.

"So...defeat?"

"...shut up."

Kurik

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Ráslim

Ráslim shivers in the silent graveyard, quickly agreeing with Ericr and takes cover in the doorway of the large building. Almost able to feel some remnant of the spirits of the dead here, Ráslim sees fleeting visions that he's not sure aren't real.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

The graveyard remains deathly quiet. Wherever all those corpses which must have once been in the graves are, it is not here. The four skeletons were clearly not among those who rose from the graves here, as the pieces of flesh still clinging to their bones are perfectly fresh. Maybe they sought to hide here in life, when all hell broke loose on the city, and were killed by the dog. From their size it seems they were children. Why four children would seek refuge in a graveyard is hard to tell, but with all the chaos and death elsewhere it may not have seemed the worst of places after all.

A slight glitter of gold on the finger of one of the skeletons catches the paladin's gaze.

Ráslim can see little through the broken door. The darkness inside is complete, but he swears that he can hear the cries of the damned howling within, like a distant and faint choir, and see flickers of ghostly lights moving about like tendrils in a sea of darkness. A cold breeze comes out at him from inside, sending chills down his spine. Even if his senses are merely playing tricks on him, the old prison is by no means a frienly looking place and who knows what the recent events have done to it.

20. - Top - End - #200

Cai does a quick search of the bodies to see if they carried anything.

Search:(1d20+13)[17]

Once that's done, Cai comes up to Ráslim and says, "I don't like the feel of this place. I think we should avoid it." She glances nervously inside then says, "I'll scout ahead again." She slips of towards the angry mob to see what's going on. (Ideally looking for a high place to observe from.)

Stealth:(1d20+18)[26]
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Grimnir stands where he had when he'd cast his last spell, staring off into the distance. He could wait. Better to let the girl do her scouting, to be careful. After all, if he died now, he'd never know what had become of his prey in the madness that hit the city.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Ericr concentrated, and his armour again reverted to plain clothing. Less noise was ideal until they got into another scrum. He moved toward that glinting he'd seen and crouched down to examine it.

"So...defeat?"

"...shut up."

Kurik

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Cáï finds little on the corpses. The skeletons were carrying daggers, but none of them seem to be worth much. Heading off to scout, she tries to get a sense of the situation outside the graveyard. The mob is gathered in front of the guard tower, in a crude half circle of wildly dancing and cheering people, most of them with their backs at her and blocking her from seeing properly what goes on. Their cheers are almost drowned out by equal screams of pain and horror. Perhaps if she moved close enough she could see better, or if she found a high spot.

The alleys and paths south around the tower seem clear as far as she can tell, but who knows what lurks in the darkness or further away. Aside from the tower, there aren't that many high places. From the tower she could no doubt get a good view of much of the district and even beyond, in particular she should be able to see exactly what goes on with the mob, but otherwise there are only the smaller houses and the wall that she could scale.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's the district map again. From the graveyard you can either go "north" through the mob, or "south" around the other side of the tower. Obviously if you go north you'll have to get past the mob somehow. If you go south it's not clear what you'll have to deal with yet. There's also the chance that one of you will be spotted by the mob before you get to the other side of the tower, of course.

Cáï is roughly in square I-10 presently

Ericr kneels down to take a better look at the skeleton and the glinting. It hasn't been fully stripped of flesh by the dog, and one of the fingers look mostly intact. On it, he finds a small golden ring covered in blood and gore but otherwise unscathed.

24. - Top - End - #204

The crazed screams unnerve Cai. It keeps bringing images of Ashmoor to mind and that is a place she never wanted to visit again. But standing still will get her killed and she presses on. Heading south of the mob she looks for a way to get up the guard tower so she can see what's going on.

Stealth:(1d20+18)[37]
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Ngeri

Ngeri holds his holy symbol tight as he stands slightly apart from the others, praying constantly in a low murmur under his breath. He occasionally looks up at the sky or around the area fearfully.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Cáï moves silently past the mob with great skill, like a shadow in the dark. She is quickly out of sight of the mob behind the tower, finding the place much more deserted though no less disquieting. Within moments she finds herself almost exactly opposite of where she climbed the tower earlier.

The tower is made from rough stones, and there are plenty of places to get a good hold. Unless her luck is very much against her she should have no trouble scaling the tower again.

Meanwhile, Ngeri thinks he saw something move in the shadows on the other side of the graveyard. Turning to look he sees a ghostly woman, with long raven hair standing amidst the shadows. She looks towards him, as if to call out, but is gone from sight the very same moment, swallowed up by the darkness. Ngeri is not sure if he really saw her, of if everything that's happened merely is playing tricks on his mind.

27. - Top - End - #207

Right then, let's do this. She reaches for a handhold and starts up the side of the tower.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure how many rolls I'll need so here's a few.
    (1d20+11)[26]
    (1d20+11)[31]
    (1d20+11)[18]
    (1d20+11)[13]
    (1d20+11)[26]
    (1d20+11)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Ericr picked up and pocketed the ring for the moment, having the mob to focus on in the meantime. He tried to get an idea who the more tortured screams were coming from, and if it was something he would have to intervene in...

Spoiler
    Show
    What sort of roll should I make?

"So...defeat?"

"...shut up."

Kurik

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Cáï scales the tower, once again without any great trouble. As she ascends the old structure the feeling of soul-chilling cold she felt before falling returns, but not as close or strong as before. As she reaches the top and looks over the roof of the tower at the city around it she is struck by a terrible sight indeed.

To the north, across the bridge, the sky has darkened, as if the very darkness is gathering there... feeding on the death and pain all around, growing and coalescing into something. Writhing shadows, like screaming souls, swirl around this black cloud of death, sometimes breaking free to descend upon the hordes below. Cáï can feel the cold emanating from this... thing, like a malignant presence covering the city like a blanket, draining warmth, life and leaving only despair.

The vast majority of the undead have concentrated in at least two groups that Cáï can see. One to the north under the great darkness, the other to the east swarming the southern gate out of the city where even greater hordes arrive from the countryside outside. The ones to the east don't seem to be doing much aside from blocking the nearest exit of the city. Cáï would almost swear that it looks completely deliberate.

The other group, to the north, is clearly swarming around the last bits of life in the city. Something is alive there and fighting back still. Cáï can see the flashes of radiant light and glints of armor and weapons among a veritable inferno of flames, yet it is all drowned out by the terrible darkness hanging above and draining all life and light around it. Whoever is still alive there, they won't hold out forever.

Turning her gaze away from whatever horror is going on on the other side of the bridge, Cáï looks down upon the mob below. Finally able to see it in its entirety, Cáï is faced with a sight of overwhelming, grotesque brutality. Several women and children have been stripped and strung up or nailed to poles or impaled upon long spears, and others lie on the ground helplessly overwhelmed by the savage and insane mob. Yet they are all alive, seemingly kept so by some dark magic despite mortal wounds and constant bleeding. Their endless screams rise up like a choir of unimaginable agony. Blood and guts are everywhere, covering the ground and everyone there, as the madmen flay themselves and their helpless victims alike with whips and daggers. One man, currently molesting a young woman strung to a pole, seems to be leading the mob.

Spoiler
    Show
    The sight is absolutely horrifying. 3 points of Madness for Cáï.

It doesn't take any kind of effort for Ericr to tell with certainty that something most terrible and vile is going on within that mob, even if he can't see what exactly it is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception, possibly insight, would make sense if you want a better idea of what goes on. But the basic gist of the situation should be abundantly clear either way.

30. - Top - End - #210

Cai stumbles away from the edge. Her mind shuts down, unable to cope with the horror that was before her. She falls to her knees then starts vomiting. Even once her stomach is empty, dry heaves continue for several minutes. Slowly her survival instincts, honed from Ashmoor and her experience in the woods, take over. She regains control of her body and is able to stand, though rather shakily.

Her mind begins to formulate plans for getting them out of the city alive. East is no good, too many. North would be better but there's the mob. Should we try to join the people fighting? Later, need to get past the mob now.

She takes another look at the scene around her, only processing what could help her survive. Her mind can't cope with processing those images again, so it doesn't. She continues to scan all the way around the tower giving specail attention to the area on the side of the tower opposite the mob. (The side she climbed).

Perception: (1d20+13)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self