New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion|Revolution: A Webcomic

Hm, I guess the reason I didn't like it was that the following panels were dark on the edges. (the car frame)
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Hm, I guess the reason I didn't like it was that the following panels were dark on the edges. (the car frame)
    Huh, I'll try to fix that next time I need to do a shot like that (Hopefully, never)

Also, Comic!
    Current Comic: Would you like to phone a friend?
    Spoiler
    Show

So yeah, now I sleep. Yaaay College.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #213

Not bad, moving the story along nicely, keep up the good work.

And now I sleep, after reading your comic. Yay college.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Rebellion|Revolution: A Webcomic

The plot thickens.

...And then you add a hint of drama and stir it until the appeal is just right and you will have a delicious plot to serve at LAN-parties and forums
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Soo.... Thursday has come and gone with no comic.

Funny Story, I spent today fighting through the first big college cold of the semester (College colds are worse than normal ones) and, oddly enough, writing an essay about the French Revolution.

While for ultimate Irony (Or not, I don't think Irony is the proper word in this context) I should have been unable to do my comic about people breaking into a government run prison because I had to write about the storming of the Bastille instead of comparing and contrasting documents. The documents WERE written about the time the Bastille was stormed though.

But yeah, no comic today. Comic WILL happen by monday (I've gotten part of it done), hopefully double update, sorry about it, I'm a terrible person.

I'm going to go blow my nose for the hundredth time.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-09-16 at 11:20 PM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #216

You'll only a terrible person if you don't say what's going on. Don't worry so much.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

No worries BRC, we are a patient lot

You're not a horrible person for getting a cold and writing an essay, the mad science students that make college colds worse are probably, though
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Daww. thanks guys.
    Essay Written (Sprinted to the teachers office with two minutes to spare). Cold Defeated (I barely had to blow my nose all evening!)
    Script written!
    Layout problems in script fixed Ignored! (I hope the implication that she opens the crate got through, there are some things I hope to change though, layout/ stuff that bugs me wise).
    Comic Made!
    Current Comic: Schroedinger's Cop
    Spoiler
    Show

Still to do
    Bask in Glory!
    Chart out rest of life
    ???
    Profit.
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #219

*sets up a glory lamp*

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I feel sad for the cop-in-a-box

Hope they free them all and run them out as their escape method

Or some other way to save them
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Daww, thanks guys.
    You can't quite make it out in the comic, but what he's saying is: My name is constable Patrick Schwinn, ID number 6378049, division 7, I was operating within the confines of my duty as an officer of the domestic security forces.
    Also, believe it or not, you have met this particular officer before.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-09-20 at 09:39 AM.
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Alright, so it's technically tuesday, but let's pretend I'm on the west coast, because otherwise I would have to wait until Thursday, and that would be terrible.
    Time's Up
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by BRC; 2010-09-27 at 11:44 PM.
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I think you repeated some text there in panel one and four but otherwise it's a nice (if scary) page
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I think you repeated some text there in panel one and four but otherwise it's a nice (if scary) page
    So I did, man that's embarrassing. I've fixed it.
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #225

I suppose they're police people are not going to have assault weapons.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So you may have noticed a lack of update yesterday. Sorry about that, will try for thursday.
    [/Center]

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm not dead, just at college!
    Sorry, Here, have a comic.

Current Comic:Tick Tick Tick
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, a mid-sentence cliffhanger, I know, I'm a terrible person. I'll try to update Thursday to break the suspense.
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #228

T=0, countdown timer for something?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

It is "Tick Tick Tick." I'm guessing the next comic has a "BOOM!"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

my guess is that either someone rigged a bomb or T=0 is when someone finds out something.

Theories: Division 8 has a built-in bomb for the place, and when the explosion goes off, it will kill all the prisoners and some cops. The Directorate will then blame the explosion on the rebels, claiming that they care little for their own.

2) Division 8 knew they were coming and rigged the only man in the place, or at least the man who would be the easiest to find, with a bomb and it will go off, killing the officer and possibly maria's friend or the man in shades. This is an extreme and out there theory in my opinion though, and will give maria reason to be a lot more suspicious.

3) T=0 (actually, I'm getting tired of that equation, its all over my math) is when the police find an incriminating piece of evidence, for or against the directory. personally, I think it will be for. BRC is trying to make this grey vs. grey, not black vs. grey (as far as I can tell).

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

May I just chime in to say I just finished reading all the comic in one session and I like it a lot?

Nothing more insightful than that, I'm afraid, at the moment (I haven't read through the thread and anyhow usually the insight comes with the second reading, so please bear with me ).

I just felt the need to say it. Great comic, sir. Kudos.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    May I just chime in to say I just finished reading all the comic in one session and I like it a lot?

Nothing more insightful than that, I'm afraid, at the moment (I haven't read through the thread and anyhow usually the insight comes with the second reading, so please bear with me ).

I just felt the need to say it. Great comic, sir. Kudos.
    Thanks, it's comments like that that mean alot to me.

I meant to update today, but Theater happened. I'm running crew for a production of Death of a Salesman. Technically Tech Week doesn't start until Sunday (For the ten hour tech run...wheeeeeee) but they needed me to be there at the rehearsal today, which meant the time I had budgeted to work on the comic went away.

Also, next week I have two midterms, plus the tech stuff.

I feel horrible leaving you on a Cliffhanger like this, so I'm going to get to work on the comic now. Depending, I may break my update schedule and just post the comic when I get done with it.
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

AND COMIC! Thank you for your patience. Hopefully, this makes up for it.
    Current Comic:We'll Meet Again
    Spoiler
    Show

Fun Fact, It's hard to draw people punching in the OoTS style without making it look like they're just flailing with one arm.

If you don't get the title, then you need to watch the movie Doctor Strangelove (Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb), specifically the end credits.
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erictheredd View Post
    my guess is that either someone rigged a bomb or T=0 is when someone finds out something.

Theories: Division 8 has a built-in bomb for the place, and when the explosion goes off, it will kill all the prisoners and some cops. The Directorate will then blame the explosion on the rebels, claiming that they care little for their own.
    and theory #1 of 3 gains evidence!!

giving the rebels more gray, but at the same time, it starts to seperate the directorate from the "deefers".

I love Mr. Arcana's response. James does not like being kept in the dark at all. Also, I'm not sure who mentioned the line about the bomb threat, I think its Mr. A, but it could be James or a random cop. I like it best if it is Mr. A saying it though--- prompting James to hit him--- and I'm pretty sure that the div. 8 is behind this

25. - Top - End - #235

I'm going to guess that Div 8 knew that this was a tempting target and had rigged a bomb just in case.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it just me or are you dropping hints that claud is the general who led that one revolution, or at the very least a part of that revolution?
    Last edited by blackjack217; 2010-10-30 at 07:03 PM.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, reality intervened to prevent me from making a comic last week.

(Sorry about that, I had the image and couldn't resist.)
    Aaanyway. Here's this weeks.Current Comic:OBJECTION!
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, is it just me, or have my comics been getting increasingly larger?
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-11-01 at 12:51 AM.
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #238

Not that much bigger recently, but bigger than you started.

Hmmm... not a bad scene change.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Bugbear in the Playground

And just when the morality seemed to be firming up you throw everything into doubt once again. Still prefer the rebels though, but that's because for me secret police =

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

I really like the way this one ended. Nice transition there.