New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Acro] GLoG 48: From the Ashes

Brendan waves at Ashna and Magtok from where he's taking down the Christmas lights.

---

Crissy waits on the president.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magtok blinks.

Who's...are you serious? Reinholdt? Apoca-Kitty? Treasure-Hunter Extraordinaire, as he calls himself? That damned talking cat who's nearly brought about the end to the Acroverse several times, and only lives today because nobody has the time and energy to put him in his grave? You know, that Rein?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #753
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ashna smiles wider and shakes her head.

Nope. Never heard of him. Are you sure it isn't just one of you in a cat suit? The description seems to fit, other than the treasure hunting.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok shakes his head.

Ugh, magic. See, now that you've said that, I'm going to be spending the next two weeks looking for enchantments on those trees, to find out exactly how and why they work, and who put those spells there, and how it might turn against or for me in the future, and whether it remains constant all year or shifts with seasons or the drop of a hat and stuff. Magic is stupid, it works in a bazillion different ways, comes from a ridiculous number of places, and can never make up its mind as to whether it can or cannot be used to do something.

If I use a disintegrator ray gun on someone, they get properly disintegrated, but if I point a disintegrate spell wand thingy at someone, they get hurt or killed or wounded or the spell fizzles out or is deflected and lights a tree on fire or something else that doesn't make sense at all. Why can't you magic people just follow the same damn rules and make sense like science does?
    Lowan overhears the statement by Magtok while making small repairs to his VS and chuckles at his comment.
    Apparently you've don't know about Arcane Elves...
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

5. - Top - End - #755

Magtok turns his head towards Ashna, trying to scan her face for some sort of sign of deceit.

You're kidding. I mean, you hafta be just messing with me now, he's almost as infamous as Calublufiok with the whole wanting to end the world for no particularly valid reason. And I only put the entire world in jeopardy once, and that was a long time ago! Nobody remembers the Star Wars Christmas Special anymore anyways.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2009-12-31 at 11:34 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Stormtroopers dressed in black rappel down on Magtok stealing him away from server))

Lowan walks over to the Magtok and Ashna intrigued.
    I've never heard of a Reinholdt until I had recently arrived in this dimension a month or two ago. Perhaps you could enlighten us both on that.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2009-12-31 at 11:42 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

7. - Top - End - #757

No sign of deceit. She heard about Cal from some people in the Taverna, and she heard the name Rein once with no context. That's it.

I guess I managed to miss your cat-alter-ego somehow. Next time he (you) tries (try) to end the world, I'll pay more attention. Good job getting to be so infamous. I bet it's just that I'm relatively new to this world.
    She turns to the elf.
    Hi Lowan. Thanks for backing me up on not having heard of this Reinholdt. And don't explain to Magtok about the magic in the trees, okay?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-12-31 at 11:42 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #758

Magtok sighs, and sets about explaining nearly everything about Reinholdt that he knows of, with emphasis on their deadly duel in the heart of the MagCave, and a precise maneuvering around the fact that the most recent version of Reinholdt is a clone that he himself made to fill him in on some info about Calublufiok. He also manages to insert small accusations against Lowan and Ashna, subtly implying that their ignorance makes them awful people and that they should feel bad about themselves for it.

((Deadtime))
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2009-12-31 at 11:48 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lowan smirks.
    I wasn't going to explain that, I'd rather be more interested explaining how my kind works with both technology and the arcane arts. Just look at my VS for example.

Lowan points to his Vital Suit
    That is a artificial suit that acts as a weapon, tool, anything its needed to be for its user. The power source though comes from the individuals mana whether they can use their mana or if it still lies dormant in their body. Mana also allows the suit to almost completely sync with the users mind and neural system, literally making both the VS and the person act as one.

10. - Top - End - #760

Ashna laughs, ignoring his accusations. Magtok, why were you fighting against yourself? Just to look better when you won? Having decided earlier that Maggy and Rein where the same person.

She then looks at the suit. Nice, it looks even better than what we have. We can't do the sync to a neuron system without getting ghosts to help interface.
    Maybe I should bring you some of our powered armor to look at. It doesn't use mana, since our world doesn't really have it, but our channeling-magic should do just as well, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Ashna laughs, ignoring his accusations. Magtok, why were you fighting against yourself? Just to look better when you won? Having decided earlier that Maggy and Rein where the same person.
    He'd probably look pretty bad if that were the case, seeing as how both of them lost.

IC... right...
    Err...
    A ghost floats by! It doesn't talk to anyone. And disappears quickly.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

It's conclusive! Ashna's bat**** insane!

Reinholdt's ghost may be stopped by a more different ghost, in a fancy uniform with a blue cap and a whistle.
    "Halt, ghost! Are you aware that this is a no haunt zone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

"But... but... there are ancient burial grounds here. How can this not be one?" Old grampa ghosty replies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

"Tell it to the judge."
    Says Authority Ghost, scribbling on a clipboard and handing the paper to Grampa Ghosty.

Said judge is a 17 foot tall, four-armed, jackal headed ghost alight with hellfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well one thing is that the VS has some pretty complex interfacing, but the idea is that it run essentially by absorbing a portion of your mana and utilizing it for as a power source. Depending on how well you can control your mana it can act as a near limitless energy. That leads to the first sort of big problem. Synchronizing with a VS takes almost 5 years for most people to do successfully and being able to maintain it for long periods of time. The second problem is that because a VS connects with your mind. It picks up an persons feelings and thoughts. Like say if you thought about catching a bird, or transplanting a tree, the VS will respond to that thought and conduct the given activity. If you can understand that, then you must see where I'm going with this...

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

"..."
    "Screw it. I'm moving to the Bermuda triangle."

Grandpa ghosty tears up his papers and turns to leave GLoG to go haunt ships.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #767

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    It's conclusive! Ashna's bat**** insane!
    Yes, yes she is.

Ashna nods slowly. Ah. Maybe our way isn't so bad after all.
    Our suits are just to respond to our movements, not our thoughts. Some are made to connect to a ghost that's also connected to the person using it. So they can respond to thoughts, but with some level of judgment. They're harder for people to use though.

She shrugs.
    It'll get improved over time, I'm sure.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lowan nods.
    Its not all bad, its just a matter of controlling your emotions a bit.
    Lowan chuckles a bit.
    Some people would say were turning are kind into robots but its a really just a state of mind you have to be in when controlling the VS. Besides...if you have a strong mind then you can esaily prevent the VS from...leaping before thinking

19. - Top - End - #769

Ashna smiles. Well, it would be better if it didn't respond when your human body wouldn't, and you didn't need a strong mind. ... But it's an improvement, I suppose.
    And people will always be afraid of new technology and ideas.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #770

Susan's still lying in the infirmary, getting better slowly!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Happy fills out an application for a payment plan from Erin's and wonders how they are going to pay all the bills this month.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #772
    Banned

"When can we expect delivery?" Anshu asks Crissy, looking around for Nimai, or failing her, Blue.

23. - Top - End - #773

Blue's present. Hasn't really gone anywhere. Seems she's been trying to make sense of the rather ineffable tangle of fate that exists so close to the Nexus. If she can just crack how the blasted thing is organized she might be able to add some useful information.

Meanwhile!

Avatar grins a rather foxy grin. "Glad you think so! I've got quite a bit to overcome when getting people to trust me is concerned. This place really doesn't have a very good track record with unnatural abominations being friendly. 's why I try to make myself look normal most of the time. If I don't appear to be from the Wyld then generally speaking people won't assume I am."

He begins hopping from rock to rock now, inspecting the inscriptions on each of them. "I think this place is supposed to be aligned to the stars..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Something wicked this way comes...

Or not really. Perhaps saying that something ex-wicked this way comes.

To begin with the information presentation, we will state the basic nature of the figure making its way down the path to GLoG. Female, tall, and statuesque, seemingly sculpted from marble by the hand of a master, so perfect and idealized is the form, but her skin, although flawless and white, is flesh. Dark auburn hair spills down slender shoulders in a splendid fashion, and wings feathered in a matching color sprout from the shoulder blades. The eyes are red and glow, and the features are well defined. The similarities to an angel or other being are obvious, but something is somewhat off about it. Her clothes are formal business attire, well tailored to the peculiarities of her form, and she makes good progress along the trail in a graceful gait despite the impractical heels. An attache case is held in one hand.

Once she arrives, unless spotted or intercepted immediately, she'll look around for someone to inquire as to where the GLoG president is.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

The president is just coming out of the lodge. "Hello. May I help you?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

The woman makes a slight bow and offers a hand to shake. "I'm Thera, the representative from the First Bank of Inside. I just stopped by to see how you were doing."

27. - Top - End - #777
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Blue's present. Hasn't really gone anywhere. Seems she's been trying to make sense of the rather ineffable tangle of fate that exists so close to the Nexus. If she can just crack how the blasted thing is organized she might be able to add some useful information.
    "Did you see where Nimai went to?" Anshu asks his Sidereal companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Avatar grins a rather foxy grin. "Glad you think so! I've got quite a bit to overcome when getting people to trust me is concerned. This place really doesn't have a very good track record with unnatural abominations being friendly. 's why I try to make myself look normal most of the time. If I don't appear to be from the Wyld then generally speaking people won't assume I am."

He begins hopping from rock to rock now, inspecting the inscriptions on each of them. "I think this place is supposed to be aligned to the stars..."
    "Really? What do you think will happen then?"

28. - Top - End - #778

"She said she was going exploring," Blue replies, taking his gaze off the stars for the time being. Heh... one thing he figured out quickly was the fact that time of day is somewhat relative around here. So if you can just filter your perceptions correctly... "I believe she was headed toward the lake."

Meanwhile!

The fox glances up at Nimai, quirking his head off to the side slightly. "What... When the stars are aligned properly? I dunno..." he hops down off the rock and peers up through a hole in the ceiling. One of several. "I don't think it really does anything. It doesn't seem to harness any magical power. At least none that I can smell. It might have just been built as a calender of sorts to keep track of solstices."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    The woman makes a slight bow and offers a hand to shake. "I'm Thera, the representative from the First Bank of Inside. I just stopped by to see how you were doing."
    Happy shakes her hand. "Happy Amakirr. We're doing well. As you can see, the refurbishments are coming along rapidly." The wooden trim of the lodge has a fresh coat of paint, and the paths to the bathhouse and the nearer cabins are cleared. "Would you like to come inside?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Thera nods, a warm yet fierce smile on her face. "That would be lovely. You certainly seem to have done some good work with the place."