New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default how to continue a mystic theurge?

If you make a mystic theurge with not early entry tricks, just a Wis3/Clr3/MT10

what can you take after level 16 when you run out of MT levels to still continue clr and wiz progression?
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: how to continue a mystic theurge?

True Necromancer, perhaps? Assuming that's you're schtick.
    If asked the question "how can I do this within this system?" answering with "use a different system" is never a helpful or appreciated answer.

ENBY

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    If you make a mystic theurge with not early entry tricks, just a Wis3/Clr3/MT10

what can you take after level 16 when you run out of MT levels to still continue clr and wiz progression?
    From Complete Scoundrel, there's a PrC Uncanny Trickster. It's a three level class that promotes class abilities for two of them. That means it promotes the dual-progression of Mystic Theurge. Cap it with Archmage.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Dweomerkeeper or Geomancer. Neither advances both castings, but they're designed for dual casters anyways. True Necromancer gives you partial progression of both, but only 3 levels each for the 4 you have left, and it's prerequisites are...poor. Your best bet is not going Cleric/Wizard. Go Druid or Shadowcaster so you've got another dual-progression class specific for that as well as MT.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Arcane Heirophant? It gives dual progression for both arcane casting and divine casting, you just need to find a way to get trackless step. I don't know if you could use an item or if there is a feat to get the ability...it definitely fits easier with a Druid/Wizard but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it could be relevant some way
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine:
    A Dungeon where heroes were tested (Survival of the Fittest Modeule)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Legacy Champion from Weapons of Legacy advances all of the class features of another class for the 2nd-6th levels and the 8th-10th levels. That means if you go Wizard 3/ Cleric 3/ MT 10/ Legacy Champion 4 you'd end up with 16th level spellcasting in both classes.

True Necromancer in Libris Mortis advances arcane spellcasting at 1st level, divine spellcasting at 2nd level, and both arcane and divine at the 3rd-5th levels. That will still get you 16th level spellcasting in both classes.

Without a prestige class that grants spellcasting faster than the normal progression (i.e. Ur-Priest and the like) or early entry tricks, the only dual progression arcane/divine build that gets 9th level spells in both classes by level 20 is a Druid 3/ Wizard 3/ Mystic Thurge 4/ Arcane Heirophant 10.