New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Recaiden's Resplendent and Rotating Realistic Random Banter #136

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Hmmm... More dakka!

Always answer is, more dakka!
    I can't wait to take physics next year... the teacher actually has his 40k Orc army in a case in the back of the classroom. I will be able to add "MOAR DAKKA" to "In place of an answer, please accept this crude drawing of a Velociraptor" for my list of bullsh*t answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    No, we do like you, hence the ''. Why wouldn't someone want to be Korly? But the 'only one' thing explains it. Being you isn't to die for, sorry.
    I barely know her.

Hey, Curly, who are you? Hi, I'm Chumley.

Which country are we talking about here?
    Texas.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Boredom Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    I actually haven't seen most of the newer videos (but I have seen that one). I had seen a few of their videos over the last few months, but I only started a serious archive-trawl a few days ago. I'm up to June of 2007.
    I enjoy most of them, though I find a lot of Hank's songs sorta mediocre, if well-intentionedly nerdy.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    This makes sense. However, it saddens Curly, Goddess of the Written Word that she would be forced to erase her almost-triplet from the universe.
    It's advisable therefore, for the safety of the entire universe, and all things written ever, that DeeRee remain DeeRee, Goddess of [Insert Post Here].
    yeah, y'alls pretty much worked this out. I loves my Curly but BEING "my Curly" would probably fracture the universe because I doubt it could contain two of you. Or two of me, for that matter.

I think we decided what I'm the goddess of a while back but I don't happen to recall it myself. It was in one of my RB semi-hiatuses. Invented languages? Was that it? I'm the Goddess of Invented Languages?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I think we decided what I'm the goddess of a while back but I don't happen to recall it myself. It was in one of my RB semi-hiatuses. Invented languages? Was that it? I'm the Goddess of Invented Languages?
    Constructed Languages, yes. Although I would have suggested yarn. <.<
    I should ever work more on that constructed language of mine. Like, make some actual words and test to see how many mistakes have been made designing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    I can't wait to take physics next year... the teacher actually has his 40k Orc army in a case in the back of the classroom. I will be able to add "MOAR DAKKA" to "In place of an answer, please accept this crude drawing of a Velociraptor" for my list of bullsh*t answers.
    He plays Orkz? Well, it's better than nothing. And does open up dakka and grammar related jokes. Anyway, deinonychus (deinonychi?) are better.

Texas.
    Don't be absurd! We in Texas have a president.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Constructed Languages, yes. Although I would have suggested yarn. <.<
    I should ever work more on that constructed language of mine. Like, make some actual words and test to see how many mistakes have been made designing it.
    The more I learn about real languages other than English, the better mine get. And yarn is sort of a lame and boring godship, and in any case, I only control one sect of yarn-users (crocheters - I don't knit or weave and certainly spinning and carding is out of my hands) so I think the knitters would want a word with me if I claimed dominion over their materials.

Conlangs are one thing with which I'm delighted to play, however.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

I tired conlang once... I have neither the attention span, the vision, nor the creativity to do it.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

I tired conlang once... I have neither the attention span, the vision, nor the creativity to do it.
    *blesses with goddess powers*

(aka...*directs to my boss*)

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    I'd probably go with something completely abstract with little to no relation to the original joke's idea. Probably involving some sort of particularly obscure reference.
    Something like "Hey Rutsky, why don't you do train?"
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

YES! I found that page a while ago when I was just starting, and then lost it.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Something like "Hey Rutsky, why don't you do train?"
    Aside from the fact I would never use 'Rutsky', it would make less sense to you and make more sense to me.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

YES! I found that page a while ago when I was just starting, and then lost it.
    My boss might not know he's my boss, but I still love him.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

'Tis a pretty amazing site.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Aside from the fact I would never use 'Rutsky', it would make less sense to you and make more sense to me.
    I'm glad we reached this agreement.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

13. - Top - End - #133

* petitions for a blessing *

I've actually already found that site. It's what's gotten me this far.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #134
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

...You've dedicated yourself to the service of a sentient website?

Weird girl, Deary, weird girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...You've dedicated yourself to the service of a sentient website?

Weird girl, Deary, weird girl.
    What can I say? I'm not a linguist, but I like to play.

16. - Top - End - #136

So today I had to drive through the snow. I started sliding, and managed to drive sideways for about 20 ft.

It was both terrifying and fun.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

I vote fun.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    So today I had to drive through the snow. I started sliding, and managed to drive sideways for about 20 ft.

It was both terrifying and fun.
    I hope there weren't very many people and or other cars around you.

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    I hope there weren't very many people and or other cars around you.
    No. I was trying to turn around to get in my driveway. I forgot that I was on an area that's typically icy. It was also on a slope, which helped me slide. Thus, nearly-piss-inducing fun was had.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

No. I was trying to turn around to get in my driveway. I forgot that I was on an area that's typically icy. It was also on a slope, which helped me slide. Thus, nearly-piss-inducing fun was had.
    oh okay. well luckily you didnt hit anything.
    Last edited by Perenelle; 2010-01-02 at 04:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

oh okay. well luckily you didnt hit anything.
    Yes. That was indeed lucky. I don't have the money to repair any damages to my car.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Dragonprime, every time someone quotes you, there's a moment where I think "I don't remember saying that..." and then realize that the tail end of the "originally posted by . . . ." is different.

I hate my name! don't suggest I change it because I don't, really, so I'm not going to. ;)

23. - Top - End - #143

DeeRee, you think that's bad, I mistake quotes from DeePree as mine! They're not even that similar! They have a D, G and N in roughly the same places and that's about it.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2010-01-02 at 05:22 PM.
    BANG → !

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

I dont think there's anyone else with names similar to Perenelle.....or at least I havent come by any.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

I dont think there's anyone else with names similar to Perenelle.....or at least I havent come by any.
    Not to my memory, no. Fantasy creatures and classes tend to trip me up a bit, though.

I have this problem in RL, too. I forever call two of my friends by each other's names when we're all together, no because they're similar, but because their names are full of A's, N's, and D's. >.<
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    I have this problem in RL, too. I forever call two of my friends by each other's names when we're all together, no because they're similar, but because their names are full of A's, N's, and D's. >.<
    My name is really common in my generation (apparently it was really popular for parents to use around 1995) , so I get called by my last name sometimes. Especially in school, when there's at least 3 or 4 other people that have the same name as me in the room. and one of my closest friend's name is really common too, but so is her middle and last name.
    Last edited by Perenelle; 2010-01-02 at 05:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey look a new (to me) thread.

I'd like to officially announce the release of Itous' and my webcomic The Vengeful Blood Alliance at http://www.vengefulbloodalliance.co.uk/
    Last edited by Gullara; 2010-01-02 at 05:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Dragonprime, every time someone quotes you, there's a moment where I think "I don't remember saying that..." and then realize that the tail end of the "originally posted by . . . ." is different.

I hate my name! don't suggest I change it because I don't, really, so I'm not going to. ;)
    Heh, the exact thing happens to me. I once even did the reverse, and thought that I was you. I looked at a thread and thought to myself "Oh, Dragonrider posted." Then I checked, and saw it was me.

DeeRee, you think that's bad, I mistake quotes from DeePree as mine! They're not even that similar! They have a D, G and N in roughly the same places and that's about it.
    DeePree...

I kinda hope that catches on.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2010-01-02 at 05:36 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #149

DeePree...

I kinda hope that catches on.
    See, that's what I keep telling everyone. I've used it for about... well, ever since I found out about DeeRee.
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #150

See, that's what I keep telling everyone. I've used it for about... well, ever since I found out about DeeRee.
    Well keep using it with regularity. It's an amusing nickname.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas