New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VI - We've Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves

And with that helpful information provided by Sereg, I am never clicking on another link in any Crack thread ever again.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Oh, and did anyone else notice that Hoolahoop got banned? Any idea why?
    I hadn't yet. He probably got a lot of infractions back in his early, "What do you mean, he's not a troll?" days, so it wouldn't surprise me if one small screwup finally pushed him over the threshold. That's too bad for him.
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    And with that helpful information provided by Sereg, I am never clicking on another link in any Crack thread ever again.
    Say, uh, do you know when/if the Squickies are coming out? Not to be rude.

I hadn't yet. He probably got a lot of infractions back in his early, "What do you mean, he's not a troll?" days, so it wouldn't surprise me if one small screwup finally pushed him over the threshold. That's too bad for him.
    Probably this.

Water-Smurf:

...You managed to squick me out again.

Please don't make that the canonical ending. Please don't.

4. - Top - End - #574

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Water-Smurf:

...You managed to squick me out again.

Please don't make that the canonical ending. Please don't.
    You know, I joke about things like /b/ and FATAL, but I don't think I've ever been honestly squicked out. Huh.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

5. - Top - End - #575

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    You know, I joke about things like /b/ and FATAL, but I don't think I've ever been honestly squicked out. Huh.
    Three times on this entire thread, twice by Water-Smurf.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground

Water-Smurf: Got any way for those of us without a Deviantart account to read it? Or am I gonna have to sign up over there, too?

*Edit* Sorry if that sounded snarky. It isn't meant to be.
    Last edited by Dark_Stryke; 2010-01-20 at 10:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, me. I was planning on working on When in Rome tonight, maybe even churning out the next chapter, but, for some reason my brain wants to do a Cats oneshot (yes, I've seen the musical recently). This alone is not a problem. The problem is the weird stuff that pops up in my mind as part of me tries to compromise with myself by making an OotS x Cats crossover. Mr. Scruffy x Demeter? Or maybe Grisabella? Would that make OotSverse the Heavyside Layer?
    That's what she said.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDelusion View Post
    That's probably it. I also kind of feel bad for him.

EDIT: By the way, Shiny, did you get my e-mail?
    Last edited by Devixer; 2010-01-20 at 10:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    That's probably it. I also kind of feel bad for him.

EDIT: By the way, Shiny, did you get my e-mail?
    Yeah, and I sent a reply e-mail (since I didn't know if commenting on a fic that's not actually connected to the thread would be considered "off topic" or not).
    That's what she said.

10. - Top - End - #580

Yeah, and I sent a reply e-mail (since I didn't know if commenting on a fic that's not actually connected to the thread would be considered "off topic" or not).
    (You said you would try one with Elan. Can I please see on private? )

Ah, me. I was planning on working on When in Rome tonight, maybe even churning out the next chapter, but, for some reason my brain wants to do a Cats oneshot (yes, I've seen the musical recently). This alone is not a problem. The problem is the weird stuff that pops up in my mind as part of me tries to compromise with myself by making an OotS x Cats crossover. Mr. Scruffy x Demeter? Or maybe Grisabella? Would that make OotSverse the Heavyside Layer?
    Mr. Scruffy has a VERY wild night and Belkar is proud of his virility. Easy.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-20 at 10:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

(You said you would try one with Elan. Can I please see on private? )

Mr. Scruffy has a VERY wild night and Belkar is proud of his virility. Easy.
    Oh! I completely forgot about that after Roland's Chastisement! But I do remember what I wanted to do with it, so I'll put that back on my (mental) list.

And Scruffy learns that Jellicles can and Jellicles do... Yeah, that's probably getting written within the week. Still probably coming after my initial oneshot idea, though, since its conception involved me feeling a probably unhealthy amount of righteous anger on the behalf of one of the Jellicle Cats.
    That's what she said.

12. - Top - End - #582

Oh! I completely forgot about that after Roland's Chastisement! But I do remember what I wanted to do with it, so I'll put that back on my (mental) list.

And Scruffy learns that Jellicles can and Jellicles do... Yeah, that's probably getting written within the week. Still probably coming after my initial oneshot idea, though, since its conception involved me feeling a probably unhealthy amount of righteous anger on the behalf of one of the Jellicle Cats.
    Okay. (Just don't post it here.)

And please tell me what you wanted to do with it! Something? Please?

*Puppy-dog eyes*

What unhealthy amount of righteous anger?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-20 at 10:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583

Alright, let's kill this writer's block with some rolls!

Tsukiko x Xykon
    ...Not off to a great start, are we? That's just too easy.

ABD x Miko
    ...Maybe. But if someone else wants it (I'm looking at you, Closak,) they can have it.

Gender-switched Julio Scoundrel x Julia Greenhilt
    I think I'll give this a try.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2010-01-20 at 11:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Orc in the Playground

Okay. (Just don't post it here.)

And please tell me what you wanted to do with it! Something? Please?

*Puppy-dog eyes*

What unhealthy amount of righteous anger?
    Okay, I'll give you one little preview:

B-but, you can't see me! I'm invisible!

And the anger is because at the end of the show (I'll spoiler it just in case, but I think even people who don't even know what it means still usually know this about Cats):

Spoiler
    Show

Grisabella is chosen to go to the Heavyside Layer (which offers a Jellicle Cat "the chance to be reborn").

I, however, after putting, I'll admit, a little too much thought into the matter, think the honor should've gone to Asparagus (Gus the Theater Cat), who was obviously not long for this earth anyway what with his palsy and his vivid flashback which may be a sign of some form of dementia and his overall pathetic existence.

Have fun and good luck with that, Dark Apprentice!
    That's what she said.

15. - Top - End - #585

Okay, I'll give you one little preview:

B-but, you can't see me! I'm invisible!
    How long will it take for you to finish this? (Then not post it on this thread, of course.)

And good luck with Order of the Cats!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

How long will it take for you to finish this? (Then not post it on this thread, of course.)

And good luck with Order of the Cats!
    Depends on how much homework gets dumped on me this weekend. Optimistically I'll say before next weekend.

Now that's got me picturing Mr. Scruffy starting his own all-cat adventuring party. I'll bet Belkar would want to join...

Anyway, though there's a thunderstorm that will probably keep me up anyway, I'm going to attempt to go to bed now. Good night!
    That's what she said.

17. - Top - End - #587

Depends on how much homework gets dumped on me this weekend. Optimistically I'll say before next weekend.

Now that's got me picturing Mr. Scruffy starting his own all-cat adventuring party. I'll bet Belkar would want to join...

Anyway, though there's a thunderstorm that will probably keep me up anyway, I'm going to attempt to go to bed now. Good night!
    Good night!

18. - Top - End - #588

Nighty night, and I would also like a copy of that fic.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone e-mailing, add me to the list. And don't forget the FF.net group, that's there for the stuff that can't go here.

Also, since I have a campaign, school, and work, I can't write anything for a while. This has, of course, spurred my plot bunnies into overdrive. So I toss them out here for the thread to use as they please:
    Belkar/Roy, BDSM, Roy's the sub, safeword is activating the Mark.
    Tiasal/MitD.
    Haley+Elan/Girl from last panel+her friend

I'll probably post a couple more in the following weeks, since I doubt I'll have the time to write anything.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

20. - Top - End - #590

You got it.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Banned

So what's going on?

Any new stories since yesterday?

And how is Coffee doing on her story?

And has the ABD done it again?

22. - Top - End - #592

Griffon

Wow, Water-smurf. That’s dark even compared to your other stuff. Still very good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Belkar/Roy, BDSM, Roy's the sub, safeword is activating the Mark.
    Tiasal/MitD.
    Haley+Elan/Girl from last panel+her friend
    Good ideas, I may try one or two of those but I think that they could do with different interpretations, so others should feel free to do them to. I actually feel that Tsukiko x Crypt Thing could also do with different interpretations. Oh, well.

@Taekwondodo I enjoyed your latest as well.

Oh, and yes I’d also like to read the other fics, so I guess I must send my e-mail address to Dark Apprentice and ShinyDelusion.

Ok here is my promised lizardfolk x Durkon under the effects of Thor’s might spell gone wrong fic. Bad pun warning still applies. I call it:

“Maybe, He’d do This”

Spoiler
    Show
    “Tree!” yelled Durkon, “Git back, ah’ll pirtect ye!” He ran in front of the order and up to the palm that had caught his attention. “Thor might!” he yelled. With that, the W.W.T.D. on His holy symbol began to glow ominously and His eye’s began to swirl. “What’s happening?” asked Haley.
    “Ah shall smite this pitiful tree!” yelled Dukon, “Lightning!” A lightning bolt struck the tree, leaving it blackened with ash. “Perhaps it’s time for Durkon to get more character development.” suggested Elan.
    “Somehow, I doubt that.” answered Roy.
    “Ah mus celebrate mah victree, by assertin’ mah virility and wooin’ women.” announced Durkon. “Er, don’t look at me.” replied Haley, “I’m with Elan.”
    “Ah shall haft a look elsewhere.” said Durkon and He headed off between the many tents of Sandsedge. “While I am relatively unfamiliar with divine magic,” announced Vaarsuvius, “it appears that the discrepancy in the dwarf’s behaviour initiated upon his failure to annunciate the “apostrophe s” when casting “Thor’s might”. Further credence to my hypothesis can be supplied by the fact that the typical effect of “Thor’s might” was not activated upon this occasion and the fact that he left out the reference to his deity when casting “Thor’s lightning”.”

Durkon soon arrived at the lizardfolk brothel that Belkar and Roy had previously discovered. “Here be the place fir what ah need.” He said.
    “What’ll it be, dear?” asked the first lizardfolk.
    “Ah’ll three of yeh,” answered Durkon, “’cause that be what Thor might do.”

And now, for the sequel to my army of ghouls x Belkar spell gone wrong fic that I hinted at. A different pairing though:

Spoiler
    Show
    “Now remember,” began Tsukiko, “I have ways of making you talk, so let’s skip the lies. First question. How did you end up in that situation with the ghouls?”
    “The prick of an elf cast a stupid spell on me.” answered Belkar bitterly. Tsukiko froze. Was this it? Was this the spell she had heard of? “Prepared, or from a scroll?” asked Tsukiko. “From a scroll.” answered Belkar. If it was from a scroll, the wizard may have had more. “Alright, take him back to the dungeon for now.” she ordered the nearest hobgoblin. She rushed over to the belongings that had been confiscated from the adventuring party and began to search through the wizard’s pack. Unfortunately, the wizard had written explosive runes on some of objects within, but eventually, she found what she was looking for. She grabbed the scroll and rushed off to Xykon’s room. She opened the scroll and read, “Desirable to undead” before knocking on the door.

Sorry that they’re short Sstoopidtallkid but I’ve got to go with what I can do and I’m working on my dissertation again. I’ll try do another long one some time though.

Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX
    I tried describing it at first, got though half a sentance and realized that I couldn't.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Banned

DrowGuy

Ouch Watersurf Thats some Depressing Stuff Right there. Unfortunatly I predicted it like a mile away, Kill your own family after long time apart :Check Command the Snarl: Check, Madness: Check.

Hmmm, I guess im not fealing very sentimental Today....Call me a monster but I was chearing her on, nothing made me go "I feel so sad". I guess it has to do with my Murderous side bieng Dominant Today, Well Have fun Killing Tiasal. But honestly Great Story, matches my pic well.

Edit: Wow Fatal is some nasty crap right there. But it didnt squick me out though...

Oh and Sereg, funny story.
    Last edited by HidingintheShad; 2010-01-21 at 11:09 AM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HidingintheShad View Post
    Edit: Wow Fatal is some nasty crap right there. But it didnt squick me out though...
    What's worrying about it is someone actually sat down and thought 'how can I make this into a game?'.

No, wait; the worrying thing is that they got the idea of making it into a game in the first place. And then in all the time they took to do so, they never realized what a bad idea it was.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-21 at 02:43 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

25. - Top - End - #595
    Banned

Yeah, that is worrying.

Some people can be really freakin' crazy huh? (And not the good kind of crazy either)

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    There's no such thing as a 'good' kind of crazy, or it wouldn't be called crazy.
    *points at thread*
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    Yeah, that is worrying.

Some people can be really freakin' crazy huh? (And not the good kind of crazy either)
    There's no such thing as a 'good' kind of crazy, or it wouldn't be called crazy.

There's simply many states of mind preferable to sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    *points at thread*
    ...Yes, my point exactly.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-21 at 02:46 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

28. - Top - End - #598

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    I shall help with this!

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I am tentative about posting anything after Roland's general warning to us, I posted this elsewhere. It's called 'Of All the Ways to Lose Someone', though DA wouldn't let me write all that out.

I'm really, really not happy with this, but I always feel that way and I've been working on it for... wow, I think maybe one to two weeks.

WARNING: This is really, really dark and is one of the more depressing possible ends to PM. And it is violating a taboo or two of our culture's. And it has implied rape. Tread with caution. I put a warning on it here and on DA for a reason.
    Wow...just wow. Little confusing at the beginning (didn't realise it was a flashback at first. Thought "Time travel?"). Tiasal's descent into evil and madness is well done with inventively squicky "torture". What was left of Tia begging Redcloak was sad, I almost teared up! I wouldn't have chosen Deirdre as an evil/sexy name however!

Sereg I find your interpretation of Durkon's accent rather strange to read but the story was inventive and funny. I wonder how Tsukiko's going to use that scroll?

EDIT: Your cross quoting confuses me. How did you manage to do that?
    Last edited by Taekwondodo; 2010-01-21 at 03:00 PM.
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    Wow...just wow. Little confusing at the beginning (didn't realise it was a flashback at first. Thought "Time travel?"). Tiasal's descent into evil and madness is well done with inventively squicky "torture". What was left of Tia begging Redcloak was sad, I almost teared up! I wouldn't have chosen Deirdre as an evil/sexy name however!

Sereg I find your interpretation of Durkon's accent rather strange to read but the story was inventive and funny. I wonder how Tsukiko's going to use that scroll?

EDIT: Your cross quoting confuses me. How did you manage to do that?
    He posted, I quoted/posted, he deleted the post, he quoted me. Which is annoying and confusing, Zanaril. Please don't do that, it makes me look like either a time traveler or an idiot.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

30. - Top - End - #600
    Banned

Zanaril is a she you know.

Wonder what Coffee is up to...?