New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Lynching II: The Sparkling Bogaloo (Game Thread)

"And so your solution to that is to get violent? Very good, typical human. It's a wonder your species has developed so well, it really is. So, anyway!"

The Doctor skipped back, and seemed to regain some of the customary cheerful energy.

"Where is this 'Professor'? I have the tiniest suspicion that he might, in fact, be brilliant. And in fairness, my hunches are usually bang on, if I say it myself. Although, I've knwn someone else who called himself 'Professor'. That didn't end so well. But then, second time's the charm, or so I'm told. Lead on, young lady! Allons-y!"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haraman

"Yes because there is nothing I'd rather do than lead a psychotic assasin to my family." evidently he is not interested in your offer. A shame really. This could have worked out much better.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh well to bad. Say hello to the devil for me, and don't worry, you won't be alone in there too long. Your family will join you soon enough."
    With that he fires the revolver, and instead of a bullet, the demon shell generates what appears to be a miniature sun.
    "Collateral Shot."
    The shell (if it hits) will hit with such a destructive force, that it will scatter his atoms all across the cosmos, leaving no trace that he ever existed.
    (1/3 Demon Shells used)

4. - Top - End - #94

He's fast but not bullet dodging fast. Emmete Cullen the super strong vampire is reduced to subatomic particles and scared into the cosmos.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Seven

With Leah gone, the more mischievous side of the Doctor leaks out. Realizing that she probably thinks of him as insane, the Time Lord enters his TARDIS, takes out a marker and piece of paper, and in large block letters writes COME IN on the page. Sticking said page on to the door of the TARDIS, he sits one of the more comfortable seats, a glass bowl of jelly babies at his side.

Ace

"Gordon Bennett, you are insane. Come on then, Pinstripe. Professor's this way."

Ignoring the jabs on humanity, which filled her with a vague sense of familiarity, she leads Ten into the Museum, and points to the blue box in the corner. "Apparently he's expecting you," she says, gesturing at the sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

"See ya in hell."
    He pulls out the picture of the family, and finds Emenet's face crossed out in blood. Dan stuffs the picture back into his pocket, and heads over to the police station. Or at least he was halfway there, for Coyote was the one who finished the journey.

7. - Top - End - #97

Seven

Leah returns fully dressed. She looks around for a second before coming to the conclusion that she should enter the Tardis to see the weird Doctor she was before.

Harman

Officer Swan looks up at the oddly dressed man. "Can I help you sir?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm in here, Leah. Mind your step." The Doctor is currently occupied by a particularly difficult conundrum: the yellow or the green jelly baby?
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coyote turns to Swan and says,"Indeed you can senor. You see, I have some business to discuss with the Cullen family, unfortunately they apparently moved to Gotham. Their kids were apparently in town, but I couldn't locate them. I've heard there was an officer here with some connections to the family, so I was wondering if I could speak to him."

10. - Top - End - #100

Seven

"Wow this phone booth thing you got here is a lot bigger on the inside than out." she says as she enters the expansive ship.

Harman

"I'm afraid they are part of an ongoing investigation by the NSA and if you have any connection to them I am going to have to ask you to stay here." Officer Swan raises his pistol at Coyote.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Senor, you're trying to keep me here with circumstantial evidence. I suggest you get that pistol out of my face too, I don't like having a gun pointed at me."

12. - Top - End - #102

The word of a God posing as a government agent can do wonders for a mans resolve. Even more so when said deity promised to save the mans daughter provided the man completes some simple yet amoral tasks, like say arresting everyone even remotely connected to a family he already hates.

"Thats not for me to judge. I have my orders." Officer Swan says unflinchingly as he stands up and moves closer to the masked man.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dr.Crane(He's in normal clothes; only a few gas bombs and not his highly outfitted costume) raises his eyebrow up at the large man telling him to stand down and quickly surveys the situation. 'Five cops, one man of unknown power-scale and I only have two gas bombs left on me; there's a larger number in my lab along with my costume, glove, and that scythe....' After he goes through that mental checklist, Dr.Crane smiles and says, "I'm more than willing to submit to your interrogation officers, and my inevitable shift in district."
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

The man nods. "Very well." he says, closing a bearlike hand around Dr Crane's arm and leading him behind the cars. "Don't let anyone interrupt us." He growls at the officer, a sort of authoritative snap. "this is very highly classified."

When they are out of earshot, Wednesday rounds on Crane. "Now, you have just made my life very difficult. So now you're either going to make it up to me, or I won't lift a finger to help you. I take it you work for the Cullen's?"
    It was not a question.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-04 at 11:30 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #105

"Wrong; or right. Maybe both, maybe neither." Dr.Crane says with a hint of a smile; he would have to thank Nigma for that riddle book one day. "Either way for the purpose of this investigation I feel it is best if you assume I work for the Cullens."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr Wednesday sneered at him. "Don't bullshit a bullshitter. You're Jonathan Crane. The Scarecrow. And you're working for a couple of hacks. Tragic. Well, now you're working for me. I'll pay you whatever you want, get you subjects, equipment, whatever. I'll keep you of the radar. And you have an easy job to do for me. You have to help me find your previous employers, who are in your sandbox, Gotham, and kill them. for me You drive my cars, open my doors, and finish it if I die."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-05 at 12:03 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #107

"Gotham? Why bother, those incompetent vampires won't last two minutes; if the near open-warfare doesn't get them, the bat or clown WILL." Dr.Crane responds with an almost condescending smirk, all while trying to figure out WHY the Cullens would go to Gotham. It didn't make sense; they should have known that Gotham was a warzone, and who knew what was going on there, "But, if we must then all I need is in the lab below the building. My equipment and costume are in the basement, and I have no LIVING test-subjects."
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-04 at 11:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr Wednesday smiled. "Well, you're right. Gotham's littered with the bones of opportunist's who tried to muscle in on the psycho's territory. Yakuza, Triads, Mafia, whatever, they don't last long. But then, in Gotham, nobody cares. A man, Robert Irving, dies on the subway, and the train makes it routes three times before anyone notices. And only because he was starting to smell."
    He winks his good eye, letting you go, which is just as well. He was starting to cut off circulation. "Where better to hide? They know someone's after us. But they probably won't suspect it's someone like me for a long time."
    He turns, and begins to walk you back to the waiting officer. "As to equipment, well, the toys you have here will be impounded as evidence. So either leave it, adapt, and move on, or knock-over a single under-manned police station. The rest we can get at the chemists, suppliers, and most public schools. Samples are even easier."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-05 at 12:08 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #109

Dr.Crane shrugs and says, "Easier places to disappear to, but fine, they'll impound all of the important things and we can take them back. Once we get to Gotham I'll organize things to make sure that as many of my....colleagues stay off our backs; maybe get some help from Nygma or Tetch, if they're still out of Arkham. " He quickly eyes up this new man he'll be working with alongside the mysterious lady who hired him. It didn't take a genius to figure out this would get complicated, but then, once he was in Gotham he'd have a 'homefield' advantage, and with the right deals neither would touch him if worst came to worst.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes it is, my dear Leah. I'd explain it, but I don't that your civilization is quite ready for a lecture in six-dimensional physics quite yet. Now please, sit down across from me; I was hoping to discuss this vampire situation. Tea?" The Doctor's tone is more cheerful; it's the effect of the jelly babies. Humanity's greatest achievement, according to his forth incarnation.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-05 at 09:31 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Coyote lets him get just close enough, and lets him blink just once. Then suddenly, Swan is facing a man in a white suit, with a brown shirt, white tie, lucha libre mask, and a purple cape. Mask de Smith stares into the eyes of officer Swan and asks,"I'm sorry officer, is there a problem?"
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-01-05 at 05:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh goody. I do so hate being the unannounced guest." The Doctor began to amble his way towards the TARDIS, gazing around him with great interest at the various exhibits.

"You know, she doesn't look too out of place here," he muttered to himself, as he approached the familier doors. Pushing cautiously on the door, he found that it was unlocked.

Sticking his head inside the TARDIS, the Doctor spied his earlier self in deep conversation with a young girl. Strolling over the threshold, he hurried over to the pair.

"Oh, hello! I do hope I'm not interrupting anything here, but a young....lady...or something, out there told me that in here was where I might find the Professor. I assume that that would be you. I would say it's nice to finally meet you, but that would be to dismiss, oh, several years of history, none of which can be easily forgotten. Fun times, they were. Although, what I was doing mixing that console with this decor, I can't imagine. But then, we all have our quirks. Oooh, jelly babies. You know, I'm less partial to these than I once was, but they're still nice once in a while."

Once again, all of the exitied the Doctor's mouth so fast it came across as more of a stream of conciousness, than a speech of any variety.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

The teacup that Seven was holding dropped to the floor, and the younger Time Lord looked shocked, turning pale, a horrified expression on his face. In the depths of the TARDIS, the Cloister Bell rang, once, twice, three times...

"Stop it, this is hardly an emergency. We've done this sort of thing before." The bell stopped, but the air seemed somewhat annoyed. Bringing himself together, Time's Champion is not going to be surprised by a taller version of himself.

Standing up, Seven looks over at his counterpart with steel blue eyes. The Time Lord does not look pleased.
    "Apparently old age has turned me into a blithering senile teenager. Pinstripes and trainers? I was hoping my future selves would retain my impeccable sense of couture."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-05 at 01:10 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Uh, you know, I'd forgotten I used to be grumpy." The Doctor ran his hands through his hair, leaving it sticking up.

"Blithering? Yeah, pretty much. Can't argue with that, really. And as for the clothes. Weeell, I tried a Victorian thing for a while, but it really didn't go with the ears I subsequently developed. The leather jacket was nice, but with this hair? Can you imagine? I did toy with the scarf. You remember the scarf, surely? But then I remembered that coat that Janis gave me, and so, I really had to find something to go with it. And so here I am. Yeeeah. Probably should have put more thought into first impressions, but there you go."

The Doctor paused for breath, and looked curiously around the TARDIS. As he did so, a manic grin developed on his face.

"So you're...let me see.." The Time Lord began to count on his fingers.

"Time War, check, Titanic, check, Dalek space station, check, Trial, check, shootout, check. Erm. You're Seven, right? Good, good! Very good, I liked being you. Not too sure about the umbrella, though. Oh, and I'd avoid San Francisco for a while. Bad atmosphere, you know."

The Doctor bounded over to himself, and helped himself to a jelly baby.(())

"So, the point. Right. Well. Sharp things. Directions. Locations, no less. But the point we find outselves with is: what are we doing here?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

The Seventh Doctor doesn't blinks at the outpouring of information. "You mention a Time War. If you remember our history lessons at the Academy(or at least the parts where we weren't sneaking off), the last Great Time War was between the Vampire race and the Time Lords. Apparently there is an infestation of vampires in the surrounding area. Unless there's another Time War in our future?" The Doctor's tone at that last sentence is offhand, but Ten knows what that sort of information would do to the future; Seven was infamous for trying to manipulate everything to his advantage. He even helped end Six's incarnation in order to emerge slightly earlier than he would have.

The shorter Doctor took a jelly baby for himself. "I don't suppose you've seen Ace around, have you?"
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-05 at 01:53 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #116

Wednesday and Crane

One of the other officers calls out to them. "We have all the other workers and all their posesions loaded up. Get the psycho in a car already."

Team Doctor

Leah looks at the two men who seem to be addressing themselves as though they were the same person despite looking nothing a like and begins to wonder if something is in the jelly babies and/or tea. Then again this has been a very weird day from start to finish. "So um yeah. There was this coven of vampires who lived here. Although over the last few weeks they have been moving out. My cousin Jacob said they were going to Gotham but he disapeared a few weeks ago so I don't know what else to say."

Harman

The gun doesn't move. Shapeshifting in front of a man who is suspects you are a paranormal criminal is usually not a good course of action."This just proves that you are one of those freaks that took my daughter. So get your hands in the air or I will shoot."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oooh, yeah. Probably shouldn't have mentioned that one. Wibbly-wobbly, and all that. But vampires, you say? Here?"

The Doctor paused. "But that's not right. There aren't supposed to be vampires in 20th Century America! Who's clever idea was this? Some human, I suppose. You know, that's the thing about humanity. They always think they know best. And speaking of which, no, I haven't seen Ace. You might want to keep a closer eye on that one. She'll get you into trouble one of these days."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

"You know as well as I do that she hasn't had anybody on her side in a long time. If I help her, if she survives and grows into the person she should be, then I know that I've done right. We both know that we've done regrettable things, Doctor. Ace is not one of them."

"Why Professor, I think that's the nicest thing you've said about me." Leaning against the TARDIS interior doors is the companion herself. "Sorry about our first meeting, Leah. I'm Ace." Walking up to Ten, she casually salutes him. "Sorry for shouting at you Professor. Can I still call you Pinstripe, since I've already got a Professor?"
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-05 at 02:24 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Regrettable things indeed. It doesn't get better, Doctor. You should know that by now. But you're right, I suppose. Ace, pleased to remake your acquaintance." The Time Lord returns the salute, casually. "And I don't suppose you could just call me 'Doctor'? Then you'll have the Doctor and the Professor, and it'll be less confusing. Mainly for me. I get a bit senile in the old age, you know." The Doctor made a 'loopy' motion with his hand, his grin widening.

His gaze flits from Ace, to the Professor, and lands at last on Leah.

"Hello! I'm the Doctor. And so's he. Sort of. It's all a bit confusing. I mean, even I don't understand it half the time, and not to brag, or anything, but I'm brilliant. So, you said something about vampires? Why don't I help myself to a cup of tea, and you tell both of me what's going on." The Doctor threw himself into a chair, and put his feet up, with another cheeky grin.

((I foresee fun with pronouns.))

30. - Top - End - #120

Leah looks around only getting more confused by the second. "Well the vampires hardly matter now. They've all left town."