New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Shadow Conjuration - Mount

Is it possible to use shadow conjuration to mimic the mount spell for your party? Can the party opt to fail their saves to automatically "believe" that this oddly shadowy horse is rideable? Or, since they're shadow creatures, they are still real, save or not, just have limited damage/ hit dice?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Shadow Conjuration - Mount

pretty confident you can ride them normally, they will just have 1/5th hp against attacking enemies who fail their saves.

Don't know why you are mimicing mount though. You can mimic phantom steed instead, its faster.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

I think I was concerned with duration. Of course, going faster + flight for a limited duration would have obvious benefits. The main concern is obviously whether or not the mounts are rideable. I've been trying to get illusion spells down to help my friend dm better, mainly the different categories of illusions and what they can and can't do, so any help is appreciated.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Think I just had a "DUH!" *smack head* moment. Since shadow creatures are real, I wouldn't even really need to know mount OR phantom steed, unless I want the creatures to be more durable.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NBoomer View Post
    Think I just had a "DUH!" *smack head* moment. Since shadow creatures are real, I wouldn't even really need to know mount OR phantom steed, unless I want the creatures to be more durable.
    This is true - if you can summon something you can ride... you can ride it.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."