New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXX - No Sexual Title for You!

And we, on average, live seven years than you female types.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXX - No Sexual Title for You!

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    And we, on average, live seven years than you female types.
    Less or longer?

EDIT:
    If we live longer then that would be the sole really good thing, that is until eternal life is invented
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-12-21 at 04:21 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Seven years less. I need to stop typing at 1:30 in the morning.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Seven years less. I need to stop typing at 1:30 in the morning.
    Damn you fate!

I read somewhere that girls are more creative annd social on a general level, can anyone confirm that?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I read somewhere that girls are more creative annd social on a general level, can anyone confirm that?
    How does this matter on an individual "I prefer X sex" matter?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Firbolg in the Playground

The grass is not always greener on the other side (We say that in Denmark, don't know an equivalent in English). ...
    It's the same here. At least, in the Mid-West region of the US.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    How does this matter on an individual "I prefer X sex" matter?
    I just want to yell at fate some more

And lack social skills...
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Banned

Me I'm a man's man!

A man's man who watches Olivia Newton-John musicals but a mans man nonetheless.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Damn you fate!

Lies.
    I also read somewhere that females are smarter and better cooks then men. Also lies.
    Some of the greatest artists, scientists and chefs were/are men.

Gender has nothing to do with how smart, how creative or how well you can cook, that's defined by a number of other things.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-12-21 at 08:16 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Lies.
    I also read somewhere that females are smarter and better cooks then men. Also lies.
    Some of the greatest artists, scientists and chefs were/are men.

Gender has nothing to do with how smart, how creative or how well you can cook, that's defined by a number of other things.
    We shouldn't count out that until a still quite recent time women simply weren't allowed to do any of these things professionally in most parts of the world, so men got a pretty good headstart in numbers.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    We shouldn't count out that until a still quite recent time women simply weren't allowed to do any of these things professionally in most parts of the world, so men got a pretty good headstart in numbers.
    I don't believe that there's ever been a law against woman picking up a paint brush and painting, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm also sure that if a woman wanted to discover the light bulb, she could. Although you could argue that with the lack of education women got in comparison to men at the time.
    And whether women were aloud to do these things or not, men still did do them. Meaning that being male doesn't stop you from being able to achieve these things, meaning that gender doesn't have anything to do with how good you are as a chef or scientist and doesn't determine how smart you are which was the point I was trying to make.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-12-21 at 11:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't believe that there's ever been a law against woman picking up a paint brush and painting, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm also sure that if a woman wanted to discover the light bulb, she could. Although you could argue that with the lack of education women got in comparison to men at the time.
    And whether women were aloud to do these things or not, men still did do them. Meaning that being male doesn't stop you from being able to achieve these things, meaning that gender doesn't have anything to do with how good you are as a chef or scientist and doesn't determine how smart you are which was the point I was trying to make.
    Sure they didnt have a law for that, but why would they need it, if women had enough to do raising children, cooking and doing housework so that men would have the time to make a career, inventions and art.
    I didnt say men were unable to do any of these, im only saying these things did a lot to tip the scales towards males.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Sure they didnt have a law for that, but why would they need it, if women had enough to do raising children, cooking and doing housework so that men would have the time to make a career, inventions and art.
    I didnt say men were unable to do any of these, im only saying these things did a lot to tip the scales towards males.
    But I never said that men were able to do these things better then women can, which is why I don't see how your comment about the scales being tipped towards men is relevant.
    Keveak said that he read somewhere that women were more creative and such. I was claiming that gender has nothing to do with a persons creativity. Therefore your comment about women not being able to have many professions has very little to do with what I said because all I said was that gender had nothing to do with creativity or intelligence. So unless you're claiming that women are better then men in these things and were unable to show that they were superior to men because they didn't have the opportunity, (which I don’t think you are), I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say. in fact, my point is something which is held by most feminists.[/rant]
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-12-21 at 02:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

But I never said that men were able to do these things better then women can, which is why I don't see how your comment about the scales being tipped towards men is relevant.
    Keveak said that he read somewhere that women were more creative and such. I was claiming that gender has nothing to do with a persons creativity. Therefore your comment about women not being able to have many professions has very little to do with what I said because all I said was that gender had nothing to do with creativity or intelligence. So unless you're claiming that women are better then men in these things and were unable to show that they were superior to men because they didn't have the opportunity, (which I don’t think you are), I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say. in fact, my point is something which is held by most feminists.[/rant]
    Women and men think different, that's proved. So it might make a difference based on what you are doing and how. I'm not being sexist here, I saw it on television

You also used the fact that a lot of artists and such were male to back up your claim which Threeshades claims is incorrect by stating that women weren't allowed too be it for a long time.
    Which is correct according to my education, women were not seen as able to learn anything beyond basic math until the eighteenth to nineteenth century.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Banned

Well, I'm posting here because this is the place I know. This is the core of the Fancomics section, in my opinion. It's not to get attention, it's because I'm not so sure where else to post this. So I'm just going to say that I'm withdrawing from the Fancomics section.

'I'm going to stop reading the comics here, and stop posting. I need more time in my life, and I'm not getting any. I've always wanted to be more active in the Town and the Homebrews section, but the comics here have prevented that. I need more time.

If I manage to get the backstory comic out, I will put it up here and post on it, but otherwise, I'm out. It's not that much of a big deal, of course, but I just thought I'd make it clear: I'm not coming back to ABR. I saw a few comments after my good-bye post, and they kind of depressed me. So I'm just going to oblige, here. I'm not going to come back within a week, I'm not doing this to get attention, and I'm not trying to whine. I'm not 'peeking through the window', I'm not making much ado about nothing. I'm not going to stay in a place where I'm not wanted.

But I'm pretty content now. I'm sorry for getting off-topic, some of the comments below mine upset me. I thought I'd sleep on it before this posts so that it wouldn't get personal, but I just read them again when looking up my own post, and I got mad all over again.

I'm kind of wasting my time here, actually. Most people must have thought me a troll when I said I was leaving, and ignored me. But I thought I'd pay this place some respect. It was a great comic for the very reasons people say it deteriorated. I loved the confusion, the many subplots. In trying to control it and avoid subplots, I hope the plots themselves will survive.
    Good luck, and I mean it. No grudges this time.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

We are seriously tempting the Mod-Gods here with the sex-V-sex discussion folks

And Grem, hope you find happiness in wherever you end up, I personally think you managed to add something to ABR affairs however little you think you contributed.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-12-21 at 03:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

You also used the fact that a lot of artists and such were male to back up your claim which Threeshades claims is incorrect by stating that women weren't allowed too be it for a long time.
    Which is correct according to my education, women were not seen as able to learn anything beyond basic math until the eighteenth to nineteenth century.
    You misunderstood. What you read claimed that men weren't as creative as women. I said that they are just as creative as woman, and used art as an example. Not just historical art, but even today, both in fine art and in commercial art. (And also very successful male authors, poets and musicians) I was using it as an example to say that a persons gender does not effect how creative that person is, which is what you read. I also never claimed that there weren't any creative women.
    The historical discrimination against women has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there were and still are creative men. Which is why I'm confused by why Threeshades bought it up.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    We are seriously tempting the Mod-Gods here with the sex-V-sex discussion folks.
    And its all my fault!
    Meh Oh well!

Also... Keris should have finished his comic by now...
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground

FI is a continuation of the original FFF IN THE FUUUUTUUUUURE...

So, yeah.

There's also TJH Reboot.
    FI sounds cool. Everyone loves the future.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldPhoenix View Post
    FI sounds cool. Everyone loves the future.
    you already said that...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Since my point got lost in the discussion, I'm just gonna stop bothering.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

That happens a lot her in Random Ban-

I mean, the ABR discussion thread.

...Yeah.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys, first episode of the Avatar Battle Royale Podcast is here! Just got to the youtube channel at the bottom of this post and Episode 1 is playlisted.

It starts really awkward then gets golden.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheABRChannel
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-12-21 at 07:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Guys, first episode of the Avatar Battle Royale Podcast is here! Just got to the youtube channel at the bottom of this post and Episode 1 is playlisted.

That there's some fun listenin'

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    That there's some fun listenin'
    Sarcasm noted. :P

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarcasm noted. :P
    No really, I'm having fun listening to it. All the ABR references and the stories is pretty cool

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

It might be that I'm searching for the folders containign my comic sketches at the moment, but I don't really understand much.

But thanks for the compliment on my MR comics

Okay, done. I enjoyed listening. Seems like fun to do.

Hooray I found the folders!
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2009-12-21 at 09:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post

hehehehe Random chatting!
    I'd do one... buuuut it would be rather awkward for me as well as anyone listening to me...
    Unnnleeeesss >.>
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    hehehehe Random chatting!
    I'd do one... buuuut it would be rather awkward for me as well as anyone listening to me...
    Unnnleeeesss >.>
    Unless it's a farm!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless it's a farm!
    I giggled
    EDIT:NO! unless i can get 6 litres of water and a punch in my gentiallia by mike tyson! Mind you that would also save money XD
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-12-21 at 09:16 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show