New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Our Comic Lab in the Playground: An experimentation class

Alright then. Just posted on the Nexus OOC that we're making a Nexus Webcomic.
    Alright, so does anyone have ideas on how the first strip will go? Should we have an intrudctory one explaining the Nexus?
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Alright then. Just posted on the Nexus OOC that we're making a Nexus Webcomic.
    Alright, so does anyone have ideas on how the first strip will go? Should we have an intrudctory one explaining the Nexus?
    I think that is pretty much what the first one will be about... Gimme a couple of minutes.
    It's BACK!

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. It should explain the Nexus, kind of like how I did earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys, we have to put the orginization AMEN in it. We've just been requested on the Nexus OOC thread to do so
    AMEN is apparently the most evil group in the whole Nexus.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2010-09-27 at 10:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #785

Guys, we have to put the orginization AMEN in it. We've just been requested on the Nexus OOC thread to do so
    AMEN is apparently the most evil group in the whole Nexus.
    Almost done...

You should tell them all to come over here. We are taking suggestions and information from the players would be mostly appreciated.
    It's BACK!

6. - Top - End - #786

Hello there, you want info on AMEN and the nexus correct?

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

That'd be great! We also found 3 users willing to have their characters appear in the comic as evil, AMEN members.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788

We want all information we can get our hands on...

By the way... Maxios you should make a list (with information please... faction... bio... whatever) of players that want their characters to make a guest appearance. I think we can handle guest appearances.

Meanwhile:

It's BACK!

9. - Top - End - #789

Nice comic.

Well, to help out, here's a brief history of AMEN, written by one of its best and oldest members, Lord Magtok.

A BRIEF HISTORY by the esteemed Lord Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the darkest pits of despair there lived a fearsome being, one made of pure malevolence, hatred, and madness. He had an equally dark and loathsome plan for our world, the formation of an organization to be known as Evil Incorporated, destined to spread his unhallowed name throughout the world, so that all might come to know and fear the one named Psyke_D.

Fortunately for the rest of us, there's already a webcomic called Evil Inc. When this was pointed out by yours truly, the members of this fledgling new organization went into a frenzy. What good could an evil organization be without a suitably original, stylish, and menacing name? All sorts of suggestions were produced, everything from Vilecom (painfully bland) to Fullbladder's Fabulous Funky Foursome (Totally incorrect, as there was at least six of us by then).

Finally, someone (and by someone I mean me) offered a suggestion even better than Evil Inc, the "Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious". Everyone immediately realized that this was by far the best name they'd ever heard of, and after a chorus of "AMEN, brother"s and nibbling on some pixies, the Association had officially begun.

Years went by after that. In-jokes were formed, members came and went, and dictators were ousted and replaced with new dictators more swiftly than Central America during the Cold War on steroids. It was a glorious time, full of wars with EVIL, The Town, France, and HALO. (All ending in AMEN victories, aside from the last one, which was more of a cease-fire stalemate thingy)

Lives were lost, promptly restored, and then lost again. Love blossomed between various Associates, dark feuds between others, and every manner of nonsense imaginable, but that chaotic energy, that "Burn it all and let the gods sort it out" attitude always came before anything else.

Sadly, these days were destined to end eventually. AMEN just couldn't keep up with HALO, GLoG, and the rest of the world, and xenophobically shut its doors upon the rest of the world. A Dark Age ensued, full of newbs posting inane nonsense and old members complaining about the newbs instead of trying to better their situation, until eventually, not even the newbs were posting anymore.

Then came hope. Most called him crazy (and they were right), others called him ridiculously optimistic, and some say he's a big smelly dragon who doesn't bathe anywhere near as much as he should (Or maybe only I say that), but everyone else called him Gordon, the new leader of AMEN. Realizing that this xenophobic age had to end, he led AMEN out of the darkness, and brought about a new age of darkness, gave us a world where AMEN is once again a serious threat. For that, we owe him our thanks. I'm still gonna stab him in the back the first chance I get, though.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

The Digest may be of interest to you. It's the closest thing we have to a history book on the whole place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #791

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Nice comic.

Well, to help out, here's a brief history of AMEN, written by one of its best and oldest members, Lord Magtok.

A BRIEF HISTORY by the esteemed Lord Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the darkest pits of despair there lived a fearsome being, one made of pure malevolence, hatred, and madness. He had an equally dark and loathsome plan for our world, the formation of an organization to be known as Evil Incorporated, destined to spread his unhallowed name throughout the world, so that all might come to know and fear the one named Psyke_D.

Fortunately for the rest of us, there's already a webcomic called Evil Inc. When this was pointed out by yours truly, the members of this fledgling new organization went into a frenzy. What good could an evil organization be without a suitably original, stylish, and menacing name? All sorts of suggestions were produced, everything from Vilecom (painfully bland) to Fullbladder's Fabulous Funky Foursome (Totally incorrect, as there was at least six of us by then).

Finally, someone (and by someone I mean me) offered a suggestion even better than Evil Inc, the "Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious". Everyone immediately realized that this was by far the best name they'd ever heard of, and after a chorus of "AMEN, brother"s and nibbling on some pixies, the Association had officially begun.

Years went by after that. In-jokes were formed, members came and went, and dictators were ousted and replaced with new dictators more swiftly than Central America during the Cold War on steroids. It was a glorious time, full of wars with EVIL, The Town, France, and HALO. (All ending in AMEN victories, aside from the last one, which was more of a cease-fire stalemate thingy)

Lives were lost, promptly restored, and then lost again. Love blossomed between various Associates, dark feuds between others, and every manner of nonsense imaginable, but that chaotic energy, that "Burn it all and let the gods sort it out" attitude always came before anything else.

Sadly, these days were destined to end eventually. AMEN just couldn't keep up with HALO, GLoG, and the rest of the world, and xenophobically shut its doors upon the rest of the world. A Dark Age ensued, full of newbs posting inane nonsense and old members complaining about the newbs instead of trying to better their situation, until eventually, not even the newbs were posting anymore.

Then came hope. Most called him crazy (and they were right), others called him ridiculously optimistic, and some say he's a big smelly dragon who doesn't bathe anywhere near as much as he should (Or maybe only I say that), but everyone else called him Gordon, the new leader of AMEN. Realizing that this xenophobic age had to end, he led AMEN out of the darkness, and brought about a new age of darkness, gave us a world where AMEN is once again a serious threat. For that, we owe him our thanks. I'm still gonna stab him in the back the first chance I get, though.
    What can I say? That was surprisingly unhelpful lol Or maybe I just don't know how to use it yet. But at least I get that AMEN is evil... really evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The Digest may be of interest to you. It's the closest thing we have to a history book on the whole place.
    OH DAMN! HUGE THREAD IS HUGE!
    It's BACK!

12. - Top - End - #792

Um, okay. So what kinds of information would you like?

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MethosH View Post
    OH DAMN! HUGE THREAD IS HUGE!
    It's barely a third of this one.

Also New Character Directory and Old Character Directory
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #794

Um, okay. So what kinds of information would you like?
    I'm not familiar with the Nexus concept. But from what I get... well.. Nexus is like a place.

I need information on:

1) What does exist inside the Nexus, I'm talking locations (please don't say "anything we want :D". I need a resumed concrete information on what the players have created so far).
    2) What factions exists inside the Nexus? What are their connection to each other? Territory?
    3) Major recent events inside the Nexus.
    4) Current political situation and other relevant informations would be appreciate.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    It's barely a third of this one.

Also New Character Directory and Old Character Directory
    DAMN! THERE IS A Menthos there! And that guy have the SAME bloody umbrella I have! DAMN!
    Last edited by MethosH; 2010-09-27 at 11:18 PM.
    It's BACK!

15. - Top - End - #795

Okay then, I'll do my best.

1. AMEN's base, located inside a volcano, HALO in an underwater base, GLoG at a campsite by a lake in the forest, WATCHTOWER by a waterfall in the mountains, and the city of Inside, located by a bay, and NO under a mountain up north.

2. AMEN is the evil group, wanting to control the city and the rest of nexus. GLoG desires to redeem people but is weak right now. HALO rarely interacts with anyone other than themselves. WATCHTOWER is the group that wants to destroy threats, and is closely tried to the city. NO is a group of mercenaries, working for the higher bidder, but have a no assissation policy.
    The city of Inside controls the largest amount of land, and just tries to keep what it has.

3. Sorry, can't help much here, other than AMEN getting hit hard by the city's strike team, but they have fixed themselves up by now.

4. AMEN is planning on taking the city, but had a bit of a civil war over being too evil. All groups other than NO despise AMEN. WATCHTOWER and the city have a secret alliance.

16. - Top - End - #796

Phantom, you are now my official AMEM representative.

Is there any reference regarding what is near what? Is AMEN's base near HALO's base? or something?
    It's BACK!

17. - Top - End - #797

Phantom, you are now my official AMEM representative.

Is there any reference regarding what is near what? Is AMEN's base near HALO's base? or something?
    Good, cause I roleplay the head of AMEN.

The locations nearness? Well, NO is the farther away from the city, and HALO I think of as being fairly close to the city. Sorry, but how far things is flexible.

AMEN is a bit farther than WATCHTOWER, I think.

18. - Top - End - #798

Good, cause I roleplay the head of AMEN.

The locations nearness? Well, NO is the farther away from the city, and HALO I think of as being fairly close to the city. Sorry, but how far things is flexible.

AMEN is a bit farther than WATCHTOWER, I think.
    I can work with that : )

I'm going to bed now. Going to left Maxios to discuss plot related things with you and other people from Nexus. Night
    It's BACK!

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Our Comic Lab in the Playground: An experimentation class

This nexus comic sounds like a fun idea, I might help if I can.

I know about as much about it as MethosH do, though.

I tried to join at one point but I realised a couple of things

1. TOWN has a lot of frequent posting
    2. Most of them are Americans
    3. ???
    4. Profit No fun

Know anywhere in there that has a slower post-rate, Phantom?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    2. Most of them are Americans
    Is this a problem?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Time zones, Random, time zones.

Not everyone can conform to America's crazy backwards time schedule.

I'm sure Keveak wasn't insulting America, or Americans.

However, if we're going to start doing that, I do have a list of complaints...
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Our Comic Lab in the Playground: An experimentation class

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Is this a problem?
    Of course it is a problem.

I live five time zones from America, I'm asleep or at school when most of you are online
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-09-28 at 09:47 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

23. - Top - End - #803

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Of course it is a problem.

I live five time zones from America, I'm asleep or at school when most of you are online
    where do you live?
    It's BACK!

24. - Top - End - #804
    Colossus in the Playground

I recall him saying he lives in Denmark...? AKA a good many time zones away even by EST standards. Yes, I can see how that'd be a major problem. But from what i've seen there's two groups of major concentrations of posters during different times of day. For you, I THINK they're around your late evenings and early mornings.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

We want all information we can get our hands on...

By the way... Maxios you should make a list (with information please... faction... bio... whatever) of players that want their characters to make a guest appearance. I think we can handle guest appearances.

Meanwhile:

1. Okay, I'll go try to make the list right now.

2. Alright. Anyway, that's pretty good.

Okay guys, so the starting plot is that there's this programmer, and he's angered AMEN and some other groups, and is forced to flee. He hires a ninja with a energy sword, and a Laser Samurai to protect him from AMEN's attacks. They'll be mostly traveling the Nexus, and may encounter HALO or GLOG. That's all we've planned out so far.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2010-09-28 at 10:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

The Moff, (Moff Chumley’s character), Member of AMEN

Gordon (ThePhantom’s character), Leader of AMEN, can also turn into Blue Dragon

Christopher Grimm (Inyuthebeatis’ character) Member of HALO (has 3 very large dogs, Boss, Spike, and Fang)

Ilpholin (Reinholdt’s character) physoctic nymph who thinks she’s a drow, Member of AMEN

Butler B. Butler (Reinholdt's Character) Possibily a butler. Has worked for WATCHTOWER and GLOG

Here's the character list. We can also use Reinholdt (?), the Sniper Cat
    Last edited by Maxios; 2010-09-28 at 10:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin is in AMEN, yes.

Butler has worked for GLoG and Watchtower.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #808

The Moff, (Moff Chumley’s character), Member of AMEN

Gordon (ThePhantom’s character), Leader of AMEN, can also turn into Blue Dragon

Christopher Grimm (Inyuthebeatis’ character) Member of HALO (has 3 very large dogs, Boss, Spike, and Fang)

Ilpholin (Reinholdt’s character) physoctic nymph who thinks she’s a drow, (I don’t know which organization she’s in, but probably AMEN)

Here's the character list. We can also use Reinholdt (?), the Sniper Cat , and Butler B. Butler
    Always keep this list updated, we will need it when the guest character start to appear ^_^

Anyway... For the first comic I was thinking that the programmer guy could be on his computer doing his thing and after a while he screams something like "I did it!" (we don't need to explain now the mathematical implications of what he did) and look at his own computer with happiness. After that a message appear on his computer saying "I saw what you did. You have 30 seconds. Run." he gets confused and a group of swat-like soldiers storm his house.
    It's BACK!

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

How about the programmer was downloading files from AMEN, top secret files. Then AMEN finds out, and sends their soldiers in (along with some player characters from the list).
    Can someone tell us what AMEN wears in combat and uses as a weapon?
    Last edited by Maxios; 2010-09-28 at 11:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

It's different for each PC. AMEN does have a bunch of henchmen though and their specs are detailed in the OP of AMEN itself. But they're pretty atypical. Shapeshifting gun arms and all that.

Gordon's a dragon. He uses that when it comes to battle. Moff is a fan of knives and is generally unarmored/regular clothes. Ilpholin uses a whip and a catsuit.

Edit: Actually it's not very detailed at all. I'll let Phantom or someone else tell you.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-09-28 at 11:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast