New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Riyoukaze's Art

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Riyoukaze's Art

Well, I don't know how long this will last or if I'll ever remember to update it, but I'm in a not-so-shy-about-my-work mood tonight so I'm deciding to post some of what I consider to be my best pictures.

I use Paint Shop Pro 5 (I know, I'm ancient) for all of them. I've been experimenting a lot with style lately so it's not going to be very consistent...

Also, my scanner is broken so if I do actually remember to update this then it might be awhile. I'm relying on my boyfriend for scans.

My boyfriend requested his drow sorcerer, Draco, shortly before Christmas. I just finished it last night and I think I like the way my style is leaning. His hands are very odd, though... I need practise :
    Spoiler
    Show

My character and my boyfriend's character, both drow sorcerers (my Khaz is an ice mage, his Draco focuses on fire). No, Draco isn't Drizzt... Back when we started playing D&D, he thought that all drow had purple eyes because he had only read the Drizzt series and he didn't pay much attention to detail or realize why they highlighted the "omg he has purple eyes" so much in the books. I hadn't realized that he changed the colour to the orange in the picture above.
    Spoiler
    Show

Creature creation! My brother (IlexGarodan) is going to help me stat the 'little' guy out sometime. I use them in my homebrew.
    Spoiler
    Show

My enchantress and my DM's mystic/cleric/whatever. A little character romance never hurts anybody... As long as you don't screw it up
    Spoiler
    Show

This was done over a year ago, but I'm still pretty proud of it. I've gotten better at anatomy since then, it's just the feel of it that I like.
    Spoiler
    Show

Most of my art is on deviantArt; these are just my favourites. My dA is http://onthetown.deviantart.com
    Last edited by onthetown; 2010-01-06 at 04:59 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Riyoukaze's Art

Very nice. I like drows too. Lets be friends.
    And, no, a little romance never hurt anyone. Glad to see someone else with a bit of a fluff obsession ^.^

Has a NEW new art thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    "Rule 1: If it doesn't have obvious boobies, it's male."
    - "A Guide to Kara" by Nameless.

3. - Top - End - #3

I'd rather roleplay than roll-play, but I try to keep it balanced during D&D. Leads to some interesting scenarios...
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

4. - Top - End - #4

Indeed. I've never heard it put quite that way before.... "Roll-play" versus "Roleplay" I like it. You're cool.

Yes, I have a tendecy to do that as well. Once played two characters in the same campaign and did what came to be known as 'roleplaying with myself.' Many jokes ensued.

Has a NEW new art thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    "Rule 1: If it doesn't have obvious boobies, it's male."
    - "A Guide to Kara" by Nameless.

5. - Top - End - #5

I agree with Kara. Nice work you have there. Sadly, I don't have a "Draco Approves" sticker to place here. Note to self: Have someone make me a "Draco Approves" sticker.

I rather like the last picture as well. Can't really explain why; it's just nice to look at.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

6. - Top - End - #6

Draco I shall do this. Expect a sticker soon!

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Kuro View Post
    Indeed. I've never heard it put quite that way before.... "Roll-play" versus "Roleplay" I like it. You're cool.

Yes, I have a tendecy to do that as well. Once played two characters in the same campaign and did what came to be known as 'roleplaying with myself.' Many jokes ensued.
    It seems my DM coined the phrase... IlexGarodan's the one who's cool.

I'm in a campaign with only myself and the DM playing, so we usually have 5 - 8 characters drawn up for the campaign. About 3 are active at any given time... He does the 'roleplaying with himself' more than I do, but it's hilarious to phrase it that way.

Edit: Thanks guys. Was in class so I only had time to quickly respond to Kara, but thanks so much ^^
    Last edited by onthetown; 2010-01-07 at 09:34 AM.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown