New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Converting Monsters to 1e AD&D?

Hi folks! Recently I've rediscovered the joy of 1E AD&D. I don't know if anyone here plays it, as I don't see many threads about it, but I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me convert some of the monsters from the 3 Tome of Horrors volumes to 1E (seeing as they all possess an "old school feel") or some of the "new" monsters that appear in 3.5?

Killing monsters and taking their stuff since 1994

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Converting Monsters to 1e AD&D?

Well, the monsters from the 1st Tome of Horrors were all originally AD&D monsters, so you should be able to find them. Most of them should be from the original Fiend Folio.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Converting Monsters to 1e AD&D?

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Well, the monsters from the 1st Tome of Horrors were all originally AD&D monsters, so you should be able to find them. Most of them should be from the original Fiend Folio.

Debby
    Thanks Debby. I have the 1st edition fiend folio and the early Monster Manuals. But so far I've been using Hackmaster 4th Edition's Hacklopedias of Beasts. Great books to use for critters. What I meant was the newer monsters that appear in the subsequent Tome of Horrors 2, and 3. And some of the ones that appear in the 3rd edition printings of the Monster Manual, such as the Krenshar and Darkmantle.

Killing monsters and taking their stuff since 1994