New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXX - No Sexual Title for You!

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    FFF:R
    Spoiler
    Show

Barry: "She's a Cyban sandwich."
    Well, y'know, I was actually working on a comic where SP took one look at Falira's glasses and decided that it was his mission in life to find sunglasses that were better than hers, but this works out well too. Also, it gives me an idea for another comic, so...yeah. No worries.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

So once again, the internet on my computer is failing to work, so maybe in a month I will come back with a comic, because I am way too lazy to try to fix my Internet now. :P
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    Your still here...
    I'm still subscribed. I said I'd try to remain active. However, Rand still posts too. He still isn't in ABR anymore.

And RAND got lots of attention when he left! When I left, about three people noticed!

This is why I grew to hate ABR. I would put a lot of effort into my longer posts. They were deeply sincere. And nobody ever paid attention. People just can't take me seriously, for some reason.

Well, I just made myself sad. So I'll do something sincere.

*Unsubscribes*
    Goodbye. To be quite honest, I lied. I never enjoyed ABR. People always had a problem with me. And I will carry grudges. I'm sorry, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-12-20 at 01:29 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184

Alrighty, here's my first attempt at TJHR Brain:

So...yep. In this continuity, Brain doesn't have any Psionic or magical powers and is instead a brilliant scientist and gadgeteer extraordinaire. He's also slightly more predisposed towards violence than TJH Brain, relying on his powerful suit and gadgets to fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Xartyve2 said TJH:R could be of the same continuity and just TJH some time later. He wasn't especially clear.

Great template, though. I especially like the pipes that connect the brain to the robot body, it looks more "realistic".
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-12-20 at 01:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXX - No Sexual Title for You!

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Alrighty, here's my first attempt at TJHR Brain:

So...yep. In this continuity, Brain doesn't have any Psionic or magical powers and is instead a brilliant scientist and gadgeteer extraordinaire. He's also slightly more predisposed towards violence than TJH Brain, relying on his powerful suit and gadgets to fight.
    Cool, I might make a rebooted Moss template too one of the days
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #187

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Xartyve2 said TJH:R could be of the same continuity and just TJH some time later. He wasn't especially clear.

Great template, though. I especially like the pipes that connect the brain to the robot body, it looks more "realistic".
    It is? Huh. I thought it was like FFF: R, with a separate continuity and such.

Well, if it is the same continuity, then forget about what I wrote. The suit would just be an upgrade, I guess.

Thanks, by the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I'm still subscribed. I said I'd try to remain active. However, Rand still posts too. He still isn't in ABR anymore.

And RAND got lots of attention when he left! When I left, about three people noticed!

This is why I grew to hate ABR. I would put a lot of effort into my longer posts. They were deeply sincere. And nobody ever paid attention. People just can't take me seriously, for some reason.

*Unsubscribes*
    Goodbye. To be quite honest, I lied. I never enjoyed ABR. People always had a problem with me. And I will carry grudges. I'm sorry, for what it's worth.
    I guess it's too late now, but I'm going to miss this guy.

Not a lot, but I do feel a little sad that somebody hates ABR.

You know, not posting isn't the same as not listening. It may be the same as not caring, since I didn't care enough to stop you from leaving. Very few people, if anybody, did. I think it's because you were a whiney little speck complaining about stuff and never posts comics. I know this is a stupid reason, but I care a lot more about people when they post comics. I respect them as an equal and not as a fanboy. If you left back when you made crappy comics on Microsoft Paint, I would probably protest. But you don't anymore and haven't for a while so I just don't care.

I guess this would've made a lot bigger of an impact if I posted this before he left.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

So another bailout. Well goodbye then, Gremlin.

I could write a short essay on the matter, but I think it would be wiser not to.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I guess it's too late now, but I'm going to miss this guy.

Not a lot, but I do feel a little sad that somebody hates ABR.

You know, not posting isn't the same as not listening. It may be the same as not caring, since I didn't care enough to stop you from leaving. Very few people, if anybody, did. I think it's because you were a whiney little speck complaining about stuff and never posts comics. I know this is a stupid reason, but I care a lot more about people when they post comics. I respect them as an equal and not as a fanboy. If you left back when you made crappy comics on Microsoft Paint, I would probably protest. But you don't anymore and haven't for a while so I just don't care.

I guess this would've made a lot bigger of an impact if I posted this before he left.
    Hey, cut him some slack, Paint is very difficult.
    I'll miss him. He was fun to discuss with.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #191

Spoiler
    Show
    Guys, I have a little announcement to make. Or, should I say, Mad Mask! Since I have already proven that he is the only one who reads my posts and he just tells everybody else if the posts are of not so that everybody can gang up on me and make me lose the argument miserably.

Aliens: Keep thinking that, Gremlin.

Um, anyways, I am planning on leaving ABR. I don't really enjoy the Discussion thread anymore, since I feel that I am not bringing much to the table. I have gotten numerous hints that I am not that welcome here, as well. On top of that, I don't have time for drawing the comics, and they just end up looking lousy, anyways, especially now that I don't have Inkscape.

I will continue to watch these threads, of course. I harbor no ill feeling towards anybody here, not even DLB (). But I just can't do this. I'm tired of feeling guilty for not making comics, and feeling guilty for not getting off the computer when I do make comics.

I will try to stay an active member of the ABR community, as I am very fond of you guys. I have some goodwill messages to some of you, because I felt the need to make some goodwill messages. Not sure why. It's kind of melodramatic, like I'm dying or something.

Keris: I just thought you should know that me leaving has nothing to do with the argument we were having. So you can stop bragging.

DLB: Again, I am sorry we never got along. I think we are fairly alike (besides the age difference), which may offend you, but which could account for the reason we can't stand each other. We certainly have our differences, and we don't have the same opinions, but I saw a lot of similarities between us in your mumbling thingy.

Keveak: Just thought I'd say that you're probably my favorite person here. Anybody who can stick a '' in every post regardless of its content tends to cheer me up. You are the ultimate optimist.

Mad Mask: What are you doing reading melodramatic, pointless cliche messages? Get back to work on FI!

To the rest of you: Farewell, and sorry for the sappy bit there. In the immortal words of Red Green, 'Keep your stick in the ice.'
    Of course, he also came up with the idea of using an indeterminate mixture that he found in the barn after the cow died to burn off paint, so...yeah, I don't think he should be quoted that much.

P.S. Oh, by the way, I would like my characters to all be provided for. If anybody is willing to take on a cloaker vampire, a kobold rogue, and Nilmerg himself, let me know. I'd rather they not fade.
    ...I'm a bit depressed at how few people replied to this
    Shame on you, ABRites! *waggles finger at everyone who didn't reply*

In other news, I'm rather confused as to exactly what's happening with FI at the moment, but here's an idea for another character:

Spoiler
    Show
    Name is Dust. He's kind of a vigilante opposing the UNA, as they harmed him/his family/something in the past (I don't know exactly what's going on with the UNA, i.e. are they secretly doing some kind of human experiments or some kind of bad stuff). He basically just tries to stop anything having to do with the UNA, and treats anyone affiliated with them as an enemy. He's seen as kind of a serial killer, having a very distinctive weapon: he uses these blades that hook onto his fingers as essentially "claws" to slice, dice, and eviscerate people. Well...maybe not eviscerate, but it's fun to say . His face is covered in bandages, except for one eye. Assorted pics: (got bored in classes, sketched some designs, vectored them 'cause I screwed up some stuff)

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

12. - Top - End - #192

That's because you never left, you can't expect people to notice you leaving if you don't.Rand got more attention for two reasons one because he has been in ABR from the start and is a controversial figure and two because he actually physically left, he went like a month without posting you haven't managed to go 24 hours without posting. I've had days without posting because I haven't had anything to say and I hadn't even left. If you don't post for a week people might realise your serious about leaving.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

*Unsubscribes*
    This just sounds like a sad attempt to draw attention to oneself. Really. you could have done it more elegantly. Like...in comic form...

I give you 48 hours max untill you post in this thread again.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Heres the thing Grem, you engage in arguments, then say nobody here likes you. You say you're quitting, and then stick around to see how people react, and say your going to try to stay active, which means all you're not doing is posting comics, which you don't do anyway.

What you're doing is the equivalent of storming out of the room, then peeking through the window to see how people react. Plus, IIRC, you've done this sort of thing before. It just makes it seem like you want attention, and you get it either by provoking arguments, or by pretending to quit.
    I don't know if that's your intent, but it's what I'm getting from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Heres the thing Grem, you engage in arguments, then say nobody here likes you. You say you're quitting, and then stick around to see how people react, and say your going to try to stay active, which means all you're not doing is posting comics, which you don't do anyway.

What you're doing is the equivalent of storming out of the room, then peeking through the window to see how people react. Plus, IIRC, you've done this sort of thing before. It just makes it seem like you want attention, and you get it either by provoking arguments, or by pretending to quit.
    I don't know if that's your intent, but it's what I'm getting from you.
    Teenagers

I hope he'll be back but I think that you should at least pretend to notice/care, it's good manners.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

FFF:R
    Spoiler
    Show

Barry: "She's a Cyban sandwich."
    GAH! She's like Fake Deadpool!
    Noooo My poor Ryan Reynolds!
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    GAH! She's like Fake Deadpool!
    Noooo My poor Ryan Reynolds!
    Who's like a fake Deadpool?

18. - Top - End - #198
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Who's like a fake Deadpool?
    Cyban, what with the wrist blades and all, looks like Barakapool.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    But without what makes Deadpool Deadpool.

Anyway, Any comments on the first Rebellion/Revolution.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

It sucks taking musinex the second time because you know what's comind.
    ____

21. - Top - End - #201

But without what makes Deadpool Deadpool.

Really good. One thing I'd say is it seems rather...shrunk. I'd maybe leave it a bit bigger so that the panels are less confusing. It's also hard to read the text in the smaller font (or whatever you used for dates and times). Other than that, I think it's great.

*points to his previous post, and the FI-related stuff therein*
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Kopaka View Post
    Really good. One thing I'd say is it seems rather...shrunk. I'd maybe leave it a bit bigger so that the panels are less confusing. It's also hard to read the text in the smaller font (or whatever you used for dates and times). Other than that, I think it's great.

*points to his previous post, and the FI-related stuff therein*
    The font I used for the text-over shrinks numbers for some reason.
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Good, but as has been said, the dates are difficult to read.

@Crimson: What the heck are you talking about?... It can't be No! I don't wanna think about it!

Please, it can't be.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    @Crimson: What the heck are you talking about?... It can't be No! I don't wanna think about it!

Please, it can't be.
    Cant be what?
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Colossus in the Playground

*notices Fayte's gender icon*
    I sense a disturbance...
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    I sense a disturbance...
    There is no disturbance. Fay is indeed female. Since a few months ago, I think.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-12-20 at 06:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Cant be what?
    Cough medicine.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    I sense a disturbance...
    Sit back Rand, because what I about to impart will shake your world to it's very core.
    You see... Fay(t[e])... is a gurrrl!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

There is no disturbance. Fay is indeed female.
    Female gender, but not yet female sex I believe.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

There is no disturbance. Fay is indeed female.
    Lies, thar r no gurlz on teh intarwebz.

But anyway, so besides fixing the sizes of the numbers to compensate for the font's screwyness, anything else? Do people understand what's going on with the faces?
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    But but but they're katars. And katars are totally sweet.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show