New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Help With A Psionic Plant Race

One of my players in an upcoming campaign wants to play a plant based psionic race with no LA. I have been working on it for ages now and have come up with so many failures i don't think i could do it on my own.

Part of the problems lies in the racial feats to go with it and the several immunities of the plant type.

Regardless, i need help in making the race playable as an LA 0 race

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Help With A Psionic Plant Race

Would these be kind of what you're looking for?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134937

3. - Top - End - #3

That is not what my player, nor myself, had in mind, although the evolved plant subtype may be useful for the idea.

The races is psionic in nature, and can use their psionic power to stimulate certain aspects of themselves to cause various effects and are based on plants. Those would be racial feats. I need both the base race which won't be much different from other races (probably based on the warforged at least partially)

They would be more like hybrids of humans and plants, think a human with green skin and plant based abilities. It's supposed to be an experiment of a mad psion from a few centuries before the campaign started.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

The Plant type is really powerful. You get most of the undead immunities, and can't be turned or hit by other anti-undead things. The simplest way to do it would be a refluffed Warforged. Throw in the Psiforged Body feat and you're mostly there.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Russiti could be a good model of what you want, plus they already have a bunch of fun racial feats.

Russiti Race
    Russiti Feats

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    Russiti could be a good model of what you want, plus they already have a bunch of fun racial feats.

Russiti Race
    Russiti Feats
    That has some good inspiration, but it still misses the mark. He wants a cross between the kalashtar and warforged without some of the plant immunities (mind-affecting, criticals, etc). Its more along the Flavor of his character, he wants a plant that can throw exploding fruit as a weapon and have a vine whip, that type of thing.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

I'd mention some of these incredibly stringent requirements in the first post.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    I'd mention some of these incredibly stringent requirements in the first post.
    Only recently decided. The original idea is evolving as we go along, a lot of talk between me and the player and advice from the members on boards.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2010-01-19 at 03:48 PM.