New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [ToB] Shadowstalker (stealth-focused prc)

Shadowstalker
    If you can see him, he wants you to. If you can't, you may be about to die.

A shadowstalker is one who focuses obsessively on the shadow hand school and the principles of stealth it espouses. By focussing so narrowly, he gains many supernatural powers of shadow that dilletants miss.

Prerequisites: Hide 8 ranks, Move Silently 8 ranks, 2 shadow hand strikes and 1 shadow hand stance, all 2rd level or higher.

HP: d8
    Skills: 6+int
    Class Skills: Bluff, Climb, Disable Device, Disguise, Hide, Jump, Knowledge(local), Knowledge(nature), Listen, Martial Lore, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble
    Martial Pathes: Shadow Hand

BAB Ref Fort Will Maneuvers Known Stances Maneuvers Readied Special Abilities
    0 2 0 0 1 0 0 darkvision, slippery skin
    1 3 0 0 0 0 0 nondetection
    2 3 1 1 1 0 0 glamer 1
    3 4 1 1 0 1 0 darkstalker
    3 4 1 1 1 0 1 glamer 2
    4 5 2 2 0 0 0 nonscrying
    5 5 2 2 1 0 0 glamer 3
    6 6 2 2 0 1 0 hide in plain sight
    6 6 3 3 1 0 0 glamer 4
    7 7 3 3 0 0 1 nondivination

Darkvision (ex): By long experience, you are at home in the dark. Gain darkvision to 30 feet. If you already have darkvision, extend it by 30 feet.

Slippery Skin (su): You coat yourself in an invisible, infinitely thin layer of slippery shadowstuff, which prevents anything from sticking to you. This has many benefits. You are immune to glitterdust and similar effects. You treat webs as nets. You gain a +10 circumstance bonus to escape artist checks and grapple checks to escape grapple (this does not stack with the grease spell). You may suppress this ability at will.

Nondetection (su): By keeping part of your essence between this plane and the plane of shadow, you and your equipment become resistant to magical detection. You gain the benefits of a nondetection spell at all times. Overcoming this requires a caster check with a DC 20 + your initiator level.

Darkstalker (ex): You gain darkstalker as a bonus feat. If you already have the darkstalker feat, you gain any bonus feat you qualify for.

Nonscrying (su): Your nondetection effect extends to all spells with the scrying descriptor, but with a DC of 15 + your initiator level.

Hide in Plain Sight (su): You may use the Hide skill even while being observed. As long as you are within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, you can hide in the open without anything to actually hide behind. You cannot, however, hide in your own shadow.

Nondivination (su): Your nondetection effect extends to all remaining divination spells, with a DC of 10 + your initiator level.

Glamer (sla): Select an illusion(glamer) spell from the sor/wiz list of level 1 or lower. Gain it as a spell-like ability 3/day. At 4th level, gain a second such spell like ability of level 2 or lower, and so on. When you gain a new glamer, you may change one previous glamer (the original level restriction still applies), but otherwise the choice is fixed.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-06-03 at 10:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [ToB] Shadowstalker (stealth-focused prc)

Where's turn divination? Just from the name...I can tell I don't want to see it unless it's not an ability that blocks all divinations.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    Where's turn divination?
    Oops, that's what I renamed "nondivination" at the last minute but forget to change in the table. Fixed.

4. - Top - End - #4

It recently occurred to me that the DCs don't increase after you finish the class. That's a problem. Let's base them on initiator level instead. It should come out the same in most cases.