New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default ToB and Incarnium Gestalt

I am thinking on making a gestalt character using Incarnium and ToB but I am not sure on what would be the best combination

My first idea was a swordsage/ bloodclaw master// Totemist.
    I think it would be flavorful and maybe useful, you can get some cool things with the totemist souldmeld but I am not sure.
    Besides IIRC there's a manouber (Girallon Windmil Rip) that increases damage scaling (sp?) with the number of Attacks, and totemists can get many attacks.

The other thing it ocurred to me was Swordsage// incarnate but I am not sure

My question basically is if it would be useful to gestalt this classes?
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ToB and Incarnium Gestalt

Incarnum is good for lots of passive boosts and a lot of versatility. You'll be somewhat more powerful than a single-classed ToB character, and since ToB is up there as it is that should be fine.

On the other hand, you're still just a melee character. YMMV.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It is a good combination and has a lot of potential for some very good flavor/roleplaying. The only problem i can see is that to truly benefit from the totemists many attacks is to full attack which if you want to use maneuvers you cant really do. The one exception i can think of you already mentioned. But at early levels this isnt a problem at all really as you can only make one attack a round.
    Last edited by evil-frosty; 2010-01-05 at 11:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

The totemist I thougt for some passibe buffs or special movements such as flying (pegasus cloak manticore belt) or other special things.

what I am really interested is on incarnates, I have never played them but I am curiuos about them. I am not sure but they get different soulmelds based on their aligment right?
    Just call me Dusk

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Well, as for the maneuver thing, just use mainly boost and counters, plus the sprinkling of maneuvers that can be used in a full attack.

Incarnates do get slightly different abilities based on Alignment: Evil boosts damage, Lawful boosts Melee Attack Bonus, Good boosts AC, and Chaoitic boosts Ranged Attack Bonus. Also, one aspect of your alignment must be neutral. They also get some really nice abilities through other melds.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

So I guess that for a Swordsage the best incarnium gestalt would be a lawful incarnate? I think it can off set the lower BAB.. and a an evil warblade//incarnate would get the most damage-wise
    Just call me Dusk