New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Default Invasion of the Zombies: Day of the Dead (GAME ON! FIRST POST ON PAGE 2)

Clearview, Ohio
    1 Month After Z-Day
    The once lively town of Clearview has been reduced to a ghost town. Nearly all the people have left the town for safer ground. None survived the trip. Those left behind did not fare much better. The last few survivors have holed up in the Clearview Mall, the last safe place in the city. Who knows how long it will stand…

Rules:

Each Day Phase, as well as pointing, every player may also either FORTIFY the barricades by writing ‘fortify’ in bold green, or SCAVENGE for supplies by writing ‘scavenge’ in bold blue.

Fortifying:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Survivor spends the day shoring up the barricades in an attempt to stave off the zombie hordes that attack each night.
    If you choose to fortify the barricades, you add +1 to the total capacity of the barricades for the day and may stay within the safety of the fortification for that night. Staying in the barricades provides significant, but not total, protection from zombie attacks, but not from night kills or any other night action. The barricade behaves like armor: the zombies are just as likely to attack people in the barricade as people outside, but those in the barricades are much more likely to survive. If there are more players in the fortification than the capacity, players will be picked at random to be kicked out of the barricade until numbers in the barricade are equal to the capacity for that day. Spots in the barricade may be given to others by PM to the narrators; this can be an anonymous action. Each night, the zombies will tear down the barricades, and fortification begins anew the next day.

Scavenging:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Survivor spends the day rummaging through the mall, looting whatever they can find. Each day, scavengers can choose to look in one of six specific locations:
    Security Office: The headquarters of mall security. Contains a variety of security equipment, as well as a handful of confiscated items of questionable legality.
    Clearview Hospital: A small hospital adjacent to Clearview Mall. Contains a large array of medical supplies.
    Brooks Sporting Goods: A locally owned sporting goods store. Contains plenty of items suitable for impromptu melee weapons, as well as an array of camping and outdoor supplies.
    Shelley Hardware: A run-down old hardware store. Contains a variety of building materials and tools.
    Cranberries Electronics: A popular electronics chain. Contains all of the newest gadgets, including cameras and recording devices.
    Romero’s: A quiet pub near the mall’s food court. Contains a diverse supply of useful items.

At the end of the day, all discovered items will be delivered privately via PM. Each survivor can carry only 3 items.

The game will start with a set number of zombies, dependant on player number. Each night phase, the zombies will assault the barricades, trying to reach the juicy living meat cowering within. Any poor souls unlucky enough to find themselves outside the barricades will also be at risk from the undead horde as it hungers for flesh. Victims of zombie attacks are decided randomly, and survivor will be attacked by more than one zombie per night, even if the zombies outnumber the survivors. Various items will help or hinder defense against a zombie attack, as specified in their description.

Infection:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are two possible stages of infection before a human succumbs and will eventually stalk the land as the undead. At the start of the game, any player can be infected with either stage. During the game any player can become infected if attacked by a zombie.

Dormant infection: This kind of infection is caused by small amounts of blood or saliva from a zombie getting into a human’s bloodstream via a small cut or graze. It is almost impossible to tell when you get infected in this way, so those infected will not be informed of their infection.

The result of this infection is that when the infected human dies, of any cause of death, they will soon rise from the grave and come back as a zombie, this includes death by vigilante or lynching.

Malignant infection: This infection is caused by a massive influx of the zombie virus into a human’s system, normally caused by a zombie bite. It is hard to miss this kind infection, so the infected player will be informed of their infection.

This form of infection can be fatal if not treated quickly. If the infected player does not get cured of their infection within three full game days of their infection they will succumb and quickly return as the living dead. If killed at any point in those three day by other means that the infection the player will still rise from the grave adding one zombie to the number assaulting the barricade.

Zombification: Once a player is zombified, they are no longer in control, and will mindlessly stalk the mall and attack survivors. There are three ways a survivor may become a zombie:

1: Any survivor killed by a zombie during the night phase will immediately be reanimated as a zombie.
    2: Any survivor that’s lynched or killed while suffering from a dormant infection will immediately be reanimated as a zombie.
    3: Any survivor who succumbs to a malignant infection will immediately be reanimated as a zombie.

Escaping Clearview Mall:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This time around, winning the game isn’t as easy as just surviving. Clearview Mall is a good temporary hideout, but its potential for long-term survival is… low.

When the survivors believe they have eradicated the Death Cult, they may, instead of voting for a lynch, vote to use a military radio to call for an evac team, by writing 'call for evac' in bold orange. At the end of the subsequent night phase, a helicopter will arrive. If there are no more Cultists, the remaining survivors will be evacuated. If even one Cultist remains, the helicopter will be sabotaged, and the two members of the evac crew will be added to the zombie horde.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Survivors:

Spoiler
    Show
    Survivors – just a regular Joe (or Jane) caught up in the end of the world, trying to stay alive.

Day actions: Survivors may vote for a lynch or to call for evac. They may also either fortify the barricades or search for supplies.

Objective: Destroy the death cult and escape Clearview Mall.

The Idiot – Idiots think they’re doing the right thing, but they are invariably not. Idiots are given the Survivor PM.

Actions and winning conditions as civilians with the following additions:
    Idiots are bad at pretty much whatever they do. If an Idiot fortifies, there is no increase to the capacity of the barricade.

Teenage Lovers – These two are madly in love with each other, a mere moment apart seems like eternity. If one lover dies, the other will follow them to the afterlife (or undeath), taking one of those responsible with them.

If both lovers work on the barricades, a total of 3 spaces are created for that night. Lovers only take up one barricade space. If both lovers scavenge, they will find a total of 3 items. The lovers share a joint inventory with six item slots.
    When one lover is killed, the second lover will sacrifice himself to kill his lover’s murderer. If the lover was lynched, the last person to join the lynch will be killed.

Doctor – A physician employed at Clearview Hospital. More used to broken bones and concussions than the living dead, but still a fine man to have around when people start getting infected.

The Doctor may pm the narrators with the name of one player (other than themselves) they wish to heal at any point during the day phase. At the end of the day phase said player will be completely cured of any level of virus infection so long as both the Doctor and patient are still alive.

The Cult:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cultist – Cultists are those brainwashed into believing that death at the hands of a zombie is both glorious and wonderful. These deluded individuals will stop at nothing to make everyone share the joy of undeath.

Actions as civilians with the following additions:
    Instead of fortifying the barricades Cultists can sabotage them. If a Cultist fortifies the barricades, instead of adding one space to the capacity of the barricade, one space is taken away.

The Cult has the ability to convert other survivors to join their cause. Converted players lose all previous role based abilities, but retain items. This ability will work on any role in the game, even the lovers. If one of the lovers is inducted and is subsequently killed the non-cultist lover will still take revenge and kill themselves. If the non-cultist lover dies, the cultist lover will not avenge them or kill themselves. All the other lover abilities will stop working for both lovers (as they require both lovers to act together).
    Only a maximum of three cultists may be recruited in total.

Objective: Kill or convert every survivor in Clearview Mall.

This is not a complete list. There are plenty of other interesting individuals in Clearview Mall.

Final notes:
    Please do not exchange role PMs, as this removes an important aspect of the game. Feel free to claim whatever role you like, though.

Roleplaying is encouraged, but the setting of this game is the real world (+zombies), so please refrain from roleplaying anything in anyway magical or non-human. RP characters from previous iterations of Invasion of the Zombies are discouraged.

If there’s anything you’d like me to clarify, please say. If you have any suggestion, please voice those too.

Survivors
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Aemoh
    Banthesun
    Billtodamax
    The Bookworm
    The Bushranger
    Calar
    Crown of Thorns
    Deathslayer7
    Elder Tsofu
    Eldritch Knight
    EleventhHour
    Fleeing Coward
    Foahra
    Lamech
    Lex-kat
    Lostlittlebear
    Mr. White
    Murska
    Oddity
    Paul Muad'dib
    Phase
    Robert Blackletter
    Sanity702
    Sir Stixalot
    Smellie Hippie
    Someonenonotyou
    Szilard
    TehSheen
    Uncle Festy[/table]

Zombies
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Major H.P. "Happy" Turtle
    James Magtok
    "Cobra" Ikari
    Someonenonotyou
    Aemoh
    TehSheen
    Sir Stixalot
    Murska
    Deathslayer7
    Szilard
    Ben
    Barbra
    Oddity
    Mr. White[/table]
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2010-03-19 at 12:53 AM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Invasion of the Zombies: Day of the Dead

As the local zombie I believe that I shall be one of the first to say in.
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

In, says I.

Also...

Please do not exchange role PMs, as this removes an important aspect of the game. Feel free to claim whatever role you like, though.
    If you believe that will be a problem, probably best to post the Role PMs themselves in the game thread. Seemed to work wonders in the past for those that did so.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I'll join.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I was in the last one, why not this one too?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

All right, I'm in.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Pick me, pick me. I swear I won't try to backstab my team this time.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

sure why not?
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

9. - Top - End - #9

Count me in. Maybe I won't die an untimely death this time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

In too, maybe I'll win this time.

*holds fingers together* This close...
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

this looks quite interesting so...

In

I'll have to brush up on my zombie knowledge.
    Awesome Delirium-avatar by Recaiden
    Looking for friendly contact with an evil outsider in the fanclub

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aemoh View Post
    If you believe that will be a problem, probably best to post the Role PMs themselves in the game thread. Seemed to work wonders in the past for those that did so.
    Because then the secret roles won't be secret.

@Fleeing Coward: No, no. You probably will.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooh! Ooh! I'm in!

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Lemme join! Lemme join

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

inininininininininiinininininin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

I am IN before this fills up too quickly!
    The most awesome avatar ever by the amazing Dashwood!
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles!
    Pokemon Trainer:1
    Wolf:2
    Horde Seer:1
    Mason:5
    Fool:1
    Villager:5
    Total Games:15

17. - Top - End - #17

Hells yes!
    In.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

IN! I loved watching the last one.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Szilard is in.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fun.

Got Brains?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

More than in!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm definitely in.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

You cant stop ME!!
    In
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Not to be impatient but ... When will this start?
    Awesome Delirium-avatar by Recaiden
    Looking for friendly contact with an evil outsider in the fanclub

25. - Top - End - #25

Imp

The 18th. Hopefully we'll get a few more people in before then.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

26. - Top - End - #26

I'll play.

Quick question... can the cultists repeatedly call for the evac and thus sabotage the efforts and increase the zombie horde?
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    I'll play.

Quick question... can the cultists repeatedly call for the evac and thus sabotage the efforts and increase the zombie horde?
    It's got to win the lynch vote of course, but I would say yes. Final word is from Fawkes of course.

28. - Top - End - #28

*sneaks into the joining queue*

>.>
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I'll join too - my games are running low and this looked interesting in the several tests.

30. - Top - End - #30

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    If the cultists control the lynch, I'd say you have much bigger problems to worry about.
    Show
    Then don't look close.