New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXX - No Sexual Title for You!

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Is it just me, or does everything you do have political themes to it?

This isn't a bad thing, I guess. Just an observation.
    Well, Resistance/Revolution grew out of me realizing that my favorite part of Vox Populi was the disastrous revolution bit.

Also, Rob and Jack wasn't political, at least I don't think it was.

And I'm avoiding the APE by carefully only discussing Fictional politics or incredibly general themes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Well, Resistance/Revolution grew out of me realizing that my favorite part of Vox Populi was the disastrous revolution bit.

And I'm avoiding the APE by carefully only discussing Fictional politics or incredibly general themes.
    By the way, I had no idea that discussing politics from times as old as ancient Rome was against the rules! Why didn't anybody warn me last thread?

Also: Does anybody else think the ABR threads should be stickied? It's just that I think we're a pretty significant part of the Fancomics forum, and I think it's a bit annoying to get snapped at by a mod for 'going past the 50 line' when the reason for that is their rule about new threads.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-12-18 at 08:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Has anyone yet called the next thread? If not, I'm calling it right now.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    By the way, I had no idea that discussing politics from times as old as ancient Rome was against the rules! Why didn't anybody warn me last thread?

Also: Does anybody else think the ABR threads should be stickied? It's just that I think we're a pretty significant part of the Fancomics forum, and I think it's a bit annoying to get snapped at by a mod for 'going past the 50 line' when the reason for that is their rule about new threads.
    Nah, we may be a significant part, but Stickied threads should serve a vital function in the forum, not just be important.

And I don't think it was our roman discussion that got us shut down last thread. I remember we had some other politicalish discussion going on, I don't think the mods minded our discovery that Grem is, in fact, The emperor Caligula.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

It wasn't roman politics, it was likely the discussion of a certain war and the events that lead to it that ran for three pages.

But, as it got the thread shut once before, I think that's as much as we should say on the subject.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Banned

Nah, we may be a significant part, but Stickied threads should serve a vital function in the forum, not just be important.

And I don't think it was our roman discussion that got us shut down last thread. I remember we had some other politicalish discussion going on, I don't think the mods minded our discovery that Grem is, in fact, The emperor Caligula.
    The Rome bit was an example. Apparently, any political discussion, even from Roman times, is against the rules. This of course includes WW 2. I just wish somebody had told me.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-12-18 at 08:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think there's any point in ABR being stickied. It would just make more hassle for the mods, and it's not really likely we'll drop off the first page due to inactivity.
    As for the 50 page limit, in a perfect forum we'd have the new thread up before we get onto page 51, but the mod's are stretched thin on Giant. As such, they only generally turn up rule-breaking posts are reported, and will of course lock the thread if it's already hit 50 pages, that's standard procedure.

The Rome bit was an example. Apparently, any political discussion, even from Roman times, is against the rules. This of course includes WW 2. I just wish somebody had told me.
    Inappropriate Topics (like Real-world politics) are listed in the "Rules of Posting (Please Read!)" at the top of every subforum.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    If anyone has an Xbox feel free to ask for my Xbox live name
    I dont tend to play Many computer games on my PC anyway...
    *asks for Xbox live name*

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    *asks for Xbox live name*
    Wolfgirl Fay
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Wolfgirl Fay
    And mine is Xartyv. I have no gamer points because it is literally a fresh account.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    I don't think there's any point in ABR being stickied. It would just make more hassle for the mods, and it's not really likely we'll drop off the first page due to inactivity.
    As for the 50 page limit, in a perfect forum we'd have the new thread up before we get onto page 51, but the mod's are stretched thin on Giant. As such, they only generally turn up rule-breaking posts are reported, and will of course lock the thread if it's already hit 50 pages, that's standard procedure.

Inappropriate Topics (like Real-world politics) are listed in the "Rules of Posting (Please Read!)" at the top of every subforum.
    I think you're addicted to self superiority. But I have you beat: I DID read the rules this time. It never says that there is no time limit, that things from five thousand years ago are still considered 'real world events' that need to be banned. When one looks at something banning mention of politics, he generally assumes that this rule is out to prevent flame wars.

I actually requested that this be made clear, but the mod I spoke too informed me that it 'goes without saying'. Well, I didn't get it, and I doubt many would. If I am wrong and everybody else understands it, please inform me of such, because right now, it seems that you are just trying to toot your own horn and tell me that you are a responsible citizen who always reads the rules.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh (I expect it does), but I'm a bit fed up with what I tend to interpret as your sense of self-superiority.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    And mine is Xartyv. I have no gamer points because it is literally a fresh account.
    Thats cool. Add me and I'll probably be on again tomorrow.
    Well.... later on today... like 6 hours or so...
    Starting to consider sleeping...
    OH DEAR, SWEET, MERCIFUL GOD! my dog keeps farting! D-
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

But I have you beat: I DID read the rules this time. It never says that there is no time limit, that things from five thousand years ago are still considered 'real world events' that need to be banned.
    It does not say that there is a time limit either. A blanket ban on all discussion of real-world politics ("no matter what) would, in my eyes, certainly include historical politics. And of course, you had strayed into discussing far more recent politics.
    It never When one looks at something banning mention of politics, he generally assumes that this rule is out to prevent flame wars.
    It's my understanding that discussions of politics, religion and explicit sexuality are banned is because this is a gaming forum first and foremost. To quote the good St. Jude, "The Giant isn't interested in paying for, hosting, or monitoring such discussions.".

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Returning to discussing ABR in the ABR discussion thread...

Xart, here's the picture of the revamped Katya I was talking about.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Returning to discussing ABR in the ABR discussion thread...

Xart, here's the picture of the revamped Katya I was talking about.

Spoiler
    Show
    You win. You just win.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Didn't it have a segment at the end where there was a war between the elves and the orcs? That was slightly political feeling.

I might be remembering this wrong.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-12-18 at 10:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Banned

Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXX - No Sexual Title for You!

Guys, I have a little announcement to make. Or, should I say, Mad Mask! Since I have already proven that he is the only one who reads my posts and he just tells everybody else if the posts are of not so that everybody can gang up on me and make me lose the argument miserably.

Aliens: Keep thinking that, Gremlin.

Um, anyways, I am planning on leaving ABR. I don't really enjoy the Discussion thread anymore, since I feel that I am not bringing much to the table. I have gotten numerous hints that I am not that welcome here, as well. On top of that, I don't have time for drawing the comics, and they just end up looking lousy, anyways, especially now that I don't have Inkscape.

I will continue to watch these threads, of course. I harbor no ill feeling towards anybody here, not even DLB (). But I just can't do this. I'm tired of feeling guilty for not making comics, and feeling guilty for not getting off the computer when I do make comics.

I will try to stay an active member of the ABR community, as I am very fond of you guys. I have some goodwill messages to some of you, because I felt the need to make some goodwill messages. Not sure why. It's kind of melodramatic, like I'm dying or something.

Keris: I just thought you should know that me leaving has nothing to do with the argument we were having. So you can stop bragging.

DLB: Again, I am sorry we never got along. I think we are fairly alike (besides the age difference), which may offend you, but which could account for the reason we can't stand each other. We certainly have our differences, and we don't have the same opinions, but I saw a lot of similarities between us in your mumbling thingy.

Keveak: Just thought I'd say that you're probably my favorite person here. Anybody who can stick a '' in every post regardless of its content tends to cheer me up. You are the ultimate optimist.

Mad Mask: What are you doing reading melodramatic, pointless cliche messages? Get back to work on FI!

To the rest of you: Farewell, and sorry for the sappy bit there. In the immortal words of Red Green, 'Keep your stick in the ice.'
    Of course, he also came up with the idea of using an indeterminate mixture that he found in the barn after the cow died to burn off paint, so...yeah, I don't think he should be quoted that much.

P.S. Oh, by the way, I would like my characters to all be provided for. If anybody is willing to take on a cloaker vampire, a kobold rogue, and Nilmerg himself, let me know. I'd rather they not fade.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-12-18 at 10:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Didn't it have a segment at the end where there was a war between the elves and the orcs? That was slightly political feeling.

I might be remembering this wrong.
    There was a lengthy flashback that took place during a war between the elves and the empire, (an Orc was working for the empire in that flashback), but that was most me just doing an idea that had come to mind than anything.

For Revolution/Rebellion I'm probably going to do distinct "Chapters" that I will plan out ahead of time, hopefully leading to a more coherent story.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #139
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Will each "Chapter" have a regular length, or will it vary?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

There was a lengthy flashback that took place during a war between the elves and the empire, (an Orc was working for the empire in that flashback), but that was most me just doing an idea that had come to mind than anything.

For Revolution/Rebellion I'm probably going to do distinct "Chapters" that I will plan out ahead of time, hopefully leading to a more coherent story.
    Ah! So I'm not remembering that totally wong.

Anyway, good luck with that.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think fantasy world politics really count as politics, in all honesty, so it's probably why nobody's ever had an issue with it.

It's also a clever sidestep!

22. - Top - End - #142

Fantasy world politics don't count as real world politics and are allowable under forum rules. Its when there are direct comparisons between fantasy politics and real world politics that things get diecy.

Talking about how King Midelthorp is a dirty crook and poor monarch is okay. Comparing his reign to <insert unpopular political leader's administration here> isnt.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Banned

I guess Mad Mask is offline.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen of ABR, I have a very important announcement that concerns each and everyone of you. The thing I will talk you about has caused a lot of concern and activity in ABR, but I hope you will understand the reasons I have posted about this.

TJH is REBOOTING!

Indeed, spearheaded by both myself and Xartyve2, The Journey Home is coming back with new, exciting adventurers, menacing villains, and an epic storyline, while turning the Status Quo in over its head.

25. - Top - End - #145

Biters

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen of ABR, I have a very important announcement that concerns each and everyone of you. The thing I will talk you about has caused a lot of concern and activity in ABR, but I hope you will understand the reasons I have posted about this.

TJH is REBOOTING!

Indeed, spearheaded by both myself and Xartyve2, The Journey Home is coming back with new, exciting adventurers, menacing villains, and an epic storyline, while turning the Status Quo in over its head.
    Ain't it a good thing I have my new Katya template and my FFF:R Xartyve template already?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXX - No Sexual Title for You!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post

TJH is REBOOTING!

Hmm. Then there is no explanation.
    Right, then. Bye, guys. It was fun while it lasted.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Biters
    Now now, don't be silly, you didn't inspire us at all! Xartyve2 found out about the idea while watching the new series reboot, what's its name... V?
    I jest, I jest. You're really the inspiration for our reboot.
    Anyways, who's with us?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm with, obviously. I even made myself a new template specifically for it!

30. - Top - End - #150

Is anyone making a new comic for FFF:R, by the way? Hmmm... I suppose if Xart's starting a new plot... he won't be in FFF:R?