New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Darkwolf
    Darkwolf takes his horse, and rides into the forest, knowing it to be the faster to go through than to go around. He of course is alert to the possibility that any sort of beast would lurk in these woods, so his axe is at ready.

Parias
    Parias senses something amiss about this castle, and decides it best to investigate. However, since the place is heavily guarded, he believes it best to wait till night fall before attempting to find an alternate entrance.
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-01-21 at 06:21 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Eragon, Where Dragons dare

Leonidas

The King promptley comes to a new course of action.

"Artemis instead take to the Northwest to the ruined town of Yazuac. I shall head to Ceunon in the North."

With the changed orders the Spartans spilt paths.

Black Knight

"I would expect nothing less, of the Varden. Waging a war such as this would bring about the paranoia in anyone. the Black Knight nods.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    The White Wolf arches an eye-brow and cautiously responds, a certain Melnibonean disdain still in his voice, "And who, pray tell, are you? Where am I? What world is this, and who is its lord? Have you summoned me or was it merely chance that you be here?"

Dilvish
    Black left deep, heavy hoof-prints in the snow as he walked along. Dilvish pulled his cloak to him tighter. The half-elf's journey to find the sorcerer Jelarak had taken him through many portals. And now, his latest venture had deposited him in a land of ice and snow. Black held up surprisingly well in the frost. "See anything, old friend?" Dilvish asked the demon horse. "Nay." Was all the iron beast would give Dilvish now. As it stood, all the half-elf could do was groan at his companion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Elric
    "I am Marcos. Called by some Marcos the Black, although I have many other names as well. I did summon you, in truth, I brought you and all the others here. Now let me tell you why."
    He begins walking slowly through the forest, expecting Elric to naturally fall int step beside him.
    "I am going to tell you about the first race born n the multiverse. The Valehru. The dragonlords. More god then mortal, they conquered the universe, looted other worlds and made other species their slaves. They were never numerous, and just as well, but they didn't need to be. Dragons were their slaves, and they used them to fly through the boundaries of worlds. Elves were their gardeners, their bed companions and their servants, your people were their stewards, their chamberlains. But both were enslaved."
    You had walked barely twenty meters, but Marcos stopped and stared at you again. "They were not like your own people, as decadent as you grew. They were like a storm, unstoppable in it's fury, that destroyed all in it's way. They had no understanding of good or evil, law or chaos. All there was to them was power."
    He began walking again. "The universe changed, and the lords of chaos, and order were born. And the Valehru, sensing their power, rode out to challenge them. Their were once far more elemental lords then there are now, close to a hundred. But only sixteen survived. The Valehru were defeated, but a few survived. A few. Just one is enough to burn a world to the ground." He stopped, giving you an opportunity to reply.

Dilvish
    Mountains rear before, short, ugly, broken ones of sharp edges and ugly protrusions of volcanic rock. The occasional leafless tree had found a secure perch, but the mountains seemed almost ridiculously inhospitable.

Black Knight
    ((Note, in the Winter King, Lancelot is a cowardly, backstabbing cheater with good PR from minstrels he hires. Most of the other knights, and nobles, including Gwnivere once their affair runs it's course, view him with naked contempt.))
    Eragon turns and leads you in. The palace is opulent, and the Varden leadership have appropriated any rooms not in use. The fact that a lot of the rooms are not in use due to the fact that their previous tenants were executed is an 'unfortunate cost of resisting the Empire.'
    Eragon sounds almost like Lancelot when he says that. So insincere it makes you want to laugh.
    Two big, brutish looking monsters stand outside the door of your allocated room. The have rams horns curling around behind their ears, and small, piggy little eyes, as well as enormous, slab like muscles.

Darkwolf
    After a time, the ground started rising and becoming rockier, and the tree's thinned slightly, allowing a more open view. The trail twisted along deeply shaded cuts in the terrain and across leaf-strewn ravines. Dry leaves scatter as you pass. Pines and spruce give way to hadwood trees, mostly white birch, and as the limbs swayed overhead to a silent breeze, tiny patches of sunlight danced on the forest floor.
    A crack of thunder sounds in the distance, echoing down the trail. Then there was silence. At length, the patter of rain can be heard on the canopy above you, with only a bit trickling down to the path.

Bilbo
    Ignoring your outstretched hand, the big man stomped closer and clasped you to his mighty chest in an affectionate embrace, kissing you on each cheek, then released you.
    "I am Theodric." He replies. "Captain, lord, outlaw, wanted fugitive and rebel. My house is your house. Come, we must drink together, and I shall hear your story."

SARTAAAAAA!!!!!
    Artemis skirts the Southern edge of the forest on his journey, towards the ruined town. The area around shows signs of once being fertile farmland, but having long since been abandoned to weeds and scavengers.
    The town is ruined, everything usable is destroyed, and there is a pile of corpses picked clean in the center.
    Your men make camp in it for the night, and around midnight, are awoke by the watch. Bestial grunting and the odd unpronounceable, harsh syllables of some monstrous language can be heard in the murk from outside the town...

As you come To Cenuon, you see signs of warfare. The city is besieged, by tall, oddly beautiful warriors with blond, silver, of vibrant red hair, armor of incredible craftsmanship with well articulated, overlapping plates, and covered with ostentation, decorative fluting, trimmings and scrollwork. Each one moves with uncanny grace and poise.

Parias
    Night falls, and you approach the citadel again. Braziers have been lit, and the guards change every hour. They seem genuinely watchful.
    For every ten or so regular guards there was a different sort of man, each tall and broad shouldered, in full plate-armor and long cloaks, their long, ashen spears slung low, long blades of folded steel on their hips.
    Most distinctive of all was the steel masks they all wore, totally featureless save for the eyeslits. Each of the knights had a bearing that suggested total confidence and pride. They were the Domiavard, the kings personal guards. They had no identities, no families. They could not be bribed, or threatened, and feared only failing their master. They did not seem to have names. They even looked identical. Many of the more superstitious you'd talked to on the streets breathed that they weren’t men at all, but demons the King had summoned from some twisted abyss with sorcery too dark to mention.
    To you, they seem like ordinary people, but just the same...
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-21 at 05:42 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    With a rush of wind, three figures materialise in the land of Alagaesia.

"-consider your off- Hey, Xellos! Hold on a minute, what did you just do? Where are we?"

The man floating a few feet above them smiles and wags a finger playfully.

"That... is a secret."
    And with that he vanishes.

"Hey, wait! Xellos! Nnnnngh... COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW YOU NO-GOOD MAZOKU, I KNOW YOU'RE LISTENING! AS SOON AS I GET MY HANDS ON YOU I'LL-"

As she continues to shout death-threats at the air, the girl's companion taps her on the shoulder.
    "Say, Lina. I know you're really upset right now, but who was that guy?"
    "Who- That was Xellos! Xellos! We've travelled around with him for weeks! Gourry, don't tell me you don't remember!"

"Hmmm..."
    The man furrows his brow, deep in concentration. After a few seconds...
    "Nope!"

A vein throbs in the girl's forehead.
    "JELLYFISH FOR BRAINS!"
    A number of birds take flight as a loud "whack" resounds throughout the area.

"Hey, what was that for?"
    "..."

"Levitation!"
    With a whoosh, the girl rises into the air, and stops to scan her surroundings.
    "Hey Gourry!" she shouts, "Looks like there's a town nearby! Last one there has to pay for dinner!"
    "Hey, Lina, no fair!" the man pants as he runs after her.

6. - Top - End - #96

Leonidas

Leonidas approaches one of the women. Elves, he had heard talk of them before thet were fiendish creatures that is for sure. They refuse to eat meat but they do hesitate to kill men in an act of staunch hypocrisy.

Gripping his sword's hilt on his Belt the king asks the elves what is going on in this besieged city.

Artemis

Artemis approached the ruined city of Yazuac where an upstart rebellion movement made there stand against the empire. This was not a rebellion like Sparta's though. These men were considerably more dangerous than the Empire. The Empire at least had noble intentions of conquest in mind these men care not for the land and lives they destroy in the process of seeking their freedom. Freedom without rule is not freedom at all.

Artemis orders his men to awaken and get into combat formation. It seems something has happened upon them and in this strange world it does best not to be unprepared.

Black Knight

Percy stops to examine the monsters before him. He asks the hypocrite about them. "You make use of monsters in your crusade against the Empire?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    Melniboneans, a slave race. Hmph. For all his detestation of his people's morals, Elric was still proud of his now extinct species. Maybe extinct. In all his planeswalking, Elric had never encountered another mention of his people. It was... suspicious that this being would have knowledge of them. Maintaining a safe distance, Elric said, "Go on. How do I fit into this?"

Dilvish
    Black let out a fiery snort, "Ugh, I feel worn just looking at those mountains."
    Dilvish pondered, "Unless we can find a pass through them, we should probably seek a way around. I'm not sure we're fully prepared to attempt such a feat otherwise."
    "You could always go. The cracks should pose no problem to you."
    "And where would you go? Wandering around in a strange land looking for me with nothing but my scent and voice on the wind? No, I think not."

((Hey, Cracklord, did you ever finish that Twilight story? I'd love to read it.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

((Working on it. I've been busy, so the going is slow.))

Black Knight
    Eragon stared at him. "They do not think of themselves as monsters, why should we?" He asks, citing a trite justification that people who have never had Saxon raiders burn their home, rape their wives and daughters, kill their animals, burn their crop and steal their children to be sold as slaves used for them.

SPARTAAAA!!!!!
    Artemis
    A massive shape emerges from the murk. It is roughly humanoid in appearance, with grayish skin, bowed legs, and thick arms. Yellow, piggish eyes shine like lamps in the dark, and a pair of long, twisted horns, curled like a rams, protrude from above their ears.
    It is near to nine feet tall, dressed in a mis-matched collection of armor, and clutched the hilt of an enormous, well-worn battle-axe, scarred and pitted from use.
    Raising it's head to the sky, it roars, a sound to drown out your men. Behind it, more of them gather, few it's size, but all massive, clutching a collection of terrible hooks and blades. They haven't moved yet, but they will.

Leonidas
    They surround you, keeping their distance but preventing you from moving, and not answering your questions. Then another one emerges from the camp. She has green eyes and long black hair that is held back by a leather strap. Despite being dressed in plain black leather, she wore it like an emperor's robes.
    "I am Islanzadí. Queen of my people, first under the stars. What do you want?" She asks, in a lilting, musical voice.

Elric
    "The king of most of this world, Galbatorix, is a Valehru. Lowris-Takara, lord of shadows. Not for nothing are Valheru called dragonlords, they tamed the dragons that gave Melnibone it's power. Here, they left, and the elves built Vroengard and dominated dragons in memory of them. Lowris-Takara returned to find this, and slaughtered them all."
    He sighs. "The Valehru are all but immortal. So rather then try to kill them, the Lords imprisoned them between the borders of worlds. Lowris-Takara is trying to let them back in." He said the last words as a whisper, it was clear the possibility that terrified the mage.

Lina Inverse
    The town you see is more of a city, contained behind a white wall, a hundred feet tall and thirty feet thick. In the northeast sector of the city was a towering citadel, which housed the lighthouse. The city's buildings grew progressively taller from the outside in; the tallest buildings were near the citadel.

Dilvish
    The mountains don't get any smaller looking at them. You can't see anything that resembles a pass.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-21 at 06:12 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bilbo
    "On to Rivendell, my friend!" Bilbo says, with a smile. This man reminds him of the dwarfs, drunken and rowdy, but welcoming in his demeanor. He follows the man happily, no longer with his fingers wrapped around the ring in his pocket; He feels comfortable enough with this man that he doesn't feel the need to constantly clinch the ring.
    Lord Soth
    Soth marches on, to the direction from which he felt the spell. His keep will remain safe from all but the most dangerous of foes. Only the leader of the fortress and the wizard had even been able to touch him; his small group of soldiers could hold off anything below that strength; and if they broke into the keep, they'd find nigh unstoppable soldiers, unless they brought powerful magic with them.
    ((Really, you decide when Soth gets anywhere. I'm just keeping updates on his travels untill then. By the way, ever seen Caligula?))
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

10. - Top - End - #100

Black Knight

Hrmp the naive fool, none the less now is not the time. Merlin had given him a Quest and he would fulfill it for the good of Camelot even at the expense of his own honour and reason. "Oh course. Carry on then."

Leonidas

"I am King Leonidas of Sparta. I come seeking allies against the Empire." the king explains not moving his hand from his sword.

His soliders rush to his aid but Leonidas motions them to stand down.

Artemis

"Spartans! To Arms!" Artemis orders.

Within seconds all twenty six shields are raised into the air to cover their adjacent warrior and twenty-six spears are raised pointing at the on coming monster and horde."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    Lina lands a short distance from the gate.
    "Alright, I made it. And Gourry's nowhere to be seen! Get ready food, here I come! <3"

If she finds no opposition at the gate she will head for the nearest tavern, a large grin on her face.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-01-21 at 06:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

((Gratuitous sex? Or is there another one? I know a lot about Caligula the emperor...))

Leonidas
    "We besiege their cities now." She replies, with a wave directed at Cenuon. "They have violated our forests for the last time. You may join us if you wish." She adds, patronizingly. It is clear she has nothing but scorn for humans.

Artemis
    Some of the monster use slings, hut the smooth river stones do not even dent your shields. The others lower their heads and charge, the giant in the lead, swinging his axe with strokes that would cut down a tree in a single cut.

Black Knight
    Eragon seems satisfied at that, and opened the door with a flourish. The room was enormous, with windows overlooking the gardens of the keep, leaving it pleasant and open. The walls were walnut paneling, the occasional tapestry celebrating some great battle, with drapes and canopies of scintillating colors. There was a deep depression in the centre of the room, full of water that steamed gently, and a soft featherbed. His possessions were arranged artfully around the room, making it seem occupied.
    A girl curtsied as he entered. She had an olive tint to her complexion and slanting, almond eyes. Her face was pretty, and her eyes were at first glance green but on closer examination a kaleidoscope of colors.
    "Is this to your liking?" Eragon asked politely.

Lina Inverse
    Two guards stop her. They have the look of people who are good at asking questions, not professional soldiers. "All mages are to report to the keep." He says to her. "Sorry girl, I don't make the rules."

Bilbo
    The great hall was a huge, vaunted chamber with a great fire in the center where whole logs blazed and crackled. The stone walls where bare, and torches flared and smoked in iron rings set in stone. At the end of the hall sat seven thrones, each surmounted by a banner. Three of them were occupied, the center one by Theodric. The throne on the far left was bigger then it had any right to be, big enough to sit four men Theodric's size, but they were all carved of simple wood. A once stately dwarf sat beside him, seemingly so weak that the mildest breeze was likely to extinguish his inner fires. His eyes, dull and yellow, flicked back and forth, unable to settle. His silvery hair and beard swept the floor, and in his lap was a crown, too heavy for his feeble body to bear.
    Several women sat alongside amongst the soldiers, all dressed simply but well, talking in hushed voices. And at the great table beneath the kings table sat a few dozen bearded warriors, all helping themselves and drinking heartily.
    "Welcome to politics." the swordsman said bitterly.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-21 at 06:29 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    "I see. And I suppose you have summoned me to this world to aid you, somehow? You seem rather knowledgeable on the Infinite Doorways. Tell me, what do you gain from my aid?"

Dilvish
    Dilvish lamented, "We can't stay out here and freeze. As much as I dislike it, we're going to try and get past those mountains. Onward, I suppose. Be it Hell or high water that awaits us."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Elric
    Marcos sighed. "I have power, but it is all I can do to keep them from forcing their way through the wards. I need you to stop whatever he is doing."' He sighs. "Even you would be unable to defeat him, Elric. It is beyond almost all who came after. And your people are bound to his, you yourself a no match for him."

Divlish
    The pass is slow and treacherous, winding and frequently comes to dead ends. You are almost caught in an avalanche, barely manage to avoid falling into a canyon twice, and trapped once. it's like the mountains are actively trying to discourage you. You are perhaps two thirds of the way across, when a bunch of figures emerge from hiding places, all pointing bows at you. Most are humans, but one or two seem to be other races.
    "What is your buisness?" Asks a dwarf with an enormous red beard, and wild eyes. "Elf?" He adds, in a voice that would melt steel.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-21 at 06:37 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #105

Bilbo
    Bilbo digs in for pipe-weed, and finding he's smoked all of it looks up, "Do you happen to have any pipe-weed here? I seem to have run out of the stuff those soldiers passed too me. Regardless, why don't we eat while we discuss business? Say all the good you can about the elves, they aren't one's for good food."
    ((Both. I was merely wondering about the film; I know a lot about the emperor, I was wondering whether the film is any good. Also, I'm pretty sure that depending on who ends up 'King,' this game may end with one person crowned 'Caligula.' My money's on Deadpool breaking in from the Twilight game to do so.))
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-21 at 06:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    Two guards stop her. They have the look of people who are good at asking questions, not professional soldiers. "All mages are to report to the keep." He says to her. "Sorry girl, I don't make the rules."
    "H-huh? You mean me?" Lina responds in a voice rather more timid and higher-pitched than her normal speech, "I-I'm not a mage, I'm just a little girl! I- I-"

Suddenly she bursts into tears.
    "Waaaaaah, what will mommy and daddy say when the mean guard won't let me meet them?" She falls to her knees and thumps weakly at the nearest guard. "Why are you making my mommy and daddy sad?"

{OOC: Crying until the authorities are too embarrassed to arrest you is the key to victory!}
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-01-21 at 06:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    One of the guards looks confused, but the other raises an eyebrow incredulously. "You were floating." He replies. "We both saw you, nobody is fooled. Look, just go, submit your chit, and then you can do whatever you want." He says, in what he clearly hoped was a reasonable voice.

Bilbo
    You are given a seat to the right of Theodric. Placing his enormous girth into his throne, he got comfortable, then called for more wine. A busty serving girl poured him a generous amount, then made to do the same to Bilbo, as well as giving another package of pipe weed to the hobbit.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-21 at 06:42 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #108

Bilbo
    "Thank you." Bilbo says to the woman, both for the alcohol and the pipe-weed. He turns to the man and says, "My name is Bilbo Baggins, sir, of the Shire. I can sneak into anywhere and get out with anything. I can find out plans, steal items, and kidnap commanders." Bilbo subtly shifts his hand towards his pocket, and effortlessly slips on the ring. As he turns invisible he says, "See? Sorry, actually. I guess you wouldn't."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Theodric's eyes narrow. "Well, that's a useful trick if I've ever sen one." He says slowly. Perhaps you're right. Tonight, we eat and drink, tomorrow we'll see about sending you out."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #110

Leonidas

The King well aware of the contmpt they hold for him nods.

"How many warriors do you have here?"

He asks solemly.

Artemis

((How many monsters are there?))

"Spears on the giant!" Artemis orders.

The giant will find himself bombarded by five waves of five spears flying toward it's chest. As soon as a spartan tosses his sword he grabs his sword and moves to confront one of the smaller monsters.

Black Knight

((Please excuse the sexism but Percy is from the middle ages. If anything he'd be better than the Spartans.))

"She is the leader of the Varden?" Percy scoffs with the utmost distain. A woman leads this armed rebellion, no wonder the rules of honourable warfare have never come to these men's mind.

21. - Top - End - #111

Bilbo
    Bilbo sneaks behind the old dwarf and starts singing a song about gold he'd heard Thorin sing on a number of occasions. He has to fight to stop from laughing; he hadn't had this much fun in years! The various families in the Shire were too stuffy, as were the elves.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    One of the guards looks confused, but the other raises an eyebrow incredulously. "You were floating." He replies. "We both saw you, nobody is fooled. Look, just go, submit your chit, and then you can do whatever you want." He says, in what he clearly hoped was a reasonable voice.
    Lina drops the act and forms a narrow-eyed smile.

"Can't let me have some fun, can you? Alright, alright, I'll come along."
    Along the way she will look for any signs which might indicate the name of the city.

Shortly afterwards, Gourry arrives at the gate.
    "Alright, I made it. And Lina's nowhere to be seen! Get ready food, here I come!"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Black Knight
    She raises an eyebrow, and her face hardens. "Yes. And I'm to understand that you're some sort of knight, coming to me for help?" She replies curtly. "If you're what passes for a diplomat, no wonder you're here to beg."

Lina Inverse
    From shop signs, you are able to use simple deduction to determine the name is Terim. Neither of the guards escort you, and you see no reason to do as they asked. A battered looking inn named 'The Green Chestnut' is to your right, with a delightful arma of roasting meat tantalizing you.

The guards wave Gourry through, mistaking her for a noble.

Leonidas
    The Quenn smiles. "We have five hundred warriors, and one hundred mages." She says, her voice suggesting this is a massive force rather then a handful.

Artemis
    It is difficult to know their numbers in the murk, but you would say perhaps three for every one of you.
    The Giant goes down to writhe on the ground, bleeding mortally, and many of the monsters nearest to him go down to.
    The monsters fight with rage and naked savagery, relying on their superior stregnth rather then skill or tactics. An enormous one rears above Artemis, clenching an enormous scythelike blade that he swings in a monsterous arc.

Bilbo
    As you do, the dwarf stands perfectly erect, crown on snowy head, clutching a ceremonial hammer in one hand. "Vrael?" He says in a clear ringing voice. "Vrael, face me! Or do you comer behind your monsters? We will never let you win, Vrael. Kill my people, we will never bend as long a s iron is strong and we have breath in our bodies! Do you hear me Vrael? I..."'Just then the hammer fell from his grasp and crashed o the floor, chipping the stone. The ancient dwarf swayed and sat back on his chair, breath coming in short gasps.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-21 at 07:42 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #114

Bilbo
    Bilbo slips the ring off into his pocket as to avoid letting them know that he was ever wearing it, before turning to the large man, "Is he a bit...off? Because all I did was sing a song about gold and he's screaming about a 'vrael.' Where I come from, any Dwarf withen earshot would be singing along." He looks the dwarf over to make sure that he wasn't injured by the prank.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

The archmage, still seeking out the Varden leadership, pauses for breath.

Lu-Tze

Heading towards the Spartan army, the old man streches his muscles, readying himself for whatever will happen. In his experience, wars never did anything important, but he wanted to see if this world was any different. Why? His Way gave him the answer: Because.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Theodric looks at him. His eyes are sad. "Their are few of his people left. The red dwarves were all but slaughtered by the elves three centuries ago when they refused to bend knee or trade with them, their halls destroyed and their treasures stolen. This was once their kingdom. He can't forget." The big man replied. "Most dwarves would be singing along, but..." He sighed. "It makes them bitter."

Raistlain
    You come to a room, guarded by two of the creatures you recognize as Urgals. Eragon and a dark skinned women are within, as well as a broad shouldered man in black armor.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-21 at 07:39 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #117

Bilbo
    "I'm sorry, didn't mean to touch on such a subject. I've never met a dwarf like him....Thorin, even at death always had a fire in him. I've also never met an elf clan that would come to wipe out a dwarf's kingdom. The elves in Mirkwood were problematic, but not outright genocidal. We Hobbits have the distinct legacy of never fighting a war." Bilbo pulls out his pipe and starts smoking away.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

The wizard stands before the two Urgals. In a calm, clear voice, the same voice he used for his Guardians at the Tower of High Socrery, he states "Let me pass."

Brushing his way past the side, and suppressing another coughing fit, the wizard extinguishes the light on his staff(Dulak), and approaches the trio.

"And who is this new arrival? Some barbarian berserker?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #119

Black Knight

"I came here on orders from the great wizard Merlin to seek out allies against the Empire." Percy says as he glares at the woman.

"I leave Camelot and travel across this land avoiding imperial patrols cities as much as possible and searching for information on this rebellion. What do I find? That the rebellion is everybit as bad if not worse than the Empire. The Empire seeks to conquer so they take land and treat prisoners with honour." Obviously any sense of diplomacy is lost at this point. Percy draws the Ebony Blade to protect himself from any magic that may come his way.

"What do you seek? To destroy this world in order to keep it out of the hands of your hated Empire. That is what the people of Yazuac no doubt think. Or they would if you hadn't slaughtered every single one of them." Percy backs towards the exit, shield and sword in hand.

"And to think it was not a man who did this but a pentulent child and a woman. Camelot has not need for allies such as you."

Look's like Percy just bit off a lot more than he could chew.

Leonidas

"A large force for such a small town." Leonidas scoffed and indeed it wa. If these elves had undergone proper Spartan training and they truly are as superior to normal men as they claim but a dozen could have taken this city.

Artemis

Artemis raised his shield to intercept the attack and followed through with a slash of his own sword across the monster's torso.

The Sprtans start to take light casualities as a three warriors now nurse minor wounds but they do not let it distract them from the combat.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    As you make your way towards the tavern, you catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of your eye. A shadow in the shadows, sliding along, a man’s shape in mottled grays and a shapeless cloak, barely more than a vague hint of texture in the murk…
    The figure of a tall, lean man peeled back the hood of his cloak and stopped midstep. He turned and stared directly at the young sorceress, his maroon hair in thick braids, his mouth open to reveal serrated, triangular teeth. The look the stranger gave sent a shiver soul deep. It was it’s eyes, they were ancient, knowing and so, so cold. They stripped away the layers of lies and identity and delved deep into the core of who she was. They knew her.

Leonidas
    She smirks. "Oh no. This many for the entire Empire. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a war to fight. I'm sure a soldier of your stature will understand."

Artemis
    The monster barrels into him, using it's weight to knock his feet from under him. baring flat, yellow teeth,like heavy pebbles it bites at his throat, it's enormous arms restraining his.
    The monsters are heedless of their own casualties, flinging themselves at the enemy without the slightest resistance.

Black Knight
    He backs into a frail, sickly looking man, leaning heavily on a staff, with golden skin and hourglass shaped pupils.
    Nuasda pursed her lips, looking furious, but it was Eragon who answered.
    In a high, arrogant voice, he yelled "You're a fool. I am a Rider. I have been singled out of all humanity by Saphira, the last free dragon. Endowed with power beyond any mortal, and the responsibility of safe-guarding the entire world, even your backwards little kingdom. I am stronger, tougher, more intelligent and wiser then any human can be. I can know a man's thoughts with a glance, summon powers they could not even understand, even the greatest sickness can be cured with a word. If I was to punch a wall, it would be damaged, not I. Men are slaves to society, to culture, their lords, their destiny. I am not, servant only to the duties I choose to take on myself. It is not my place to follow rules or conduct, I decide for myself what is right and wrong. Both as a rider, and by virtue of my blood. I am directly descended from the first King of this country! I am better then those of a lesser station, and it is my privilege and burden to act as I see fit! By what right do you dare presume to Judge me?" He roared, a hint of spittle at the corner of his mouth.
    With a sharp, convulsive movement he drew his sword, incomparable blue, and pointed at you. “Brisingr!” He shouted, and sapphire flames sprung along his sword.

Bilbo
    Theodric smiled. "I wish we could claim that. The only man who seems to want peace is called a tyrant, and they want to depose him. Who cares who sits on the throne? Heavy lies the crown."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-21 at 08:25 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.