New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [3.5] Daring warrior feat question.

Daring Warrior
    Pre-reqs
    Grace +1
    Weapon Specialization

Add your Fighter and Swashbuckler levels together to determine the size of your Grace class feature bonus
    –and– your Fighter level for determining which Fighter only feats you qualify for.

I've been using heroforge.xls to put most of my characters together for the past year or so. I've been playing a Swash/fighter generated with it for a while.

It gave me a substantial number of feats so I never questioned it and I was under the opinion that the above feat (daring warrior) actually provided you with the bonus feats of a fighter.

Recently at a session this came up and I looked the feat up.

I know it's obvious by reading the feat that it doesn't provide bonus feats. I'd like to just double check if that's correct. So one of you giants help me out! which is right?

(I suppose this serves me right for lazily generating characters)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Daring warrior feat question.

You are correct, it doesn't give you any bonus feats. It merely increases your fighter level for prerequisite qualification
    At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of the trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise.
    -Camus, An Absurd Reasoning

Fourth Doctor avatar courtesy of Szilard

3. - Top - End - #3
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

The feat allows you to count Swashbuckler levels as Fighter levels towards satisfying the prerequisites of feats like Greater Weapon Specialization and Weapon Supremacy. It does not give you bonus feats for Swashbuckler levels.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Much appreciated! [/thread]