New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

((See here for OOC Discusion and other information.))

In the infinite layers of potential that make up reality there lies many incarnations of all being, even the abominations. In one of those layers the sparkling beings refered to as vampires were exterminated by a powerful group of hunters. Now we take a look into another.

Here begins the tale of the hunt.

A tale of crime, corruption, darkness and monsters.

The journey of an alien from beyond time and space.
    The battle of an assasin with many a face.

The quest of a deity of ancient lore.
    The story of a mad criminal only after more.

We stand at the face of the beginning of the end.

Twilight: The Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

Dr.Crane lifted the test tube with the tongs until it was on par with his eye, carefully examining the chemical reaction taking place within. He slowly lowered it into a rack on the table where he would need to allow it to simmer for over an hour before the chemicals inside would have finished and he could test it out on one of his lab rats. He slowly walked over to the chair he kept in the corner of the basement he was using as his lab and wondered just how he had ended up in Forks working for this 'Cullen' family. It didn't take long to remind himself he knew 'how'; he simply felt that Gotham had reached a temporary state of Anarchy and those rarely ended well for him, so he took a small vacation and had decided to listen to that loathful Clown's suggestion of testing his new equipment out on some small out of the way town; Forks seemed an interesting place and so he'd attacked a small family out hunting, a family by the name of 'Cullen.' The ensuing fight with a few of them had revealed their nature and he'd agreed to work with them after the fight had ended.

'Of course, had I known how petty they were, I might have simply gassed them and returned to Gotham.' Dr.Crane thought. Really it was amazing that these people were so utterly lacking in true intellect despite the long span of years they'd had to acquire it. The majority of the family were blank annoyance's who's names he barely bothered to remember, although the boy, Edward Cullen, was likely more dangerous than he let on; it wasn't hidden well. The girl, Bella, was everything annoying about teenagers girls he had seen at school; shallow, self-absorbed, and obsessed with boys. The only Cullen he was on remotely good terms with and could respect was the Doctor and Patriarch of the family; the man was a doctor of no small skill who had bothered to use his long life to actually LEARN something, which definitely ranked him above the rest of his family.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-03 at 03:01 AM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

A car cruised in to an empty lot in the park beside the reservation. It was not much to look at, a beat up convertible, long past the point of easy identification, scratched paintwork, dirty windows and no license plate. The engine grumbled and hissed as it clunked along, but was still considerably faster then walking.
    The driver sighed.
    In theory he didn't have to live like this. Money was easy to acquire, easy as power or influence, for one of his talents there was always plenty, he couldn't run out if he tried. But none the less, he did. There was still belief down here, grudging and petty though it may be. Up above, in 'better company,' (although they had more to hide then the people they looked down on, which was the way it should be) all there was was smug self-satisfaction and a nauseating sense of entitlement. They'd believe in their own intelligence before they'd believe in luck, they had enough self-assurance to believe their success was simply a product of their own work and commitment, positive thinking and penny a dime bullshit like that. To smug to believe in any supernatural identity, even the ones that existed without them.
    Up there, he starved. The legacy of the western world was a middle-class senior citizen with a video camera and a few smart investments.
    Oh, they'd believe in railroads, or freeways, or whatever else caught their fancy, but not for long, and the god they worshiped was aspects of themselves, and the greedy and unforgiving god, money. He was forgotten, to scratch a living from the bottom. But there was power to be found at the bottom. Desperation made you strong, even humans knew that, and one mans belief was much the same as anothers. You just needed to know which button to press. Small-minded, petty belief, but it was better then nothing. Enough to get by.
    But not for him.
    He would not live this way.

He sucked his teeth as he parked the car.
    His features were craggy; he had a sharp nose and deep-set eyes under a heavy brows. His equally heavy jaw covered in a thick grey beard like twisted wire, slightly untidy and cut short. There was nothing conventionally appealing about him, but he did have a certain presence, that some women found more attractive then the most handsome of features, and he positively oozed charisma and raw confidence.
    He wasn’t particularly big, but he did take up a lot of space. He was wearing a light charcoal, colorless suit, with a darker tie, almost black, and a silver tie-pin in the shape of tree. It was well cared for, but more then slightly ruffled. A glass eye sat in one socket.
    He didn't get out of the car. He sat back, and waited, his eye flickering closed as the engine died, while the glass sphere sat dead in the other. But his eye was roving beneath its lid, watching the reservation through the red, beady eyes of two ravens, carrion-birds who wheeled above the little shit-hole they called a town, watching and waiting, learning all they could. And what they learned, Wednesday knew.

The gray wanderer was here.
    Blood would be shed this day.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 06:27 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #4

Dr. Crane

A young woman seemingly in her late twenties stands in the door way of your labratory. Which is quite strange since she wasn't there a few seconds ago. She stands just over five feet but has the figure that you can't help but think was enhanced by cosmetic surgery or unnatural forces. She is wearing a fur coat with what looks like a giant wolf's head sitting on her shoulder but the head is the size of a regular wolf so there is no way it can be real right? Her odd wardrobe aside she walks with such a natural grace that it is a rather safe bet that she is a being similar to the Cullens.

"You'd gas us huh? Thats cute, you still think your mortal sciences will stand up on their own against the dark arts."

Mr. Wednesday

A group of native teenagers approach the deity. It's quite apparent they do not have the best interests of the seemingly powerless elderly white man who just stoped in their reservation in mind. While these thugish mortals would likely pose Wednesday no threat at all, they are none the less turned away when an middle aged native man yells threats at them in aboriginal languages Wednesday probably doesn't understand too well. The man carries himself in a similar manner to that of Wednesday himself but with much more subtetly, as he gets closer Wednesday should simutaniously see not just a powerful Native American but a giant coyote as if this man is somehow both all at once.

"Odin." Coyote growls almost as if it were a curse. "What are you doing here?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Near the outskirts of Seatle, there is an old but quite well kept trailer in the trailer park, an odd abode for an assassin. It is near 7:30 in the morning, a time when Garcian Smith enjoys a cup of tea at his table facing a shaded window. Just as he brings the jade cup to his lips, the answering machine beeps as a familiar message is played. "Hello Mr. Smith, have you decided on your vote? If you haven't, please let the Republic party make the most of your precious vote. Thank you and have a nice day. -click-"
    Garcian nods at this, and walks down the hall where screams can be heard, coming from a sealed door; but they are ignored, and he enters the master's room. The room is small, and consists only of a TV on a stool, a small chair, and the wheel-chair bound, nigh comatose Harman Smith being abused by his red-haired, miniskirt wearing caretaker. Garcian ignores the behaviour and turns to the TV, and switches to channel #1. The lights go out, the caretaker is replaced by the maid Samatha, and Harman is fully awake.
    Samantha announces,"The Master is awake."
    "Garcian, I sense much trouble in this state, an unholiness infesting an unsuspecting town. This could be the work of an old friend, or another of similar nature, I implore you to investigate."
    "As you wish Master."
    "Samantha, the lights."
    With that the room is back to the way it was, and Garcian departs from the Trailer house.

Over a freeway overpass, a lone figure stands watching the cars go by, he has brown spikey hair, and wears an ugly brown business suit. Garcian approaches and leans back on the railing, the man, Christopher Mills, hands him a brochure advertising the town of Forks. He opens up the brochure and inside is a picture of the Cullen family.
    Garcian asks,"So who are they."
    Christopher responds,"The Cullen family, a bunch of freaks, think they're vampires or something. They have a lot of nasty friends too, remember when the murder rate was much higher than usual last year?"
    "Yeah, they couldn't find any of the killers."
    "They invited the whole circus of freaks, for some initiation or something for their daughter. The freaks went around and murdered people for fun, and the Cullens lent them their cars."
    "That's sick on too many levels."
    "Tell me about it."
    "All right, might as wel get this over with."

A blood red car with what look like rocket thrusters on the back drives into the town of Forks. It finds a nice parking spot near the police station, and out steps Garcian, who views an oddly placed security camera, and is replaced by Dan Smith (who looks like he should be one of the robbers from Reseviour Dogs) in a flash of static. He begins to walk around the town, looking for the Cullens.
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-01-03 at 09:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Harman Smith

An unnaturally large yet somehow sparkely young man watches you as you pass by, having seen you change forms he has decided you might be of some interest. "Here I thought we were the weirdest things in town."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

If any passerby had happened to glance down a small alley to the left of Forks Museum, around lunch time that day, they would have seen a very strange sight.

I began with a noise, a curious 'Vroop', that seemed to echo off all the walls of the alley. This odd noise persisted, but a few second later, something ever stranger began. A flash of blue light seemed to light up the otherwise dingy area, alternately fading, and growing brighter. With every flare, the light seemed to take on a more concrete shape, until, if observed, it would appear to be reflecting off the roof of a box. A blue box. Gradually, the lower half of the box began to form, as though out of nothing, until, in what can have been no more than 10 seconds, what appeared to be a blue police phonebox from around 1950, looking very much out of place in 20th Century America, had formed next to the large bins.

As if this wasn't remarkable enough, the door to the box opened, and a man stepped out. He is average height, with brown, messy hair raised with gel, and a fairly long, sharp face. He is dressed in a brown suit, with small blue pinstripes, and a long brown overcoat.

The man looks around him, a puzzled expression on his face.
    "Hmmm. This isn't Adipose 8," he muttered to himself, with the air of one surprised at his own cleverness. Turning back to the blue box, he regarded it reprovingly
    "Taken me off course again, have you? What's here that I should know about this time? I don't know, after towing the Earth, I'm sure you've got more tempramental. Weell, that's to be expected, I suppose." The man ran his hand through his hair. "The Earth is pretty heavy, after all. And speaking of the Earth..."

He licked his finger, and held it up.

"Earth. 2009. Somewhere in..." He lifted his finger higher. "America. Ergh, I hate America. Too dry. Needs some nice British rain. The food's good though. And the people. Anyway. To be more precise, We're in......I mean... I'm in...." At this, the man seemed to taste the air, rolling his tongue around his mouth. "...Washington. Good, I like Washington. That's good."

Thrusting his hands into his pockets, he made his way out onto the street, and stood in front of the Museum, regarding the area. He appeared a little conspicious on the street, clad in his long coat, which fluttered around his ankles, but he didn't appear to notice.

"Right. Now to work out just where I am. And more importantly, why?"
    Last edited by Eddums; 2010-01-03 at 10:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

((2010, not 2009 anymore))

Ten

A teenaged girl comes up behind the Doctor. She approaches cautiously and taps him on the shoulder in order to get his attention. "You don't belong here. Not in this time."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dan spits on the ground near the man's feet, obviously expressing his opinion of him. He replies to the man's remark as such,"You still are sparkle boy. I've seen plenty of freaks in my time, but never one who peppered themselves in glitter."

10. - Top - End - #10

"It's not glitter. It's...ah screw it." The huge vampire cracks his knuckles and glares at his opponent waiting for "Dan" to make his move.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

It one movement so fast it could probably boggle someone's mind, Dan has his revolver out and aimed right at the vampire's neck. He starts wagging his finger at him, saying,"Well aint you hot **** sparkle boy. I suggest you turn around and walk away, because I've shot plenty of punks before, and most were plenty more intimidating than some guy who bathes in glitter."
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-01-03 at 11:56 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Well it would boggle his mind if he couldn't move at a similar speed with ease. No sooner than the boastful words leave the assasin's mouth a vampire leg sweeps across the group trying to bring the Tarantino reject to the ground. "I've ate people who are more intiminating than you for breakfast."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dan avoids the kick/trip with a simple jump backwards, little can take the assassin by surprise, the fact the vampire was so predictable helped quite a great deal. He then replies to the man's statement, not with words, but with a bullet to the stomach.

14. - Top - End - #14

Unfortunately a regular bullet from a regular handgun isn't going to do much to a Twipire, except make him mad. Which is exactly what happens here. In his fury the vampire lunges forward at the assassin with the force of a charging bull.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dan easily sidesteps this clumsy charge of anger, and unloads two more bullets into the vampire, specifically near the back of the neck and head.

16. - Top - End - #16

The first bullet bounces harmlessly off of his skull but the second pierces into his neck a few centimetres doing only superficial harm. From the open wound leaks not blood as the assasin would likely expect but a syrupy topaz liquid that flows much slower.

Twisting as the bullets hit him the vampire reaches out to try and grab the hand holding the gun.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dan simply throws the gun to his left hand, and shoots at the vampire again, once more at the neck.

18. - Top - End - #18

Only bothered by the new bullet slightly the vampire continues in the same motion to crush Dan's right hand with the full force of his super strength.

19. - Top - End - #19

Dr.Crane looks up, forcing himself to maintain a calm face despite the startling appearance of the women at the top of the stairs and remarks, "Funny, the arts didn't help any of the vampires I met when I first arrived who ended up on the floor screaming, but maybe that was simply a fluke; now what is it you wanted to discuss, I'm quite busy at the moment."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

20. - Top - End - #20

The woman chuckles to herself slightly as if she was in on a joke that Dr. Crane wasn't. "I am here to discuss your employers. To go from a scientist in the employ of the powerful League of Shadows to a small little upstart coven of monsters is something of a step down, wouldn't you think so?"

She walks into the laboratory right up to the mad psychiatrist. She places her hands on his knees and kneels down to look him straight in the eyes. With a slight almost seductive grin she continues her offer. "How would you like to move up in the world? I can offer you twice you current annual salary plus expenses of course to do a little favor for me."

21. - Top - End - #21

Crane eyes the women warily, knowing that any deal would most certainly have strings and problematic employers; The league had abandoned him, The 'Cullens' were insufferable, and this women was most certainly not someone you could put faith in, "Interesting proposition, if I may inquire as to what the job is?" 'And if it's not worth my time than you may have just bought yourself a place as a new test subject.' Crane thought, eyeing the long hand apparatus on the wall.

OOC:I'm going with the costume design of the 'Arkham Asylum game; so he has both the gas and the glove with syringes on the end for pumping a concentrate of the stuff into his victims bodies.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #22

OOC: I don't think regular syringes would be able to pierce Twipire diamond hard skin without super strength help.

She begins playfully stroking Crane's leg as she talks. "Of course, Doctor. I am here to ask you to help me kill the Cullens."

Upon her mention of the Cullen name her smile disapears and her formerly cheerful voice changes into a voice you wouldn't be surprised coming from a particularly irate and strict nun. "If you do not feel up to it I can always go take my offer to the clown. He isn't busy right now."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unwanted attention has been drawn to the fight, after all, someone was bound to hear the gunshots. Dan takes notice and says to the vampire,"Hey Sparkle boy, looks like we have a paying audiance."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Odin's eyes snap open abruptly, and the car door swings open.
    Odin gets to his feet. Odin stares at the god. An animal spirit.
    And as he see's him, the man see's an old man leaning on a staff, a floppy hat shadowing his face and a ragged cloak, a warrior in chainmail brandishing a spear and sword laughing as he slew, and a king, sitting on a throne, chin on hand, as he waited for the end of the world.
    "Right, and I'm sure you're welcome here. This is wolf country, here you're a bottom feeder." Odin says. Reaching into his pocket, he removes a packet of cigarettes, and puts one in his mouth, then taking a strike-anywhere match, he lights it against the car. "Shouldn't I be meeting him or Chief Taha Aki? Or is this some subtle insult I haven't got yet."
    He takes a deep breath, then blows a smoke ring into the air, then, content to have no doubt sufficiently irritated Coyote with his stalling and dismissal raises one paw-like hand. "Here, there is opportunity. I'm sure you've met the things in the town. And no doubt you've met Wolf's children, messy but a good idea. Still, I believe it's ultimately a waste of power, they can't give him enough belief to make the expense necessary." He spat, then made a face. "Look at me, calculating if the rewards outweighs the the expense. I sound like a f*cking corporate executive. But that's the way this country is. Go straight to the supplier, cut out the middle man, and leave us on the sides. Humans all go straight to the source these days, and believe they make it happens themselves."
    Realizing he was rambling, he got straight to the point. "There's a new god rising in this town. That's what I'm here for. Call it a pre-emptive strike, a grab for power, whatever. Stay out of my way."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 09:09 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #25

Harman Smith

The vampire looks over to the forming crowd for a second before cursing and running off in the opposite direction. While he would like to be rid of this interloper he can't afford to be seen using his powers by too many mundanes.

On the far side of the crowd Dan will see an attractive British man and a girl who looks like she was thrown out of a Hot Topic for lack of fashion.

Mr. Wednesday

"Wolf is dead Odin. Went mad years ago and got hit by a semi. These are my children now." Coyote motions towards the native teenager, some of whom seem to radiate minor divine auras themselves as werewolves.

"If you are here about the vampires then take care of them on your own. You have no business on this reservation."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Odin inclined his head. "Shame. He was a crusty old bastard, but he was allright in his way, if a bit mad." Wednesday sighed. "So, is this going to get ugly now? I'm not here for your children, but I feel just fine where I'm standing. So are you going to help me kill the vampires and set your people free, or am I going to go and get Gungnir out of my trunk and we see how much I remember about putting the fear of me in arrogant gods?" He said.
    For a second he held a straight face, then his sneer creased into a smile. Taking a step forward, he slapped Coyote on the shoulder with a pawlike hand. "I'm kidding." He said. "Lighten up. They're my children too, you know." He looked around reflectively. "Any decent place to get a drink around here? I'll shout you a beer, and you can tell me what's going on." He offered, his gruff voice sincerely friendly, seeming genuinely affable.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 09:08 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dan casually reloads his revolver, then walks over to some people in the crowd, giving them a look that dares them to call the police. He clears his throat and asks,"Any of you know where the Cullens live? One of their little brats tried to rob me, I don't take kindly to that. Gonna need to discuss some correctional measures with them."

28. - Top - End - #28

"You know it isn't my style to go charge in spears a drawn, I'll leave the killing to you for now. Drinks on the other hand I can provide." With that he leads his fellow deity to a small rundown bar that smells like vomit and urine and seems to draw those bodily fluids out of it's partrons all too easily.

"I'm afraid it isn't much but it's mostly on the government's tab so no use complaining about it. What are you viking kinds drinking these days anyways?"

A young boy walks up to the assasin. "There is a family by that name on the outskirts of town but there have been moving trucks going to and from there everyday for the last few weeks. I'm not sure they are still there."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-01-03 at 05:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Odin shrugged. "Mead, Whiskey, brandy, Voldka, even lager, anything stronger then beer that isn't wine." He said, making himself comfortable, heedless to the smell, or the damage to his suit. "Nothing to eat, I don't... eat." He sighed. "To think, they live in a mansion six miles away, with more space they can use, and here we are in this cave." Odin said.
    Looking at the old spirit, he drummed his fingers on the tabletop. "I don't suppose you've seen Frigg? She went down this way a few decades ago. Volunteer work or something like that. Eh, belief's hard to come by, whatever it takes."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-03 at 09:07 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dan taps his foot impaitently and asks,"How about something a little more specific, like an address or a general direction."